The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

EU server constant rolebacks

• karpatska_vlcice
    I just wonder here, coz I haven read any valid response to that, WHY does the servers have to be OFFLINE during the maintenance, as I found couple of posts on this forum about how it it possible to do so without turning them off?

AND if there is a valid need to take them down, WHY there is no refund to for this time to the ESO Plus palyers?
    Just curious....
  • ad4mss
    ad4mss
    ✭✭✭
    Will the players get a refund for all day server downtime?
    Whisper me in any case @ad4mss
    Follow me on Twitter @JAdamczewski
  • dwright09ub17_ESO
    dwright09ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    y does all every1 not get 2 logon some times complete unfair to those who r 2 try 2 play y so lonf
  • TheOnePandemonium
    TheOnePandemonium
    ✭✭✭
    Will we get compensation guys? XP boost or something? ^^ Not whining but I'm just curious as BDO used to do this when this sort of thing happened.
    Hope it's sorted out soon! :)
  • ad4mss
    ad4mss
    ✭✭✭
    Just got another update from the team working the maintenance. We're about an hour out from completion, maybe less. We'll let you know as soon as everything is back up and the servers are re-opened.

This was written 1,5h ago. 1,5>1h
  • daedalusAI
    daedalusAI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will we get compensation guys? XP boost or something? ^^ Not whining but I'm just curious as BDO used to do this when this sort of thing happened.

You have to be glad that they went out of their way to inform you as a customer that there is an extended downtime without any reason specified.
  • Sergun
    Sergun
    ✭✭✭
    30 min ago
  • Rebornlogic
    Rebornlogic
    ✭✭
    ad4mss wrote: »
    Just got another update from the team working the maintenance. We're about an hour out from completion, maybe less. We'll let you know as soon as everything is back up and the servers are re-opened.

from the timestamps my side shows, it was 30 mins ago
  • ad4mss
    ad4mss
    ✭✭✭

Every serious game dev refunds players time they lost cuz of such reasons. ZOS still did not include such thing, dunno why, especially it's not a f2p game.
  • dwright09ub17_ESO
    dwright09ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    i agrey and its also not guod 4 playrys to be also why cant i log 2 srever plz fixc asap
  • The_Old_Goat
    The_Old_Goat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    y does all every1 not get 2 logon some times complete unfair to those who r 2 try 2 play y so lonf

Did anyone else read this in a thick Russian accent? Don't mess with the KGB!
  • Redevil1973
    identified the problem, that was 2 hrs ago so should be up just after 5 GMT we shall see.
  • Sergun
    Sergun
    ✭✭✭

i agrey and its also not guod 4 playrys to be also why cant i log 2 srever plz fixc asap -

waz iz dat lengvagh ?
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Look at the time it posted.

11:29AM

It is now 12:00 noon.

I know I went to school before the stone age, and we had to shoo the dinosaurs out of the way to get in the cave, but 11:29 a.m. to 12:00 noon used to be 30 minutes. Excuse me, 31 minutes. Before someone points out the discrepancy.
    Edited by JKorr on October 24, 2016 4:06PM
  • KriHavok
    KriHavok
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bronan026 wrote: »
    KriHavok wrote: »
    Bronan026 wrote: »

So then, we should double that ETA, add the first number we thought of and add a random number of hours from some random number generator, and that will be closer to the ETA.........if past experience of ESO downtime teaches us anything at all.

It's called estimated for a reason.

Usually, estimates should at least be more or less in the same ball park. Past ETA's from ZOS have not only NOT been in the same ball park, more often than not they are a different sport altogether.

Your sarcasm aside, from what I have read of this forum so far, there are just too many people who act and post in a way that implies we are not allowed to express both our opinions and our frustration, you being one such.....

Maybe I should add the disclaimer: 'Fanbois need not reply!' to every single one of my posts.

I wasn't intentionally being sarcastic, so I apologise for any offence caused. Opinions are allowed on the forums of course, provided they are constructive. And yes, I am a fan of the series, that's why I'm here playing and supporting the game, I don't understand why that's a problem. Also, estimates are only ideas at that moment in time, they can vary by quite a bit, but also not that much too. I understand your frustration in that you expect the estimates to not vary by much, but unfortunately they do sometimes.
    UESP Staffer & Wiki Editor
  • Drishtan
    Drishtan
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS U Need to GIT GUD!!!

L2M!!!!

***Learn-to-Maintenance***

• anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just wonder here, coz I haven read any valid response to that, WHY does the servers have to be OFFLINE during the maintenance, as I found couple of posts on this forum about how it it possible to do so without turning them off?

Look better. You'll also find a couple of posts explaining precisely why it is not done this way.

• ad4mss
    ad4mss
    ✭✭✭
    JKorr wrote: »

I know I went to school before the stone age, and we had to shoo the dinosaurs out of the way to get in the cave, but 11:30 a.m. to 12:00 noon used to be 30 minutes.

Man, the earth's rotation has *really* slowed down.....

Somehow I could see it was posted here over 1h ago, dunno why. Now I can see it was posted 30 min ago, so my bad.
  • karpatska_vlcice

Look better. You'll also find a couple of posts explaining precisely why it is not done this way.

Can you post me a link then?
  • Virolek
    Virolek
    ✭✭
    Will the players get a refund for all day server downtime?

Nope. I've contacted them before regarding this and get the usual cut and paste answers thanking for me for my feedback.
  • Tyvarra
    Tyvarra
    ✭✭✭

I know I went to school before the stone age, and we had to shoo the dinosaurs out of the way to get in the cave, but 11:29 a.m. to 12:00 noon used to be 30 minutes. Excuse me, 31 minutes. Before someone points out the discrepancy.

Noon? I'm living in EU and here it is 6 pm now. Servers down since 10 am. Every *** monday T__T
    ZOS doesnt care for the EU market at all...
    I have only a few hours of play time left for today ;_;
    Please fix the game!
  • Amiliana
    Amiliana
    ✭✭✭

This perticular problem was affecting players online with constant rollbacks and disconnections. In other words - no one could play anyway and was only getting more and more frustrated so the logical thing to do is to take the servers down while investigating.

In general, it depends on what they actually need to change whether it can be done with the servers up or not. Temporary content such as a specific dungeon or nation, can be changed with servers online, as long as no one can enter that area meanwhile. Most of the updates are sever-wide changes, which means they can not be updated while being in use - as they are when servers are online.

It is kinda like trying to change the name of a document when you already have it open.

This is to explain it very easily and short. Add to this that it is millions and millions of codes to go through for this whole game, because it is a MMORPG, which also means that it's not only the base gaming code affecting, its the random servers for the connections as well, that have to communicate well together.
    “We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give.” — Winston Curchill
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hi folks, we ran into a bump that's going to extend the maintenance time a bit. Current ETA is around 1:30 ET.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Immortal_Dark410
    Immortal_Dark410
    ✭✭✭
    Hi folks, we ran into a bump that's going to extend the maintenance time a bit. Current ETA is around 1:30 ET.

k Thanks for the update @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Appreciate it, well lunch time then best go grab me some Grub :smiley:
    Retired Guild Leader Of AMAZING DEALS OF TAMRIEL
    Retired Guild Leader Of AMAZING DEALS OF NIRN
    (ALL FACTION TRADE GUILDS)

PC NA SERVER
    DC - DARKDROGO | ORC | STAM DK | LVL 50 | CP 1285
    AD - DARK-GEARLT-OF-RIVIA | ALTMER | MAG SORC | LVL 50 | CP 1285
    EP - DARK-ABYSS | DUNMER | MAG TEMP | LVL 50 | CP 1285
    DC - REAPERS-CLOACK-OF-YASSASEEN | BRETON | MAG NB | LVL 50 | CP 1285
    AD - DARK-SLADE-WILSON | KHAJIIT | STAM NB | LVL 50 | CP 585
    AD - THE-LAST-DRUID-OF-PARANOR | ALTMER | MAG DK | LVL 50 | CP 1285
    AD - GALADRIEL-LADY OF LIGHT | IMPERIAL | STAM SORC | LVL 50 | CP 1285

CONSOLE PS5 NA SERVER AS WELL
  • covenant_merchant
    covenant_merchant
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh rip
  • daedalusAI
    daedalusAI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyvarra wrote: »

Noon? I'm living in EU and here it is 6 pm now. Servers down since 10 am. Every *** monday T__T
    ZOS doesnt care for the EU market at all...
    I have only a few hours of play time left for today ;_;

I had an idea: someone should create a graph showing their planned and extended downtimes plotted with the corresponding times.
    That way we had a graph which should reflect an incompetence of zos prolonging their downtimes into the prime times.
  • hayaschwarz
    hayaschwarz
    ✭✭✭

Every serious game dev refunds players time they lost cuz of such reasons. ZOS still did not include such thing, dunno why, especially it's not a f2p game.

The downtime is a weekly Thing for ZOS, that means we will get bonuses each week :D
    haya-sw - Stamina Dragonknight / Tank
    Shrouded Lachance - Stamina Nightblade / Tank
    Healer le Bobo - Magicka Templar
    Haya-Jr - Magicka Dragonknight
    C-Frags Haya - Magicka Sorcerer
    Hi Ya - Magicka Nightblade
    Haya-Jr II - Stamina Dragonknight / Tank

Co-Founder and Officer of Well Fitted, PvE leading EU DC Guild
  • dwright09ub17_ESO
    dwright09ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Amiliana wrote: »

This perticular problem was affecting players online with constant rollbacks and disconnections. In other words - no one could play anyway and was only getting more and more frustrated so the logical thing to do is to take the servers down while investigating.

In general, it depends on what they actually need to change whether it can be done with the servers up or not. Temporary content such as a specific dungeon or nation, can be changed with servers online, as long as no one can enter that area meanwhile. Most of the updates are sever-wide changes, which means they can not be updated while being in use - as they are when servers are online.

It is kinda like trying to change the name of a document when you already have it open.

This is to explain it very easily and short. Add to this that it is millions and millions of codes to go through for this whole game, because it is a MMORPG, which also means that it's not only the base gaming code affecting, its the random servers for the connections as well, that have to communicate well together.

this appars 2 be lieying to ppl bcuz games was work 4 some now not up and work 4 us
  • flubber77
    flubber77
    ✭✭✭✭

do you know there is people in EU also with the same problem?
    Still a grudge, only to see false what u want and nothing less.
  • Vifen
    Vifen
    ✭✭✭
    Is that 1:30 pm?
    PC EU

G Strongarm - 50 sorc
    Vifen Ah - 50 dk crafter