The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

AMA Summary Notes: Many Questions Answers, Nothing Said

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    nimander99 wrote: »
    I don't have the source but I remember reading that Crates wouldn't be released at the same time as OT, they would be coming closer to the end of the year.

That's correct.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cazzy wrote: »
    It was enough for me tbh. I waited until tonight to give them a good chance to actually talk, reply, inform and reassure their fans about a topic - but instead they want to ignore or horribly surprise us. So, I uninstalled.

bye1.gif

Good Going ZOS you managed to *** off one of the friendliest and most helpful people on the forums I hope you are happy
    Edited by RAGUNAnoOne on September 23, 2016 11:53PM
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cazzy wrote: »
    I asked a simple question twice but got no response.

Meanwhile they replied to loads of "I love you" and "Oh hai" comments.

Pretty fed up tbh. Not professional and absolutely disgusting treatment of loyal consumers.

What was the question?
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    RIP ESO.

I can feel the heart and soul of the game begin to be ripped apart for profit.

Free to play coming next.
    Edited by KingYogi415 on September 24, 2016 12:16AM
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    RIP ESO.

I can feel the heart and soul of the game begin to ripped apart for profit.

Not only is F2P counter-intuitive to what you are getting at but it already is so, or as close to as so as it'll get for a B2P game lol
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I just saw the bit on the AMA about Gina punching Brian on ESO Live... Seriously, make it happen!! You could 100% expect to see me in the audience if it were to occur!

No offense, Brian ;)
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on September 24, 2016 12:19AM
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im not reading an entire AMA any buffs for magicka sorcerers mentioned? Seen some things about mag DKs anyways just asking.
    Edited by RebornV3x on September 24, 2016 12:21AM
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    RIP ESO.

Not only is F2P counter-intuitive to what you are getting at but it already is so, or as close to as so as it'll get for a B2P game lol

Charging 500$'s for a mount and god knows how much for housing will drive away the most loyal players who have spent the most time and money.

With the removal of boe and crown crates added it certainly feels like some of the spirit of the game is dying.

Console Buff timers coming do add a little heat to my ice cold heart tho.
    Edited by KingYogi415 on September 24, 2016 12:21AM
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    RIP ESO.

Charging 500$'s for a mount and god knows how much for housing will drive away the most loyal players who have spent the most time and money.

With the removal of boe and crown crates added it certainly feels like some of the spirit of the game is dying.

If by "spirit of the game" you mean "easy access" regarding BoE then I agree. This game NEEDS more things you have to actually WORK for instead of buy from someone that obtained it.
  • AGrz5585
    AGrz5585
    ✭✭✭
    RIP ESO.

Console Buff timers coming do add a little heat to my ice cold heart tho.

Removal of BoE just gives me incentive to run dungeons for sets I want and to finally level my undaunted
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A new player now has to grind 4 hours for mats to sell if they want to upgrade ONE piece to gold.

Before a single robust ring dropping would have done the trick.

All end game PVEer's are effectively being removed from the economy.

I hope people like grinding solo -_-
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A new player now has to grind 4 hours for mats to sell if they want to upgrade ONE piece to gold.

I for one welcome a good means of making gold that doesn't involve the player market. Finally, people can make good gold without resorting to trading/selling and crime...
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on September 24, 2016 12:30AM
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Don't you worry, I was there and saw. Just recently I pushed a bit harder for an answer on this - and tried to ensure the question was clear as possible so it wasn't misunderstood.

-No plans on continuing the current dungeons stories (like Vaults of Madness)
    -Magicka DK getting buffed in Update 13 (this includes Dragon Blood although it sounds like they're changing the ability, rather than just buffing)
    -NO FLYING MOUNTS. Maybe one day hovering/floating.. but they're not working on it.
    -Rich and Wheeler are probably gone to get a beer right now
    -Future update they will try to change something so we start putting points into health instead of just our mag/stam pool.
    -No cheap respec for Update 12 (not surprised)
    -I complained about the terrible 2 traits on monster sets and Rich said should be easier since drops are guaranteed.. and "Also, ideally we'd like to make all traits interesting..."
    -not increasing bank space anytime soon

Oh I thought this was interesting!

Hello, one more question, on pax /u/ZOS_RichLambert said that he believed IC telvar sets had jewlery included in them aswell in one tamriel, I can however confirm they do not, not powerful assault or shieldbreaker etc have no jewlery or weapons in their set items, is this intended or oversight? thank you very much.

[–]ZOS_RichLambert [score hidden] 14 minutes ago
    You are right... it got missed. We will get it fixed.

Sounds like telvar sets are getting jewelry!

-"Pretty sure I answered this one already - but yes we are working on showing Buff / Debuffs for the console UI." (I assume they'll give it to PC at the same time too as per usual)

Not increasing bank space anytime soon...

Does that include when housing is released, cause if I can't store *** in my house then what is the point. Like that's the most basic point of owning a house. If they can't get that right then there is something wrong with them.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RIP ESO.

I can feel the heart and soul of the game begin to be ripped apart for profit.

This other than for friends I don't know why I am bothering with the game or forums anymore there is no soul at all... If I had a reliable cash flow I would move on and try FF14...
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I for one welcome a good means of making gold that doesn't involve the player market. Finally, people can make good gold without resorting to trading/selling and crime...

Actually the most profitable way to make gold will still be the player market. Buying low and selling high. Stacking gold tempers then jacking the prices every dlc.

The average player can really only grind mats. I don't think casuals get gold gear in PvP.

If you don't already have millions to gamble with, good luck!
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not everyone will agree what is best for the game but time will tell . No one is hoping the game will lose players or die off but another mass exodus like we had when ZOS made the mistake of introducing vet levels will be too much a second time . ZOS corrected that mistake but is sliding the dangerous slope right after regaining some traction .

New games and opportunities in 2017 are coming and ZOS should consider this danger . Not fixing issues like balance for a long time make decisions about leaving easier for people . Feeling being listened too is not important if always ignored anyways . There is a real competition gearing up for this game soon and one wrong move could make or break the end game shelf life here .

I hope ZOS makes positive changes .
  • PurifedBladez
    PurifedBladez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idk why people care about housing.. so pointless tbh and I can guarantee everyone who asked for it won't be satisfied with what they get.

Minor pvp changes? No love? I'll probably stop playing some time soon.
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget, no plans for jewelcrafting. Say hi to second-classhood for crafting sets for good I guess. And no way to upgrade dropped jewels. *thumbs up* Z :smiley:
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not everyone will agree what is best for the game but time will tell . No one is hoping the game will lose players or die off but another mass exodus like we had when ZOS made the mistake of introducing vet levels will be too much a second time . ZOS corrected that mistake but is sliding the dangerous slope right after regaining some traction .

New games and opportunities in 2017 are coming and ZOS should consider this danger . Not fixing issues like balance for a long time make decisions about leaving easier for people . Feeling being listened too is not important if always ignored anyways . There is a real competition gearing up for this game soon and one wrong move could make or break the end game shelf life here .

Weren't Guild Wars 2 and Wildstar and Black Desert and Fallout 4 and others meant to be serious competition that may put ESO in danger? Yet it still remains.

I am off playing Dragon Age: Inquisition (finally!!) at the moment. But ESO sure as heck fire will still be here after that and after I've played through FF XV and others.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Idk why people care about housing.. so pointless tbh and I can guarantee everyone who asked for it won't be satisfied with what they get.

I can guarantee you are off the mark saying "everyone" will be disappointed with housing. Plenty of collectors in Tamriel that will simply adore being able to put their beloved Trophies on display! Let's also not forget the Training Dummy. People may argue it is useless without a log but even without a log it has SOME merit.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »

Weren't Guild Wars 2 and Wildstar and Black Desert and Fallout 4 and others meant to be serious competition that may put ESO in danger? Yet it still remains.

I am off playing Dragon Age: Inquisition (finally!!) at the moment. But ESO sure as heck fire will still be here after that and after I've played through FF XV and others.

No I never considered any of those a real threat to ESO . There is one coming though .
  • PurifedBladez
    PurifedBladez
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I can guarantee you are off the mark saying "everyone" will be disappointed with housing. Plenty of collectors in Tamriel that will simply adore being able to put their beloved Trophies on display! Let's also not forget the Training Dummy. People may argue it is useless without a log but even without a log it has SOME merit.

Housing is stupid. It's just more fluff in a game that's getting pretty fluffy.
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No I never considered any of those a real threat to ESO . There is one coming though .

Well I heard lots of people on here saying BDO and others would kill ESO.

What's this next one that's going to kill off ESO then? :smile:
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • elvenmad
    elvenmad
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Have to agree, here, after seeing how player housing worked out in other games like Archeage I can clearlly see the real reasons why ZoS have taken the time to work on this new introduction...........it has a huge potential for cash income, nothing more.

Edited by elvenmad on September 24, 2016 12:49AM
    < PC - EU >
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It's looking more and more like it might be ESO that does it.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

If BDO was not a pay to win korrean grindfest. ESO would be in trouble all ready.

ESO is the only AAA graphics MMO out right now, and they are turning it into a phone game.

I read someone say ZOS hired the person who created the never winter store. Hoping it's not true.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I absolutely remember getting a Galerion ring when the set first came out. That is a tel var set, so whoever said that none of the sets have jewelry is wrong.
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What robust ring that a new player has access of? Also it not even a removal of boe. The sets are just being move back to the places where they use be anyway. They were just lower level sets drop in overland before they became higher level trial sets.
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Well that is your opinion that others may or may not share. Personally, I await what it will hold in more detail beyond what we already know!
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I absolutely remember getting a Galerion ring when the set first came out. That is a tel var set, so whoever said that none of the sets have jewelry is wrong.
    New IC sets which were added have jewelry, but the originals (Shield Breaker, Black Rose, etc) do not have jewelry or weapons.