The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.1 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657287/pts-incremental-patch-maintenance-extended-april-22-2024

Alliance Rider Outfit

• GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey everyone,

The Dev team would like to get your thoughts on the fact that the Alliance Rider costume and hood are not dyeable. Does this decrease your interest in them? Are you okay with it? Please let us know!

LAME. 100% lost interest. As a steathly player, id like to wear my alliance logo with pride but be dyed black since im sneaky.

Id accept being able to use the grey colors and color of your alliance (red,yellow,blue). If you wanted to restrict some colors.
    PS4 NA DC
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't bother me at all. I like the outfit and plan on purchasing it.
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey everyone,

The Dev team would like to get your thoughts on the fact that the Alliance Rider costume and hood are not dyeable. Does this decrease your interest in them? Are you okay with it? Please let us know!

I'm fine with that. I see them more like team uniforms, something that helps identify riders from a distance who are too far for the alliance Icons to show.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone,

Undyeable is a deal breaker for me on any costume. If it is undyeable I wouldn't buy it.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone,

The Dev team would like to get your thoughts on the fact that the Alliance Rider costume and hood are not dyeable.

There are still more than three dye channels without the shirt fabric - gloves, pants, boots, hemming, belt, belt buckle exterior, and metal shirt studs.

But don't let logic get in the way of anything anymore.
    signing off
  • TankHealz2015
    TankHealz2015
    ✭✭✭
    I like them.
    Especially the Alliance horse outfits.
    Looks great!
  • kip_silverwolf
    kip_silverwolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

I'm fine with that. I see them more like team uniforms, something that helps identify riders from a distance who are too far for the alliance Icons to show.

^^ This is why I like them too. I'm fine with them not being dyeable - it does make sense as they are Alliance indicators. I like the way they change to match a character's alliance, rather than having to purchase three separate costumes.

I'd just like to add that if they were dyeable it wouldn't bother me, I would still buy them....except if they were only obtainable through Crown Crates.
    Edited by kip_silverwolf on September 22, 2016 10:55PM
    "I'm going to live forever..or at least die trying"

drunken Nord & Tamriel streaker since Arena

• James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone,

If you release the colour to our palettes so we can colour match any other armour or costume that would be fine for me... I'll buy it anyway! Just need a flag to ride into battle now!!
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A thought here, perhaps make them dyable but let a few stripes of the Alliances colour show through the costume, like stripes on the side of the costume or outlining the face for the hood. Something discreet that won't bother people who want to dye them but still show the Alliance colour. The alliance symbols are nice how they are
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • Milicent
    Milicent
    ✭✭✭
    I'll get the costume anyway, but I'd suggest you to let people dye them.
    ————
    (\_/)
    ( O_o)
    o(“)(“)
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey everyone,

If I'm buying it from the crown store it should be dyeable. But if these were given out as rewards for interacting in PVP I'd be okay with them NOT being dyeable.
  • bovardjeff_ESO
    bovardjeff_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I say they are fine as is. I personally don't want to see a bunch of yellow ebonheart pacts running around cyrodill. Currently the costume fufilled my DESIRE for a nice army officer uniform i can now wear to parties :smiley:
    However, if so many want it dyable i say go the route of making the gloves and other parts dyable but not the main chest peice.
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone,

Its alliance rider costume, so for me the alliance colour is one of the most important things...
    Edited by The_Saint on September 23, 2016 8:22AM
    Samuel Crow - Nachtklinge - PC-EU-DC
    Saint_Crow Twitch / Youtube
    ESO Stream Team Member
    Noractis
  • MarkusLiberty
    MarkusLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its alliance rider costume, so for me the alliance colour is one of the most important things...

I agree, I'm totally happy with them not being dyeable. They're all about alliance pride, after all.
    *Special Snowflake*

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The_Saint wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

I agree, I'm totally happy with them not being dyeable. They're all about alliance pride, after all.
    Also agreed. Wandering around in a blue AD costume would not be right.

If they were to be dyeable, it should only be in other shades of the Alliance colour, or from the Grey palette.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not being able to dye it makes sense - it matches the horse's barding which isn't dyeable either. As long as they're available directly and not in gamble crates I will buy them for PvPing in, along with the horse. And dog, as the wardog actually moves like a dog and not a rabbit!
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think because it is an alliance costume that it shouldn't be dyable - but that should be absolutely writ large in the crown store "THIS COSTUME CANNOT BE DYED". Otherwise people are not getting what they expect (a costume that can be dyed), and there are laws here against misrepresentation of goods. I don't care what it says in the TOS, it's better to let people know up front what they can expect from any item purchased.

If this one is not able to be dyed, that needs to be stated clearly and in large print at the point of sale, before people buy it.
    Edited by Epona222 on September 23, 2016 10:18AM
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »
    I think because it is an alliance costume that it shouldn't be dyable - but that should be absolutely writ large in the crown store "THIS COSTUME CANNOT BE DYED".
    Agreed. Something that is not the norm needs to be clearly stated.

(Incidentally, I would love for this to be a direct in-game reward for something, in addition to it being in the Crown Store - same goes for the horse.)
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hey everyone,

I do not want to buy that costume, but generaly, why is it not dyable? what is the reason for that? I bet people want to be able to dye all the parts!
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
    I do not want to buy that costume, but generaly, why is it not dyable? what is the reason for that? I bet people want to be able to dye all the parts!

Khajiit would assume it is not dyeable because it represents the uniform of a solider of a particular faction. How can you have your army stand together as one if the orcs always insist on dyeing their uniforms pink? A uniform is just that - all the same.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Forztr
    Forztr
    ✭✭✭✭
    The costume not being dyeable would be fine with me i wouldn't want to but the hood i'd rather have it dyeable so i could match it to the rest of my look but still represent my faction with the logo.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager

Khajiit would assume it is not dyeable because it represents the uniform of a solider of a particular faction. How can you have your army stand together as one if the orcs always insist on dyeing their uniforms pink? A uniform is just that - all the same.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Yep, @SantieClaws is correct. The colors are intended to be thematically appropriate for the alliance they represent. We do want feedback on them though, and what everyone has provided has been helpful. Thank you. :)

Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    The_Saint wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

Also agreed. Wandering around in a blue AD costume would not be right.

If they were to be dyeable, it should only be in other shades of the Alliance colour, or from the Grey palette.
    This. I agree completely. I wouldn't want to dye them anyway, alliance pride is the only reason why I'd wear them.

But please make sure it's abundantly clear in the crown store description that they aren't dyable.
    Edited by Rosveen on September 23, 2016 3:56PM
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone,

It decreases my interest in them, yeah, but I wasn't a big fan of wearing team colors to begin with. Maybe add in a fourth costume and hood that doesn't have an alliance symbol on it that can be dyed?

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The costumes must be dyable. If it was a normal gear piece I'd say it's not an issue, but costume dying is locked behind a pay wall therefore we should have the ability to dye every costume regardless of design intent.

Faction color is important, if the color feels off from the faction color id say the costume will fail in sales.

Those are my thoughts :).
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I would like to see these to be dyable like other costumes.

From a lore standpoint, a different color on my DC costume could mean my character is in King Emric's elite Guard (separate from the Lion Guard) or unique Cavalry unit.

The Alliance armor motifs are dyable ... and players are editing those color schemes all the time.

Just my two cents ...
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It personally does not bother me. However, I can see why it would bother others. Being able to dye costumes is nice and adds at least some uniqueness to costumes but seeing how these are alliance themed costumes I can see why they are not able to be dyed.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hey everyone,

Why would you have a team uniform be one set color? Does it really matter if you accidentally shoot someone who is on your side? After all, you should be able to see that guy in the red outfit is really a Daggerfall Covenant player, he's dressed the same as all the other...oh, wait.... Yeah. Red...Ebonheart.... Oh well. Hey, that guy in Yellow is shooting at me? I'm AD too, just because I'm wearing a pretty blue tabard.....

ALLIANCE colors/ALLIANCE rider/ALLIANCE horse. Gosh. I don't know why they wouldn't allow the colors to be changed....

Now maybe, for the stealthy types, the offered a camo version.... but allowing the players to pick the colors, not so much.

• Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It decreases my interest in them, yeah, but I wasn't a big fan of wearing team colors to begin with. Maybe add in a fourth costume and hood that doesn't have an alliance symbol on it that can be dyed?
    I think that would be a good compromise. You get your specific team-designed versions, and a 4th version lacking the logo to do whatever you want with.
  • BrianDavion
    BrianDavion
    ✭✭✭✭

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Yep, @SantieClaws is correct. The colors are intended to be thematically appropriate for the alliance they represent. We do want feedback on them though, and what everyone has provided has been helpful. Thank you. :)

it seems to me that rather then making these crown store items it might be an idea to make them earned in PVP. get the uniforma t rank 1, the cap ant rank, I dunno 5 the horse at a higher rank.