The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Alliance Rider Outfit

Osteos
Osteos
✭✭✭✭✭
When I equipped this costume my hair changed from black to blonde.
DAGGERFALL COVENANT
NA PC
Former Vehemence Member
Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe it's a feature .
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happened to me too, on an Imperial character in DC.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Happened to me too, on an Imperial character in DC.

Interesting my character is also Imperial.
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
  • HayleyTaurus
    HayleyTaurus
    ✭✭
    Did it change back when you removed the costume?
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If this is happening to a lot of people, please list:

--Race
    --Hairstyle/Color (Original and converted to by bug)

It might be helpful to see if it's happening to a particular race/hair color/etc., or across the board.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Female Breton in DC. Put on costume, and her brunette head becomes blonde. Remove costume, and it reverts to normal.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes it changes back when you take it off. I tried it on my black haired bosmer nightblade and hers also changed to blonde.

Anyone not from DC tried it out?
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
  • NovaShadow
    NovaShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Checked all my girls for you:

AD - Breton - no change (brown hair)

EP - Breton - no change (red hair)
    EP - Imperial - no change (brown hair)
    EP - Altmer - no change (brown hair)
    EP - Redguard - no change (black hair)

DC - Bosmer - changed (from brown to blond) **didn't just change her hair, changed her skin colour too**

PC NA - EPHS
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just tried it on a few non-DC characters, and it didn't change their hair.
    NovaShadow wrote: »
    DC - Bosmer - changed (from brown to blond) **didn't just change her hair, changed her skin colour too**
    Hmm, seems suspicious... Is DC turning into *** Germany? Are they trying to turn their whole population into the Aryan ideal?
    This is what happened to my DC Redguard:
    Whitewashing_zpsdaqbosdn.png
    She turned into a blonde white girl!
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats what must have happened to Michael Jackson
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @UrQuan I can't tell from the screen - is the BACK of your character's head changing too or just the bangs? It looks like it isn't but that might be a hair ornament/hat rather than hair.

I suspect what's happening is that the DC portion of the costume is telling the skin/hair settings to advance X many slots down the list IN ADDITION to the costume itself.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    29444425416_c3559abd02_h.jpg

28854290934_d6cb062713_h.jpg

Affects males as well.

Thanks for checking the other Alliances @NovaShadow

Its not a big issue by any means of course but it is something they should be aware of and fix. :)
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've heard that blondes have more fun. :*

DC Road Trip!!! :p

Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @UrQuan I can't tell from the screen - is the BACK of your character's head changing too or just the bangs? It looks like it isn't but that might be a hair ornament/hat rather than hair.
    It's all of the hair - she's got a bronze-gold looking ornament in her hair, which is why it looks like just the bangs changing.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • ParaNostram
    ParaNostram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh dear this is a disaster XD
    "Your mistake is you begged for your life, not for mercy. I will show you there are many fates worse than death."

Para Nostram
    Bosmer Sorceress
    Witch of Evermore

"Death is a privilege that can be denied by it's learned scholars."
    Order of the Black Worm
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    We need a new emote /bendandsnap

bendandsnap_zps9qqgzyx3.gif
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Mattock_Romulus
    Mattock_Romulus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will it give my bald Imperial hair? Cause Rogaine ain't helping. ..
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will it give my bald Imperial hair? Cause Rogaine ain't helping. ..

Yes! Come to DC you will be blonde, blue eyed and beautiful!
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
  • Rajajshka
    Rajajshka
    ✭✭✭
    Female khajiit in the DC one... turned my orange kitty into a white kitty.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks guys! We've already fixed this internally, and should be rolled out in a future patch.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • WhiskeyJac
    WhiskeyJac
    ✭✭✭
    Will this outfit effect all mounts or just horses ?
    Edited by WhiskeyJac on September 8, 2016 8:27PM
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks guys! We've already fixed this internally, and should be rolled out in a future patch.

Thank you!
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hey everyone,

The Dev team would like to get your thoughts on the fact that the Alliance Rider costume and hood are not dyeable. Does this decrease your interest in them? Are you okay with it? Please let us know!
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, it does decrease my interest in them. I really don't see the reasoning behind not letting us dye it. My guess that it's not dyeable is because it is immersion breaking? Honestly it really shouldn't matter what color the costume and hat are, the alliance emblem is there no matter how you dye it, and that should be enough reasoning to let us dye it, just like the eso+ subscription promises us to be able to do
    Edited by MyNameIsElias on September 22, 2016 9:30PM
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone,

The Dev team would like to get your thoughts on the fact that the Alliance Rider costume and hood are not dyeable. Does this decrease your interest in them? Are you okay with it? Please let us know!

It is logical, but yes it also decreases my interest.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

It is logical, but yes it also decreases my interest.

Oh and on the "changes" front, when my Altmer with the long Akaviri "twist" hair does the preview for the "kiss me not" cap, her hairstyle suddenly changes to the longish one that Angier Stower wears.

Edited by newtinmpls on September 23, 2016 3:34AM
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone,

Im fine with it not being dyable, talking about the hood here. The only problem I have with it is that I cant replicate the hoods color on my armor/costume. I dont have the exact color (i think)

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Qwazzy
    Qwazzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will not be purchasing unless I'm able to dye it. Looks nice, but that's a deal breaker for me.
    Smallscale/Solo player on multiple servers

PC North America - Characters
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 16
    AD Templar - PvP 33
    AD Nightblade - PvP 17
    AD Dragonknight - PvP 19
    AD Necromancer - PvP 22
    EP Sorcerer - PvP 20
    EP Templar - PvP 21
    EP Nightblade - PvP 20
    DC Sorcerer - PvP 16
    DC Templar - PvP 24
    DC Nightblade - PvP 18
    Xbox North America - Characters
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 32
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 20
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 14
    AD Templar - PvP 41
    AD Templar - PvP 16
    AD Templar - PvP 14
    AD Warden - PvP 29
    AD Nightblade - PvP 27
    AD Dragonknight - PvP 18
    AD Necromancer - PvP 14
    Xbox Europe - Characters
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 42
    AD Templar - PvP 36
    EP Sorcerer - PvP 16
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are these going to be Crown Crate exclusives like all the other new stuff?
    Edited by Moloch1514 on September 22, 2016 10:58PM
    PC-NA
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NovaShadow wrote: »
    Checked all my girls for you:

AD - Breton - no change (brown hair)

EP - Breton - no change (red hair)
    EP - Imperial - no change (brown hair)
    EP - Altmer - no change (brown hair)
    EP - Redguard - no change (black hair)

If only the AD one changed Altmer hair to black :cry:
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.