The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Everyone has 999+ ping on PC/NA atm

• bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also getting super high ping spikes in Reaper's March, as high as 5k and 10k.

To add, now I'm getting spikes as high as 3k-4k in Wrothgar.
  • Garldeen
    Garldeen
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe people would be a bit (no much, mind) more receptive to the lottery boxes if the game actually worked properly. We have lag, unplayable ping, people not being able to enter dlc they have paid for in case they get stuck, group finders not working but instead of fixing these issues they create a lottery system.

The game already has a lottery - will it be playable when I log in today
  • Morbash
    Morbash
    ✭✭✭✭
    5k-10k ping in Wrothgar. Unable to interact with anything. Completely unplayable. Nothing on my end has changed, except for the recent patch I downloaded. Was working fine before then.
    "War doesn't build character; it reveals it."
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hit 14k in Davon's Watch before I got kicked to login.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • Thornen
    Thornen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just attempted Fungal Grotto entire group getting pings from 800-13000....
  • Jennifur_Vultee
    Jennifur_Vultee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ping from 2000-14,000+ in many towns, in many zones in general...this is overdue for a fix Zenimax. You log in, game shuts down trying to connect to region, you finally get in and can't do anything, can't leave the zone, chat lags and you may or may not get disconnected.
    "Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters." – Albert Einstein

Treat a customer fairly and they will remember you. Treat a customer poorly and they never forget.

Imperial City: Zerg, gank or die.
  • Asata
    Asata
    ✭✭✭
    Having assumed that this lag issue is related to which ESO server we're routed onto I've been keeping an eye on my resource monitor. I've noted the connections when everything was fine and the one when it was bad. Maybe it will help.

No lag:
    uhO2POd.jpg

Okay:
    PdQbi5S.jpg

999+ lag:
    JiPYiFJ.jpg

My conclusion? That's not what the issue is.
  • Cybrdroyd
    Cybrdroyd
    ✭✭✭
    When I logged in today I got 999+ lag. It takes about 5 seconds to mount and dismount horse, and about 15 seconds to dismount and harvest wood. I haven't played for a few days, it was fine last time I played.
    The road leads ever onward...

• Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    did a random normal dungeon with 12,000 ping.

that's no good.
    Invictus
  • Truthsnark
    Truthsnark
    ✭✭✭✭
    For me it seems to only affect certain areas; for example, I can stand at the Grahtwood side of the gate to Greenshade and have 110 ping. If I go through the gate into Greenshade, it's 999+. Go back to Grahtwood and it's down to 110 again. Kind of stinks since I just got into Greenshade on this alt, but I have other stuff I can do anyway. :smile:
  • Arnorien16
    Arnorien16
    ✭✭✭
    Asata wrote: »
    Having assumed that this lag issue is related to which ESO server we're routed onto I've been keeping an eye on my resource monitor. I've noted the connections when everything was fine and the one when it was bad. Maybe it will help.

No lag:
    uhO2POd.jpg

Okay:
    PdQbi5S.jpg

999+ lag:
    JiPYiFJ.jpg

My conclusion? That's not what the issue is.

What do you suppose the issue is? WoW Network providers are being DDoSed atm. If ESO's services coincide with them can it be a possible reason?
  • Arnorien16
    Arnorien16
    ✭✭✭
    wonkydog wrote: »
    Maybe people would be a bit (no much, mind) more receptive to the lottery boxes if the game actually worked properly. We have lag, unplayable ping, people not being able to enter dlc they have paid for in case they get stuck, group finders not working but instead of fixing these issues they create a lottery system.

Ummm I dont think the guys who created the Lottery system are the same ones who handles the performance issue. Zeni can do that parallel to each other. So the question is what is wrong with performance? Are they experimenting to improve performance and encountering bumps? (Then its acceptable to a degree) Or they running about like headless chicken? Any information would be good.

But I think they are trying because judging from the interactions with Gina here https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3293864#Comment_3293864 they worked to fix a issue bought up by the community quite pleasantly. So I dont think they would be neglecting a easy fix if that was available.
    Edited by Arnorien16 on August 24, 2016 3:41PM
  • CMz
    CMz
    ✭✭✭
    Experiencing 999+ ping into early morning hours on NA PC server - ISP speed tests showing 294 MB down consistently so not the ISP here on West Coast US. Painful and unplayable - checking 8 toons hirelings took almost 45 minutes with crash to loading screen almost every character change. Hopefully we can get this fixed...
  • Garldeen
    Garldeen
    ✭✭✭✭
    Arnorien16 wrote: »
    wonkydog wrote: »

Ummm I dont think the guys who created the Lottery system are the same ones who handles the performance issue. Zeni can do that parallel to each other. So the question is what is wrong with performance? Are they experimenting to improve performance and encountering bumps? (Then its acceptable to a degree) Or they running about like headless chicken? Any information would be good.

But I think they are trying because judging from the words of Gina here(https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3293864#Comment_3293864) the worked to fix a issue bought up by the community quite pleasantly. So I dont think they would be neglecting a easy fix if that was available.

Very true but it is easy for the eye of management to get distracted by new revenue sources instead of worrying about current problems. As an unprovable example, each department will have a budget. If management decide the focus is on the boxes they will give a larger cash pot to that dept and make cut backs elsewhere
  • 85flyingbrick_ESO
    85flyingbrick_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I had this ping 999+ issue yesterday. I'd had it before as i pvp a lot. One of things someone recommended to me was to turn off my virus and firewall protections. It made a big difference and i've always done that since. However, 2 days ago I scanned my system and forgot to turn everything back off. The ping was horrid as everyone has described. Then i remember the virus and firewall was still up. I turned them off and haven't had an issue since with that. I've still had some hanging on load screens, but nothing too unusual.

I use ESET security, fyi.
    PC/NA

• wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I was lagging out a ton last night and again this morning in Rawl'kha. I moved all my characters out of there and don't seem to be having the same problems in any other big cities or zones.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Are you guys still running into issues with high ping since last night, or does it seem to be cleared up now?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • desciviib14_ESO
    desciviib14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    For me it's specific zones. Stonefalls is unplayable but once I managed to get to Deshaan I was fine, Hews Bane is also unplayable. It's repeatable for me to go back to Stonefalls and ping hits 999
    There is nothing here of interest to any nations; as a matter of fact, there is nothing here but people.
  • Ecco
    Ecco
    ✭✭✭
    I have 63 ping on PC/NA right now. Maybe you should check to see if your service provider is bottlenecked somewhere.

This problem is NOT about the service provider. My wife and I play together on the same connection, side by side. There are many times when I have the problem severely and cannot play at all (e.g., clicks don't register, NPCs don't appear, actions take forever to register), while she is playing perfectly with no lag whatsoever. And there are times when she has the problem and I do not. This fact alone confirms that it is not a connection problem, and suggests that it is a BUG that my wife and I are independently and occasionally triggering somehow.

Hopefully the devs will locate the problem soon. Even though it is intermittent and only occasional, when it hits, the game is wholly unplayable for the duration.
  • Ecco
    Ecco
    ✭✭✭
    I should also add that the problem almost exclusively appears in high traffic areas like Rawl'kha or Elden Root. Rarely out in the field.
  • thesilverball_ESO
    thesilverball_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Game is unplayable. Gratwood, Alik'r desert and Reapers March all sucked royally. Hit a mob of 3, press button - nothing, continue pressing it - nothing and then 5 seconds later dead. Terrible.
  • LrdRahvin
    LrdRahvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you guys still running into issues with high ping since last night, or does it seem to be cleared up now?

I have a question.

Is anything being done to ascertain what the problem is or is it just periodically asking users if the problem has spontaneously gone away on it's own? (damn gremlins).

Because it's now Wed. which would be the third largely unplayable day post 12 hour main. mon.

Just sayin'.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reapers March is a nightmare . 5 minute loading screens to get in , 5 minute shopping search Windows . It's like trying to get in Walmart on Sunday's .
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LrdRahvin wrote: »
    Is anything being done to ascertain what the problem is or is it just periodically asking users if the problem has spontaneously gone away on it's own? (damn gremlins).

I'm sure they have internal metrics on all this stuff, it's likely that they are just trying to correlate user experiences with what their reporting systems are telling them. Debugging 101.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • LrdRahvin
    LrdRahvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wayfarerx wrote: »
    LrdRahvin wrote: »

I'm sure they have internal metrics on all this stuff, it's likely that they are just trying to correlate user experiences with what their reporting systems are telling them. Debugging 101.

Make no assumptions.

This is ZOS we're talking about here. :p
  • Khaos_Bane
    Khaos_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My ping has actually gotten better. I used to get craptons of disconnects from this game, basically since Hist DLC. Now it's much better.

However the LFG IS hosed YET AGAIN.
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes. I filed a ticket. I didn't get the issues in Stormhaven, but whenever I ran dungeons our entire team kept getting 999+ ping. However, it ONLY happened when we entered combat. Walking around, looting... no issues. The moment we engaged in combat, guaranteed, 999+ ping.
  • Calipc216
    Calipc216
    Soul Shriven

I wasn't able to teleport to coldharbour with EP character shortly after Monday's maintenance but that problem went away last night. Whatever you guys did yesterday solved my problem.
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's working for me again. no high ping in Rawl'kha. I'll test daggerfall outlaw refuge in a bit.
  • Heruthema
    Heruthema
    ✭✭✭✭
    AD Rawl'kha still a problem