The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Will the crown store boxes include loyalty rewards??

bowmanz607
bowmanz607
✭✭✭✭✭
I am pretty sure I read somewhere the new boxes will not contain the previous loyalty rewards. is this true?

Best Answers

• Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are not currently planning on adding loyalty rewards to the gambling boxes.
    Edited by Recremen on August 24, 2016 1:49AM
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
    Answer ✓
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    No, Crown Crates will not include the old loyalty rewards.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
    Answer ✓
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kinda defeats the purpose of subbing then ? I hope not, that's the whole point in being a loyal subscriber, to get limited rewards for supporting the game
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »
    They are not currently planning on adding loyalty rewards to the gambling boxes.

Emphasis added.

Sorry, that might be a little bit of cynicism sneaking through from me.
  • Synfaer
    Synfaer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »

Emphasis added.

Sorry, that might be a little bit of cynicism sneaking through from me.

Just have to look at the Lord of the Rings Stores Online to know how bad and invasive it can get; having a little bit of cynicism is justified.
    Edited by Synfaer on August 24, 2016 2:06AM
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They shouldn't be adding lockboxes at all.
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stovahkiin wrote: »

The promise of no lockboxes was the entire thing that actually got me to come back when they announced Tamriel Unlimited. I mean, that specific assurance. Not, "oh, hey, don't need a sub." Not, "oh, hey we cleaned up the goldsellers" (which they did, but didn't say), no, no lockboxes was the dealmaker... and now, it's the dealbreaker. Funny how that works out.
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The promise of no lockboxes was the entire thing that actually got me to come back when they announced Tamriel Unlimited. I mean, that specific assurance. Not, "oh, hey, don't need a sub." Not, "oh, hey we cleaned up the goldsellers" (which they did, but didn't say), no, no lockboxes was the dealmaker... and now, it's the dealbreaker. Funny how that works out.

Yep, and yet some people still get upset when we point out that Zeni is just cash grabbing now.
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep, and yet some people still get upset when we point out that Zeni is just cash grabbing now.

A couple weeks ago I was in a thread, someone datamined up the old skill maxer, and was waving it around screaming, "hey, Pay to Win is coming, PAY TO WIN IS COMING!!! IT'S THE END OF ALL THINGS!!! BWAAAAHHHHLLLLLLL! heh heheh."

Though... not exactly in those words.

People were freaking out. Because, "hey, look, here's a CR180 item designed to max out all your skill lines."

I actually kinda regret putting that fire out now, and pointing out that it was an item from the test server they used to use for making template characters, and not something that was ever available on live.

I used to go to bat for these guys.

Now? Not so much, and the reason is two words, "*** lockboxes."
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would sure hope loyalty rewards are never in it. then I would have a problem. it would be a slap in the face to the people who have stuck around through it all. it would likely be the end for me. I would no longer be able to justify contributing to a company that does that to their loyal members.

am I missing something with these boxes. it is just cosmetic stuff, mounts etc. Basically what is already in the store right? just random.

so long as they stick to crap like that I could care less. none of it helps in combat. I won't buy it. go ahead if you want to I suppose, but I'm not wasting money on it.

the second they start dropping gear, skill line upgrades, gold, weapons etc is when they have crossed the line. that is when the game goes pay to win. currently it is still but to play with a shop to make you look better.
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope to not see the Beta Monkey or the Striped Senche. I AM hoping to see a privy and an assistant for cleanup.
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't see why not.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A couple weeks ago I was in a thread, someone datamined up the old skill maxer, and was waving it around screaming, "hey, Pay to Win is coming, PAY TO WIN IS COMING!!! IT'S THE END OF ALL THINGS!!! BWAAAAHHHHLLLLLLL! heh heheh."

Though... not exactly in those words.

People were freaking out. Because, "hey, look, here's a CR180 item designed to max out all your skill lines."

I actually kinda regret putting that fire out now, and pointing out that it was an item from the test server they used to use for making template characters, and not something that was ever available on live.

I used to go to bat for these guys.

Now? Not so much, and the reason is two words, "*** lockboxes."

@starkerealm Kinda made me giggle. I remember (quite awhile ago now) how they had datamined the werewolf and vamp skill lines. I was like "No way guys. They won't sell a whole skill line. Those are on the PTS so it's easy to test with!"

For the OP. A member of the community asked what kind of stuff would be included and generally it was said it wouldn't include the sub loyalty rewards or things from the Imperial Edition. I'm going to bat for Zeni here and say that obviously the beta monkey won't be in it either.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Arundo
    Arundo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe it will not include those and I hope they never will. Otherwise the whole idea of having something special for subbing and being in the beta is gone.
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

And yet, here you are!
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    bowmanz607 wrote: »
    I would sure hope loyalty rewards are never in it. then I would have a problem. it would be a slap in the face to the people who have stuck around through it all. it would likely be the end for me. I would no longer be able to justify contributing to a company that does that to their loyal members.

am I missing something with these boxes. it is just cosmetic stuff, mounts etc. Basically what is already in the store right? just random.

so long as they stick to crap like that I could care less. none of it helps in combat. I won't buy it. go ahead if you want to I suppose, but I'm not wasting money on it.

the second they start dropping gear, skill line upgrades, gold, weapons etc is when they have crossed the line. that is when the game goes pay to win. currently it is still but to play with a shop to make you look better.

Not exactly. While it will still supposedly be cosmetic only, there will be special exclusive mounts you can only get from the boxes. Apparently a very slight chance of getting an old limited time mount that *used* to be in the store.
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Woeler wrote: »

And yet, here you are!

I think they have posted several times that they really enjoy the game and hope they make different decision in the future. So he still comes to the forums hoping to see a change. But right now he is no longer playing or paying.
    Edited by vyndral13preub18_ESO on August 24, 2016 12:03PM
  • drakhan2002_ESO
    drakhan2002_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sure hope they don't provide people with the old Loyalty rewards (beta monkey and other non-combat pets for the first year)...that totally defeats the purpose of having those items.
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well they do need to return the sub loyalty rewards program and make it a thing for those subbing. They do need to add the black white monkey as a pet. I can see the beta with the curious george look offlimits but the other monkey type should be available to everyone.
    Also they should add more costumes for getting champ points, and even special pets for doing so. I would like to see this.
    Those that get up to 531 champ points gets the emperor robes, ones looking like the ones in oblivion. Maybe a Molag Bal armor set/cosmetic which gives you the armor of Molag Bal himself. Many things they can do here. Maybe they could even add a Molag Bal Modif.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on August 24, 2016 12:37PM
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Being a player who's been her since the beginning, I can really not see the problem about loyalty rewards being put in the boxes.. Are you guys so afraid not to be the most special.? Why not let other people enjoy the cool things that the game can offer..
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Being a player who's been her since the beginning, I can really not see the problem about loyalty rewards being put in the boxes.. Are you guys so afraid not to be the most special.? Why not let other people enjoy the cool things that the game can offer..

yes I do like having something that many other people do not have. I like not having the same thing that everyone with some money can get. something that requires time to get and not straight up money. I also like having something to show off how long I have been around and to establish all the crap I have been through. most importantly, it establishes my loyalty to the game and the last remaining thing that reminds me that despite the cash shop and other negative things zos has done they have at least kept their word on something. Putting these in a cash shop come tell underminds the whole thing and is a slap in the face to the players.
  • drakhan2002_ESO
    drakhan2002_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess you don't get what means to work for something...or to be loyal to something...or to be at the right place at the right time. Anyway, its not about being the most special...it's about me sticking through the game...through thick and thin...and having the foresight to buy something when it was made available.
    Edited by drakhan2002_ESO on August 24, 2016 1:45PM
  • Skcarkden
    Skcarkden
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kinda defeats the purpose of subbing then ? I hope not, that's the whole point in being a loyal subscriber, to get limited rewards for supporting the game

Agreed, although they should bring those items back for subbing. Seemed odd to even remove them from future subscribers when they decided to scrap any incentive to get subs and instead make it "sub just because, oh and 10% xp"
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, Crown Crates will not include the old loyalty rewards.

Thanks for the answer!
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I guess you don't get what means to work for something...or to be loyal to something...or to be at the right place at the right time. Anyway, its not about being the most special...it's about me sticking through the game...through thick and thin...and having the foresight to buy something when it was made available.

I know just fine.. And please don't call it work :wink: it's still just a game.. But I don't have a problem with sharing either.. If putting a tiger in a box could get us more players, start putting tigers in boxes..
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will then be tradeable for in-game cash (whistles)?
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    bowmanz607 wrote: »

yes I do like having something that many other people do not have. I like not having the same thing that everyone with some money can get. something that requires time to get and not straight up money. I also like having something to show off how long I have been around and to establish all the crap I have been through. most importantly, it establishes my loyalty to the game and the last remaining thing that reminds me that despite the cash shop and other negative things zos has done they have at least kept their word on something. Putting these in a cash shop come tell underminds the whole thing and is a slap in the face to the players.

I would like to adress some points here :) first of all, belive me I know how you feel about owning an item that no many other people have..

BUT, I think it's a mistake to say that it should not be something that "anyone with money can get" when honestly, money is all it took to get it in the first place.. time/effort was not in any way needed to get it.. you could pay for your year, and done..

Your loyalty to the game.. Ok one year of loyalty.. Other people have subbed for a year, don't they deserve something then.? And don't say the crown store as that's for everyone :)
  • snakester320
    snakester320
    ✭✭✭✭

I know just fine.. And please don't call it work :wink: it's still just a game.. But I don't have a problem with sharing either.. If putting a tiger in a box could get us more players, start putting tigers in boxes..
    theres a whole list of things that should be sorted first that could bring players back... before putting a tiger in a stupid box that will have a RNG of prob 500 to 1 tiger... cant help but wonder with the limited amount of content from shadows of hist dlc ZOS is screaming for subs and cash ( why else bring out a LOCKBOX with im guessing RNG) to produce solid dlc after the massive list of game issues prior to this new dlc LESSON LEARN ZOS??
  • dimensional
    dimensional
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone disappointed in these boxes and/or calling it a "cash grab" is displaying their ignorance on business, in general. Literally nothing about the inclusion of these reward crates will negatively impact the game, and to simply click your tongues and fold your arms in disappointment at the idea of ZOS trying to make money off of their product is just juvenile and petty.
  • Mx13
    Mx13
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone disappointed in these boxes and/or calling it a "cash grab" is displaying their ignorance on business, in general. Literally nothing about the inclusion of these reward crates will negatively impact the game, and to simply click your tongues and fold your arms in disappointment at the idea of ZOS trying to make money off of their product is just juvenile and petty.

Whoa whoa..check your privilege bro, you aren't thinking about the children bro. /s