The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Campaign Performance

• Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been in Trueflame, EU this afternoon with my magica sorc. Lag status is terrible, unfortunately. Whenever heavy damage comes in (.i.e. more than 5 players attacking me at once) the whole screen slows down to 3-5 fps, skills are totally blocked, then slows down even more to 0 fps for 1-2 seconds.Normally when gaming data start flowing again, I'm dead, but sometimes I even survive the havoc. My combat log clearly shows that nothing happend from my side during the "black-out" even when hitting keys like mad.

This is NOT happening with my stam NB, but I have friends playing magica templars who suffer exactly the same.

Why?
    It's very common in ESO that you are unable to get a single skill off while your opponent(s) seem to have no trouble.
  • Skorol007
    Skorol007
    ✭✭✭
    Just spent 5 mins in TF EU, pîng got to 600 and abilities would take 1 to 2 sec to actually work.
    Sooooo back to pve....
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ManDraKE wrote: »

Dynamic population limits are needed. We also need to do something with IC, there is too many instances of it and too little people playing it, is dead for most part of the day. Also new things to the Telvar vendors is needed on every major patch, to keep alive the need of going there.

This... it's past the point of silly now, 600+ ping on TF EU tonight, basically pointless playing.
  • zerosingularity
    zerosingularity
    ✭✭✭✭
    Trueflame for me has not dropped below 170+ ping, usually it is 300+, virtually unplayable. Improvements may have been made, but there is still more work to be done.
    NA-PC

Kaineth - Stamina Nightblade (Weakest Player Ever!)
    Elena Stormwood - Magicka Sorcerer (vMA no Death 12/21/15 Score 401148)
    Sheila Feyrondas - Magicka Dragonknight Tank (Frost staves are gonna be fun!)

*Disclaimer* I fail at emotional communication, so assume what I say is NOT meant to be offensive.
  • blindy107
    blindy107
    ✭✭
    Have you thought of adding additional incentive to play in the Non-CP campaign @ZOS_BrianWheeler ? It seems to be dead on Xbox NA aside from a small gaggle of reds. I feel the only reason some folks play CP campaign is due to the low pop in Non. I could just being speaking for myself though.

Thanks for the updates as well. I appreciate any communication.
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    600 + ping tonight on TF EU PC.
    Old news I know but I have just reached a point where I'm asking myself why I'm paying for this.
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Great performances tonight on TF NA. I run a PvP event with my guild weekly on wednesdays only and this was by far the best time we had in a very long time. cheers

EDIT : I got 10-12 long / infinite loading screens. It looks like when you start getting them, it never stop until you crash your client / relog. This is pretty much the only game breaking factor left on the table for me.
    Edited by frozywozy on August 11, 2016 6:32AM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • KhemSihr
    KhemSihr
    ✭✭✭
    12AM - 10AM [2||(Lock)<Two Bar (Lock)] FOR AM HOURS

There needs to be a 10hr timer on the NA and EU PvP Servers.. Say at 12am the Bars get locked at only 2|| instead of 4|||(Lock) only till 10am. I know that there is only 3||| bars, but it locks once it goes over 3||| to 4|||(Lock). If there was a limiter on the NA & EU PvP Servers for those AM hours.. "It would make it harder for all those opposing forces to just night cap everything at 1-3am to 10am".

(So for those who exploit the timezone difference in the Campaigns.)

Would this be possible?
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    12AM - 10AM [2||(Lock)<Two Bar (Lock)] FOR AM HOURS

There needs to be a 10hr timer on the NA and EU PvP Servers.. Say at 12am the Bars get locked at only 2|| instead of 4|||(Lock) only till 10am. I know that there is only 3||| bars, but it locks once it goes over 3||| to 4|||(Lock). If there was a limiter on the NA & EU PvP Servers for those AM hours.. "It would make it harder for all those opposing forces to just night cap everything at 1-3am to 10am".

(So for those who exploit the timezone difference in the Campaigns.)

Would this be possible?

Probably not as players from other countries do play during those times.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    @zerosingularity At 170 ping, were you able to hit abilities and they fired when you pressed the correlating keyboard/controller button or was there a delay (if so what was it)? Running at 160-170 ping we've been in Cyrodiil (in Trueflame) and the combat responsiveness has still been spot on. Did you have delayed ability response or were abilities being queue'd up and then firing at once all together?
    Wheeler
    ESO PVP Lead & Combat Lead
    Staff Post
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @zerosingularity At 170 ping, were you able to hit abilities and they fired when you pressed the correlating keyboard/controller button or was there a delay (if so what was it)? Running at 160-170 ping we've been in Cyrodiil (in Trueflame) and the combat responsiveness has still been spot on. Did you have delayed ability response or were abilities being queue'd up and then firing at once all together?

I experienced the latter yesterday(PC/EU/TF). Fossilize enemy, start spamming flame whips, nothing happens for a second, then two flame whips fire virtually at once. Ping indicator was white.
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Horrific lags on PS4 EU Thornblade all day long, zero responsiveness, you actually don't see what you are doing for 1-2 seconds after pressing skill
  • SorataArisugawa
    SorataArisugawa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    600 + ping tonight on TF EU PC.
    Old news I know but I have just reached a point where I'm asking myself why I'm paying for this.

Since the last DLC I get quite good experiences here. Even very large battles are really enjoyable. The ping is about 140 for me. I am very surprised how smooth the fights become. Go for it @ZOS_BrianWheeler. You are on the right track. Thanks for all your work!

Never the less, I am also supporting dynamic limits for the campains or special blocked campains for several hours. Nighcapping kills all the fun to win campains for me.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • zerosingularity
    zerosingularity
    ✭✭✭✭

I would have to say I get abilities that are delayed, ESPECIALLY gap closers. Sometimes abilities fail to go off at all. It says 170+ Ping, but it feels more like 600+ at times. There is also the common character teleporting that happens in high lag situations, but that is much less common now.

I should mention that this awful latency seems to happen more for me when there is a large group of 30+ all spamming AoE zones AND when there is a massive amount of siege in a small-ish area. When I see a 30 man zerg in Imperial City, I do not get lag. Though that is a whole other can of worms.

I feel that so much siege (over 20 in a small area) affects latency in a very bad way, more than player skills, at least at this point. I wonder if anyone else has noticed this or if I am just flying off in left field. (I don't DK leap, so flying is VERY bad for my character.)

Still better than the constant 900+ Ping I used to get when there were only 12v12 fights to be found, so there is obviously improvement.
    NA-PC

Kaineth - Stamina Nightblade (Weakest Player Ever!)
    Elena Stormwood - Magicka Sorcerer (vMA no Death 12/21/15 Score 401148)
    Sheila Feyrondas - Magicka Dragonknight Tank (Frost staves are gonna be fun!)

*Disclaimer* I fail at emotional communication, so assume what I say is NOT meant to be offensive.
  • KhemSihr
    KhemSihr
    ✭✭✭
    Probably not as players from other countries do play during those times.

(So for those who "exploit" the "timezone difference" in the Campaigns.)

Obviously..

• Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would have to say I get abilities that are delayed, ESPECIALLY gap closers. Sometimes abilities fail to go off at all. It says 170+ Ping, but it feels more like 600+ at times. There is also the common character teleporting that happens in high lag situations, but that is much less common now.

This is also my experience sometimes on PC/EU/Trueflame. Still need to button mash the same key repeatedly like a madman to make it go off at times and in and around heavy keep fights, everything 'feels' slow. Ping indicator regularly goes in the red on TF. Been running a smokeping in parallell to make sure it's not the internet connection at fault, but the connection from my home to the server seems quite steady:

O0WcUAm.png
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

just logged off playing for the first time in a couple of weeks and the performance in EU Truelame is as bad as ever, 2-3 second delays on abilities firing, abilities queuing up and going off all at once, npcs bouncing around all over the place, players disappearing and reappearing, tried playing but gave up after less than a hour :( time and again you claim performance improvements that just aren't noticeable :(
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zaldan wrote: »

just logged off playing for the first time in a couple of weeks and the performance in EU Truelame is as bad as ever, 2-3 second delays on abilities firing, abilities queuing up and going off all at once, npcs bouncing around all over the place, players disappearing and reappearing, tried playing but gave up after less than a hour :( time and again you claim performance improvements that just aren't noticeable :(

This. I have screen shots from right now of the ping at the home base at 600+. Not the only one with it like that either.
    Was playing and talking with a friend on Discord and we both said the same thing, we either play on Azura where we get farmed by the comical Pact population balance because ZOS don't seem able to deal with population balances or on TF where we actually get a fun battle BUT is impossible to play when your ping is at 350.

Forgive me if that sounds snippy but seriously, if this was ANY other product in the world performing this badly from a tin opener to a car I wouldn't touch it again.
    Edited by CapuchinSeven on August 21, 2016 11:35AM
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    Further back-end updates went in today's patch. Please post any experiences with server performance, both good or bad as well as your FPS/Latency read out when you were having issues.
    Edited by ZOS_BrianWheeler on August 23, 2016 1:19AM
    Wheeler
    Staff Post
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Further back end updates went in today's patch. Please post any experiences with server performance, both good or bad as well as your FPS/Latency read out when you were having issues.

Always good to know!
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Further back end updates went in today's patch. Please post any experiences with server performance, both good or bad as well as your FPS/Latency read out when you were having issues.

Strangely enough my FPS/latency have been pretty normal in Cyrodiil most of the time, with spikes here and there for short periods but not necessarily associated with anything going on around me. Could be alone, in the middle of nowhere. Cyrodiil performance is by far the best it's been in a long, long time.

This is not true of the rest of Tamriel. I've been in a zone like The Rift or Bal Foyen (pretty much empty as a DC player) and had vicious spikes of poor performance which sometimes, but not always, are reflected in the in-game FPS/latency meter.
  • SleepyTroll
    SleepyTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Further back-end updates went in today's patch. Please post any experiences with server performance, both good or bad as well as your FPS/Latency read out when you were having issues.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler 2 questions.

1. Do you guys know how much addons such as ftc and the like effect our personal cyrodiil performance or is that not something you guys test in house? For example I know that having master merchant on even not in cyrodiil can cause some wacky performances issues sporadically. Obviously I'm only talking pc here.

2. Your post was on the dev. tracker earlyer today and as of me posting this it's not there anymore, is there a reason for that? I ask because usually when ever I fist get on the forums I check the tracker to see if any relevant news has came from the devs, but I never seem to see your posts.

Thank you.
    Edited by SleepyTroll on August 23, 2016 2:05AM
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    @SleepyTroll We don't test individual mods for performance, and remember that all mods are unsupported and use at your own risk. However, you touch on a very important note about personal performance vs. server performance/traffic.

If your FPS is low and your latency is low, you can either turn off mods or adjust your graphics settings to get better FPS. In this case, your connection to the server is solid with low latency, but your client may be getting too much to swallow with the graphics cranked up and mods running heavy UI/memory needs.

If your FPS is high, and your latency is also high, that's more of an indicator that communication between your client and the server may be hitting higher traffic vs. your client processing too much information with graphics and mods.
    Wheeler
    Staff Post
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @SleepyTroll We don't test individual mods for performance, and remember that all mods are unsupported and use at your own risk. However, you touch on a very important note about personal performance vs. server performance/traffic.

If your FPS is low and your latency is low, you can either turn off mods or adjust your graphics settings to get better FPS. In this case, your connection to the server is solid with low latency, but your client may be getting too much to swallow with the graphics cranked up and mods running heavy UI/memory needs.

If your FPS is high, and your latency is also high, that's more of an indicator that communication between your client and the server may be hitting higher traffic vs. your client processing too much information with graphics and mods.

You guys should work up a report that shows the top addons in use by players having performance issues and post it publicly every month.
    Edited by timidobserver on August 23, 2016 2:42PM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• sirinsidiator
    sirinsidiator
    ✭✭✭✭

You guys should work up a report that shows the top addons in use by players having performance issues and post it publicly every month.

This would be really helpful. Any information that ZOS could give us about performance problems with addons would be well appreciated by me and I think also by other addon authors.
    https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/ - My Addons - The Vault (Early updates and experimental projects) - My patreon - My blog
  • Taonnor
    Taonnor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@SleepyTroll

In another thread i have written a small "workaround" to fix most performance issues in pvp. In short i reduce PFX maximum via Settings.txt much more as in ingame option is possible. This works great on my machine. Another problem of many addons are memory leaks. The leaks hits sooner or later your play session FPS. The addons that i use in my addon pack are "Ok" with memory.

-> The first post to this issue: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3037754/#Comment_3037754
    -> The second post to this issue: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3040748/#Comment_3040748
    Guild

Gildenleiter von Lux Dei (EU/AD). Offizieller Gildenspotlight für ESOTU!
    Guild leader of Lux Dei (EU/AD). Official Guild Spotlight for ESOTU!

Addons & Guides

ESOUI Author Portal: Taonnor
    Addons: Taos AP Session, Taos Group Tools

Myth AoE Cap: DE Mythos AoE Cap // EN Myth AoE Cap

What should i change in ESO: DE [DGR] Was würde ich an ESO verändern - "Der große Rundumschlag" // EN [TWS] What should i change in ESO – „The sweeping statement“

Charakters

Taonnor Annare, Sorcerer
    Thao Annare, Nightblade
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I know this isn't your department, but with the move to 64-bit, why wasn't the LUA limit raised? A lot of people seem to run into issues with in-game memory due to add-ons and I think increasing the memory available to add-ons could help with some of the issues (I know it has for some of the people I run with). If add-ons have memory leaks or aren't efficient this seems to contribute a bit to some FPS issues people have had (I know, not server related...).
    Edited by Preyfar on August 23, 2016 6:11PM
  • GorraShatan
    GorraShatan
    ✭✭✭✭

This is a fair point, but I think it's worth pointing out that mods are used to fill gaps in the base UI. If we could get more functionality out of the base game (ie tracking DPS and buffs better, and the features of killcounter and CyrHud) we wouldn't be using as many mods in the first place.

Do folks at ZOS try mods when they play the game, or is it strickly vanilla?
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler atm 22:19 CET on TrueFlame EU.. ping shows anywhere from 100-400 but it feels very very unresponsive at times (latency meter is mostly below 300 though). Getting decent FPS and my actual ping towards the server is perfect (same as the graph I posted earlier).
    Skills just feel super unresponsive near big fights..
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And again TF EU PC unplayable skill delays and key presses that don't register. /sad face