The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Patch notes are up. How long before we are playing the game

• AyeshaBelladonna
    AyeshaBelladonna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "NA server is back up, thank you for your patience" -ZOS version of RickRolling
    NA EP CP1200+
    Original: Mag/Templar Erestem Nightblossom (Tank/Healer Hybrid, Alchemist, general nuisance)
    Alt's? at this point...so many to play, so little time!

**RED or DEAD** Long Live EP!

Leather Lace- GM, ESO Grand Designs GM, Ankle Biter for Lone Wolf United, CO-GM of Tower of Wayreth,
    Master Furnisher & Housing fanatic, PvP junkie
    Beta Tester, part of the 2013 Club
  • 85flyingbrick_ESO
    85flyingbrick_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    beattle wrote: »
    Hey all, apologies for the delay in updating. We're currently having QA test the NA server to make sure we're solid, and are planning to open around 5pm EDT (less than an hour from now).

From 1pm EDT, to 4pm EDT, to now 5pm EDT.... until the next problem which will make it 8pm EDT.

I'm sorry, but you all are a joke. People thanking you for your vague responses are also a joke. No way should any of you be thanked for such a poorly run system. The whole purpose of your existence is to run this game for those who have paid for it. Every week it is one thing or another for the longer and longer down times. At this rate, you will not have many players left to continue your existence on the internet.

You weren't around when EverQuest 1 had their legendary downtimes, were you? Their downtime made the game unplayable for 24-48 hours. And yet, here the game is... 17 years later, going strong.

Try again, though.

I never played that game, nor would I if the game was unplayable 24-48 hours at a time. I'm sure it would be going stronger if they didn't have such high unplayable times. Losing one paying customer due to long down times from a business sense is one too many. This is one reason why I will never be a stock holder in the gaming industry, as I would be demanding answers to such downtimes and possible loss of revenue.

Entitled much?

exactly.
    PC/NA

• ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Sorry folks, our testing is complete and I thought they'd opened the server - I jumped the gun. My apologies. They're nearing maintenance completion.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When this kind of thing happen, I wish my riding skill got leveled up automatically every 20h as long as I have the 250g on my inventory ~.~
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Khaos_Bane
    Khaos_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, apologies for the delay in updating. We're currently having QA test the NA server to make sure we're solid, and are planning to open around 5pm EDT (less than an hour from now).

From 1pm EDT, to 4pm EDT, to now 5pm EDT.... until the next problem which will make it 8pm EDT.

I'm sorry, but you all are a joke. People thanking you for your vague responses are also a joke. No way should any of you be thanked for such a poorly run system. The whole purpose of your existence is to run this game for those who have paid for it. Every week it is one thing or another for the longer and longer down times. At this rate, you will not have many players left to continue your existence on the internet.

You weren't around when EverQuest 1 had their legendary downtimes, were you? Their downtime made the game unplayable for 24-48 hours. And yet, here the game is... 17 years later, going strong.

Try again, though.

I never played that game, nor would I if the game was unplayable 24-48 hours at a time. I'm sure it would be going stronger if they didn't have such high unplayable times. Losing one paying customer due to long down times from a business sense is one too many. This is one reason why I will never be a stock holder in the gaming industry, as I would be demanding answers to such downtimes and possible loss of revenue.

Everquest was an amazing game it's time, well worth the maintenance time...oh the memories.
  • Lady_Ems
    Lady_Ems
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry folks, our testing is complete and I thought they'd opened the server - I jumped the gun. My apologies. They're nearing maintenance completion.

AGGGGGG we gonna have to feed you to a wild Orc lol
  • BriteLeaf
    BriteLeaf
    Down 12 hours and counting =(

This REALLY screws up my day off you know? :-P

FINALLY an ETA update! Thank you!
  • akredon_ESO
    akredon_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom There is no need to apologize that was amazing and made the whole thing worth seeing made my day.
  • gard
    gard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    congrats to @ZOS_JessicaFolsom best internet trolling ever done :smiley:

I bet she's mean to puppies. And kittens.
    My wife complains that I never listen to her. (Or something like that.)
    -- I'm a one man smurf zerg!

My ESO addons:
    Midnight - Find out when midnight is so that you can check for ww/vamp spawn.
    Goto - Adds a tab to the map pane allowing you to teleport to a friend, guildmate, or groupmate for free.
  • Nefas
    Nefas
    Class Representative
    gard wrote: »
    They said 4PM EDT. They didn't say 4PM EDT today.

xDvovTs.gif
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jao0199 wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno how about the FPS/LAG issues at cyrodill ? it'll be fixed soon too ? please say yes, please say yes..

We've been making many small improvements over the past few months, and have found that performance has actually improved quite a bit. You can see specific comments from our Lead PvP Designer in a few threads such as this or this.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Not trying to be a pain but, did you guys not consider the "better performance in pvp" was due to the massive number of players going to play the updated PVE content effectively taking a huge amount of people out of Cyrodiil for a temporary time period?
    As soon as everyone finishes obtaining their gear, people will be back in Cyrodiil & the lag will return too.
    Edited by kaithuzar on August 22, 2016 8:34PM
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭

200.gif
  • labtecw
    labtecw

thanks for the appologie but how about some free crowns for all the wait time and hassle we have to endure
  • DarknessShallFall
    DarknessShallFall
    ✭✭✭
    -sits here playing Skyrim while waiting-
    I have been a member of ESO since April 4th 2014 but didn't get a code until recently when I asked.
    My @ name on ESO is the same as on here.

• Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

https://youtu.be/oHg5SJYRHA0
  • Faunter
    Faunter
    ✭✭✭✭✭

200.gif

giphy.gif
  • archangel_7
    archangel_7
    Soul Shriven
    The Struggle is Real when I use my second precious post to comment on the Downtime. Also usually my client would usually download client patch well before the server came up. I think maybe they need to issue client updates before they announce the server is back up. Patches seem to work better when they are applied to both server and client. Unless that was a for real Troll-Post. If it was. Im Impressed.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JessicaFolsom.gif
  • Laggus
    Laggus
    ✭✭✭✭
    European hamster flying in.
  • Khaos_Bane
    Khaos_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Try again, though.

What? EQ legendary downtimes? EQ2 and WoW had crazy downtimes I played EQ since beta and after a DLC they would have a 20hour downtime, maintenance would be Wednesday at 1am PST. Are you being sarcastic about 17 years later going strong thing because do people still play?

The game still has a strong player base. Considering the game is still up after 17 years, I'd say it's still going strong. Hell, on my server there, there's tons of people to group with (ya know, instead of being anti-social and complaining that there's no groups around).

Can you imagine the ESO community playing EQ ? The corpse runs were LEGENDARY !

• Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Well, it's official. zos doesn't love us cuz they said "Sorry".

Love-means-never-having-to-say-you-re-sorry-love-story-the-movie-26452761-500-230.gif
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    -sits here playing Skyrim while waiting-

oh. I got drunk. Whoops.
  • Folkbandit
    Folkbandit
    ✭✭
    labtecw wrote:
    thanks for the appologie but how about some free crowns for all the wait time and hassle we have to endure

iphy.gif
    Edited by Folkbandit on August 22, 2016 8:38PM
  • AyeshaBelladonna
    AyeshaBelladonna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »

https://youtu.be/oHg5SJYRHA0

See? im not the only one who thought it..... XD
    NA EP CP1200+
    Original: Mag/Templar Erestem Nightblossom (Tank/Healer Hybrid, Alchemist, general nuisance)
    Alt's? at this point...so many to play, so little time!

**RED or DEAD** Long Live EP!

Leather Lace- GM, ESO Grand Designs GM, Ankle Biter for Lone Wolf United, CO-GM of Tower of Wayreth,
    Master Furnisher & Housing fanatic, PvP junkie
    Beta Tester, part of the 2013 Club
  • voreo
    voreo
    ✭✭✭

Still 10/10 Troll there ;D
    Argonian Dragonknight

~Rawr
  • akredon_ESO
    akredon_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    labtecw wrote: »

No crowns for you !.... Next

• lolmer
    lolmer
    ✭✭
    Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for your patience during today's extended maintenance, and we do apologize for the frustration it's caused. The North American PC/Mac megaserver is now back online and open.

Still shows Realm Status as Offline for me when I load my launcher (didn't have it running during downtime) and no "Update" listed, only "Play".

EDIT: Sorry, didn't see there was a reply later on, I thought I was at the end of the thread already when I replied. :)
    Edited by lolmer on August 22, 2016 8:49PM
  • Unlikely_Ghostbuster
    Unlikely_Ghostbuster
    ✭✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »
    When this kind of thing happen, I wish my riding skill got leveled up automatically every 20h as long as I have the 250g on my inventory ~.~

I also wish my hireling emails would stack.

It's a pain to log in twice a day, exactly 12 hours apart (especially on workdays) just to get my hireling emails consistently. Frankly, it would be helpful if it were every 11 hours, not 12, just so that I don't constantly lose a few minutes each day, throwing off my morning schedule. I skip one cycle on the weekends just to normalize Monday mornings. And this current maintenance just further knocks the cycle out of whack.
  • Elmour0Fudd
    Elmour0Fudd
    ✭✭

so "possible ,maybe,with no further cascades, power-cuts or act's of the god's we might see live US server by 01:35 AM 8/23/2016 BST.

oh joyous moment ...... so 9 AM 8/22/2016 to randome guess so 12 hour's and 39 and counting for "93 Mb or MB not sure

Try Cat herding it's fun thay said you'll love it it's a good honest job........ bollock's you need Silverweave body armour to stop em fighting, but a stuffed mouse on a string can help!

• Snarrffffff

[/PC NA mainly dead Breton magic sorcerer b]

https://1drv.ms/i/s!Alg5EQDPhr8CemxApWeDYYkydrc

oh what fun
  • Vitaely
    Vitaely
    ✭✭✭

19c3rf.jpg
    Factotum | PC NA
    AD E'lurin sNB | Curufinwë Fëanor mDK | Anaïs Le Fey mSC | Fréyja mT | Nïenna mW
    EP E'lured sNB | Vanÿa sT | Caïssä mDK
    DC E'lwing mNB
    PVE Brýnhildur mDK | E'lectra sSC | Antígone sDK | Valkýrja mNB | Yølanda sW
This discussion has been closed.