The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Patch notes are up. How long before we are playing the game

• babedenny
    babedenny
    ✭✭✭✭
    Every time this happens, I download other MMO's just to try out. Every time I end up realizing there is no other game for me. And so, I wait...
  • Amsel_McKay
    Amsel_McKay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    beattle wrote: »
    Hey all, apologies for the delay in updating. We're currently having QA test the NA server to make sure we're solid, and are planning to open around 5pm EDT (less than an hour from now).

From 1pm EDT, to 4pm EDT, to now 5pm EDT.... until the next problem which will make it 8pm EDT.

I'm sorry, but you all are a joke. People thanking you for your vague responses are also a joke. No way should any of you be thanked for such a poorly run system. The whole purpose of your existence is to run this game for those who have paid for it. Every week it is one thing or another for the longer and longer down times. At this rate, you will not have many players left to continue your existence on the internet.

You weren't around when EverQuest 1 had their legendary downtimes, were you? Their downtime made the game unplayable for 24-48 hours. And yet, here the game is... 17 years later, going strong.

Try again, though.

What? EQ legendary downtimes? EQ2 and WoW had crazy downtimes I played EQ since beta and after a DLC they would have a 20hour downtime, maintenance would be Wednesday at 1am PST. Are you being sarcastic about 17 years later going strong thing because do people still play?
  • Heruthema
    Heruthema
    ✭✭✭✭
    Realm Status still OFFLINE
  • Dedricus
    Dedricus
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for your patience during today's extended maintenance, and we do apologize for the frustration it's caused. The North American PC/Mac megaserver is now back online and open.

Definitely still offline.
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kaithuzar wrote: »
    Still showing offline for me. =(
    Same here. :/
  • Lady_Ems
    Lady_Ems
    ✭✭✭
    Heruthema wrote: »

And still no patch to update and download
  • Annalyse
    Annalyse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still offline for me as well
  • The_Undefined
    The_Undefined
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is there still no estimated time when servers will be back up?
  • Folkbandit
    Folkbandit
    ✭✭
    Heruthema wrote: »

You've waited much longer, I'm sure a few more minutes won't hurt. :P
  • jao0199
    jao0199
    ✭✭✭
    kaithuzar wrote: »
    Still showing offline for me. =(
    Same here. :/

same here..
  • Ahk1lleez
    Ahk1lleez
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for your patience during today's extended maintenance, and we do apologize for the frustration it's caused. The North American PC/Mac megaserver is now back online and open.

Did we just get trolled?
  • voreo
    voreo
    ✭✭✭
    I got used to these maintenence windows playing wow before they changed their aged file format they used to something new which allowed them to easily do smaller windows

Just gives time to get things done around the house, or nap :)
    Argonian Dragonknight

~Rawr
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khaos_Bane wrote: »
    For those getting snarky with Gina, you know she has no control over the maintenance right?

Yeah but.. with your average person, we tend to crap on community managers the most for some reason.

I'll tell you why. Because unlike, say for example, SWG, the devs aren't actually active participants in these forum. Sure, they pop on from time to time, but back in the good old days, the SOE guys were all on the forums regularly. They interacted. They joked around. They put personalities to the names. It's a lot easier to get mad a a faceless entity like ZOS and call it incompetent or say it doesn't care than it is to say the same things about Fred, the guy who laughed at your joke that one time.

Gina and Jessica bear the brunt because they are, on most days, the entirety of the team we see. And they're playing a game of telephone between the people who need the answers and the people who have the answers.

This is a choice. Someone decided to make it this way. It was a poor choice. I feel bad for them, because it sucks for them when the player base is overreacting, and it sucks just as bad for them when the player base is perfectly justified in a strong reaction, but those who should be answering for it use Gina and Jessica as human freakin' shields.

I can't believe that I'm holding up SOE as a paradigm of good behavior and an example of how to run a game and community. At the time, they often seemed pretty bad at it. Shame that, since SWG folded, everyone else seems to be far worse.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :trollface: ed ! :rage:
  • beattle
    beattle
    ✭✭
    Hey all, apologies for the delay in updating. We're currently having QA test the NA server to make sure we're solid, and are planning to open around 5pm EDT (less than an hour from now).

From 1pm EDT, to 4pm EDT, to now 5pm EDT.... until the next problem which will make it 8pm EDT.

I'm sorry, but you all are a joke. People thanking you for your vague responses are also a joke. No way should any of you be thanked for such a poorly run system. The whole purpose of your existence is to run this game for those who have paid for it. Every week it is one thing or another for the longer and longer down times. At this rate, you will not have many players left to continue your existence on the internet.

You weren't around when EverQuest 1 had their legendary downtimes, were you? Their downtime made the game unplayable for 24-48 hours. And yet, here the game is... 17 years later, going strong.

Try again, though.

I never played that game, nor would I if the game was unplayable 24-48 hours at a time. I'm sure it would be going stronger if they didn't have such high unplayable times. Losing one paying customer due to long down times from a business sense is one too many. This is one reason why I will never be a stock holder in the gaming industry, as I would be demanding answers to such downtimes and possible loss of revenue.
  • KenCleanAirSystem
    KenCleanAirSystem
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

Not online, and no patch has downloaded.
  • akredon_ESO
    akredon_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    congrats to @ZOS_JessicaFolsom best internet trolling ever done :smiley:
  • themotherconfessor25
    I just want to get on and enjoy this game! I'm very excited to get on and do all of my dailies and crafting!!!
    IGN: GlitterGirl25
    Twitter

• Folkbandit
    Folkbandit
    ✭✭
    Khaos_Bane wrote: »
    For those getting snarky with Gina, you know she has no control over the maintenance right?

Yeah but.. with your average person, we tend to crap on community managers the most for some reason.

I'll tell you why. Because unlike, say for example, SWG, the devs aren't actually active participants in these forum. Sure, they pop on from time to time, but back in the good old days, the SOE guys were all on the forums regularly. They interacted. They joked around. They put personalities to the names. It's a lot easier to get mad a a faceless entity like ZOS and call it incompetent or say it doesn't care than it is to say the same things about Fred, the guy who laughed at your joke that one time.

Gina and Jessica bear the brunt because they are, on most days, the entirety of the team we see. And they're playing a game of telephone between the people who need the answers and the people who have the answers.

This is a choice. Someone decided to make it this way. It was a poor choice. I feel bad for them, because it sucks for them when the player base is overreacting, and it sucks just as bad for them when the player base is perfectly justified in a strong reaction, but those who should be answering for it use Gina and Jessica as human freakin' shields.

I can't believe that I'm holding up SOE as a paradigm of good behavior and an example of how to run a game and community. At the time, they often seemed pretty bad at it. Shame that, since SWG folded, everyone else seems to be far worse.

They are so chill. I've watched them on the Twitch streams.
  • missjackieb14_ESO
    missjackieb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Try again, though.

What? EQ legendary downtimes? EQ2 and WoW had crazy downtimes I played EQ since beta and after a DLC they would have a 20hour downtime, maintenance would be Wednesday at 1am PST. Are you being sarcastic about 17 years later going strong thing because do people still play?

The game still has a strong player base. Considering the game is still up after 17 years, I'd say it's still going strong. Hell, on my server there, there's tons of people to group with (ya know, instead of being anti-social and complaining that there's no groups around).
  • Tia413
    Tia413
    ✭✭✭✭
    nathan_bri wrote: »
    Tia413 wrote: »
    (2 days each week of almost 12 hours of downtime per day) . (1/2 day x 2 per week= 1 whole day of paying for nothing) (1 day lost each week x 4 weeks in a month = 4 days of paying for nothing) 30 - 4 = 26 days of actual game play I am paying for.
    $14.99 / 30 = 0.4996666666666667 per day x 4= 1.998666666666667 per month I lose with these Extended Downtimes. And if I stayed for a whole year that would be $23.984 of Income that I might as well have just tossed out a window for some one else to enjoy.

This assumes that extended downtimes are a regular occurrence, which they are not.

They have been since I started playing. And that is what I am going on.
    • It's my life. And It's now or never. I ain't gonna live forever. I just want to live while I'm alive. -- Bon Jovi
    • Main Account and also Retired Account
      But still a Proud Member of Midnight Cartel
      Platform: PC/NA
  • gard
    gard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They said 4PM EDT. They didn't say 4PM EDT today.
    My wife complains that I never listen to her. (Or something like that.)
    -- I'm a one man smurf zerg!

My ESO addons:
    Midnight - Find out when midnight is so that you can check for ww/vamp spawn.
    Goto - Adds a tab to the map pane allowing you to teleport to a friend, guildmate, or groupmate for free.
  • Casandra
    Casandra
    ✭✭✭
    We still have to patch.......... hope they didn't break too much ......... you know, in an attempt to fix :)

Deliverance Still Emp titled because ZOS hasn't fixed in 4 years,Stamblade, Grand Overlord
    Crimson Chaos, Sorc Grand Overlord retiring soon
    Casandra V14 NB,
    Daenery Grand Overlord (retired) V14 Sorc,
    Immortali General
    Rivenspire Merchant Guild
    FormerlyHaderus
    GraY Host
    (Proud to be all EP)
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We just got Zenimaxed. ):
  • Unlikely_Ghostbuster
    Unlikely_Ghostbuster
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom Are you certain about that? I keep reloading the client, but there's no patch being downloaded and the realm status is still registering "offline."
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

I keep getting told the server is currently down for maintenance when I start the launcher.
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • heyjrey
    heyjrey
    ✭✭✭
    Ahk1lleez wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Did we just get trolled?

lmao ^ my thoughts exactly
    EP Home Faction CP: 800+
    Vivec/Trueflame/Kaalgrontiid: Home Campaign
    Delia Moreau - Khajiit | Stamblade | PvE
    Sloppy Thirds* - Bosmer | Stamblade | PvP
    Tazia Mouse-Chaser - Khajiit | Stamblade | PvE
    Waterfalls - Altmer | Magsorc | PvP
    Datwun Puffs Tuff - Argonian | Magplar | PvP Healer
    Rotting Thot - Altmer | Magnecro | PvE Healer
    Count ßlockula - Argonian | StamDK | PvE Tank
    Jim Geezus Beam - Argonian | Magplar | PvE Healer

Red Nirn Reserve, Diswun's Wares, Welkynd, SOB (rip)

• missjackieb14_ESO
    missjackieb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Try again, though.

I never played that game, nor would I if the game was unplayable 24-48 hours at a time. I'm sure it would be going stronger if they didn't have such high unplayable times. Losing one paying customer due to long down times from a business sense is one too many. This is one reason why I will never be a stock holder in the gaming industry, as I would be demanding answers to such downtimes and possible loss of revenue.

Entitled much?
  • Folkbandit
    Folkbandit
    ✭✭
    gard wrote: »
    They said 4PM EDT. They didn't say 4PM EDT today.

:D
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    jao0199 wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno how about the FPS/LAG issues at cyrodill ? it'll be fixed soon too ? please say yes, please say yes..

We've been making many small improvements over the past few months, and have found that performance has actually improved quite a bit. You can see specific comments from our Lead PvP Designer in a few threads such as this or this.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.