The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Patch notes are up. How long before we are playing the game

• Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    So why would it take significantly longer to bring up NA than EU servers? Once you have a fix to whatever went wrong with today's patch, you apply it to both, start both, and would expect them to come up about the same time... would you not?
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • Immortal_Dark410
    Immortal_Dark410
    ✭✭✭
    Tevalaur wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    So why would it take significantly longer to bring up NA than EU servers? Once you have a fix to whatever went wrong with today's patch, you apply it to both, start both, and would expect them to come up about the same time... would you not?

You would think that lol, guess NA has bigger issues then EU
    Retired Guild Leader Of AMAZING DEALS OF TAMRIEL
    Retired Guild Leader Of AMAZING DEALS OF NIRN
    (ALL FACTION TRADE GUILDS)

PC NA SERVER
    DC - DARKDROGO | ORC | STAM DK | LVL 50 | CP 1285
    AD - DARK-GEARLT-OF-RIVIA | ALTMER | MAG SORC | LVL 50 | CP 1285
    EP - DARK-ABYSS | DUNMER | MAG TEMP | LVL 50 | CP 1285
    DC - REAPERS-CLOACK-OF-YASSASEEN | BRETON | MAG NB | LVL 50 | CP 1285
    AD - DARK-SLADE-WILSON | KHAJIIT | STAM NB | LVL 50 | CP 585
    AD - THE-LAST-DRUID-OF-PARANOR | ALTMER | MAG DK | LVL 50 | CP 1285
    AD - GALADRIEL-LADY OF LIGHT | IMPERIAL | STAM SORC | LVL 50 | CP 1285

CONSOLE PS5 NA SERVER AS WELL
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just say something more substantial than a default apology, please
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • potirondb16_ESO
    potirondb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

EU is actually at the end of their playtime while N/A major affluence time hasn't started yet ? EU got prioritise ?
  • Garldeen
    Garldeen
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not a developer and have limited knowledge of these things, but wouldn't it make sense to have 2 servers each for both NA & EU to avoid any maintenance downtime whatsoever? For example, EU server A is up while EU server B is under maintenance, then server B goes up while A is under maintenance, and so on... Sort of a leap-frog thing. I'm sure there are reason why this isn't the case, but... thoughts?
    Tia413 wrote: »
    I started playing this game the 1st of August because I was told that its successors were great games.

I subbed shortly after starting because I actually liked the game. Man did I make a mistake.

This game would be great if another company with a better track record took it over.

I have never experienced such incompetence from a game crew to this magnitude.

I left SWTOR because of the direction it has taken of lately, but man You people make EAWare look good.
    At least they don't have the down times like this game has. And they compensate their paying customers if there is one.

And I can say the same for Blizzard. I am still a sub of theirs on WoW and I also play their Starcraft2.
    They have downtime most weeks, yes. But quite a few of them are just server restarts which only last 5 mins.

When my sub runs out in 8 days for this game I will not be re-subbing .

If another Game Company takes over the game, I may consider returning, but ofc only after I observe it for some time.

But with the # of people I have done seen saying they are Leaving the Game, along with the # of people whom have unsubbed since my arrival on this game, I think I can safely say, this game isn't gonna be around for an extended amount of time.
    That is really sad too, this game was actually Very Enjoyable.

But I will not and I do not have to pay for 30 days of game play when I am only getting 26 days.

(2 days each week of almost 12 hours of downtime per day) . (1/2 day x 2 per week= 1 whole day of paying for nothing) (1 day lost each week x 4 weeks in a month = 4 days of paying for nothing) 30 - 4 = 26 days of actual game play I am paying for.
    $14.99 / 30 = 0.4996666666666667 per day x 4= 1.998666666666667 per month I lose with these Extended Downtimes. And if I stayed for a whole year that would be $23.984 of Income that I might as well have just tossed out a window for some one else to enjoy.

Some of you may Scoff at the the loss of $25 a year, but when you are Disabled and only live off of $700 a month, well that $25 a year is quite precious to you.

I have definately learned my lesson well from this game/company.

Don't forget that you don't need a sub to play the base game, there is plenty of content there for you to enjoy, without giving ZOS sub money for time you cannot play. You've paid for a copy of the game so should at least enjoy the story and side quests/grouping/pvp parts.

I agree with you expecting better for your money but don't miss out on the base game, it is very good (unless you've finished that part, of course. It took me about 18 months because I don't play tons)
  • Darkchild1723
    Darkchild1723
    Soul Shriven
    inb4 na Server down 6 more hours
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Time's up!
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • BriteLeaf
    BriteLeaf
    Down 12 hours and counting =(

This REALLY screws up my day off you know? :-P
  • Garldeen
    Garldeen
    ✭✭✭✭
    This issue seems to tie into a lot of the problems with the game - there are deep problems which need to be fixed properly with the game code, server optimisation, etc. For whatever reason, the approach has been to keep putting a sticky plaster over the issue to fix it for now. Unfortunately, those soon fall off. It is tempting for managers to do this, but it is a false economy. After a while, you would have spent more time, effort and money on short-term fixes than it would have to fix the problem properly.
  • AyeshaBelladonna
    AyeshaBelladonna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :Crosses Fingers: Please Let PvP Stop Crashing.....Please Let PvP Stop Crashing...Please Let PvP Stop Crashing...Please Let PvP Stop Crashing...
    NA EP CP1200+
    Original: Mag/Templar Erestem Nightblossom (Tank/Healer Hybrid, Alchemist, general nuisance)
    Alt's? at this point...so many to play, so little time!

**RED or DEAD** Long Live EP!

Leather Lace- GM, ESO Grand Designs GM, Ankle Biter for Lone Wolf United, CO-GM of Tower of Wayreth,
    Master Furnisher & Housing fanatic, PvP junkie
    Beta Tester, part of the 2013 Club
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi folks, as some of you have noticed, the European PC/Mac sever is now back online and open. We are still working on completing maintenance for the NA PC/Mac server.

So are you going to stop this idiotic practice of doing both servers at the same time. EVERY single time it has gone wrong when you have tried.

Go back to 2 AM eastern for US servers and 2 AM CET for EU servers on another day for patching like you used to do please.

maintenance has never been at 2 am dude, it started at 8 when game came out, and only last 4 or 5 weeks has it been pushed earlier to start at 6 because they been taking alll freakin day. its pissing me off how long maintenance takes now. i dont want to see another 4+ hour maintenance for at least 2 years excluding new content releases. maintenance other then adding new content should not take more then 3 hours tops.
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 battlemage (sorcerer)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 warrior (DragonKnight)
    v160 assassin (nightblade)
    v160 swordsman (sorcerer)
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been pretty patient these last four server maintenance DTs, but this is starting to get ridiculous. Today's downtime has been especially long, and disproportionately so (given the size of the patch). Also, why is the EU server always stabilized before the US server? Are the servers worked upon one at a time? If so, I can kind of understand why they'd try to get the EU server up first, what with the time zone difference, but then why take the US server down while working on the EU server? I don't get it, unless there's some reason why they ABSOLUTELY must both come down at the same time.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    wonkydog wrote: »
    This issue seems to tie into a lot of the problems with the game - there are deep problems which need to be fixed properly with the game code, server optimisation, etc. For whatever reason, the approach has been to keep putting a sticky plaster over the issue to fix it for now. Unfortunately, those soon fall off. It is tempting for managers to do this, but it is a false economy. After a while, you would have spent more time, effort and money on short-term fixes than it would have to fix the problem properly.

I'm not going to guess at what's going on with this issue. However, as someone who works in Ops (or whatever your org calls the group that oversees hardware and applying patches) I'm 99% certain the extended downtimes ARE due to proper fixes being applied.

There's always the option that all the hardware blew up and ZOS is waiting on replacements, but to have this many explosions in a month is like 10 sigma from the norm.
  • Immortal_Dark410
    Immortal_Dark410
    ✭✭✭
    wonkydog wrote: »

ya i agree, but the end of the day there gonna think like a company not whats best for the player base, when in reality the health of a MMO depends on the player base.
    Retired Guild Leader Of AMAZING DEALS OF TAMRIEL
    Retired Guild Leader Of AMAZING DEALS OF NIRN
    (ALL FACTION TRADE GUILDS)

PC NA SERVER
    DC - DARKDROGO | ORC | STAM DK | LVL 50 | CP 1285
    AD - DARK-GEARLT-OF-RIVIA | ALTMER | MAG SORC | LVL 50 | CP 1285
    EP - DARK-ABYSS | DUNMER | MAG TEMP | LVL 50 | CP 1285
    DC - REAPERS-CLOACK-OF-YASSASEEN | BRETON | MAG NB | LVL 50 | CP 1285
    AD - DARK-SLADE-WILSON | KHAJIIT | STAM NB | LVL 50 | CP 585
    AD - THE-LAST-DRUID-OF-PARANOR | ALTMER | MAG DK | LVL 50 | CP 1285
    AD - GALADRIEL-LADY OF LIGHT | IMPERIAL | STAM SORC | LVL 50 | CP 1285

CONSOLE PS5 NA SERVER AS WELL
  • babedenny
    babedenny
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    So why would it take significantly longer to bring up NA than EU servers?

Because 'Murica!!
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey all, apologies for the delay in updating. We're currently having QA test the NA server to make sure we're solid, and are planning to open around 5pm EDT (less than an hour from now).
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • babedenny
    babedenny
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

You would think that lol, guess NA has bigger issues then EU

I would say that's true IRL also.
  • AyeshaBelladonna
    AyeshaBelladonna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :|
    NA EP CP1200+
    Original: Mag/Templar Erestem Nightblossom (Tank/Healer Hybrid, Alchemist, general nuisance)
    Alt's? at this point...so many to play, so little time!

**RED or DEAD** Long Live EP!

Leather Lace- GM, ESO Grand Designs GM, Ankle Biter for Lone Wolf United, CO-GM of Tower of Wayreth,
    Master Furnisher & Housing fanatic, PvP junkie
    Beta Tester, part of the 2013 Club
  • Folkbandit
    Folkbandit
    ✭✭
    Hey all, apologies for the delay in updating. We're currently having QA test the NA server to make sure we're solid, and are planning to open around 5pm EDT (less than an hour from now).

Thank you!
    Edited by Folkbandit on August 22, 2016 8:23PM
  • labtecw
    labtecw
    So when can we expcet the server to come back up tomarrow , the next day , or a week from now and what wa the cause of this issue to keep the game offline so long. we pay for this game we have the right to know what is going on??????????????????? @ ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GinaBruno
    i beleive ZOS should do something for all the players tht have sat here waiting due to the traders and loss of playing time
    Edited by labtecw on August 22, 2016 8:18PM
  • Lady_Ems
    Lady_Ems
    ✭✭✭

Does that mean the server won't go down tomorrow as it has been doing for the past 3 weeks @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • daswahnsinn
    daswahnsinn
    ✭✭✭

Thanks @ZOS_GinaBruno I didn't really have the time today to play was busy with the 3mo and mowing while getting stung by ground hornets. Thanks again for the update :smiley:
    | | daswahnsinn | Vet 16 Nord Dragon Knight | Bow/Dual Wield/Two-Handed Sword| DPS | | Warrior of the EbonHeart Pact | |
  • Amsel_McKay
    Amsel_McKay
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You mean the NA server is the test server... we have known this all along...
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

puppy.jpg

• Ahk1lleez
    Ahk1lleez
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the whole point of restarting the EU server first was to make sure it was stable prior to restarting the NA server....which means if the EU server is stable (let's be honest here....how much different can the coding be between these 2 servers) that QA already knows what it needs to know about the NA server. The EU server has been up for over an hour now...so if QA already knows that....why do they need further testing?
    Edited by Ahk1lleez on August 22, 2016 8:14PM
  • nathan_bri
    nathan_bri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tia413 wrote: »
    (2 days each week of almost 12 hours of downtime per day) . (1/2 day x 2 per week= 1 whole day of paying for nothing) (1 day lost each week x 4 weeks in a month = 4 days of paying for nothing) 30 - 4 = 26 days of actual game play I am paying for.
    $14.99 / 30 = 0.4996666666666667 per day x 4= 1.998666666666667 per month I lose with these Extended Downtimes. And if I stayed for a whole year that would be $23.984 of Income that I might as well have just tossed out a window for some one else to enjoy.

This assumes that extended downtimes are a regular occurrence, which they are not.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Lady_Ems wrote: »

Does that mean the server won't go down tomorrow as it has been doing for the past 3 weeks @ZOS_GinaBruno

Well, that's certainly the hope. :) Unexpected downtime is never ideal, and isn't something we enjoy either. We'd much rather have everyone in the game playing.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Whitelacekun
    Whitelacekun
    Soul Shriven
    I was thinking about buying all the dlcs just yesterday not *** happening now.
    I just came back from like a three month break to find this happening.
    :c
  • heyjrey
    heyjrey
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope it's done before 5pm…I don't want to miss trials tonight D:
    EP Home Faction CP: 800+
    Vivec/Trueflame/Kaalgrontiid: Home Campaign
    Delia Moreau - Khajiit | Stamblade | PvE
    Sloppy Thirds* - Bosmer | Stamblade | PvP
    Tazia Mouse-Chaser - Khajiit | Stamblade | PvE
    Waterfalls - Altmer | Magsorc | PvP
    Datwun Puffs Tuff - Argonian | Magplar | PvP Healer
    Rotting Thot - Altmer | Magnecro | PvE Healer
    Count ßlockula - Argonian | StamDK | PvE Tank
    Jim Geezus Beam - Argonian | Magplar | PvE Healer

Red Nirn Reserve, Diswun's Wares, Welkynd, SOB (rip)

• mdholsteinb14_ESO
    mdholsteinb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven

How about instead of apologies you start providing ESO+ folks with extra days and bonus exp for regular users? A simple half-assed apology about an issue that shouldn't be happening to begin with is hardly acceptable.
This discussion has been closed.