The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ZOS please remove or decrease queue timer penalty for dungeons

CombatPrayer
CombatPrayer
✭✭✭✭
Is there really a need for this? I have been penalized for other people not showing up, for them leaving, for me not wanting to wait and hope your half broken system give me a replacement which I've only seen happen about 2% of the time. Just now, someone left the group I was about to start. Don't know why. Had four going in. As soon as we land, that person leaves. Now I am penalized for about 15 minutes. Why am I being punished? I did not leave. I waited another five for someone to show up. Guess what? Nobody did! Now I have to wait another ten to get back into a dungeon. all in all, for the time of initial queue wait to the time I can requeue that is 20 minutes of my life wasted, not playing my game, not doing anything but sitting around because of this dopey penalty that has nothing to do with anything I have done but with some other idiot who decided not to do the one I was in.

I understand why the system is in place, but it fails when members who did nothing wrong are penalized because someone didn't want to stay in that group. This has happened to me countless times. There is no need for it. I pay to play not pay to wait because some other tool didn't feel like being in our group for whatever their reason was.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I agree!!!

actually the penalty should apply only to a person who leaves the group in the middle of a dungeon, not to the whole group or to someone who gets kicked
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly with the bugs and the poor way it was put in. It was better with no penalty for anyone.
  • Zerok
    Zerok
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it can be very annoying.

I remember joining a "silver pledge" (please note the quotation marks) pug a few weeks ago. When the group leader started the dungeon, he chose the wrong one (it was in fact yesterday's silver, he probably forgot to abandon it). I told him I had no time to do a non-pledge dungeon and left.

Then I started my own pug group and I realized neither I nor any of the group members could start the dungeon because I had left the previous group...

We all had to wait 5-10 minutes for my cooldown to finish before we could start the dungeon :/
    Zeerok (the sneaky ruffian) - LV50 Bosmer stamblade DPS (AD)
    Gontrand de Bourbon (the greedy aristocrat) - LV50 Breton magsorc tank (DC)
    Augustus Aquilarios (the imperial claimant) - LV50 Imperial stamDK PvP (EP)
    Zeerokk (the AD zealot) - LV50 Altmer magblade PvP (AD)
    Lianna Storm (the inferno maiden) - LV50 Dunmer magDK DPS (EP)
    Fights-With-Khajiit (the gullible faithful) - LV5 Argonian templar (EP)
    Miner'va (the skooma addict) - LV3 Khajiit sorcerer (AD) - chaotic neutral
    Siggy Thorvaldsson (the charismatic baroness) - LV50 Nord stamwarden tank (DC)
  • Divinius
    Divinius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll say it again...

Great idea -- Horrible implementation.
  • CombatPrayer
    CombatPrayer
    ✭✭✭✭
    honestly, people are going to leave. Just let them leave without penalty because those that want to leave, aren't going to care about that penalty. Clearly the code can't determine why you left. Frankly, when I played ME3 MP, people left and it wasn't an issue.

Right now the queue is likely holding itself back rather than working for everyone. These damn timers probably lock out a fair percent of players and slow the whole thing down. And when we are dealing with hour or more waits, they need to be abolished. Seriously. They do no favors to anyone when one person can quit and mess up four players. The logic in that design is flawed. We need to have players always being able to get in quickly. That keeps the queue moving rather than bogging it down by locking out players when only a quarter of them might have chosen to leave - some might do it because they had issues with lag at that moment or going offline which might not even be their fault but now the team is penalized because waiting for a player to join? Not really going to happen.

please remove the timers. NOBODY likes them. Really. Not one person is grateful these timers exist. And they only bog the queue down.
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. decrease penalty time to 5 min.

1: timer starts when group forms, 5 min is enough to keep trolls away.

2: it's easier on honest players, and easier to fix this than most things that caise unwarranted bans. it's a shortcut fix that can be done easilly and improve quality of life significant;t for many many players.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Penalty should apply for the leavers, not for the whole group!!!
    Also, if the group has to be disbanded for some reason (for example the "leader crown not showing in the group view bug") and then re-grouped, there should be no penalty!!!

Please ZOS fix this!!

@ZOS_GinaBruno
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    There are currently a few outstanding bugs with the Grouping Tool that's causing innocent group members to be penalized with the lockout timer. We're working on getting these fixed, and are also exploring temporary solutions in the meantime. We'll let you know what we're able to do, and when it can be implemented.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • EternalEther
    Thanks for the information.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The penalty is only applied to those who leave the group, or should only be applied that way. If 3 players leave the group the last one should not be penalized. Same if the group is disbanded, only the player who disbands the group should be penalized.

Someone leaves early and the other 3 stick it out and wait for a replacement they should not be penalized. Of course,'only waiting a few minutes would not suffice.
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There are currently a few outstanding bugs with the Grouping Tool that's causing innocent group members to be penalized with the lockout timer. We're working on getting these fixed, and are also exploring temporary solutions in the meantime. We'll let you know what we're able to do, and when it can be implemented.
    If somebody disbands the group it shouldn't punish anyone but the person who disbanded it. Every time I do a random dungeon we end up on vet ICP, and the group immediately disbands and leaves the rest of us kind of screwed.
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait... You folks are actually getting placed with the grouping tool?
    I can't even complain about the penalty, because I can't seem to get a group to get kicked from.
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
  • elantaura
    elantaura
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tonight as a healer I qued with DPS friend. Firstly it grouped 5 people.. they did a vote to kick kicked my friend, I voted no but you only need 3 to vote yes, So he's gone despite my say. You are not getting the worm/ hercine toting, sharding, orbing, warhorn blowing, repentance giving, cp maxed, rotations down skill lines unlocked down to force lock cause I have been doing this a while. 310 skill point, capped -specked for buffing and healing your but from release,trials healingTemplar by being a jerk.and as such I left. ( because despite my many faults, I am loyal)
    We use gf as we are in different Timezone to the rest of the guilds, so we run with guilds on weekends.gf rest of the week.

I left because; I was put with the wrong group make up 5 people, and then my vote didn't count. And my choice was based on that . He was kicked and We both got a 15 min wait seperatly ?... Wow ...Meanwhile the group most likely got there healer and no wait :/
    PS4 EU 1200+ cp - I enjoy RP, Housing, PVE and PVP

• disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If I could get into a group I would provide feedback on the current state of the penalty system, until then.....
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno this is super awesome! a lot of people will be very eager to hear about this. is this feedback something you could sticky? it'll save doezens of duplicate threads and help players stay informed. -thx!
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    elantaura wrote: »
    Tonight as a healer I qued with DPS friend. Firstly it grouped 5 people.. they did a vote to kick kicked my friend, I voted no but you only need 3 to vote yes, So he's gone despite my say. You are not getting the worm/ hercine toting, sharding, orbing, warhorn blowing, repentance giving, cp maxed, rotations down skill lines unlocked down to force lock cause I have been doing this a while. 310 skill point, capped -specked for buffing and healing your but from release,trials healingTemplar by being a jerk.and as such I left. ( because despite my many faults, I am loyal)
    We use gf as we are in different Timezone to the rest of the guilds, so we run with guilds on weekends.gf rest of the week.

I left because; I was put with the wrong group make up 5 people, and then my vote didn't count. And my choice was based on that . He was kicked and We both got a 15 min wait seperatly ?... Wow ...Meanwhile the group most likely got there healer and no wait :/

Yep that is another glitch in the system. We had three people ready to do a random and already in group but couldn't find a 4th. So we decided to just pug the 4th. Unlike your situation there was no vote. The group finder instead just kicked one of the original three and gave us two random players. Didn't seem fair to make the two random wait who knows how long to get another group so we ran the random with them then ran it again with our guild mate. Has happened a few times now that someone already in the group gets kicked out of the group and replaced as the dungeon loads.

And on an aside that "random" dungeon doesn't seem to be random at all. That is just a little concern though compared to wait times and all the other things still wrong with the group finder.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Can you also make it so players with 40CP can't join up for IC/WGT? I'd rather not have a healer with 40CP trying to heal me.
    Edited by MaxwellC on July 21, 2016 1:44AM
    不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
    XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
    PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Can you also make it so players with 40CP can't join up for IC/WGT? I'd rather not have a healer with 40CP trying to heal me.

i do it all the time without a healer, doesn't bother me any.

besides, thwy get the crap scalee out of them anyway.

• ScottK1994
    ScottK1994
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Can you make it so players cant see the cp of others in random groups? That way you dont have noobs who need to be carried by a over geared guy
  • CombatPrayer
    CombatPrayer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why don't you just make it so anybody who is 10 levels lower than you never plays with you because it makes everyone's game so much harder even though they say they want it harder... when they are presented with a challenge, they don't like it at all.

Funny how nobody complains about those 501s they ran with that might have carried them. Nobody ever says they want to be segregated from higher levels. Nope. Just keep them cruddy low level noobs away. It's especially funny how people act as if they were never noobs themselves. As if they came out of the womb already playing the game, running dungeons, and maxed levels.

God this forum amuses the heck out of me. Here I am being grateful if they just fix the timer so I can go back in and now it's evolved to 'let's make it so I never have to play with anyone I might not want to play with cuz they might make my game that much harder and I want to steamroll through these things as fast as I can.' /sarcasm
    Edited by CombatPrayer on July 21, 2016 3:12AM
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why don't you just make it so anybody who is 10 levels lower than you never plays with you because it makes everyone's game so much harder even though they say they want it harder... when they are presented with a challenge, they don't like it at all.

Funny how nobody complains about those 501s they ran with that might have carried them. Nobody ever says they want to be segregated from higher levels. Nope. Just keep them cruddy low level noobs away. It's especially funny how people act as if they were never noobs themselves. As if they came out of the womb already playing the game, running dungeons, and maxed levels.

God this forum amuses the heck out of me. Here I am being grateful if they just fix the timer so I can go back in and now it's evolved to 'let's make it so I never have to play with anyone I might not want to play with cuz they might make my game that much harder and I want to steamroll through these things as fast as I can.' /sarcasm

lmao yeah, you're probably right about that' I'd be willing to wager that these scrublords that refuse to play with lower levels are the sa,e ones that demand nerfs and post threads about not being allowed into other people's groups.

xD go figure.
  • ScottK1994
    ScottK1994
    ✭✭✭

lmao yeah, you're probably right about that' I'd be willing to wager that these scrublords that refuse to play with lower levels are the sa,e ones that demand nerfs and post threads about not being allowed into other people's groups.

xD go figure.

I'm not sure but they weren't around at a time when dungeons veteran dungeons were done by level 50 people in green and blue
    Edited by ScottK1994 on July 21, 2016 4:20AM
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ScottK1994 wrote: »

xD go figure.

I'm not sure but they weren't around at a time when dungeons veteran dungeons were done by level 50 people in green and blue

that wad back before champion points, people thought the purple weapons dropped from tempest islanf was 'really' good gear, and legendary items were absolutely unheard of.
    I can remember when you did not see vet characters because people got to lvl 50, saw how hard it was and said *** this I'm starting over.
  • ScottK1994
    ScottK1994
    ✭✭✭

xD go figure.

that wad back before champion points, people thought the purple weapons dropped from tempest islanf was 'really' good gear, and legendary items were absolutely unheard of.
    I can remember when you did not see vet characters because people got to lvl 50, saw how hard it was and said *** this I'm starting over.

Then again I think end game should always he focused on gear tiers. I don't understand this CP crap. Atleast with veteran ranks it seemed obtainable. I've grinded harder in the game levelling than I ever have in any game ever, but I got to max level before then.. It seems like they're avoiding having an end game and its just going to be a climb of CP every once in a while. Even getting to max level on WoW during the burning crusade was a lot less grind. It feels like a Korean MMO
    Edited by ScottK1994 on July 21, 2016 5:31AM
  • CombatPrayer
    CombatPrayer
    ✭✭✭✭

I don't know. I don't bother with quests as much as I was right after I entered post game. I do dungeons and I climb up CP pretty fast. There's that enlighted bit where CP levels fast I think. I'm at 210 last time I looked and it was maybe two weeks ago I was 160. Possibly three but I don't think that long. I just do random dungeon for xp, silver and sometimes gold. Then if I feel like it I might grab two or three more. Maybe I do a few of the more main faction quests every so many days and I level up at a pretty nice pace. at least 1 cp a day or. Between two characters past 50 I gain even faster now because CP on one is CP on all.
  • ScottK1994
    ScottK1994
    ✭✭✭

xD go figure.

Then again I think end game should always he focused on gear tiers. I don't understand this CP crap. Atleast with veteran ranks it seemed obtainable. I've grinded harder in the game levelling than I ever have in any game ever, but I got to max level before then.. It seems like they're avoiding having an end game and its just going to be a climb of CP every once in a while. Even getting to max level on WoW during the burning crusade was a lot less grind. It feels like a Korean MMO

Well I've came to the understanding that CP is basically a replacement for tiered gear. I actually thought there was level 501 weapons around etc
  • ScottK1994
    ScottK1994
    ✭✭✭
    I dont mind never reaching the tier cap. On wow I was hardly ever top tier but I enjoyed doing end game

(Thought it would be 501 before they let me do a trial)
    Edited by ScottK1994 on July 21, 2016 6:02AM
  • raidentenshu_ESO
    raidentenshu_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The temporary solution is to disable the Group finders penalty until you guys resolve this.

I don't mean to sound harsh but you guys seem to worry more about what to put up in the crown store instead of focusing on fixing these bugs and glitches that you guys are aware of from your acknowledgement. It doesn't really encourage me to purchase anything from the crown store when I can't even do my daily pledges due to your buggy group finder tool penalty.
    Edited by raidentenshu_ESO on July 21, 2016 3:45PM
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zerok wrote: »
    Yeah it can be very annoying.

I remember joining a "silver pledge" (please note the quotation marks) pug a few weeks ago. When the group leader started the dungeon, he chose the wrong one (it was in fact yesterday's silver, he probably forgot to abandon it). I told him I had no time to do a non-pledge dungeon and left.

Then I started my own pug group and I realized neither I nor any of the group members could start the dungeon because I had left the previous group...

We all had to wait 5-10 minutes for my cooldown to finish before we could start the dungeon :/

So what your saying is you should have just done the silver that takes 15 minutes. Then do your own would have been the same time investment it seems.