The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

ESO Live Ideas

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
Hi everyone!

Can you believe we’ve broadcasted almost 40 episodes of our Twitch show, ESO Live? Over the years (yes, years!) we’ve chatted with ESO developers about their jobs here at ZeniMax Online, shown you some amazing community creations, given you a preview of upcoming content, and more. As we continue to plan for more shows, we’d like to hear what you want to see. If there are things we’re doing now that you enjoy, old segments you’d like to see brought back, or have new ideas that you’d like us to consider, tell us in this thread!

Please keep in mind that although we’d love to show you all the new features we’re developing (and we know you can’t wait to see them), we do have other plans about when we’ll be talking about these.

Thanks!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, one new idea I had could be for each ESO Live to show off a very small bit of "Road Ahead" type of content. A small teaser if you will.

An example of this could be to show for a tiny bit the progress made on future content. (ahem..... Spellcrafting/Player Housing) Talk about it or even show a short clip/preview from someone trying it out. A teaser per ESO Live would be really awesome!
    Edited by Vaoh on July 19, 2016 5:47PM
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I want to see you guys actually TELL US when you're streaming! The last 2 feeds were out of the blue with no heads up...

Beyond that perhaps some actual normal gameplay from the devs whilst hiding their names? Could call it "We the Players" or something. Basically show the people here you guys actually DO play your own game because there are some still skeptical.
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    (inb4 "fix lag", "fix Malubeth", "AOE caps", etc.)

I really like what you guys do for PTS zones where you have a little "find the developer" challenge and walk around the area while explaining little things and changes. More of that would be cool, especially if you can manage to do it on the live servers every once in a while, too, as a sort of community event. Put the developer in an area that's not blatantly obvious (like, in some Ayleid ruins, but you can't immediately tell they're along the coast of Malabal Tor unless you have a keen eye, for instance) and see if anyone finds them. (:

I'd really enjoy if, for content like new dungeons, you could get a team of four to run it during ESO Live. They don't need to be amazing, and the dungeon walkthroughs are certainly nice, but actually seeing the team play the content would be sweet! You can do it on normal, no worries.

Could you maybe convince a few of your lovely coworkers to mmmmmmaybe do a later stream? Like, 6-7 EST? Like when I'm not at work? :D?
    Edited by rhapsodious on July 19, 2016 5:51PM
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is probably a really stupid idea but - what if there was a monthly competition to win 100-500 crowns and the winner is announced on an ESO Live episode? My thinking was that people who haven't seen or don't know about ESO Live will tune in and get involved, the community get a chance to win something and hopefully sparks more discussion.

Apart from that I love the lore of the game and definitely would like more history lessons :smile:
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could we possibly have a regular game and Tamriel lore section with Loremaster Lawrence, please? :smile:
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cazzy wrote: »
    This is probably a really stupid idea but - what if there was a monthly competition to win 100-500 crowns and the winner is announced on an ESO Live episode? My thinking was that people who haven't seen or don't know about ESO Live will tune in and get involved, the community get a chance to win something and hopefully sparks more discussion.

Apart from that I love the lore of the game and definitely would like more history lessons :smile:

They usually do those giveaways DURING the feeds.
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Crowns? How have I missed that? :/
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Well they usually give away t-shirts and plush dolls and if I recall correctly like posters and stuff more but a few times it was flat out crowns.
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on July 19, 2016 5:53PM
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »
    Could we possibly have a regular game and Tamriel lore section with Loremaster Lawrence, please? :smile:

Ooh, yes! Please! I ADORE TES lore and would love a little "behind the scenes" look at how the world works. Even if it's fluff. Because sometimes the fluff is best, like that one line in the novel I can't even remember that says Argonians open their jaw when you scratch under their neck. The little things.
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Well they usually give away t-shirts and plush dolls and if I recall correctly like posters and stuff more but a few times it was flat out crowns.

Well I feel better for knowing it isn't a stupid idea! :tongue: How does it work though? Is it something you enter? I feel like a lot of people don't know about this (or maybe they do and I've completely missed it!)
  • SubtleHate
    SubtleHate
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to see an Q&A with the programmers and the engineers/IT people in the community addressing, in as much technical detail as possible, why the game lags so much and how the programmers go about fixing it. I would like the programmers to explain the situation to the tech savvy in the community. Maybe have a brief collab where said members of the community give the programmers feedback and problem solving ideas.
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well I feel better for knowing it isn't a stupid idea! :tongue: How does it work though? Is it something you enter? I feel like a lot of people don't know about this (or maybe they do and I've completely missed it!)

They announce they're doing a crowns giveaway on the stream and give Twitch viewers a keyword to say (like, oh say, "crowns" ;)). There's a raffle bot they use that will pick a winner from whoever did that (the chat does become a mess at that point), then they announce the winner and I guess they PM them a redemption code?
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Do you do "behind the scenes"? Like a brief video diary of the team and what they get up to?
    Edited by Cazzy on July 19, 2016 5:58PM
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SubtleHate wrote: »
    I would like to see an Q&A with the programmers and the engineers/IT people in the community addressing, in as much technical detail as possible, why the game lags so much and how the programmers go about fixing it. I would like the programmers to explain the situation to the tech savvy in the community. Maybe have a brief collab where said members of the community give the programmers feedback and problem solving ideas.

Thing is they fix it as they find it. There are so many variables that cause lag, especially in Cyrodiil, that it's an ongoing hunt to catch 'em all.

...Pokemon Go conspiracy confirmed...
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on July 19, 2016 5:59PM
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

They announce they're doing a crowns giveaway on the stream and give Twitch viewers a keyword to say (like, oh say, "crowns" ;)). There's a raffle bot they use that will pick a winner from whoever did that (the chat does become a mess at that point), then they announce the winner and I guess they PM them a redemption code?

Oh, I seeeeeeee. Well then I guess my suggestion is to have more info prior to the stream so I can tune in :smile:
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit would suggest more of the following:

Yarn based articles

Documentaries on fishing in Tamriel

Chasing the devs on the PTS only to have the chat box/UI freeze on me just as the camera is on and you ask my camel to spit (this happened not so long ago to my orc apprentice)

Perhaps also a peek into the process in which store items such as costumes are designed yes?

Those fun bits where you don't know the camera is on yet

Maybe a competition to write a new bard song?

Kittens

And less of the following please:

Dunmer, Altmer, Bosmer, Werewolves, Town guards

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Edited by SantieClaws on July 19, 2016 6:13PM
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Seamonkey001
    Seamonkey001
    ✭✭
    I would like to see a guild spotlight where they do an interview with members of a guild. Get their input on the state of the game. Give them some exposure to the general audience. Its a far shot but would be pretty neat to see what other people are doing and how they can join in communities.
    XBox Live GamerTag: Sea Monkey 001
    Main Character: Kelach, High Elf, Sorcerer, Level CP 275
    Guild: Fathers of The Dominion

Twitch: SeaMonkey001
  • AshTal
    AshTal
    ✭✭✭✭
    I only watch ESO for the ask us anything section. Things I like to see
    1) New content which is coming out and isn't on PST yet
    2) Road ahead stuff
    3) Lore stuff
    4) Ask us anything (with serious questions)

Things I don't like
    1) Watching someone play ESO or play through new content we already have access to
    2) Pointless filler stuff where already known information is read off the forms.
  • menedhyn
    menedhyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1 for lore discussions please. It's such a huge part of the Elder Scrolls world and i'm surprised there isn't a lore section within the forums (a not-so-subtle-hint there).

New content and previews are always welcome, but how about being a bit more daring and focusing occasionally on your community? Perhaps some quick Q&A sessions with 'ordinary' folks who do so much for role-play, crafting, game mechanics, etc? I know, potentially risky, but there might be some mileage in the idea?
    'Pure rains make sweet rivers'
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want to see a ganking session with Brian Wheeler.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    paganach wrote: »
    New content and previews are always welcome, but how about being a bit more daring and focusing occasionally on your community? Perhaps some quick Q&A sessions with 'ordinary' folks who do so much for role-play, crafting, game mechanics, etc? I know, potentially risky, but there might be some mileage in the idea?
    We actually did this a bit early on, and can certainly do it again on occasion. :)
    Do you do "behind the scenes"? Like a brief video diary of the team and what they get up to?
    We could, sure! It would take a bit of planning on our part, but it's certainly possible. We had actually toyed with the idea at one point to livestream some Behind the Scenes stuff via Periscope or FB Live, but it sort of fell off the radar.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    We actually did this a bit early on, and can certainly do it again on occasion. :)
    We could, sure! It would take a bit of planning on our part, but it's certainly possible. We had actually toyed with the idea at one point to livestream some Behind the Scenes stuff via Periscope or FB Live, but it sort of fell off the radar.

I'd like that :smile: Always been interested in what is happening behind the curtain, so-to-speak. Especially with MMOs. I can try and picture it but would definitely like to see how everything works and get to know the team a little better! :smiley:
    Edited by Cazzy on July 19, 2016 6:31PM
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd like to see the "Anatomy of a Bugfix". What are all the steps ZOS takes when finding a report from start to finish, and explaining some of the challenges with it. A lot of people seem to be under the impression that it's a single line of code to fix something when, in reality, there's far, far more to it -- especially when testing in a closed environment -vs- a live one.
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes to both of these! Although you might have to screen the 'ordinary' folks...

With the behind the scenes thing, I think it would help to humanize the team, especially if you get some of the more passionate members on camera. Squash those rumors that your employees don't play your game! Some of my favorite game studios are the ones that show how much they love their games.
  • Seamonkey001
    Seamonkey001
    ✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »
    I'd like to see the "Anatomy of a Bugfix". What are all the steps ZOS takes when finding a report from start to finish, and explaining some of the challenges with it. A lot of people seem to be under the impression that it's a single line of code to fix something when, in reality, there's far, far more to it -- especially when testing in a closed environment -vs- a live one.

I agree with this, but it would have to be done on a separate episode. I really like the Idea though.
    XBox Live GamerTag: Sea Monkey 001
    Main Character: Kelach, High Elf, Sorcerer, Level CP 275
    Guild: Fathers of The Dominion

Twitch: SeaMonkey001
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh my god, our development pipeline is long enough. I cannot fathom how many hurdles they have to jump through to promote even a one-line fix. More moving parts than Sotha Sil's Clockwork City. *_____*
  • menedhyn
    menedhyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We actually did this a bit early on, and can certainly do it again on occasion
    Fab. Occasional stuff is good for me. Plus, I clearly need to revisit previous episodes of ESO Live to see what I have missed!

'Pure rains make sweet rivers'
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

Not a bad idea! Obviously some bugs are way more complicated than others, but I think we can certainly work with this idea.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Console race would like to know what's going on with performance and not be ignored every single time we ask. Please just respond.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭