The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Battlegrounds are broken, no response, no fix in sight.

• iCaliban
    iCaliban
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanguinor2 wrote: »
    iCaliban wrote: »

This patch was supposed to be the "recode"

If Memory serves a recode of many Things of the game is due to happen this year.
    Doesnt mean something will Change tho since Group finder was supposed to work flawlessly with the Group finder update months ago and yet here we are...

Right... Hence this and many other posts. If they aren't even acknowledging that BGs are busted how should we expect a fix?
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Right... Hence this and many other posts. If they aren't even acknowledging that BGs are busted how should we expect a fix?

Yes the first big "improvement" flat out not working sends a really really bad message. I wasnt optimistic when they announced their plans for Fixing stuff, didnt work that well before afterall. And what they did with Group finder just reinforces the pessimistic Outlook.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    b4ae55cf3df553d25a5548a53f3f0c72.jpeg
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Donny_Vito wrote: »
    b4ae55cf3df553d25a5548a53f3f0c72.jpeg

3l4736.jpg
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hi everyone, wanted to let you know that we are aware of the issues being reported in this thread, and we are working on getting this fixed so teams will populate properly before a match begins or while one is in progress. We have a number fixes and improvements we're working on with the Activity Finder, and are planning to get many of these published before Midyear Mayhem. We'll keep you updated - thanks for your ongoing patience.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Czekoludek
    Czekoludek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone, wanted to let you know that we are aware of the issues being reported in this thread, and we are working on getting this fixed so teams will populate properly before a match begins or while one is in progress. We have a number fixes and improvements we're working on with the Activity Finder, and are planning to get many of these published before Midyear Mayhem. We'll keep you updated - thanks for your ongoing patience.

Great but why we get the message like that after weeks and not when the problem starts to occurre? Is proper communication such hard task to do, write couple sentences like above before ppl will run out of their patience? Because I know quite a few people that have enough of this bs and lost their patience long time ago
    Edited by Czekoludek on 4 January 2020 16:03
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Czekoludek wrote: »

Great but why we get the message like that after weeks and not when the problem starts to occurre? Is proper communication such hard task to do, write couple sentences like above before ppl will run out of their patience? Because I know quite a few people that have enough of this bs and lost their patience long time ago

time to pve :trollface:
  • iCaliban
    iCaliban
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We greatly appreciate your response. Thank you.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank goodness for an Undaunted Event

>,>
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    Thank goodness for an Undaunted Event

>,>

But those opal motifs looks so good tho :(
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you toggle 1vX mode?
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s worse than this. There’s an exploit which means you Can do 24 vs 4 vs 4 on bgs at the moment. Pics are all over discord and Facebook

• iCaliban
    iCaliban
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MJallday wrote: »
    It’s worse than this. There’s an exploit which means you Can do 24 vs 4 vs 4 on bgs at the moment. Pics are all over discord and Facebook

It may exist, but its not common. No one in my bg guild has seen it (165+ people). Chalk this up to another weird bug in the group finder.
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just stop playing BGs. It’s just a bunch of sweaty pet Sorcs and one button Templars anyways.

Everyone go to IC for some real fun. No queue times, no disconnect cool down on queues, no sweaty.
    Edited by Skoomah on 4 January 2020 19:55
  • MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MJallday wrote: »

It may exist, but its not common. No one in my bg guild has seen it (165+ people). Chalk this up to another weird bug in the group finder.

Might be platform specific to Xbox. Pretty much everyone is talking About it on the discords
  • iCaliban
    iCaliban
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skoomah wrote: »
    Just stop playing BGs. It’s just a bunch of sweaty pet Sorcs and one button Templars anyways.

Everyone go to IC for some real fun. No queue times, no disconnect cool down on queues, no sweaty.

Damn skoomah, no need for the personal attack ;) lmao. Sweaty games are fun
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Skoomah wrote: »

Damn skoomah, no need for the personal attack ;) lmao. Sweaty games are fun

LOL JK
  • iiYuki
    iiYuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/455688/can-we-please-look-at-battleground-match-making#latest

An old thread I posted in January 2019 with the EXACT same problem as well as one that put you in instantly to wait and queue or not putting you in at all and saying unable to port.
    "Play how you want... unless its not how we intended you to play in which case we'll nerf it".
    - ZO$

- The ZO$ Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmUJWP_ebsQ
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Czekoludek wrote: »

oh come on. we get this message every year. "we are working" is a local meme already

my screen is the best. match without third team. read the first red id it explains everything
    Screenshot-20191213-021917.png
    Edited by oxygen_thief on 4 January 2020 22:47
  • Weesacs
    Weesacs
    ✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno thanks for actually providing some feedback on this issue however can I ask why this wasn't done before now within the actual BG section of the forum's? Additionally can you confirm that you guy's actually read the BG forum's as they seem to get absolutely no feedback from any of you at all because this and other issue's have been highlighted there time and time again yet you respond to a thread in general?

This just highlights to me that if you want ZOS to listen then you post in general ... got it 👍
    High Elf Templar
    PS4 - EU - DC
    Over 37,500 Achievements!
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    God, I hope the actually fix is coming. Started a BG match yesterday with (1) 4 person, (1) 3 person and me in a 2-person team. My teammate died once and left 30 seconds into the match. I stayed the lone wolf in a deathmatch against a 3- and 4-man teams. 10 minutes later surprisingly I can last place. Go figure.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have a theory about what’s broken.

There’s one stamsorc Mystikkal on PC-NA that does BGs all the time. Whenever I’m on an alt and see this person, they’re always on a team on 2. Either me and them, or 2 people on an opposing team.

Could it be that someone’s MMR can go high enough the game expects it to be a fair fight 2v4v4? Maybe, I’m not sure, but I’ve seen it 3 times with the same person.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been getting a bunch of these games as well. So much for "we've fixed the group finder". Now I am glad I stayed strong and decided against resubbing in my moment of weakness/full inventory.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • darthgummibear_ESO
    darthgummibear_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is hilarious because this has been an ongoing issue for at least a year now.
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Do we get any patch notes for the server-side hotfix this morning? (It looks like there wasn't any client side update).
  • iCaliban
    iCaliban
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is hilarious because this has been an ongoing issue for at least a year now.

No it hasnt. This is a new issue since the queue finder got "fixed". Games prior to this would start without 4 on each team occasionally, sure. But those teams would eventually get a replacement. Players who quit would be replaced as well. Games did NOT start with 2 or even just 1 player on a team (almost ever. Played thousands of games, never saw it personally prior to this)
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This issue is one of the numerous reasons I stopped playing BGs back in 2018. Some things don't change.
  • mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 3 team BGs is a cute idea but I would rather just have 2 teams. Somehow seems easier for them to fill 2 teams appropriately than three. Just redo the maps for 2 teams...
  • ShadowKyuubi
    ShadowKyuubi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, i had this happen to me. I literally just sat and played the esraj the entire time. Luckily I was a NB and anytime the enemy turn to look at me, I just cloaked and ran away. Eventually they decided I wasn't worth it, because they were literally just chasing me without finding me. And eventually one of the enemies decided to play drums and dance with me. So that was fun...
    Edited by ShadowKyuubi on 7 January 2020 03:18
  • ShadowKyuubi
    ShadowKyuubi
    ✭✭✭✭
    mav1234 wrote: »
    The 3 team BGs is a cute idea but I would rather just have 2 teams. Somehow seems easier for them to fill 2 teams appropriately than three. Just redo the maps for 2 teams...

The three team system is a checks and balance system, ideally. Imagine the following scenario that I see in BGs with only two teams. The scenario is a Team Deathmatch: One team is being absolutely dominated by the other two teams. So much so that the losing team is being pushed back to their spawn and being camped. So that one losing team, decides to wait in their spawn until the other two teams fight enough that they can come back out safely and pick off any remainders.

Now what happens if there are only two teams in this scenario? I'm sure you can figure it out.