The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Broken telegraphed aoes

irswat
irswat
✭✭✭✭
Add the warrior shield throw to ice atro conal and dragon flyby telegraphs that are completely off. The telgraph is literally opposite the direction he actually throws often. @tmbrinks can confirm
The Lord Jesus Christ saved me from sin and darkness. His love has transformed me so that I am a new creature in Him. May you find Him too, and experience His richness and goodness!
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is not limited to that, the whole mechanic of telegraphs is broken all over the game. Dungeons (like fang lair), arenas like blackrose or vma.

On top of it there is bug with bosses moving when they shouldnt be because they are channeling those aoes that have bad telegraph. Resulting in Haj Mota aoe shooting from location Haj Mota isnt anymore. Or Fang Lair Dragon moving while channeling the frost aoe. Even Saw gargoyle in blackrose rush to middle while bashing the ground and then run back to location he started bashing in...
  • The_Auror
    The_Auror
    ✭✭✭
    Can confirm this since around Elsweyr patch. Telegraphed aoes that have always been static are changing position at the very last instant before impact. I believe they are turning toward the player who has taunt/aggro right as the attack goes off.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the most part, the telegraphs that seem to be off are any that are conal, or straight in their telegraphs. Those that are circular seem to be okay (I haven't noticed any issues)
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • ruumwolf
    ruumwolf
    Soul Shriven
    Experienced this tonight when trying Fang Lair HM. Many times we were knocked back by his ice aoe even when it was facing the complete opposite direction. Warrior’s shield throw in HRC is doing the same thing. Pretty sure I experienced some issues in vMA as well with archers and arrow spray. Their aoe would turn towards me at the very last second, although I don’t think I was actually being hit by anything to my knowledge.

Seems like in fixing Lokkestiiz’s telegraph issue they somehow messed them up everywhere else.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A couple of days ago in vCR, Relequen's conal aoe wasn't telegraphed throughout the fight.
  • Gederic
    Gederic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we get a response to this please? First noticed it about a week ago in vSS with the dragon breath while flying would go completely opposite of its telegraphed location. Fang Lair HM was a nightmare last night with the ice knockback being entirely wrong... Lol like you said, being behind the dragon and getting hit. Ghostwalls were also completely off for our group.

I've noticed them being off more and more this past week!

Hello ZoS this is basic important stuff!!

Ours is the Fury
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can confirm this in vAS also. The multiple group members kept dying from Llothis' Defiling Blast while standing well outside the cone.
  • FatelessLava
    FatelessLava
    ✭✭✭
    Shantu wrote: »
    Can confirm this in vAS also. The multiple group members kept dying from Llothis' Defiling Blast while standing well outside the cone.
    Adding on to this, Olms also sometimes shoots steam out of his ass.

Llothis seems to be bugged in more ways than one. My group saw him walking with his interupt, and I saw the telegraph cone go berserk and 360, when the person was still in range. In that case maybe it was targeting them but the cone was on someone else.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have also seen the Warrior shield throw bug now: shield throw was telegraphed as targetting the tank, but the group got it instead.

It would be nice if we can get confirmation that this aknowledged and hopefully being looked into @ZOS_GinaBruno.
  • Lazures
    Lazures
    Soul Shriven
    I'll just post this video here, again, to confirm this bug with solid evidence.

[url="https://youtu.be/Tqh21IfVx5w"[/url]
  • irswat
    irswat
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Finn please?
    The Lord Jesus Christ saved me from sin and darkness. His love has transformed me so that I am a new creature in Him. May you find Him too, and experience His richness and goodness!
  • Suddwrath
    Suddwrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if it's related, but I've experienced a few wipes in vSCP at the final boss where the group was clearly standing in the yellow circle during the map-wide poison phase but yet all of us died. Given that it's also a "telegraph" mechanic, I wonder if it's related.
  • The_Auror
    The_Auror
    ✭✭✭
    Supposedly fixed today:
    -Fixed an issue where some monsters that were supposed to be locked in place would instead turn to face your character. This fixes many gameplay issues, particularly with cone and Area of Effect based attacks, most evident in Trials but found throughout the world.
  • caperon
    caperon
    ✭✭✭✭
    It wasn't fixed in vma after the mantenaince. I died from arrow spray once from archers that were turning right before shooting. And giants in stage 5 throw the ground stomp from 5 m behind their position. Has been happening since elsewyr patch.
  • The_Auror
    The_Auror
    ✭✭✭
    Still broken as of 6-18. The original fix didn't work, can we get another pass please? Lokkestiiz fly-by breath telegraph is completely wrong. Ice atro conals are all over the place. The Warrior throws his shield in random directions. vAS is in possibly the worst state it has ever been.
  • Coldforge
    Coldforge
    ✭✭✭
    Still very much broken. This was happening in vFrostvault, with Avalanche's pie slice ice prison AOE. Made it almost impossible to survive.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Literally nothing was fixed by the 'fix' from 10th and nothing mentioned or fixed in last Monday one either. We are in over 3 weeks of this mess that makes every dungeon or trial more difficult or impossible with no response (other than saying its fixed week ago).
  • Rexy18
    Rexy18
    ✭✭✭
    Still very broken, standing 20m behind Thurvokun and I get hit by the frost cone despite the fact I'm standing 180 degrees behind it.

Circular AoEs are also broken but to a lesser extent, I died a couple of times trying to rez someone in FL due to the corpse bomb even though I was well out of the AoE.
  • hackdrag0n
    hackdrag0n
    ✭✭✭
    Can confirm that the warrior in hrc is still throwing his shield out of his backside more often than not.
  • irswat
    irswat
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is a strange desync that can happen where a person appears on their own screen in a place different then they are in the instance. This happened to someone in raid tonight. @LemonSquishie said it happened in one of her previous raids.

@ZOS_Finn thanks
    Edited by irswat on 21 June 2019 02:10
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just a day ago, in vSO HM, whole group was wiped couple of times by the final boss' conal AoE that was clearly displayed as being aimed at the tank, in the opposite direction.

Generally, it's amusing to see the first page of bug report forums with just one single thread marked as having answer from ZOS... and the answer is "working on it" from August 2018 while the issue is still not resolved and even has own workaround addon released for it over the last year. 5/7 perfect communication.
  • ZOS_Finn
    ZOS_Finn
    Dungeon, Encounter
    & Monster Lead
    The issue with damage and telegraphs not lining up is being worked on by the our engineers as we speak. We know its frustrating and it is a top priority to get fixed.
    Lead Encounter Designer (Dungeons, Monsters, Encounters)
    Staff Post
  • irswat
    irswat
    ✭✭✭✭
    There you have it. Its on their radar. So now just patience
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Totally the fault of add-ons I'm sure 😕
    PC-NA
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Finn wrote: »
    The issue with damage and telegraphs not lining up is being worked on by the our engineers as we speak. We know its frustrating and it is a top priority to get fixed.
    Do you know if this is or isn't related to the bug where bosses move during phases when they're not supposed to move?

We had that happen a bunch of times on the Twins in vMoL on the weekend. During the phase when they teleport and start praying when everyone needs to make sure they're on the same side of the room as the boss they've been fighting we were seeing one boss or the other run towards the middle of the room instead of standing still & praying, and he'd be untargetable while he did it. Then he'd suddenly go back to where he was supposed to be.

Since Elsweyr dropped I've also seen the Mage move closer to tank rock in vAA instead of standing still in the middle of the stone circle like she's supposed to, and I think I've seen other bosses move in phases when they aren't supposed to (although I can't remember which).

I'm only wondering if these are related because they're both mechanics-related, they both involve things not staying in the places they're supposed to be, and I think both bugs started showing up with the same patch.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Chicharron
    Chicharron
    ✭✭✭✭✭

it's fungineers.

You're welcome.
    Edited by Chicharron on 22 June 2019 22:22
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    16 days later, no fix. Just like all the other bugs they introduced with elsweyr. An unfinished class, a raid where certain skills don't hit the bosses at all. But hey, that wonky light in that one house does not work right! Put all the devs on it!
    Many peoples patience is running out.
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Looking on the bright side, it does have some entertainment value.

PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • Styxius
    Styxius
    ✭✭✭✭
    16 days later, no fix. Just like all the other bugs they introduced with elsweyr. An unfinished class, a raid where certain skills don't hit the bosses at all. But hey, that wonky light in that one house does not work right! Put all the devs on it!
    Many peoples patience is running out.

Hodor - EP EU / Retired

I mean I'm not running out of patience for sure some things take a lot longer to analyze than others especially one that's causing a wide spread issue. A house's light not working properly or the walls(as I previously have made a post about) are much simpler things to fix. So of course you'd throw a dev on it to get it hot fixed it's a simpler issue to swiftly resolve. This one is not so much.
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nothing this week then? I must say I just had charming time in vFL HM - it's priceless when you stand between ice rays and invisible ice AoE that shouldn't be there throws you straight into the ghost wall. I think I'll postpone going there again until the fix comes, I'm starting to develop a habit of moving between the rays and standing in block anyway, because in current state of the game, not standing in red doesn't guarantee that invisible red won't get you just the same. I don't want to get used to bug-oriented tactics.