The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

AP charge to set home campaign? What? Why?

fred4
fred4
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
PC EU. ZOS want to charge me 150K AP to set the home campaign to the new 30-day CP campaign. My character was previously assigned to Vivec since forever. What gives? Not happening to a guild mate. Can I avoid this charge by waiting for a day? If I have to pay this for each of my 7 characters, it's going to add up.
PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Emmy
    Emmy
    Same here
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was supposed to be free for the first assignment according to the patch notes.
    Did you set home campaigns for more than one character?

I wonder if ZOS only made it free for *one* character ...
    headbang.gif

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    You shouldn't need to pay. Which campaign are you trying to set yourself to?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC EU here

doesnt matter which of the 3 possible campaigns i select for home, it always wants 150k ap
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    It was supposed to be free for the first assignment according to the patch notes.
    Did you set home campaigns for more than one character?

I wonder if ZOS only made it free for *one* character ...
    headbang.gif

no they didnt. I just logged in my first char (main char) and cant change without cost
  • Emmy
    Emmy
    I did one character out of 8 so far and been charged 150k AP to assign the home campaign I WAS IN before patch. Its gonna cost me over 1M AP to reassign the SAME home campaigns cuz Zos made name changes?

Why should I pay for this? :s

• Emmy
    Emmy
    All my Pact were in Vivec, all my Covenant in Sotha @ZOS_GinaBruno ... to assign the new home campaigns I'd have to pay 150k per assignments x 8 characters.

I guess its gonna be fixed?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Were all of you previously in Vivec?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Fandriil
    Fandriil
    ✭✭✭
    Same here. I will set home camp* for my char and must pay 150k AP. My char was former in vivec and should go now in the new cp-camp ....
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Were all of you previously in Vivec?

i was previously in sotha.
    Got a 2% reward mail from last campaign, and was active in it about 20h ago.
    This char has to pay

I tried 3 other chars. 2 werent in any campaign for weeks, and one was in Kyne yesterday evening (about 28h ago).
    Those 3 dont need to pay 150k
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Home campaign was Vivec. Trying to set it to Kaalgrontiid.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Emmy
    Emmy
    You shouldn't need to pay. Which campaign are you trying to set yourself to?

Some were in Vivec and some were in Sotha. I didnt play in Cyro since the end of the last campaigns, wanted to start today and assign home campaigns (the same campaigns with new names) and have to pay for all of them.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Looks like we identified the issue, and some characters did not receive the free campaign reassignment. This will be resolved during our next downtime for PC.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    PC-NA
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Prior Home: Vivec
    New Home: Kaalgrontiid
    I did participate in the prior, shortened Vivec campaign

I did not get charged 150000 AP. But, maybe some extra data points about who is getting charged and who is not could be helpful.
  • snowmanflvb14_ESO
    snowmanflvb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    So what are we suppose to do while we wait for the next down time for the PC?

Prior Home was Sotha Sil
    New is Bahlokdaan
    Magic is impressive but now Minsc leads SWORDS FOR EVERYONE!!
  • twitch_zero
    twitch_zero
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like we identified the issue, and some characters did not receive the free campaign reassignment. This will be resolved during our next downtime for PC.

I'm being asked to pay 150,000 AP. So we wait a week in that week we are set back a week in terms of campaign ranking. Will you be fixing that retroactively if we play the campaign for a week without it being our home?
    Edited by twitch_zero on 21 May 2019 08:47
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I homed on the 7 day camp for 150k.
    Now i cant enter any other campaign.
    Ill have to stay out of the 7 day for 24 hours, home and pay another 150k on a 30 day, then wait another 24 hours and pay another 150k to home back to the 7 day.

And i cant enter those campaigns for those 24 hours(48 alltogether).

Ill lose my leaderboard progress on the 7 day, i was no2 last night.

The word tedious and overly complicated comes to mind @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • rednhax
    rednhax
    Soul Shriven
    If we paid to join the campaign, will the character get there AP reimburse after the fix?
    Edited by rednhax on 21 May 2019 14:55
  • spacebandit
    spacebandit
    ✭✭✭
    I don’t even have enough saved to join a campaign.
  • DarkerDreams
    DarkerDreams
    ✭✭✭
    Oh lovely, so we have to eat the cost or wait?? Bet if it was a bug that gave us AP instead of taking it, they'd of rolled out a hotfix for it already
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh lovely, so we have to eat the cost or wait?? Bet if it was a bug that gave us AP instead of taking it, they'd of rolled out a hotfix for it already

And if it was a Crown Store issue they'd take the whole game down with no warning. Good job ZO$
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strange. I didn’t get charged anything when I “homed” two characters on Bahlokdaan PC EU.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's not consistent. I homed two characters to Kaal no problem, for the third it wanted to charge me the 150k AP. All had been active on Vivec the previous two campaigns.
  • mcjanzton
    mcjanzton
    Soul Shriven

Will we get the AP back?

I just spent 300k AP for two toons to join.

Very annoying.