Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Anniversary boxes - Outfit Style page or Motif page?

Epona222
Epona222
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
NOT referring to the new companions style pages that are mentioned, but this sentence made me wonder about the motifs we all thought were going to be in the reward crates :

"and on occasion, an Outfit Style page for almost any motif in the game, including Worm Cult Style"

Does this mean that we won't be getting actual motif pages this year but just outfit styles (ie cannot craft in that style, does not count towards motif completion, just apply at the outfit bench?)

@ZOS_GinaBruno - could you please clarify?
GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • rynth
    rynth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You get pages of motifs for crafting and pages of heroes outfits profit, sai, etc
    When asked what he would do for a Klondike bar. Grand Moff Tarkin said "why I would blow up Alderaan."
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    rynth wrote: »
    You get pages of motifs for crafting and pages of heroes outfits profit, sai, etc

That is not what the news article says though, it clearly says an outfit style page for almost any motif in the game, NOT a motif page. Which is why I want clarification.

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »

That is not what the news article says though, it clearly says an outfit style page for almost any motif in the game, NOT a motif page. Which is why I want clarification.

Good catch. The introduction of "style pages" has made the situation more confusing than it needs to be.

That said, considering "style pages" do not exist in the game files for most of the motifs in the game, it is safe to assume that anything currently available as a "motif" is not going to suddenly appear as a "style page" for the event.
  • Huyen
    Huyen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probaly just stylepages wich will be ingame with a patch right before the event starts.
    Huyen Shadowpaw, dedicated nightblade tank - PS4 (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, nightblade dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Lightpaw, templar healer - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, necromancer dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, dragonknight (no defined role yet)

"Failure is only the opportunity to begin again. Only this time, more wisely" - Uncle Iroh
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Starlock wrote: »
    Epona222 wrote: »

Good catch. The introduction of "style pages" has made the situation more confusing than it needs to be.

That said, considering "style pages" do not exist in the game files for most of the motifs in the game, it is safe to assume that anything currently available as a "motif" is not going to suddenly appear as a "style page" for the event.

Aye, I think it is likely that it is just badly phrased, however, a small part of me worries that this is going to be a new thing that I am not going to like :D

• Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new stuff is style pages, the old stuff is motifs.

Why? Because there's no reason for them to remake motifs that already exist into styles. It would just cause the entire system to explode.

Occam's Razor - simplest explanation is the most likely one: "The PR guy who writes those articles just wrote an unclear sentence" vs "they're revamping the entire system of motifs & styles, so that they can drop Style pages of old Motifs".
    Yeah, the first is much more likely.
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno maybe a little bit of clarification?
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new stuff is style pages, the old stuff is motifs.

Why? Because there's no reason for them to remake motifs that already exist into styles. It would just cause the entire system to explode.

Occam's Razor - simplest explanation is the most likely one: "The PR guy who writes those articles just wrote an unclear sentence" vs "they're revamping the entire system of motifs & styles, so that they can drop Style pages of old Motifs".
    Yeah, the first is much more likely.

I agree there is no reason for them to do it, but all we have to go on is what they have said. We're just looking for official clarification. If we don't get that, I suppose we'll all know for sure in 2 days anyway.
  • Edaphon
    Edaphon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    "The PR guy who writes those articles just wrote an unclear sentence"

This.

The PTS patch notes were a lot clearer on the matter: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/455846/pts-patch-notes-v4-3-1
    The Jubilee Gift boxes this year can provide one of over 40 Crafting Motifs (or their Style Items). You can expand the window below for the full list.
    Abah's Watch
    Akaviri
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Ancient Orc
    Apostle
    Ashlander
    Assassins League
    Bloodforge
    Buoyant Armiger
    Celestial
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Dark Brotherhood
    Dead-Water
    Draugr
    Dreadhorn
    Dro-m'Athra
    Dwemer
    Ebonheart Pact
    Ebonshadow
    Elder Argonian
    Fang Lair
    Glass
    Hlaalu
    Huntsman
    Malacath
    Mazzatun
    Mercenary
    Minotaur
    Morag Tong
    Order of the Hour
    Outlaw
    Psijic
    Pyandonean
    Redoran
    Sapiarch
    Scalecaller
    Silken Ring
    Silver Dawn
    Telvanni
    Thieves Guild
    Trinimac
    Welkynar
    Worm Cult
    Xivkyn
    Yokudan

• Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agree with everything that has been said, but the news announcement is so vague it made me wonder, since style page =/= motif page!

The only reason I could think of that might be of benefit to Zenimax to introduce style pages of the regular motifs would be that it might increase sales of outfit change tokens on the crown store, and also make it more likely that people would buy the crafting motifs on the crown store if they weren't dropping so heavily in this coming event - so there is lurking in the back of my mind a potential motive :D

• rynth
    rynth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would rather think that they would post something like this ahead of time or not even deal with the hassle and complication of implementing something like this. It has always been motifs they are not going to change that. You guys need stop reading into things and go back and pickup your security blankets everything will be okay
    When asked what he would do for a Klondike bar. Grand Moff Tarkin said "why I would blow up Alderaan."
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, just some clarification here: if it's one of the Companions' styles it will be a Style Page. If it's a regular Crafting Motif, it will be a Motif Chapter. We're going to update the article to make it a bit clearer.

Thanks!
    Staff Post
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey all, just some clarification here: if it's one of the Companions' styles it will be a Style Page. If it's a regular Crafting Motif, it will be a Motif Chapter. We're going to update the article to make it a bit clearer.

Thanks!

Thanks for the clarification! :)
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • BrightOblivion
    BrightOblivion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks!

Indeed! Thanks very much for clarifying that. I have been planning to tackle my last 8 or so motifs during this event and the odd wording had caused me to worry that would be derailed by a shift to outfit styles (which also have more pieces, exponentially diluting the loot pool).

I'm so glad this isn't the case!
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks!

Thank you!
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

GL of Hearthlight - a NA/PC Housing guild. PM for details/invite!

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That makes more sense, after all, this is the only way to get the Worm Cult motif.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks!

Soooonnn™
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Thanks!

Thank you very much!