The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Murkmire Intro quest available and bugged

• Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smaxx wrote: »
    My character belongs to the Daggerfall Covenant on PC/EU and I could enter the cave just like any other dungeon, not sure if it's related to me doing the quest in Daggerfall.

:lol: Read the post above ^
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • PawadoTheFearless
    Smaxx wrote: »
    My character belongs to the Daggerfall Covenant on PC/EU and I could enter the cave just like any other dungeon, not sure if it's related to me doing the quest in Daggerfall.

Gina said it is only affecting consoles.
  • iaminc
    iaminc
    ✭✭✭✭
    Currently got 30 or so people waiting outside the hollow trying to get it , any update on this bug fix @ZOS_GinaBruno?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Update: Looks like we're able to hotfix this issue. We'll be starting the process to fix in about an hour, and expect to have it finished later this afternoon. Good news is no downtime is required. We'll let you all know as soon as it's finished. Thanks!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • mateosalvaje
    mateosalvaje
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good thing I didn't jump on the prologue :wink:
    I've been wrong before, and I'll be wrong again.
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ty @ZOS_GinaBruno Can everyone chill in this thread so I can bookmark it at the top and get an alert when Gina posts again? ;)
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • TroodonsBite
    TroodonsBite
    ✭✭
    I’ll let the digging team know in Xbox NA. Been working for hours at the hole.
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Same bug appeared on PTS. I guess an old version was pushed out where this was not fixed, because I member it was actually fixed on pts.
    Edited by Alcast on 8 October 2018 16:29
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• msetten
    msetten
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    Same bug appeared on PTS. I guess an old version was pushed out where this was not fixed, because I member it was actually fixed on pts.

This is another reason why there ought to be console testing servers.
  • MarleyRain
    MarleyRain
    ✭✭✭
    Double post my bad
    Edited by MarleyRain on 8 October 2018 16:34
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was bugged on the pts and you would think that they would have put the working version on live . Lol
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update: Looks like we're able to hotfix this issue. We'll be starting the process to fix in about an hour, and expect to have it finished later this afternoon. Good news is no downtime is required. We'll let you all know as soon as it's finished. Thanks!

Is this the same mystical hotfix that you guys have denied having the ability to do before?
  • UnseenCat
    UnseenCat
    ✭✭✭✭
    I seem to recall there have been other live (no server downtime) hotfixes.

These are likely client-side-only, and don't have extensive dependencies. But in a large MMO, those tend to be rare. Especially the dependencies bit.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It was bugged on the pts and you would think that they would have put the working version on live . Lol

They did. That is why it works on PC.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    valeriiya wrote: »

Is this the same mystical hotfix that you guys have denied having the ability to do before?

No, because there was no Murkmire prologue quest before to hotfix.

But I guess you really just wanted to be snarky, regardless of whether it made sense.
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

well technically it looks like they fixed the issue for Live release on PC, but forgot to include the fix for the console megaservers...
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a sad day indeed when i can't even be bothered to write a snarky comment anymore.

Just gonna get another cup of coffee and pretend i didn't just read this thread ...
    sleep.gif
  • iGuavaTH
    iGuavaTH
    ✭✭✭
    For those of you running into issues, which alliance are you?

DC. PS4 EU.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

• TimeWizard
    TimeWizard
    ✭✭✭
    I finished the intro quest, but now I am unable to complete the dailies. I picked up the Salty Meats one and it shows me where to go, but none of the mammoths are dropping steaks.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It appears as though this is only affecting console megaservers. We're in the process of getting this fixed, and will let you know when we have an ETA.

Does this fix have to go through certification, meaning we won't be able to do this until 2 weeks from now?

I don't know why I'm surprised, as this is really par for the course. But it still baffles me how they continue to release content that doesn't actually work.

EDIT:

Thanks, Gina! Glad it's something you can hotfix. Even if you had to take the server down, as long as it's not something that has to go through the usual cert with MS is great.

Still, though, why did this even happen?
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on 8 October 2018 17:47
  • Floydianlaw
    I couldn’t access Sunless Hollow 30 minutes ago. Just logged into an alt for a few for writs then back and it worked fine now.
    Max CP long, long ago... 16 max chars.
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭

PS4 EU EP - still bugged for me

PS4 EU - StamDK
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭

AD
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep stuck outside Sunless Hollow right now on Xbox/EU - it sucks. Don't know what permissions I'm supposed to have to get in there.

Pc ... You have to have a pc ... Consoles are being phased out by bugs ....not on purpose just through sheer stupidity

Pc report the problem on PTS fix it for live on pc but still ignore the console users

Grrrrrrrrr arrrggggggghhhhh
  • Jolipinator
    Jolipinator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Worked for me now.
    PS5 EU.
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ruthless competition suppose to find a elegant jacket and an assistant but it doesn't show any way points on my map where to look for them i think this might be bugged also
    Edited by Jake1576 on 8 October 2018 18:07
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Update: The fix has been applied to all console megaservers. Thanks for your patience, everyone.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    molecule wrote: »
    New content bugged ?

Well at least Zos are consistent

I guess they are competing with Bethesda to see who can make the most buggiest game. :p
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update: The fix has been applied to all console megaservers. Thanks for your patience, everyone.

Thanks Natches!
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.