Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Fang Lair and Scalecaller Motifs Now Available

• the_Beard
    the_Beard
    ✭✭✭
    What about those of us that currently have a broken crown-store purchased fang lair motif sitting in our inventory? Are those going to have to be handled individually via customer service?
    Edited by the_Beard on 27 June 2018 18:48
    theBeard - PC NA cp1200+
    • Scores: vCR 127,735 | vHoF 213,293 | vAS 113,203 | vMoL 160,447 | vSO 177,706 (WR) | vHRC 154,658 | vAA 147,466 | vDSA 46k
    • Gryphon Heart / Immortal Redeemer / Tick-Tock Tormentor / Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    • Flawless Conqueror x11 - All Classes Mag & Stam
    • 32k+ Achievement Points (global)
    • Former Emperor / Grand Master Crafter / Master Angler
    • AR Palatine Rank 35
  • DeadlyPhoenix
    DeadlyPhoenix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we please get a new server on the crown store that all players can chip in towards? Maybe then the servers will get this kind of attention.

[Edit to remove discussing moderator actions and bashing]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on 27 June 2018 18:47
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EvilCroc wrote: »
    I hope we will not have same issues tomorrow with Tsaesci motif.
    We already double checked that and it's not affected.

Ghost12584 wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

Recently we've had to remove several unneeded posts pushing down more helpful and informative posts. Happy to hear dropped motifs are able to be consumed without issue. We understand this can be an upsetting time for many, but please refrain from posting content only meant to bash or flame. For further posts be sure to stay constructive and respectful with the Forum Rules in mind to prevent derailing the thread.

Thank you for understanding.

So what are you doing about the motifs purchased in the crown store or whether or not you’ll be placing them back in for a limited time?
    We'll be putting these motifs back in the Crown Store after we push out a fix, which likely won't be until the next incremental patch (it's not something that can be hotfixed).

As far as the in-game drops, we're currently confirming if these have similar issues or if anything needs to be done. Stay tuned...

@ZOS_GinaBruno Would you consider updating the original post in this thread to say they're available in the game and will later be available in the crown store then to save folks reading several pages to discover this? Thank you.
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • Yinmaigao
    Yinmaigao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man, thankfully I am at work?

How many crowns where they charging for these things anyways?
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Hello everyone,

Recently we've had to remove several unneeded posts pushing down more helpful and informative posts. Happy to hear dropped motifs are able to be consumed without issue. We understand this can be an upsetting time for many, but please refrain from posting content only meant to bash or flame. For further posts be sure to stay constructive and respectful with the Forum Rules in mind to prevent derailing the thread.

So what are you doing about the motifs purchased in the crown store or whether or not you’ll be placing them back in for a limited time?
    We'll be putting these motifs back in the Crown Store after we push out a fix, which likely won't be until the next incremental patch (it's not something that can be hotfixed).

As far as the in-game drops, we're currently confirming if these have similar issues or if anything needs to be done. Stay tuned...

Will we get a refund if we submit a ticket?
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
  • Mahabahabtha
    Mahabahabtha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What if

i bought it,

i sold it,

The customer bought it for 3 Million Gold from me is declaring verbal war on me now,

can i have my crowns back plz ..... :*
    "In fact, I’ve met more PVEers that are worse at PvE than PvPers."
  • Aimora
    Aimora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, maybe next time they will launch the motif in-game as drops like they did before and then release the motif in the CS as they did previously.
    Aimora Gilidhren - 50 Hybrid Sorcerer
    Aimae Gilihdril - 50Templar Healer
    Aimsae Astasia - 50 Templar Tank
    Aimellie Halfpenny - 50 Nightblade spinning DPS
    Sofae Ethelbur - 50 Dragonknight Tank
    Sha'Mash 50 - Nightblade - Former Empress
    Saelenor Wilihfren 50 - Templar No. 3
    Seliene Harbingerin 50 - DK in training
    Aims For Equanimity 10 - Magicka DK

Circle of the Phoenix - Guild Mistress
    Elysium - Guild 2nd in Command
    Auridon Trading Company - Joint GM

Looking for a friendly, progress focused guild check us out at thecircleofthephoenix.gamerlaunch.com/

Check me out at Anook anook.com/aimora
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    the_Beard wrote: »
    What about those of us that currently have a broken crown-store purchased fang lair motif sitting in our inventory? Are those going to have to be handled individually via customer service?
    We're currently discussing how this will be handled, and we'll let you know as soon as we can.

Tevalaur wrote: »

Hello everyone,

@ZOS_GinaBruno Would you consider updating the original post in this thread to say they're available in the game and will later be available in the crown store then to save folks reading several pages to discover this? Thank you.
    Sure! Good idea.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And do we still have no word on what’s going on on zos’s end?

Why, after reading this thread, would you assume that there is anyone who knows what's going on over there?

@Cage_Lizardman
    Going forward, I'm trying to be more respectful...cause I appreciate Gina being active in the forums so much.

While its often frustrating I do often wonder if in her head she thinks to herself.....GEEZ these people must think we are all idiots. Sure things go wrong but its every crown store, and dlc or patch update that new items and existing go wrong.

*In my observation the company doesn't quality check anything much more than if it seems to not break the game but even there, we get updates that crash or cause a lot of crashes. I bet Gina spends a lot of time sending inter-office messages, emails and walking about with her laptop. SO much so, I often wonder if she's traded her chair in for a roll around desk stool

rolling-forward-an-office-chair-what-is-something-that-will-18988390.png

Problably others see her like this tho
    see-me-rolling-hating_c_164432.jpg
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on 27 June 2018 19:06
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fang Lair veteran dungeon, first boss keeps resetting. Can you move some devs from the crown store to the bugfixing department? Thank you...

You can't use pets in that dungeon. They reset all the bosses for some reason. So that means wardens can't complete this content. But it's okay, we're so bad almost no one wants us on their team anyway. Pet sorcs can just respec.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on 27 June 2018 19:05
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Will the main site be updated for those who don't check the forum?
  • JiDul
    JiDul
    ✭✭✭
    So you mean we will have to wait another 2 months for them to be put back in the crown store because of a "bug" you found... Just like the Tsaesci Motif... great..
  • Jimmy
    Jimmy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do we need a PTS for motif releases now?

PC NA
    @SkruDe
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the_Beard wrote: »
    We're currently discussing how this will be handled, and we'll let you know as soon as we can.

Tevalaur wrote: »

Hello everyone,

Sure! Good idea.

Will people who learned the motif but didn't get the achievement be locked out of the achievement?
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cazzy wrote: »
    Will the main site be updated for those who don't check the forum?
    [removed image]
    Edited by ZOS_JesC on 27 June 2018 19:21
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • JiDul
    JiDul
    ✭✭✭
    Gigasax wrote: »
    at least they are available in the crown store, so we dont have to wait till the next major update for a fix xD

Nope they were removed from the crown store because of a "bug"... yes we will have to wait for another major update
  • lishybach
    lishybach
    ✭✭
    So she said “We'll be putting these motifs back in the Crown Store after we push out a fix, which likely won't be until the next incremental patch”.
    When does that incremental patch happen?
  • Darauk
    Darauk
    ✭✭
    [quote="ZOS_GinaBruno;d-422088"They will be re-added in the next incremental patch with the fix.[/quote]

When is the next incremental patch scheduled for?
    - Darauk
  • Mahabahabtha
    Mahabahabtha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GEEZ these people must think we are all idiots.

To prevent myself from being banned again, i leave this uncommented o:)

"In fact, I’ve met more PVEers that are worse at PvE than PvPers."
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why in the names of Akatosh, Mara, Dibella, Julianos, Stendarr, Zenithar, Kynareth, Arkay, and Talos did you guys wait A WHOLE DAM MONTH to release these?!
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • XGCAlbatr0ss
    XGCAlbatr0ss
    ✭✭✭
    Atleast the motifs dropped from doing the dungeons will actually be worth some gold now. At least for a little while.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Update on the in-game Motif drops:

For now, hold off on learning the Scalecaller Motif or pages until the next incremental patch. For PC, this is scheduled for next Monday. For console, it'll be in about 3 weeks (we have some other fixes going into that patch). If you have a character that is currently unable to learn the Fang Lair Motif - which is tied to learning the Scalecaller Motif first - it should also be resolved in the next patch.

Fang Lair veteran dungeon, first boss keeps resetting. Can you move some devs from the crown store to the bugfixing department? Thank you...

You can't use pets in that dungeon. They reset all the bosses for some reason. So that means wardens can't complete this content. But it's okay, we're so bad almost no one wants us on their team anyway. Pet sorcs can just respec.
    For what it's worth, we're currently working on a fix for this.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rip
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is not clear to me how this affects in-game page drops from dungeon bosses. We can safely learn Fang Lair pages but not Scalecaller? Or is everything bugged and we should not learn any pages of Scalecaller or Fang Lair until after Monday's patch?
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    It is not clear to me how this affects in-game page drops from dungeon bosses. We can safely learn Fang Lair pages but not Scalecaller? Or is everything bugged and we should not learn any pages of Scalecaller or Fang Lair until after Monday's patch?

@Dagoth_Rac Essentially if you learn scalecaller first - it will break fang lair ones. "which is tied to learning the Scalecaller Motif first" is the key to that.

Learning fang lair first doesn't appear to wreck anything though.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • HippieTheGreat
    HippieTheGreat
    ✭✭✭

For now, hold off on learning the Scalecaller Motif or pages until the next incremental patch. For PC, this is scheduled for next Monday. For console, it'll be in about 3 weeks (we have some other fixes going into that patch). If you have a character that is currently unable to learn the Fang Lair Motif - which is tied to learning the Scalecaller Motif first - it should also be resolved in the next patch.

@ZOS_GinaBruno So does this mean the crown store version of the motifs will be back on monday as well?
  • Velocious_Curse
    Velocious_Curse
    ✭✭✭

Sooooo PvP on console has been completely broke since Summerset launch. We have to wait 3 more weeks? That almost 2 months of unplayable PvP and you're telling me you cant get a "quick fix" out for that? What a joke.

Edited by Velocious_Curse on 27 June 2018 19:53
    2100cp- Xbox
    MagSorc x2(1 Grand Overlord)
    Magplar x2(1 Grand Overlord)
    MagDK x2 (2 Grand Overlords)
    Magblade (Grand Overloard)
    MagDen x2
    Stamplar x2
    Stamblade x2
    StamDK
    Necro x2
    Arc
    170cp-PC
    MagSorc
    Stamplar
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wait so we can't learn in-game ones? So are they being removed also?
    Edited by Cazzy on 27 June 2018 19:56
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

@ZOS_GinaBruno So does this mean the crown store version of the motifs will be back on monday as well?
    For PC, yes.

Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    Sorry, yes. If you haven't learned Scalecaller yet, you can still learn Fang Lair successfully. Basically what we found is if you learn Scalecaller first, then Fang Lair, that was causing Fang Lair not to work properly.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • gangyzgirl
    gangyzgirl
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, that's disappointing. So because I learned Scalecaller first I have a motif sitting in my inventory that was 5000 crowns that I can't use? Is there an estimated time as to whether we will be refunded the crowns or that it will be made so we can actually learn these books?