Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Rune Prison too slow?

pkb16_ESO2
pkb16_ESO2
✭✭✭
Hi,
Rune Prison seems too slow to be useful. Im not even sure if it is possible to cast a meteor and stun Opponent directly bevor it hits him, like the MagDk Meteor forsi Combo.
Am i using it wrong? Could anybody used it as combo with Meteor?
Thx
  • ZOS_KevinO
    ZOS_KevinO
    ✭✭✭
    Hey @pkb16_ESO2,
    we moved your thread from the German into the English "PvP Combat & Skills" section.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Moderation Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Totally agree. For an "Instant Cast" it has a tremendously long cast time.

The basic problem seems to be that there is a sort of "travel time". Your opponent will not get stunned until you basically finished the animation. So when you AC it, what you get is a very delayed CC. That can actually be a benefit sometimes, as you can then time all your burst into that CC window. Especially due to the next part, which is mostly annoying as hell;

The skill will not cast or give anything, if target is CC immune. So you can be clicking your button like a mad, and not really knowing if you are simply not targeting correctly, or of opponent is simply CC immune. This is the worst part for me. I will AC it on my backbar. So when my opponent is not CC'ed, i have no clue if i messed up my AC, if i missed Targeting og if he was simply CC immune.

Above is my experience so far at least. Will try some addon for the Immunity part.
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. The animation is horrible. It’s like the negate animation but the cast just plays and the Rune Cage globe appears after 1s or so in front of your char and then hops to the opponent you actually wanted to CC. Its really not reliable.
    Edited by Feanor on 25 October 2017 11:17
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So basically it's use streak offensively or go the destructive reach route?
  • Jurand80
    Jurand80
    ✭✭✭✭
    yep. that or switch to stamblade like i did.
    Edited by Jurand80 on 25 October 2017 11:39
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    grannas211 wrote: »
    So basically it's use streak offensively or go the destructive reach route?

Reach can be blocked and dodged, making its CC unreliable at best and totally useless at worst.
    Streak doesn't go through block. CC duration is so short it's actually better to conserve the stamina and not break it. It puts you at an awkard position, making landing that Frag difficult. And its cost stacks, so using it as your main CC can cost you escapability.

Sadly, I'm afraid we'll have to deal with the travel time.
    :(