The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.2 is available.

Provision skill line bug in PTS

Clefor
Clefor
✭✭
After creating a Clockwork city PTS template character, the provision skill line looks reach level 50, but actually can't cook anything when active the cooking station, even have known all recipes, have materials, and done all provision passive.
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a dumb question....
    You did put skill points into the appropriate skills to craft the item you are trying and have the materials to craft it also, right?
  • Clefor
    Clefor
    ✭✭
    You did put skill points into the appropriate skills to craft the item you are trying and have the materials to craft it also, right?

Yes i did
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clefor wrote: »

Yes i did

That's why I suspected my question was dumb. It was worth asking, just in case.
  • Jerdeh
    Jerdeh
    ✭✭✭
    Clefor wrote: »
    After creating a Clockwork city PTS template character, the provision skill line looks reach level 50, but actually can't cook anything when active the cooking station, even have known all recipes, have materials, and done all provision passive.

I have the same problem as well. I know all the recipes and have the crafting materials and the skills, just can't craft anything. Everything shows as red in the crafting section.
    Been playing since betas 2014
  • Supportic
    Supportic
    ✭✭
    I have the same problem. All recipes listed but not craftable.
    All skills maxed out and materials collected.
    World 2nd Tick-Tock Tormentor ☑
    Immortal Redeemer ☑
    Gryphon Heart ☑
    HARDwithSTYLE
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anybody try respeccing skills and see if that corrects the problem?
  • Mauin
    Mauin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've noticed the same issue here, but it's also happening to my main, and she definitely was not a template character. It's like the game is totally ignoring the skill points in Provisioning. I have no characters on the PTS who can craft food and a lot of furnishings can't be crafted as well.

On a semi-related note, the Enchanter Hireling is also bugged and sending constant mails every time I switch zones when on my main, even though I removed the points from it.
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mauin wrote: »
    On a semi-related note, the Enchanter Hireling is also bugged and sending constant mails every time I switch zones when on my main, even though I removed the points from it.

I once had a hireling on live continue to mail my account after I deleted the character that had the hireling skill even. Sometimes it just keeps coming. That's dedication.
    Every time you zone though....they'll probably fix that asap because of how much free stuff you can get.
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Anybody try respeccing skills and see if that corrects the problem?

A respec did not fix the problem for me.
  • imokie2609
    imokie2609
    ✭✭✭
    I had the same problem on a template DK.
    Then I created a Warden from template, and that one did not have the problem.
    Edited by imokie2609 on 19 September 2017 17:41
  • Caff32
    Caff32
    ✭✭✭✭
    I used a template Sorc and couldn't craft any food despite knowing the recipes, having the skill, and having the materials.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks all, we're digging into this issue.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Auldjohn
    Auldjohn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also issues with the template Templar. Skipped The Wailing Prison because I expected something like Rewards for the Worthy Mail. As a result arrived in Mournhold clad in underwear, as we're many others. Headed to the Crown Store and bought Masters set. Limited armor, weapons and shields. Scrounged through Inventory and pieced together mismatched Heavy set. Donned everything but found myself barefoot! Don't want to enter Clockwork City this way. :(. Give a warning or some other way of acquiring appropriate equipment for CC, please!
    @AuldjohnThe Elder Sages' GuildMaster Sage & Co-Founderfacebook.com/groups/theeldersagesguild
    "Old gamers never die; they just respawn and game on!" • Our Slogan: Have Fun!!

Moot Envoy • Tamriel Foundry Adept • Steam ID Auldjohn
    YouTube auldjohnmastersage • Twitch AuldjohnPCGamer• Steam Group TESGs
  • Sylphex
    Sylphex
    ✭✭
    Auldjohn wrote: »
    Also issues with the template Templar. Skipped The Wailing Prison because I expected something like Rewards for the Worthy Mail. As a result arrived in Mournhold clad in underwear, as we're many others. Headed to the Crown Store and bought Masters set. Limited armor, weapons and shields. Scrounged through Inventory and pieced together mismatched Heavy set. Donned everything but found myself barefoot! Don't want to enter Clockwork City this way. :(. Give a warning or some other way of acquiring appropriate equipment for CC, please!

Have you tried other class templates? Because that's what the PTS templates do. They drop you naked in the Mournhold City Centre building and everything you need is basically in the coffers in your inventory.
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sylphex wrote: »
    Auldjohn wrote: »

Have you tried other class templates? Because that's what the PTS templates do. They drop you naked in the Mournhold City Centre building and everything you need is basically in the coffers in your inventory.

It's not only template characters. None of my copied characters can create any food or drinks despite being fully maxed out in the skill line with all necessary skill points applied, recipes learned and ingredients available.
  • Sylphex
    Sylphex
    ✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »
    It's not only template characters. None of my copied characters can create any food or drinks despite being fully maxed out in the skill line with all necessary skill points applied, recipes learned and ingredients available.

I was talking about the problem(?) Auldjohn is experiencing. But yes, none of the characters can craft provisioning stuff and it's rough.
  • Lady_Rosabella
    Lady_Rosabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not just a template problem because 3 of my copied characters can not craft any provisioning even though they are maxed out in all passives and know almost all recipes. I was able to load one character that was able to make foods/drink, but she does not know all the recipes.
  • feyii
    feyii
    ✭✭✭✭
    My character copy from live has the same problem. The template character I created, on the other hand, can craft all provisioning stuff. Both are sorcerers (live char is Dark Elf, template is Khajiit), so it doesn't seem to be a class problem.
    Edited by feyii on 23 September 2017 21:03