Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

Virtual Reality support?

GreenSoup2HoT
GreenSoup2HoT
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I'm not really sure if this topic has been brought up or not. I recently after the holidays purchased the play-station vr, i was wondering if ESO would offer support sometime in 2017. @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
PS4 NA DC
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How would you go about getting the VR to work with third person?
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
    Options
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    How would you go about getting the VR to work with third person?

Here's a little image i drew up to describe how third person works with VR. (I didn't include the Y or Z axis, im not going into that much detail).

tumblr_oittdcf1Wx1uqasspo1_400.png

The red line is what we use to see with are mouse. You can rotate it 360 degrees around you and are characters body is the point of reference. No matter where you look, you will always see your character.

With VR you would be able to look in any direction (like a sphere) on any point of the red circle with the green dot ive drawn as the point of reference. This means with VR it would be possible to look behind you and not see your own character. Im not sure how far Zenimax would go but it would be possible to include another axis so you could lean forward or backward with your VR headset but its not necessary for ESO.

Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on 27 December 2016 04:41
    PS4 NA DC
    Options
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    God I would hate being ganked in VR lol
    Options
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DannyLV702 wrote: »

If your playing first person... would be scary for sure. Third person not so much.
    PS4 NA DC
    Options
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you were playing in first person, most of the spells would straight up give you a stroke.
    Options
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you were playing in first person, most of the spells would straight up give you a stroke.

Have seen enough sh!te IRL for that. Seriously, a firework display in the hoodlums make ESO spells look like baby stuff.
    Options
  • OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/08/23/zenimax-oculus-rift-lawsuit-john-carmack-took-tech/amp/

Zenimax was/still is in a lawsuit against occulus......siting the fact that rift wouldn't be anything without the code from zenimax blah blah....so just think, they might of actually.wanted to do vr for eso
    Options
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Ganked would be heaven compared to 2 FPS stutter frames. You'd puke. It's called VR sickness
    Options
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    runagate wrote: »

Ganked would be heaven compared to 2 FPS stutter frames. You'd puke. It's called VR sickness

That sounds fun as hell
    Options
  • Kova
    Kova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've made it work with the Samsung gear vr headset and a 3rd party streaming service, but the phone doesn't handle high res very well. Locked at about 30fps with full sbs 3d and motion control.

That aside, eso use to work with the oculus and vorpx...but that fell through after the dx11 stuff. A shame too, it was near perfect.

EP Sorc: Aydinn
    AD Stamplar: Verdant`Knight
    DC Stamblade: Apple`Punch
    EP Stam Sorc: Kós
    AD DragonKnight: Transmigrant
    EP NIghtblade: Aydinn
    Options