The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Necromancer Animations / Ultimate

Schared
Schared
✭✭✭
Aloha, basicly since the pts went live ive been playing around with the necromancer.
Besides some balancing issues iam mostly concerned about the animations fluidity - now being from EU that might be largely affected by bad ping however ive had NA players voice the same opinion. It appears that the spamable Flame Skull and morphs are uncomfortable to weave for some - perhaps something more forcepulse-esc would be possible making the skull launch from the weapon instead of the casters hand.

Additionally excluding Frozen Collosus ultimate and morphs - there seems quite limited use in pve for the other 2 ultimates. While i can see some colossus potencial in the realm of pvp i think the ressurection ultimate is limiting.
I get with the applied ghost-phase after ressurecting that might be quite helpful to jump right back into the action without a massive timeloss - yet i cant help but wonder who should run such an ultimate. It most likely comes down to tanks or healers, which if they need to ressurect have failed their initial purpose already. Now i do see the potencial for progress groups and wont argue that it will be nice for some people. But i wouldnt encourage nor design an ultimate around failure - perhaps atleast give us another morph. The 3 blastbones seem alright but how about a kind of desecrated ground ability - offering debuffs like slows and drains and perhaps some damage over time - but iam just spitballing here.
cleared AA once i know what iam doing