The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Undaunted Celebration Event Follow-up

ZOS_RichLambert
ZOS_RichLambert
Creative Director
As most of you know, the recently completed Undaunted Celebration Event in ESO was plagued with Activity Finder issues. We had similar problems last year, but we thought they were resolved - unfortunately this year the demand once again overwhelmed this particular system, especially during prime-time hours. This led to a really frustrating experience for many of you, so we are going to address the situation by making Mysterious Reward Boxes available during the New Life festival, which starts soon.

This is the way it will work: A Mysterious Reward Box will be given as a bonus reward for completing your first New Life daily quest each day, per account. This means that the first New Life Festival daily you complete on your account will grant one New Life Reward Box, one Event Ticket, and one Mysterious Reward Box. This should help grant you the rewards that you couldn't get through the Activity Finder.

Additionally, we will not hold another in-game event that requires the Activity Finder until we are 100% confident that the tool can support it. Stay tuned for details on that.
Rich Lambert
Creative Director - The Elder Scrolls Online
Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube
Staff Post
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for doing this instead of extending the event.
  • DR4GONFL1
    DR4GONFL1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great solution! Thanks, you guys are da best...
  • Arciris
    Arciris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very elegant and nice gesture. Thank you ZOS. Awesome <3
  • BWS2K
    BWS2K
    ✭✭✭
    Is there any word about costumes being in the boxes, @ZOS_RichLambert ? I've seen a lot of folks who opened many, many boxes and nobody received one but they were mentioned in the tagline for the event. Maybe just super-rare?

Either way, I erect the Spine of Gratitiude - stay moist, beeko!
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the loot pool in the boxes the same?
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Suddwrath
    Suddwrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you!

giphy.gif
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good solution, and thanks for the transparency.
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
  • Jakx
    Jakx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get on ZoS a lot for not being in tune with the community and seemingly missing out on easy opportunities to embrace the player-base. This is the first time in awhile that ZoS has hit the mark and should be commended. Great move and keep up the good work :)
    Joined September 2013
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This post is like early Christmas present. Thank you so much, @ZOS_RichLambert
  • Sievertsv
    Sievertsv
    ✭✭✭
    wow now thats what i call customer service great solution! will probably buy a crown crate for the first time to celebrate
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nicely done.
  • SwoopIM
    SwoopIM
    ✭✭✭
    Very nice! Thank you for this gesture!
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you for addressing this.
    An honest answer, an acknowledgment and a favourable solution.
    All round, a very positive announcement.
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • Inarre
    Inarre
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the communication. It's enraging when the group finder doesn't work on a regular day, but it makes smoke pour out our ears when it doesn't work as an integral part of a hyped event.

It's really reassuring to know you guys are looking into it and acknowledge the communities frustrations. Thank you for checking in!
  • Maotti
    Maotti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, :'( This means i have another chance of getting a Bone dragon pet? :'(

This makes me happy! <3<3<3 Thanks @ZOS_RichLambert , have a virtual hug!
    PC EU
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maotti wrote: »
    So, :'( This means i have another chance of getting a Bone dragon pet? :'(

This makes me happy! <3<3<3 Thanks @ZOS_RichLambert , have a virtual hug!

* hands @Maotti a tissue *
  • Alex_Lex
    Alex_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you, guys!

Cheers for everyone!
    Edited by Alex_Lex on 6 December 2018 15:39
    EU: Beatrice gra-Brog, Rebellie, Yshterie, Jearra , Lirielline
    Christess, Fleuretta, Jubilee Cake, Braviliana, Onyxette
    M'adjirra, Dances-around-Nirn, Nerieth, Estrice, Ann der Wood
    Éternelle, Burns-all-the-babies, Jyggurag
    NA: Dice Twice, Nikka from the barrel
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Great!
  • Lascelly
    Lascelly
    ✭✭✭
    Whoa what? This is kinda....nice and unexpected.
    I do stuff, and things happen!

#NordLivesMatter
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the communication @ZOS_RichLambert . A logical and thoughtful way of compensating the community for the hardships faced during the undaunted event. I appreciate it.

Again, thank you.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Malem_Benign
    Malem_Benign
    ✭✭✭
    As most of you know, the recently completed Undaunted Celebration Event in ESO was plagued with Activity Finder issues. We had similar problems last year, but we thought they were resolved - unfortunately this year the demand once again overwhelmed this particular system, especially during prime-time hours. This led to a really frustrating experience for many of you, so we are going to address the situation by making Mysterious Reward Boxes available during the New Life festival, which starts soon.

This is the way it will work: A Mysterious Reward Box will be given as a bonus reward for completing your first New Life daily quest each day, per account. This means that the first New Life Festival daily you complete on your account will grant one New Life Reward Box, one Event Ticket, and one Mysterious Reward Box. This should help grant you the rewards that you couldn't get through the Activity Finder.

Additionally, we will not hold another in-game event that requires the Activity Finder until we are 100% confident that the tool can support it. Stay tuned for details on that.

Great idea! Thanks for that!
  • Elissae
    Elissae
    ✭✭✭
    Bravo! :blush:
  • VoiDGhOs7
    VoiDGhOs7
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice way to announce that the group finder will never get fixed :lol:
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many thanks!

Lovely goody boxes. All for this one!

Even at Fishmas there are some things too good to be shared with an orc yes.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks!
  • ThorinOakenshield86
    Very good solution, especially for people with few characters. Now they can get more boxes for the whole even than they made for 1-2 days of undaunted event. Also you should remove rewards from group finders long ago, but still...better late than never. Hope you guys will now listen your customers here and pay more attention. Keep up the good work
  • DenniMyuu
    DenniMyuu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why not just skip the Activity Finder for the Undaunted event and make the box drop from the daily pledges hand-in next year?
    Possessed Myuutikora | Argonian | Templar | Healer | Master Angler • Goddess Goni | Argonian | Warden | Healer
    » vMSA Flawless • vDSA • vHRC HM • vAA HM • vSO HM • vMOL HM • vHOF HM • vAS +2 • vCR +3 • vBRP «

» finally retired | Goni & Guar ♥ « | » PC EU Vivec « | » since beta «
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aww very nice! Thank you!!

QuNwEq5.gif
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you, Zen masters!
This discussion has been closed.