The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

What happened to Murkmire?

Snowstrider
Snowstrider
✭✭✭✭✭
Anyone here remember that upcoming adventure zone called Murkmire? It was set in black marsch and looked awesome.

Anyone know what happened to it? Did it get cancelled? Is it still an adventure zone? Still planned? It feels like ages i first heard about it.
  • SleepyTroll
    SleepyTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's allready complete, they just waiting for the right time to release it Wich will probably be after one tamriel so it doesn't end up like craglorn. If it's not allready complete well then it's obviously on the back burner seeing as they are working on vvardenfel and housing.
  • bedlom
    bedlom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It got put aside with spellcrafting when the development team changed not too long after the Murkmire announcement.
    It wasn't cancelled like the justice system was so we will see it eventually.
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some of the recent content points to Murkmire still being worked on. There is a map at one of the guild traders in Orsinium that highlights an area of Black Marsh that isn't in the game yet. One quest in the Dark Brotherhood has you go into Black Marsh, and Ruins of Mazzatun gives more insight into the Argonian culture.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's allready complete, they just waiting for the right time to release it Wich will probably be after one tamriel so it doesn't end up like craglorn. If it's not allready complete well then it's obviously on the back burner seeing as they are working on vvardenfel and housing.

I honestly suspect Mirkmire will come before Vvardenfell. I'm a little surprised that Hist wasn't the Murkmire release. Once 11 drops on the consoles, we'll probably have a better idea what's next. Given the timing since Wrothgar, Murkmire being released at the same time as Tam1 wouldn't surprise me.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's finished or very near completion. They're waiting to release it and likely updating stuff overtime.

Eventually we will have it!
    Edited by Vaoh on 9 August 2016 04:54
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Here's what happened: the backlash against Craglorn, easily the least-completed expansion, convinced the designers to revamp "adventure zones" in the future. Needless to say, all of us old-timers leveled quite a few VRs there when the path from VR 12 to VR 14 pretty much only happened in a pile of wasps.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What happened? "One Tamriel" happened... which put all other 'large content' on hold because of limited developer resources.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    runagate wrote: »
    Here's what happened: the backlash against Craglorn, easily the least-completed expansion, convinced the designers to revamp "adventure zones" in the future. Needless to say, all of us old-timers leveled quite a few VRs there when the path from VR 12 to VR 14 pretty much only happened in a pile of wasps.
    Agreed. Considering the backlash against Craglorn's forced grouping segments, they most likely decided to redesign Murkmire. Considering also the unspecified "changes" that are coming to Craglorn, it's possible that the "Adventure Zone" concept has been very significantly altered, if not scrapped altogether. And then you have the Shadows of the Hist, which to me looks like they pulled out some of the dungeons they had designed for Murkmire and released them separately; the more Argonian-focused things I see being released that are not Murkmire, the more I think they are just pulling all the assets for Murkmire apart.

But I do believe they have said it is still planned, which is good, as I have been looking forward to seeing the Naga and some Argonian content that is not Saxhleel.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Even if they keep Murkmire group-only, I believe a good part of Craglorn's problem was that it was late-game VR ranked, which One Tamriel should fix. And hopefully they avoid any more, 'you must have X many people to pass' switches for the die-hard solo-ers.
    Enodoc wrote: »
    But I do believe they have said it is still planned, which is good, as I have been looking forward to seeing the Naga and some Argonian content that is not Saxhleel.

Second this.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I hope it will come too!!
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sinces they changed the way they do the DLCs to smaller and more frequent who knows they probably going to chop it up into several pieces so instead of what would have been one DLC for one price will get the same contest and pay 3x for it
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    runagate wrote: »
    Agreed. Considering the backlash against Craglorn's forced grouping segments, they most likely decided to redesign Murkmire. Considering also the unspecified "changes" that are coming to Craglorn, it's possible that the "Adventure Zone" concept has been very significantly altered, if not scrapped altogether. And then you have the Shadows of the Hist, which to me looks like they pulled out some of the dungeons they had designed for Murkmire and released them separately; the more Argonian-focused things I see being released that are not Murkmire, the more I think they are just pulling all the assets for Murkmire apart.

Oh man, if Craglorn becomes solo friendly, I'm going to be over the moon.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sinces they changed the way they do the DLCs to smaller and more frequent who knows they probably going to chop it up into several pieces so instead of what would have been one DLC for one price will get the same contest and pay 3x for it

That's exactly what ZoS once said. It's more beneficial for them, to release many smaller expansions a year and get payed for it, then just a few big ones.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard that it was being redesigned from an Adventure Zone to a regular zone.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember reading somewhere that Kai Schober said at the BE3 afterparty this year that Murkmire is going to be a regular zone like Wrothgar. Didn't say why, but I'd assume it's due to how empty Craglorn is. No one at ZOS wants to spend all that effort on a zone if no one's going to play it after a few weeks.
    Honestly, I hope Craglorn remains the first and last Adventure Zone, barring a massive redesign of Adventure Zones.
    Edited by Lord_Draevan on 9 August 2016 12:09
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
  • kampori
    kampori
    ✭✭✭
    Is there any news for any Dominion-related expansions?? ie, Elsewyr or Summerset Isles? (And I hope you don't count the one raid about Khajiit)

DC got Orc's Wrothgar, ZOS shafted the poor lizards in EP with 2 dungeons (but with talks of Murkmire and Vvardenffel- EP races will have 2.5 DLCs based on them).

What do us poor cats and elves get?
    This Is Not Here
  • jeedrzej
    jeedrzej
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pink trees
    Jeedrzej - Magica Dragonknight lvl 50
    Ealian Elieilijas - Magica Sorcerer lvl 50
    Enerias Kazner - Magica Templar lvl 50
    Marcelius SIlny - Stamina Dragonknight lvl 50
    Anvena Kazner - Stamina NIghtblade lvl 50
    Arcynekromantka Anastazja - Magica Nightblade lvl 50
    Threiva Krwawooka - Stamina Sorcerer lvl 50
    Anvena Karen - Stamina Templat lvl 50
    Furia Dorathis - Stamina Dragonknight lvl 50
    Verinia Dziecię Światła - Magica Templar lvl 50
    Anwen Llenariolis - Magica Warden lvl 50
    Welandil Mroźne Serce - Magicka Warden lvl 50
    Brunein Silny - Stamina Warden lvl 50
    Jilialis Szept Nocy - Magicka Sorcerer lvl 50
    Dareiva Tancerka Cieni - Stamina NIghtblade lvl 50
    Doweriusz Desson - Magicka Necromancer lvl 40

Achievement Hunter
    32560 Achievement Points
    CP1203
    3916 collected books
    305 days in-game
  • Snowstrider
    Snowstrider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember reading somewhere that Kai Schober said at the BE3 afterparty this year that Murkmire is going to be a regular zone like Wrothgar. Didn't say why, but I'd assume it's due to how empty Craglorn is. No one at ZOS wants to spend all that effort on a zone if no one's going to play it after a few weeks.
    Honestly, I hope Craglorn remains the first and last Adventure Zone, barring a massive redesign of Adventure Zones.

Thats dissapointing :( adventure zones are fun and we need something new instead of the same old zones
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thats dissapointing :( adventure zones are fun and we need something new instead of the same old zones

Unfortunately Craglorn wasn't very well received. At launch it was packed, but just a month or two later it dropped off sharply, whereas Wrothgar still has a decent population a year after its launch. Thus the Murkmire revamp.
    Edited by Lord_Draevan on 9 August 2016 12:31
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
  • kampori
    kampori
    ✭✭✭

The problem being- you couldn't complete the Craglorn storyline (which is what most people want to do) unless you had 3 other people with you at the same quest stage. (Now apparently you can just invite anyone to help access the locked areas that required 4 but still)

I'm all for hard end-game zones, or things designed for groups, but locking the main story behind 3 other people was idiotic. And it showed- the DLC failed and no one does Craglorn now (or then).

Make delves that have the same 4-person required mechanics to open doors and unlock bosses. Have super strong mobs in the area that are designed for 2+ people. But don't lock the story behind it. Or the reason the vast majority of the people are there will vanish
    This Is Not Here
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kampori wrote: »
    Make delves that have the same 4-person required mechanics to open doors and unlock bosses. Have super strong mobs in the area that are designed for 2+ people. But don't lock the story behind it. Or the reason the vast majority of the people are there will vanish

Amusingly, Craglorn's delves can be soloed. :\
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS also didn't give much in the way of incentive to so Craglorn. The daily repeatable quests offered nothing remotely interesting, the XP they offered was low and there was no reason to do them.

If ZOS had made the quests have incentives and bonuses like Wrothgar daily bosses people would have likely done them. But there was no reason at all to do them.