The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Emotes! (Yes, really.)

MornaBaine
MornaBaine
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Well there is plenty of doom and gloom on the forums since yesterday and rightly so. So I thought it might be a little bit of a lighthearted break to turn our attention to some fluff like emotes. We got a bunch in the last update but they were all animations that already exist in the game that have just now been made available to players as emotes. Which is pretty cool, I'm not complaining! But what I'd REALLY like to see are some emotes that are race and class specific and original. Yes this is stuff that can be added in here and there as the game matures. This is not a "do it now" thread by any means. So let's have some fun while we all contemplate whether or not this latest update is finally going to be the thing that makes us unsub and assume that if we DO stick around, these are some of the things we'd like to see. I'll update this portion of the thread as people post suggestions.

Race Specific Emotes:
Breton

Imperial

Khajiit
/khajiithiss The khajiit would bare their fangs and lunge slightly forward as they hiss
/khajiithiss2 The khajiit would draw back while hissing.
/claw The khajiit would extend their claws and make a swipe out in front of themselves.
/purr The khajiit would close their eyes, smile and purr contentedly.

Argonian
/argonianhiss The argonian would lunge slightly forward and hiss.
/bask The argonian would close their eyes, smile, and tilt their head back as if enjoying the warmth of the sun or the fireplace.

Red Guard
/drumredguard The Red Guard would produce a doumbek and play Middle Eastern riffs.

Altmer

Dunmer

Nord
/polishaxe
/polishsword The Nord would produce the weapon in question and clean it.
/sharpenaxe
/sharpensword The Nord would produce the weapon in question and sharpen it.
/norddrink The Nord would produce a classic horn to drink from.

Class Specific Emotes:
Night Blade

Dragon Knight

Sorcerer
/crystalball The sorcerer would conjure a softly glowing sphere in one hand while making mystical passes over it with the other as they gaze into the crystal ball.
/crystalball2 The sorcerer would conjure a softly glowing sphere and simply hold it in both hands while gazing into it.

Templar
/invokedeity The Templar would throw their head back and extend their arms and be temporarily suffused with a soft swirling light that descends from above.

Vampire:
/vamphiss The vampire would actually bare their fangs and lunge slightly forward.
/vampmist The vampire would actually dissolve into a column of mist/smoke (looking much like it does when Jakharn "disappears") for several seconds, perhaps even a full minute.

Werewolf:
/wolfgrowl The werewolf would snarl and lunge slightly forward.
/wolfhowl The werewolf would drop to all fours/crouch, throw back their head and actually howl like a wolf. (This might possibly need a cooldown to avoid annoying spamming)

General Emotes (anyone can do)
/kickpet
/slappet
(OP's note: These above are AWFUL and I don't see them happening but hey, I said I'd add everyone's. LOL Now if it's totally ridiculous/offensive I will reserve the right to NOT add it but hey, even I wanna smack the creepy little two-legged thing and the crab!)
/smokepipe Your character will light and then smoke a cool long Gandalf-esque pipe.
/sitchair2, /sitchair3, /sitchair4 This would produce different sitting positions on the chair.
/sitthrone, /sithrone2, /sitthrone3, /sitthrone4 This would produce a throne for your character to sit on in various positions.
/diepoison The character produces a cup and drinks from it, then drops the cup, clutches their throat, drops to their knees, then topples over on their side, dead.
/dieheartattack The character suddenly clutches their heart, falls to their knees, then topples over on their back, dead.

Edited by MornaBaine on 17 September 2014 13:16
PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• AreoHotah
    AreoHotah
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would like an emote to kick or slap the azz scraching monkey pet. So yeah...
    /Kickpet
    /Slappet
    Edited by AreoHotah on 17 September 2014 04:48
    Hota'h, Dual-wield/bow full medium armor NB Khajiit from day 1.

https://imageshack.com/i/p2rF313Qj/b]
  • Voodoo
    Voodoo
    ✭✭✭✭
    ...not to take away from your thread but you started and ended with negativity so I will just add ...that ....this... patch.... reaction..

...is no different than any other patch reaction in any MMO ever made. You can have 700,00 subs and you'll get 100 forum complainers with each patch day, bottom line.

Back on topic. For Argonian I think we should be able to do some Capoeira dance
  • Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    /acrobatic (specific to race) or like /backflip would be nice
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Class Specific Emotes:
    Templar
    ..when asked to heal for people who don't know how to block or can't see red circles on the ground

/playdead
    (yes I know its in, but I want it to also show me as AFK and temporary block all chats as if I put them on ignore)
    Edited by Natjur on 17 September 2014 04:59
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Natjur wrote: »
    Class Specific Emotes:
    Templar
    ..when asked to heal for people who don't know how to block or can't see red circles on the ground

/playdead

LOL But you can already do that.

• WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ehhhh the tail'd get in the way. Some jumps and flips sure but windmilling and whatnot with a tail.

I'm all down for these though, but I'd rather them fix whats broke first. Substance first, fluff later.
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
  • Elvent
    Elvent
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only emote I really want is a /smoke pipe emote...sort of like gandalf's pipe from lord of the rings, game is rated M so don't see why not and even the lord of the rings online allows you smoke a pipe.
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing I was very happy to see with emotes is the ability now to dance as any race. For example, you can do /dancedunmer or /dancebosmer to use their racial dance.

Also, the discovery of /leanside, /leanback, and /leanbackcoin was a huge discovery for me, along with /juggleflame.

Another really cool thing with ESO emotes is how you can type a new one while doing a different one and they will just seamlessly blend into each other (most of the time).

Great for RP.
    Edited by Phinix1 on 17 September 2014 05:21
  • sean.plackerb14_ESO
    sean.plackerb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    What are a few of the new emotes we got in update 4?

Crap never mind. Misread what you were saying.
    Edited by sean.plackerb14_ESO on 17 September 2014 05:41
    @sean8102 - Carlore - Daggerfall Covenant
  • MercyKilling
    MercyKilling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd just like the ability to turn my character in place....but nooooooo. Gotta move left instead of turning left. Why emote leaning against something that's two feet or more behind you?
    I am not spending a single penny on the game until changes are made to the game that I want to see.
    1) Remove having to be in a guild to sell items to other players at a kiosk.
    2) Cosmetic modding for armor and clothing.
    3) Difficulty slider.
    4) Fully customizable player housing that isn't tied to anything in the game other than having the correct resources and enough gold to build. Don't tie it to PvP, guild membership, or anything at all. Oh, make it instanced so as not to take up world map space, too. Zeni screwed this one up already.
    Any /one/ of these things implemented would get me spending again, maybe even subbing.
  • Yam_of_the_Center
    Yam_of_the_Center
    ✭✭✭
    I'd just like the ability to turn my character in place....but nooooooo. Gotta move left instead of turning left. Why emote leaning against something that's two feet or more behind you?
    You can, in effect, as it seems you are wanting to position yourself. Go into firstperson view and face directly at what you want to lean on or whatever, then open a menu - any menu will do, the inventory, the character sheet, even ESC - and unlike from the thirdperson view your character model is actually rotated 180 degrees in place as it looks to be when you open that menu. Go back to third person and you will be facing the direction you were with the menu open so you can do your /leanback and you'll be positioned correctly, in fact you will often have to move out from the wall a bit for being too close.
    He will bring life to the dead, hope to the living, and for him the Gate will open.
    The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - the finest Elder Scrolls resource around!
  • KhajiitiLizard
    KhajiitiLizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    /hiss for Khajiit and Argonians
  • bedlom
    bedlom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smoking a long hobbit style pipe
  • GaiusCastricius
    /Die
    Gaius Castricius, House Of Castricii
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    /Die
    Description of proposed emote please? I can think of several possibilities.

• MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ehhhh the tail'd get in the way. Some jumps and flips sure but windmilling and whatnot with a tail.

I'm all down for these though, but I'd rather them fix whats broke first. Substance first, fluff later.

Agreed. This is all "stuff for the future" primarily. And even if they just work one or two into each update that would actually be pretty awesome as well. I don't want to see an entire patch devoted to fluff because I honestly don't ever think this game is going to be to a point where they aren't having to fix shi...er...things... every single update.

• Zorrashi
    Zorrashi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want my khajiit to have various types of a /flicktail emote. I want one that twitches, one that sways etc.

Preferably a /hiss option too. Or maybe a /sniffair for fun?
  • firstdecan
    firstdecan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When are the khajiit going to get a /lickself emote? This is a classic that goes back to oblivion, and lets face it, there might be some undigested moon sugar back there.
  • DuelWieldingCheesyPoofs
    i like emotes they are fun, but id like to be and to do more than 1 at a time like /sit and /read /sit and /eat etc
  • DuelWieldingCheesyPoofs
    /sit and /fish
  • Maotti
    Maotti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want a /fart and /burp emote, seriously! :p
    Edited by Maotti on 17 September 2014 13:07
    PC EU
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qyrk wrote: »
    /acrobatic (specific to race) or like /backflip would be nice

Spell it out for each race please and explain what the emote would look like.

• MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maotti_Nor wrote: »
    I want a /fart and /burp emote, seriously! :p

ONLY IF THEY HAVE AT LEAST A 5 MINUTE COOL DOWN! LOL

• MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    inspiral1 wrote: »
    /sit and /fish

So... /sitfish ?

• MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay keep the ideas coming folks, this is fun!

• Zubba
    Zubba
    ✭✭✭
    Drunken [snip] from Age of Conan..

On a side note: After 1.4 I don't get any sound from any emotes nor abilities.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Cursing & Profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on 17 September 2014 13:33
    Add PvP loot drops for some risk/reward in this game.

Captain Morgan Society
    Zub

How'd ya feel like scraping the barncles off me rudder.. Matey..
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zubba wrote: »
    Drunken [snip] from Age of Conan..

On a side note: After 1.4 I don't get any sound from any emotes nor abilities.

Again, ONLY if it had a serious cooldown, like at least 10 minutes. There was a REASON it got pulled from AoC! LOL

[Moderator Note: Edited quote to match moderated version]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on 17 September 2014 13:34

• JoffyToffy69
    JoffyToffy69
    ✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    We got a bunch in the last update but they were all animations that already exist in the game that have just now been made available to players as emotes.

What are the new emotes?
    Fun comes from diversity, balance kills diversity.
    Former Empress Serabii
  • bunnytrix
    bunnytrix
    ✭✭✭✭
    /purr for khajiit
    yes please!
  • Yuls
    Yuls
    ✭✭✭✭
    Qyrk wrote: »
    /acrobatic (specific to race)

Oooh. No. Nonono. I'm still traumatized from seein' my poor (male) char doing /danceimperial. *shudder*