The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Improving Grouping System

ArnoTerranova
ArnoTerranova
✭✭✭
Dear developpers and players,

I am often confronted with long waiting time for dungeon grouping (vet or non-vet), sometimes it is even impossible to do a group in the middle of the night. (and I am playing tank or heal, not dps, so one could expect I should find easily). I would think of two major reasons, one the factions are divided and characters of different factions cannot join the same dungeon group, and 2), the grouping interface.

The present grouping system requires to stop you to play to make numerous clic, find the good category among a list, then open the list of dunjeons.
If find some incoherence here, for instance, "donjon veteran" appears for non-veteran character. Some of the dungeons do not appear in the veteran list. Often I even forget to clic on the almost invisble vet/non vet icon to precise the difficulty but as there is also the dungeon non vet and veteran choice, I dont know why it is needed. Every time someone leave the group a new manual new search is needed. Well this system is not bad, but not functional enough, and it definitely could be improved.

What I would like to see is a "BIG and Clear - Press-the-Button-and-Play System"
Sad to say, a wow-like system (of recent patches) would be excellent. Spefically:

- you open the interface and you have big art buttons, visual and pretty so we really want to clic on them, to select a category (dungeon, world, raid 12). and because its visual, it appeals players, it is very important.
- it does not require to read a list. But allow to make fast/clear choices, between DUNGEON GROUP 4 / GROUP 12 / or WORLD QUEST
- gives the possibility to check the dungeon I would like to do or not, and start the research.
- The button or the category for the "Daily Dungeon" also cleary indicates that there is a reward in gold, points, or item. Why not fuse this reward with the current silver/gold keys of the Undaunted quest? So it would not be required to take the quest first in your journal before to go to the instance.*

*on this matter, I also find it frustrating that the old quest stay in your journal, and cannot be shared. Better to change that to a daily quest that do not need to take a quest at all, so all player have the same quest for sure.

Your opinion?

Koros
Edited by ArnoTerranova on 10 April 2015 01:34

Fatty White-Claw (lvl 50+) heal trial pve
Koros Bone-Shield (lvl 50+) tank trial pve
Koros Lust (lvl 50+) dps pve, pvp
Seiri (lvl 50+) dps pve
Wildfire (lvl 50+) dps pvp
EU-PC - Playing since April 2014. (beta)
  • Lifsteinn
    Lifsteinn
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with your ideas.
  • ArnoTerranova
    ArnoTerranova
    ✭✭✭
    Also , I found out 2 others limitations:

1) When using the looking for group most player use "ALL DUNGEONS" to get a (small?) chance to find a group. But some members use specific dungeon search. So we end with a group that go randomly, as said above, the possibility to choose between several dungeons is most needed.

2) Recently I also found out some issue, when playing a level 10 to 50 characters. During the level progression, we got 3 new dungeons times to times (at levels 10, 17, 24, 31 if I remember well), and the group has no way to get in because the dungeons do not appear on the map... yet dungeon appear in the list.
    When that happened, we needed to wait to find a member that somehow had the acces on his map and the possibility to tp.
    Here, I suggest that the "grouping" interface propose a button to tp inside the dungeon, once the group complete for example.

3) Playing with a friend, we got many trouble with the starting quest of dungeon. Most of the time someone start if before all members are in the dungeon. This can be changed I think. But sometimes the quest was not properly shared within all members, even if we are all inside. (Thanks to work in this Zenimax!)

Seiri (lvl 50+) dps pve
  • Lord Xanhorn
    Lord Xanhorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    2) Recently I also found out some issue, when playing a level 10 to 50 characters. During the level progression, we got 3 new dungeons times to times (at levels 10, 17, 24, 31 if I remember well), and the group has no way to get in because the dungeons do not appear on the map... yet dungeon appear in the list.
    When that happened, we needed to wait to find a member that somehow had the acces on his map and the possibility to tp.
    Here, I suggest that the "grouping" interface propose a button to tp inside the dungeon, once the group complete for example.

You can not do the comparable dungeon in other factions until you first complete the one in your own. For instance, If you play Aldmeri Dominion, you must complete Banished Cells before you can port into Spindleclutch or Fungal Grotto. The only way to get around this is if someone in your group has already unlocked the other dungeons and then goes into the into the dungeon...then you can use the port to player option.
    I'm kind of a small deal!
  • dfwmikey74
    dfwmikey74
    ✭✭

You can not do the comparable dungeon in other factions until you first complete the one in your own. For instance, If you play Aldmeri Dominion, you must complete Banished Cells before you can port into Spindleclutch or Fungal Grotto. The only way to get around this is if someone in your group has already unlocked the other dungeons and then goes into the into the dungeon...then you can use the port to player option.

That is exactly what he was saying, you have the options to "search" for a group for a dungeon outside of your actual options, but you cannot do them unless you find someone that can and you port to them in the dungeon.

I have to agree with most of these changes, it can be difficult to find groups that are willing to do specific dungeons, unless your will to go on a dungeon run.

• F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously, go find a Guild. If you want to end up with terrible random pug group, use the Group Finder instead. You'll thank me later.
  • ArnoTerranova
    ArnoTerranova
    ✭✭✭
    To Lord Xanhorn: yes i know, dfwmikey74 understood what I meant, I found that weird that players are confronted with a list of dungeons they can't enter (no dungeons are not visible on the map until you discover, no button to join automatically, ...). Well I play since beta test (and I have a guild thanks F7sus4, I will try your addon though), but some of newplayers friends were kind of lost, their first thoughts being "ok that's a bug" or "why I am added to a group that want to do this dungeon although I asked for this one".
    Again, I think the option that many players would like to see implemented would be the possibility to select several dungeons at a time among a list for grouping.
    Its not a raging post here, i m just trying to propose improvements, and I thanks the developers for their good work ;)

Seiri (lvl 50+) dps pve
  • ArnoTerranova
    ArnoTerranova
    ✭✭✭
    At last, the Thieve Guild implements some group functionality waited by many players. I am glad to see Zenimax brought some functions listed above:
    - possibility to select several dungeons (vet or normal).
    - daily reward quest
    - even adjust the level of low level characters to find more quickly a group.
    Well you all know that now.
    REMAIN TO DO:
    - add several normal dungeons that are not available in veteran mode
    - add new dungeons 4
    - how about Raid 12 and Dragon Arena: why is this not in the list???
    - Maybe add an equipment level so that poorly equipped characters do not have access to difficult dungeons such as veterans or raid 12.
    (by the way, Blizzard already did that in Wow, and it avoid many trouble within the players while the dungeon difficulty is maintained).
    Please Zénimax !!! Time to complete this grouping tool to a functional one !

Seiri (lvl 50+) dps pve