The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Possible bug for Blessed Highmane Lion mount

Gopher
Gopher
✭✭✭
Hi, I'm a gopher.

not entirely sure if this is a bug or if it is intentional, but I'm bringing it up anyway.

@ZOS_Kevin (mandatory @ of Mr. Kevin :D )

The mount "Blessed Highmane Lion", when you attempt to mount it, for a second your toon will completely disappear, then reappear with the effects of the mount upon summon.
This screenshot was taken as I hit the mount button
58i3p5yb5bt2.png

And this one was taken a second after
scb67wab9qft.png

At first, I thought it was simply a visual bug on my end, so I restarted the game and ported to new zones, but nothing seemed to fix it.
Can someone confirm if this is in fact a bug, or is it intentional?

Thanks,
I will steal your lettuce and eat your crops.
  • AaronGuilder
    AaronGuilder
    ✭✭✭
    Confirmed, this is happening to me on this mount also - Xbox EU server
    XBOX EU / NA: Magplar x4 Magsorc x3 StamDK x2 Stamsorc x1 Magsorc x1 Warden x1 Necro x1 Stamblade x1 Magblade x1 MagDK x1
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    We have passed this along and there is a bug report to resolve this. We'll update once we have more info an a fix and release date.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Soraka
    Soraka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    We have passed this along and there is a bug report to resolve this. We'll update once we have more info an a fix and release date.

Any chance you can ask about where my zombie horse mounting animation went? I swear it used to do more than just appear.

Edit: nevermind I found an old video I guess I just have a powerful imagination. Disregard.
    Edited by Soraka on December 21, 2023 10:43PM
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm predicting this will be another case of "working as intended"
  • cmarkham1982
    Finedaible wrote: »
    I'm predicting this will be another case of "working as intended"

You may well be right, it's now almost March 2024 and it's still bugged.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it works just fine. Yeah, it's a bit weird that you completely disappear... and funny as you start sprinting while invisible and then just miraculously 'appear'. But apparently, IMO, it's meant to signify that you dematerialize and rematerialize through the beam that shines down from above (that cannot be seen by player themselves due to not being able to zoom out far enough to see the light beaming down).

However, it's also the coolest mount in that it changes your appearance when you ROAR- giving you horns and glowing eyes too.

That being said, I have found a big negative with this mount... it's TOO bright during nighttime. It's so bright that you can barely see the path you're running on- the ground beneath you is will lit, but the brightness makes it difficult to see forward. It really needs a day/night brightness setting- or at least- completely turn it down a tad bit.
    Edited by ADarklore on February 28, 2024 12:45PM
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • cmarkham1982
    @ZOS_Kevin Is there any update on this one please?
  • cmarkham1982
    ADarklore wrote: »
    I think it works just fine. Yeah, it's a bit weird that you completely disappear... and funny as you start sprinting while invisible and then just miraculously 'appear'. But apparently, IMO, it's meant to signify that you dematerialize and rematerialize through the beam that shines down from above (that cannot be seen by player themselves due to not being able to zoom out far enough to see the light beaming down).

However, it's also the coolest mount in that it changes your appearance when you ROAR- giving you horns and glowing eyes too.

That being said, I have found a big negative with this mount... it's TOO bright during nighttime. It's so bright that you can barely see the path you're running on- the ground beneath you is will lit, but the brightness makes it difficult to see forward. It really needs a day/night brightness setting- or at least- completely turn it down a tad bit.

It's already been confirmed as a bug, 4 comments before your's.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And... that was in December... it is now March and the newest patch is already about to go Live. So perhaps it isn't a bug after all?
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • cmarkham1982

And... that was in December... it is now March and the newest patch is already about to go Live. So perhaps it isn't a bug after all?

Considernig this mount now has an animation for mounting, I'd say that confirmed it as a bug...
  • AlistairRZ
    Is this bug fixed with update 41?
  • cmarkham1982
    AlistairRZ wrote: »
    Is this bug fixed with update 41?

It seems so, certainly I have a full annimation now