The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Combat bug in cyrodiil

Zabulus
Zabulus
✭✭✭
Hello.

If you can't remove this bug, just let us mount in combat.
I don't care if i get killed while spending 2 or 3 seconds to mount, it's my problem.
BUT i do care spending 15 minutes to go to a keep only to arrive after the battle :)

Thank you.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on December 8, 2023 4:14AM
  • KiltMaster
    KiltMaster
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hard agree. It's to the point where even if I'm solo, and I die and rez at the gate, I'm still in combat and can't port out or log out.
    PC/NA
    GM of "Kilts for Sale"
    Ebonheart Pact
    He/Him
    Options
  • CrazyKitty
    CrazyKitty
    ✭✭✭✭
    I saw another poster suggest that they create a "get out of combat" shrine at one of the gates. This sounds good.

But why not just make so if you use a wayshrine, when you arrive at your destination you are automatically out of combat? That seems easy enough. Just make it so using a wayshrine eliminates all damage being done to and by the character porting. Easy.
    Options
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CrazyKitty wrote: »
    I saw another poster suggest that they create a "get out of combat" shrine at one of the gates. This sounds good.

They already have one, it's called Cheesemonger's Hollow. You can also port to Imperial City from anywhere in the zone, then right back to your campaign. Unless there's a queue, of course, and you'll have to wait to get back in.

RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
    Options
  • CrazyKitty
    CrazyKitty
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »

They already have one, it's called Cheesemonger's Hollow. You can also port to Imperial City from anywhere in the zone, then right back to your campaign. Unless there's a queue, of course, and you'll have to wait to get back in.

Except you might never get out of Cheesemongers if pop is locked, and you for sure won't get back into cyrodiil if you go to IC during pop lock.

But, now that you mention it, the fictional shrine I'm talking about should also do your laundry. (i.e.- remove all those crazy debuffs and animations that bug out on us too)

Edited by CrazyKitty on December 7, 2023 10:10PM
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Except you might never get out of Cheesemongers if pop is locked, and you for sure won't get back into cyrodiil if you go to IC during pop lock.

But, now that you mention it, the fictional shrine I'm talking about should also do your laundry. (i.e.- remove all those crazy debuffs and animations that bug out on us too)

rezoning (such as porting to cheesemongers, or any delve, or IC) already fixes both stuck in combat and those bugged debuffs (i hardly ever notice those anyway since they have never impacted me, i sometimes see them in my character sheet but thats it, never suffered any negative effects from them)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic, as it's about Cyrodiil.

Thank you for your understanding
    Options
    Staff Post
  • MedicInTheWild
    MedicInTheWild
    ✭✭✭
    Once again...... Communication. Don't just go I moved this to another category can we get a you know what expect a response on this /statement/question/suggestion within X hours.

This would go a long way in improving the communication gap.

This is a very good suggestion as this has been a problem for years and don't seem to have any hopes of a fix, could we not just make mounting in combat a thing for a test, maybe it don't need to happen but I think this would be a great step in fixing a stupid problem that bugs so many PVP'ers and others throughout Tamriel.
    Medic
    All platforms and servers
    Options
  • CrazyKitty
    CrazyKitty
    ✭✭✭✭

rezoning (such as porting to cheesemongers, or any delve, or IC) already fixes both stuck in combat and those bugged debuffs (i hardly ever notice those anyway since they have never impacted me, i sometimes see them in my character sheet but thats it, never suffered any negative effects from them)

I pointed out the problems with these options. During pop lock you can't leave cyrodiil or you might not get back in. That includes just going into a delve like Cheesemongers. And for sure you lose your place in the population if you port to IC.
    Options
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Like the other person said though if you do that you could get stuck in that delve or Cheesemongers for a bit because technically they aren’t in Cyrodiil. This actually happened to me once and I had to wait a few minutes before being able to get back in.

Options