Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Group Dueling

Overamera
Overamera
✭✭✭✭
How does eso not have group dueling yet? Have ZOS ever considered adding it to the game?
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on November 19, 2023 4:24AM
  • Veryamedliel
    Veryamedliel
    ✭✭✭
    Duel: A prearranged, formal combat between two persons, usually fought to settle a point of honor.
    This is already available. There's no such thing as a "group duel". That would be a war or skirmish. Which also already exists. It's called battlegrounds and is quite easy to arrange using the new group finder.

You want to "group duel" outside battlegrounds? There's an entire map dedicated to it. It's called Cyrodiil.

Options
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem is that in Cyrodiil you're confined to fighting people of other factions and in BGs you can't choose your opponents.

Some PvPers would like a "pre-arranged, formal combat between two groups, usually fought to settle a point of honor." Call it what you want. Personally I think the word duel suffices. But that's hardly what we should be focusing on.
    Options
  • Overamera
    Overamera
    ✭✭✭✭
    Duel: A prearranged, formal combat between two persons, usually fought to settle a point of honor.
    This is already available. There's no such thing as a "group duel". That would be a war or skirmish. Which also already exists. It's called battlegrounds and is quite easy to arrange using the new group finder.

You want to "group duel" outside battlegrounds? There's an entire map dedicated to it. It's called Cyrodiil.

You seem mad?
    Options
  • Overamera
    Overamera
    ✭✭✭✭

No, I want to be able to invite another group to fight versus my group regardless of alliance. So the people who I am grouped up with versus another grouped up people. 3v3s, 4v4s, 3v4s or whatever someone wishes. Perhaps make it only available in houses and/and or even have a limit to how big the groups can be. This is up to ZOS to decide what's best.

Alot of premade groups loves this idea and can test out different fighting styles. We could host tournament with prices, so alot of content to make if this were to happen. PvP never gets any new content so this could be something atleast which I don't think ruins the performance/lag, perhaps only if ballgroups would fight each other using this.
    Options
  • UGotBenched91
    UGotBenched91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a great idea. Maybe they will add it to the crown store?!?
    Options
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This should definitely be a thing. We even have arenas in the base game areas where it could be implemented.
    Options
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic, as it's about dueling.

Thank you for your understanding
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Group duels would be nice. Another thing would be guild duels, meet in some Arena somewhere and let the fighting begin.
    Options
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If group duels become a thing then guild duels will also be a thing. We should keep our request as broad as we can, lest we restrict ourselves.
    Options
  • Freilauftomate
    Freilauftomate
    ✭✭✭✭

You would think "group vs group matches" (or whatever you want to call it) are available in a game like ESO, right? But no.

Almost 10 years after they released and advertised ESO as a multiplayer game with massive battles in the big Alliance War, PvP players still have an unfinished product that's not even working right most of the time. Since they seem to have dropped PvP development completely years ago, we had to endure downsizing, crazy useless tests and projects, neglect and victim blaming. We are still being bullied, gaslighted, ignored and shut down all the time. Even in official twitch streams, this forum and official interviews. Everyone seems to enjoy letting PvP players feel how unwanted they are, and how Cyrodiil should become a PvE zone...

But let's look at what's "already available".

I haven't played Battlegrounds in a while, but last time i checked:
    • Champion Points were disabled,
    • you couldn't choose your opposing team,
    • Battlegrounds were team vs team vs team, not team vs team,
    • Battlegrounds were limited to 4 player teams, what if you want to play 12 vs 12, or 5 vs 5 or something?
    • you couldn't even choose between playing deathmatch, capture the flag or whatever,
    So no, this doesn't work very well, does it?

Same with Cyrodiil:
    • Depending on where you play and who you play with, Cyrodiil still has performance issues that can be gamebreaking.
    • Fights in Cyrodiil are never 100% fair, because of scroll- and keep buffs. You would have to meet at a time when all factions have their own scrolls, there is no emperor, and every alliance has the same amount of keeps and homekeeps. And you would have to check if anyone is using the health buff from an Ayleid Well.
    • Cyrodiil Campaigns have faction lock, low pop bonus, max players allowed, and other crazy rules making it almost impossible to do this right in Cyrodiil.
    • Because you will always have players outside your "private match" messing everything up by trying to bomb you, siege you etc. for whatever reason. Like "There is a war going on here, go play your tournaments somewhere else, we need to win the campaign!"...

ESO would have been a great game for PvP, but for some reason it became a "single player MMORPG". Whatever that is. I am not sure why this happened, but it's a shame. I would even call it a tragedy.

It would be nice to get "new content" in the form of "finally fixed and finished content after it was released years ago". But instead we get face paintings, and more broken sets and changes nobody asked for.

While dragons, new maps, new artifact weapons, new sets and all that shiny new stuff could be great, i don't trust the current developers to get it right. Everything they have done (and not done) for years drove more and more PvP players away. But that's not their fault, they are not PvP developers. How would they know what to do?

If the company doesn't want to focus on PvP anymore, i fear we will have to accept that. ESO stopped being a competitive game long ago anyway. Even the leaderboards are broken again and again. Most players who care about endgame content already moved on to other games. Even if they fixed everything and added great new content, i guess nobody would come back to play ESO, because the trust is gone. Like "If it's fixed now, it will be broken again in a month".

But please, at least give us some gamemodes where we can choose what to play and who to play with. After all the quality of life updates for new players, this would be a nice gift for the few remaining PvP enthusiasts.
    Options
  • Freilauftomate
    Freilauftomate
    ✭✭✭✭
    I mean, they wouldn't even have to invent an extra gamemode. We already have "invite to duel" on the social interaction wheel. If you don't care* about the wording/phrasing it would be enough to just let groupleaders invite other groupleaders to group vs group matches in overland zones or homes.

(*Edited because auto filter deleted a harmless word, again.)
    Edited by Freilauftomate on November 22, 2023 8:53PM
    Options