The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

No Event Reward from Event Quest?

Ragged_Claw
Ragged_Claw
✭✭✭✭✭
Just did Plokun's long quest and only got gold, no reward box. This can't be right can it?
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on November 17, 2023 4:37AM
PC EU & NA
  • Four_Fingers
    Four_Fingers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got zilch.
    I know it doesn't give tickets, but nothing?
    Options
  • The_Boggart
    The_Boggart
    ✭✭✭✭
    The event summary needs expansion,

what dailies give rewards
    How many event tickets per day
    Where else can you obtain event rewards
    Options
  • EdjeSwift
    EdjeSwift
    ✭✭✭✭
    The in-game help seems pretty spot on.

9s3hzsspt68f.png
    Antiquities Addict
    Options
  • Maythor
    Maythor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep his spiel was that we would get treats, but nowt!
    Options
  • Four_Fingers
    Four_Fingers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Treats? We got tricked.
    Run to the 5 corners of Blackwood and see the sights. :D
    Options
  • KlauthWarthog
    KlauthWarthog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So I guess dropping the quest at the start was the right call after all.
    Options
  • reazea
    reazea
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for posting this thread. Good info.
    Options
  • Ingenon
    Ingenon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I completed it because one of today daily endeavor was to complete a holiday quest, and the Fargrave WB daily gave me a gold event box, 2 event tickets, but didn't count as a holiday quest.

I won't be doing this quest again.
    Options
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    EdjeSwift wrote: »

9s3hzsspt68f.png

Well, apparently daily writs don't count as a daily quest... (the writs were gotten and completed in Blackwood)
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
      Options
    • EdjeSwift
      EdjeSwift
      ✭✭✭✭
      Kendaric wrote: »

9s3hzsspt68f.png

Well, apparently daily writs don't count as a daily quest... (the writs were gotten and completed in Blackwood)

They never have counted as daily quests for these events. The only time writs "count" is for the Zenithar event.
      Antiquities Addict
      Options
    • Kendaric
      Kendaric
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭

9s3hzsspt68f.png

They never have counted as daily quests for these events. The only time writs "count" is for the Zenithar event.

Ah, I guess I didn't pay attention to that. Then again, I ignore events for the most part with the exception of the anniversary event.

Thanks for clearing that up, I guess I'll have to do those horrible Blackwood wbs yet again *sigh*
        PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
        Options
      • opaj
        opaj
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Hmm. Is the quest interesting, at least? I've enjoyed the story elements of a few of the event quests, but if this one's a slog and has a small reward, I may give it a pass...
        Options
      • LunaFlora
        LunaFlora
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭

9s3hzsspt68f.png

also jubilee :)
        miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
        "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
        🦬🦌🐰
        PlayStation and PC EU.
        LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
        LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
        Options
      • EdjeSwift
        EdjeSwift
        ✭✭✭✭
        Ah, I guess I didn't pay attention to that. Then again, I ignore events for the most part with the exception of the anniversary event.

Thanks for clearing that up, I guess I'll have to do those horrible Blackwood wbs yet again *sigh*

Given that it's an event, they're not horrible right now, if anything the true horror is trying to get on the damage board enough to get loot given the throng of people murdering bosses in Blackwood right now.
        Antiquities Addict
        Options
      • Ragged_Claw
        Ragged_Claw
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        opaj wrote: »
        Hmm. Is the quest interesting, at least? I've enjoyed the story elements of a few of the event quests, but if this one's a slog and has a small reward, I may give it a pass...

It's quite fun, yes. Just don't do what I did and go with a character that has no wayshrines, it takes fooooorever :D
        PC EU & NA
        Options
      • Kendaric
        Kendaric
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭

Given that it's an event, they're not horrible right now, if anything the true horror is trying to get on the damage board enough to get loot given the throng of people murdering bosses in Blackwood right now.

True enough. I just hate the Blackwood wbs since I farmed them recently to finish the Ivory Brigade motif. The last page I was missing took me ages to acquire.
        So I'm a bit burned out on Blackwood world bosses....
          Options
        • Maythor
          Maythor
          ✭✭✭✭
          World bosses aren't dropping even the original boxes for me .. so no reward from holiday quest, rubbish in gold box and now no coffers from WB's .. a bit of a washout.

At least I don't have to feel too bad for friends withouth the dlc :P
          Edited by Maythor on November 16, 2023 8:18PM
          Options
        • mbeetley_ESO
          mbeetley_ESO
          ✭✭✭
          I think this may rank as the worst holiday quest EVAR. The reward is absolute garbage as the OP noted - I mean, it's not even as much gold as you get from most quests in the game - but the quest itself is just running around the map. Not killing things, mind, just running from quest marker to quest marker. My wife & I did this while she had an XP scroll active hoping it would help get her companion leveled up, but almost nothing in the quest gave you any XP. Wasted probably 20 minutes of that scroll on this joke. And for what? 181 gold? Sheesh. And to the person who asked if the quest is fun, well, the story has its moments. I'd recommend you do it during off-hours, because otherwise the action mostly consists of clicking on quest pointers in the midst of mobs of players and companions and pets (oh my!). And yes, I know, that's typical of events. It doesn't make the experience any better.

In the words of Sharp as Night, "Ah. People. Great."
          Options
        • WhiteCoatSyndrome
          WhiteCoatSyndrome
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          ✭✭✭✭
          I concur it was odd that Plokun’s quest didn’t at least award a purple box. 🤨
          #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
          PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
          A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.

Loremaster’s Archive open for questions!
          Options
        • SeaGtGruff
          SeaGtGruff
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          Maythor wrote: »
          World bosses aren't dropping even the original boxes for me .. so no reward from holiday quest, rubbish in gold box and now no coffers from WB's .. a bit of a washout.

I don't think you're supposed to get purple coffers from killing bosses, since you get them when you turn in the daily quests. So you get a golden coffer from turning in your first daily (be it delve or world boss), and you get a purple coffer from turning in the other daily. You can also get purple coffers from resource nodes, treasure chests, thieves troves, and psijic portals, but I think those are the only ones that drop out in the wild, as opposed to being handed to you by the NPCs you turn in quests to.
          I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
          Options
        • LunaFlora
          LunaFlora
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          ✭✭✭
          SeaGtGruff wrote: »

I don't think you're supposed to get purple coffers from killing bosses, since you get them when you turn in the daily quests. So you get a golden coffer from turning in your first daily (be it delve or world boss), and you get a purple coffer from turning in the other daily. You can also get purple coffers from resource nodes, treasure chests, thieves troves, and psijic portals, but I think those are the only ones that drop out in the wild, as opposed to being handed to you by the NPCs you turn in quests to.

i have gotten purple coffers from world bosses so yes you get them from them.

and the event article says
          In addition, you can collect the more common Regular Reward Boxes by participating in the following activities:

Slaying Delve and World Bosses in the Blackwood and Deadland zones

miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
          "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
          🦬🦌🐰
          PlayStation and PC EU.
          LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
          LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
          Options
        • SeaGtGruff
          SeaGtGruff
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          LunaFlora wrote: »
          SeaGtGruff wrote: »

i have gotten purple coffers from world bosses so yes you get them from them.

and the event article says
          In addition, you can collect the more common Regular Reward Boxes by participating in the following activities:

Slaying Delve and World Bosses in the Blackwood and Deadland zones

Well, I just got a purple coffer from killing and looting a Watcher in the Doomvault Porcixid, so apparently they can also drop from mobs and bosses-- but I'm guessing those aren't guaranteed drops, since they're subject to the cooldown period. So if you're lucky, you might get a purple coffer by killing and looting a boss or mob, or by harvesting a node, looting a chest, etc. But most of the time you won't get a purple coffer that way, unless you're waiting for at least as long as the cooldown period between each one, and are getting very lucky with the drops RNG.
          I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
          Options
        • ZOS_Hadeostry
          Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic, as it's related to an event.

Thank you for your understanding
          Options
          Staff Post
        • DoofusMax
          DoofusMax
          ✭✭✭
          Yep his spiel was that we would get treats, but nowt!

Kinda correct (nothing event-related from him, not even a memento), but he does give some chump-change gold. But yes - run from one end of Blackwood to the other and "here's a few pennies for your trouble." You should have got 15 Seals of Endeavor, though. Doing that quest was one of today's endeavors.
          Options
        • KlauthWarthog
          KlauthWarthog
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          ✭✭
          DoofusMax wrote: »
          You should have got 15 Seals of Endeavor, though. Doing that quest was one of today's endeavors.

I went with the oblivion gate instead. Faster and actually had loot at the end of it.
          Edited by KlauthWarthog on November 17, 2023 11:45AM
          Options