The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Sunday dailies: Fighter, Mage, Undaunted

phaneub17_ESO
phaneub17_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Improved Daily Quest Rewards for Fighters Guild, Mages Guild, and Undaunted
The rewards provided for the daily quests (NOT pledges) for these three guilds (if you can call Undaunted a guild and not a motley collection of insane fools) have been completely revised.
With some key differences between the guilds’ “preferred” loot, the coffers will now contain a random assortment of the following:
Companion Gear
Overland Set Gear (from the zone to which the quest takes you)
Ornate Gear
Gold!
Deconstructable Equipment
This prioritizes a trait you do not have researched yet, or Intricate if you have already researched all traits for that item. This does NOT include Nirnhoned
Jewelry only drops with Robust, Arcane, or Healthy traits
A selection of random crafting materials
A small chance for a new Guild Commendation, which upon consuming grants you a small amount of reputation with the guild
These can be traded and stacked
A chance for a Draugr motif style page, with an exceedingly tiny chance at the whole motif book.
Drops for the Fighters Guild daily prioritize Heavy Armor, One and Two-Handed Axes, One and Two-Handed Maces, and Shields.
Drops for the Mages Guild daily prioritize Light Armor and all Staff-type weapons.
Drops for Undaunted prioritize Medium Armor, One and Two-Handed Swords, Daggers, and Bows.

I would suggest doing them, but hold off turning them in until after the patch.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on October 27, 2023 3:22AM
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    why not just do them on the day of release of the new update? they're pretty simple quests
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
    Options
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because you can turn in the previous day and collect 3 new ones the following day, double your rewards.
    Options
  • Haenk
    Haenk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Because you can turn in the previous day and collect 3 new ones the following day, double your rewards.

Honestly, the rewards have been junk, but do you really expect them to be exceptionally great in the future?
    Options
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i guess the potential companion gear is kinda good.
    Options
  • jtm1018
    jtm1018
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope they give purple companion gear.
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i usually only do them nowadays when i need to unlock companion guild skill lines lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like that gear will now drop with curated traits, as that's something I've occasionally wished for. It won't help my mains and all of my older alts, since my mains know everything and my older alts just have Nirnhoned to finish up, but it will be helpful on my two newest alts. I mean, sure, I could just continue to have one of my other characters craft whatever items and traits need to be researched, but I kind of like letting each alt find items to research out in the wild if possible, because it feels a bit more immersive.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
    Options
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic, as it's related to quests.

Thank you for your understanding
    Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on October 27, 2023 3:22AM
    Options
    Staff Post
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    I like that gear will now drop with curated traits, as that's something I've occasionally wished for. It won't help my mains and all of my older alts, since my mains know everything and my older alts just have Nirnhoned to finish up, but it will be helpful on my two newest alts. I mean, sure, I could just continue to have one of my other characters craft whatever items and traits need to be researched, but I kind of like letting each alt find items to research out in the wild if possible, because it feels a bit more immersive.

I wish I could just pay the cost (mats) and research anything someone else I "own" knows. It is a real pain to make things to research on my main especially on console, including sucking up bank space while cranking through research.

Fortunately I am through the grind, including Nirnhoned, for almost all my characters, except for the Arcanists I started from scratch a short while ago.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
    Options
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I wish I could just pay the cost (mats) and research anything someone else I "own" knows. It is a real pain to make things to research on my main especially on console, including sucking up bank space while cranking through research.

Fortunately I am through the grind, including Nirnhoned, for almost all my characters, except for the Arcanists I started from scratch a short while ago.

I just craft stuff as I need it, which is merely a different kind of pain-- I save on bank space, but I have to shuffle through my alts to see if any of them are ready for something else to research, then get back on my main to craft it and bank it, then go back to my alts to initiate the research process.
    Options
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I just craft stuff as I need it, which is merely a different kind of pain-- I save on bank space, but I have to shuffle through my alts to see if any of them are ready for something else to research, then get back on my main to craft it and bank it, then go back to my alts to initiate the research process.

And that is a serious pain with even 1 alt, let alone several of them. Glad you don't mind it, but it is an ongoing pain for me.

Some good addons on the PC for that, but it remains a pain on console. I used pictures I took on the main to figure out what to craft recently, though it is easy to pre-craft too much here and really suck up bank space, especially with it being full of surveys....
    PC
    PS4/PS5
    Options
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And that is a serious pain with even 1 alt, let alone several of them. Glad you don't mind it, but it is an ongoing pain for me.

Some good addons on the PC for that, but it remains a pain on console. I used pictures I took on the main to figure out what to craft recently, though it is easy to pre-craft too much here and really suck up bank space, especially with it being full of surveys....

I didn't say I don't mind it. However, it isn't too bad once the characters get into research which requires a week or more, since it takes some of the "urgency" out of checking on each character to see who needs what and when. I also try to stick as much as possible to an organized system where the number of traits left to research is the same for all items, as opposed to going through all of the traits on one item, then all of the traits on the next item, etc. It's still a pain, but at least the pain eventually gets spread out over time so I don't have to deal with it every single day.
    Options