Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Ah deathmatch weekend :))))) (irony)

derkaiserliche
derkaiserliche
✭✭✭✭
It always takes up to 4 battlegrounds maximum before you get reminded why you dont want to play battlegrounds anymore.

Balance arcanists finally
Balance dragonknights finally

There is a reason why 3 out of 4 teammates in average are either arcanists or dks. Its unplayable.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on October 20, 2023 3:46AM
  • mdjessup4906
    mdjessup4906
    ✭✭✭
    At least it's arc and dk instead of just dk.
    Options
  • gummy292
    gummy292
    ✭✭✭
    Its easy to be decent with dk and arcanist. But the strongest class in battlegrounds is stam sorc at the moment. Its hard to play but there are a vew players that master the art.
    Options
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find that the classes are represented evenly in BGs. But an arcanist or DK or Warden with poop on me
    Options
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Death match weekend was not a viable substitute for Halloween.
    Options
  • Kusto
    Kusto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did 5 BGs and im done with it until the event is over. Arcanists are ruining the experience because how op they are. In 5 matches played, I only got killed once by a sorc. All other deaths were by Arcanists. Basically whichever team had more Arcanists won. DKs are strong too but at least it requires some skill to play them while any noob can just beam you to death with arcanist.
    Options
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So... I need some information for a different discussion I'm having elsewhere.

I understand that most of you are complaining about OP classes. But can anyone take the time, please, to articulate for me what it is about DM weekend that makes this worse than normal?
    Options
  • SandandStars
    SandandStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^salient point
    Options
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Better to denerf the other classes.
    I’m glad DK was improved and arcanist is fun to play.
    Options
  • Kusto
    Kusto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OBJnoob wrote: »

I understand that most of you are complaining about OP classes. But can anyone take the time, please, to articulate for me what it is about DM weekend that makes this worse than normal?

What makes it worse is that the team with most kills wins. And if some team is mainly Arcanists or even all of them like happened to me few times, then you don't stand a chance. At least in other modes you can still win by playing the objectives. DM heavily favors op classes.
    Options
  • Sleep724
    Sleep724
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On Xbox BGs I see a good mix of all classes except for Necromancer, which is rarer currently, obvi. Any good player does well with most builds on these classes. The ones that are able to survive and do insane damage in higher mmrs are mostly NBs who can two tap people, cloak away and/or tank incoming damage, and sorcs who can streak out of the fight. Arcanists and Wardens are the only ones who can stand there and tank then turn around and possibly burst you down.

I have not ran into any OP DKs. Take away corrosive and they’re not as dangerous, of course.

The biggest issue IMO is the vate/masters dw/way of fire builds. Any class can run this and have stupid amounts of damage. And NBs merciless resolve. But that should be another topic lol.
    Options
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Reminder to stay together, watch your positioning, and attack the same target.

Do not enter TEAM deathmatch without damage unless you're a full healer. Do not bring your tank.

Thank you.
    PC NA
    Options
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic, as it's Battleground related.

Thank you for your understanding
    Options
    Staff Post
  • darvaria
    darvaria
    ✭✭✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »

Do not enter TEAM deathmatch

I would like to see how few players even bother to go now. Just don't go. Have you noticed that there are usually 2 v 1 teams? Players that know each other. I was on a team and one team mate bailed because he said the other teams would be focusing our team and someone sent him a tell to just leave so they wouldn't have to kill him. So he left and we were stuck with 3, then 2. We stayed in stealth and the other 2 teams just stood around until end. TG for Netflix.

Options
  • ESO_CenturionPlayer
    ESO_CenturionPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭
    i have started to cue for the AP. not really to win or have fun. not worth trying that hard, but i want to slowly work my alliance rank up.
    Options
  • Brakkish
    Brakkish
    ✭✭✭✭
    darvaria wrote: »

I would like to see how few players even bother to go now. Just don't go. Have you noticed that there are usually 2 v 1 teams? Players that know each other. I was on a team and one team mate bailed because he said the other teams would be focusing our team and someone sent him a tell to just leave so they wouldn't have to kill him. So he left and we were stuck with 3, then 2. We stayed in stealth and the other 2 teams just stood around until end. TG for Netflix.

This is a positive thing. When you become the BG objective; it's how you know you've made the big leagues.
    If it were me receiving that whisper; I'd of said "meet me at your spawn son".

Edited by Brakkish on October 20, 2023 1:07PM
    CP2332 +3100 hrs spent in BGs. US PS5 - Nine PVP Tanks - toons named variations of "Combat Medic" I like long walks on the beach. What's PVE? https://www.youtube.com/brakkish
    Options
  • XSTRONG
    XSTRONG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So players really wanted a deathmatch weekend and now they dont wanna play it because they get killed by arcanist?

Yeah thats pure Irony.

Options
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    XSTRONG wrote: »
    So players really wanted a deathmatch weekend and now they dont wanna play it because they get killed by arcanist?

Yeah thats pure Irony.

The op doesn't sound like a dm enthusiast to me
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
    Options
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kusto wrote: »

What makes it worse is that the team with most kills wins. And if some team is mainly Arcanists or even all of them like happened to me few times, then you don't stand a chance. At least in other modes you can still win by playing the objectives. DM heavily favors op classes.

Thanks for your response.
    Brakkish wrote: »

This is a positive thing. When you become the BG objective; it's how you know you've made the big leagues.

You woulda told your team mate to meet you at your spawn? ;P
    Options
  • Brakkish
    Brakkish
    ✭✭✭✭
    You woulda told your team mate to meet you at your spawn? ;P

I think you may have misread the original quote: (admittedly if not read slowly; could be easily confused) I took the liberty of breaking it down with key pieces in bold.
    <snip>and someone sent him a tell to just leave so they wouldn't have to kill him
    Breaking that down, yes.. someone from another team sent a tell to someone on an opposing team, warning that person to leave or be killed.

My reply is the same as stated.
    Edited by Brakkish on October 20, 2023 5:00PM
    CP2332 +3100 hrs spent in BGs. US PS5 - Nine PVP Tanks - toons named variations of "Combat Medic" I like long walks on the beach. What's PVE? https://www.youtube.com/brakkish
    Options
  • Calastir
    Calastir
    ✭✭✭
    My team just lost again for the umpteenth time and even though we killed several opponents we got 0 points against the 510 which the winning team got.

This is obviously extremely unfair.
    Chaszmyr Do'Benrae (Dunmer Magsorc Vampire Infinity) ~ Dusk Doublespeak (Breton Magplar Werewolf) ~ Stan of Rimari (Nord Dragonknight Tank) ~ Bunto Kim Alhambra (Redguard Magplar Paladin) ~ Alicyankali (Argonian Magicka Necromancer Draugr Kin) ~ Gruuman Odinfan (Orsimer Magplar) ~ Boymans van Beuningen (Khajiit Stam Warden Bowzerker) ~ Flannelflail (Imperial Stamina Nightblade Brawler PVP) ~ Calastir (Altmer Stamina Dragonknight) ~ Sallystir (Bosmer Stam Warden Frostbite PVP) ~ Zalastir (Altmer Magicka Warden Ice Storm) ~ Capt Peach (Nord Stamcanist Crux Cannon) ~ PC EU ~ since May 26th, 2021.
    Options
  • Brakkish
    Brakkish
    ✭✭✭✭
    How is that possible? Are you saying that the scoring system is broken?

Just trying to understand better so I can help figure out a solution.

Options
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Personally i have not found arc to be an issue at all. Not sure why people have. Ive found nbs to be the overwhelming majority in bgs this weekend. I dont find arcs particularly difficult to deal with and have yet to lose to a team of them. I play a plar.
    Edited by boi_anachronism_ on October 20, 2023 5:55PM
    Options
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Lol that was me and my homie last night. We were 2 templars who kept running into the same two templars on the opposing team. It turned into more of a 2v2 😆
    Options
  • SandandStars
    SandandStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only time I ever die to an Arcanist in PVP is when I have run out of stamina breaking out of a bunch of cc’s applied by DKs, (what cooldown?) and get locked down by Rune of EH For a seeming eternity.

Otherwise Pragmatic Fatecarver is easy to avoid, typically.

NBs good old Incap/Merciless/ConcealedWep spam is by far the most common demise on my recaps.
    Options
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Brakkish Oops! Yes I misread it. Darn it was a lot funnier to me the other way! :)
    Options
  • UnyieldingFlame
    UnyieldingFlame
    ✭✭✭
    I did 5 BGs and im done with it until the event is over. Arcanists are ruining the experience because how op they are. In 5 matches played, I only got killed once by a sorc. All other deaths were by Arcanists. Basically whichever team had more Arcanists won. DKs are strong too but at least it requires some skill to play them while any noob can just beam you to death with arcanist.

[snip] The class is a tier below Warden in PvP and excels in group PvP, especially no-cp. The class lacks burst and is too dependent on the crux which any type of pressure will put you on the backbar the entire time. [snip]

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 21, 2023 3:06PM
    Options
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[snip] The class is a tier below Warden in PvP and excels in group PvP, especially no-cp. The class lacks burst and is too dependent on the crux which any type of pressure will put you on the backbar the entire time. [snip]

Well, to be fair, a lot of people complain about Wardens in BGs. And BGs do happen to be no-cp group PvP. So it stands to reason that Arcanist would be quite good actually, by your own words.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 21, 2023 3:08PM
    Options
  • SandandStars
    SandandStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I confirm this. ^^

throw your meta proc sets on something tanky, and arcanist is indeed tanky (impervios rw, etc).

just poke somebody w a rending slash and if youre feeling ambitious one poke from the vateshran staff then let way of fire do its work

Now youre an incredibly skilled 1vXr, compared to anyone w/o your select cheese gear 😁

Options
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well. My experience has been pretty good. I haven't been binging out but I've played 2 or 3 every day.

I wouldn't say I've seen a huge number of Arcanists actually (Xbox NA,) which is weird, because I definitely feel that they are in large supply NOT during the DM weekend. I've seen a lot of DKs and NBs, sure, but if I had to guess what I'd seen the most of it'd probably be Wardens.

My lobbies have been pretty tough, which sucks, because as a Ravenwatch player I frequently end up being lazy and using my no-proc setup. But the games have been competitive. I'm in a high mmr on most of my characters but during most BG weekends it seems like so many people que I just get put with whoever and the ques pop in a couple of minutes. Now I'm waiting 5 or 10 and getting put in with the sweats lol.

Either more high mmr players are taking part in this weekend than others (likely,) or less of everybody else (also likely I think.) And this is also perhaps why you all, on whatever platform you're on, are feeling like the top tier classes are everywhere.

Notable mentions... I had a Warden in a BG this morning go 23-0 on the other team. Again-- it felt like a pretty sweaty lobby to me-- good on that person. Also, last night, I got hit for like 14k+14k by some presumably ranged NB using Ice Comet and Assassins Will. My own fault I was either out of stam or someone else CCed me when the Comet hit... But still, props to that person as well. I'd like to know what other skills they're using, just out of curiosity.
    Options
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Arc isn't the issue - the braindead proc meta is the issue, and Arcs are tanky enough that they can abuse it.

Arcs have very finicky damage. It can be a lot if timed right and executed correctly but it's tough to line up.

Proc sets like Azureblight, Masters DW, and Maarselok completely negate that weakness (much like they completely negate the weaknesses of a lot of classes).
    Options