The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Official Discussion Thread for The Witches Festival In-Game Event

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
tfdtz4o90i6m.png
This is the official discussion thread for, "Conquer Tamriel's Fears And Earn Special Rewards During The Witches Festival Event"

"Slay Tamriel’s most horrific monstrosities to obtain unique in-game rewards during 2023’s Witches Festival in-game event!"
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on November 7, 2023 8:57PM
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Also to be proactive about this now, yes we know "spoopy" is used in the text. No, it is not a typo. It's an internet meme and our content writers really like the meme.
    giphy.gif
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Crowborne Hunter style looks cool! :smiley:
    Perhaps for future years you might consider moving the Dremora style pages to the grab bag as there is still a surfeit of them super cheap on most guild traders from past events.
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Um... The Witches Festival event starts on October 26, and Update 40 comes out on October 30. Can anyone else see a bit of a problem here, with a long server outage, and potentially needing to rework builds/gear (due to combat skill changes in U40) in the middle of an event? Or is the intention to encourage players to try out the new Endless Archive dungeon for more plunder skulls?
  • opaj
    opaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi! Hi! Ooh, over here!

I have two questions about Dremora Plunder Skull drops:

1. Does Bastion Nymic count as an invasion? I ask because it's structured more like a dungeon.
    2. What will Endless Archive count as?

(What do Oblivion Portals count as? I assume those are invasions, too? It's been a few years since I've chased Dremora Plunder Skulls.)
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Um... The Witches Festival event starts on October 26, and Update 40 comes out on October 30. Can anyone else see a bit of a problem here, with a long server outage, and potentially needing to rework builds/gear (due to combat skill changes in U40) in the middle of an event? Or is the intention to encourage players to try out the new Endless Archive dungeon for more plunder skulls?

if it really causes the entire day to be lost on pc then im sure the event will get an extension as has happened in the past for events with maintenance during them.

you dont need to change builds for witches festival, the easiest plunder skulls are delve bosses which you can kill on any character with any type of gear. even world bosses and world events as a lot of people are going to do those.
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Belegnole
    Belegnole
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Also to be proactive about this now, yes we know "spoopy" is used in the text. No, it is not a typo. It's an internet meme and our content writers really like the meme.
    giphy.gif

It's not funny
  • laniakea_0
    laniakea_0
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really appreciate that we get to see this announcement a full week in advance for once. please continue doing it this way from now on!
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yay, the red Christmas Indrik is back! :smiley: *still needs Berries for it*
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • N3CR01
    N3CR01
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Crowborne Hunter style looks cool! :smiley:
    Perhaps for future years you might consider moving the Dremora style pages to the grab bag as there is still a surfeit of them super cheap on most guild traders from past events.

Two of the guilds I'm in has guild bank full of them. Been there a couple of years now.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Belegnole wrote: »
    giphy.gif

It's not funny

Let them have their fun.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    giphy.gif

It's not funny

Partyspooper.
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

This is a regular occurrence for events.
  • wilykcat
    wilykcat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those who don't know:
    ikldgkry2f15.jpg

Nice one 👍 lol 😆

I also can't wait for the Halloween in-game event to start. Looks like it's going to be tons of fun and the rewards look awesome. Very spooky? , uh "spoopy", indeed. 🤣🫢
  • agelonestar
    agelonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spoopy

That is all.
    GM of Sunfire's Sect trading guild on PC/EU. All that is gold does not glitter; not all those who wander are lost...... some of us are just looking for trouble.
    GM of Sunfire's Sect (Open) & Dark Star Rising (Priv) | Retired GM of several trade guilds | Trader | Here since the beta
  • Cooperharley
    Cooperharley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    giphy.gif

It's not funny

Who spooped in your cereal?
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    giphy.gif

It's not funny

Who spooped in your cereal?

Froot Spoops?
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Very spoopy!
    Edited by SpacemanSpiff1 on October 24, 2023 6:33PM
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will the Crow drop anything worth all the work needed to get to that fightt?
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    blktauna wrote: »

the Quest gives you plunder skulls

🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I did the Crown quest once. Too much hassle. If you want purple plunder skulls you will have a greater reward vs effort result by camping an out-of-the-way delve boss.
    PC-EU
  • laniakea_0
    laniakea_0
    ✭✭✭✭
    Khenarthi wrote: »

I did the Crown quest once. Too much hassle. If you want purple plunder skulls you will have a greater reward vs effort result by camping an out-of-the-way delve boss.

what effort? you passively get the feathers simply by participating in the event and 1st alliance zones are overflowing with pugs during that time. in and out, in less than 5 minutes. I'd actually would want it to be more complex than it is.
  • jad11mumbler
    jad11mumbler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The decorated capital wayshrines is a very nice little detail you've added ZoS.

174 characters and counting over 13 accounts.

120 writ certified. 73 at CP rank.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    @jad11mumbler Glad you like the decorations! No news now, but we're hoping to add more to future events.
    Staff Post
  • SpiritKitten
    SpiritKitten
    ✭✭✭✭
    I LOVE the decorations all over!!! Thanks for doing this!
  • gwenthebard
    gwenthebard
    ✭✭
    The decorations everywhere in nirn (I noticed the other places don't celebrate) look nice. Helps get into the holiday, my friends I were just saying how we wanted something like this last year so we are fairly ecstatic it happened.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The "Passion Dancer's Attire" fragments are not available in this event. :disappointed:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    The "Passion Dancer's Attire" fragments are not available in this event. :disappointed:

yea because that's the collectible for quarter 3. we're in quarter 4 now so now we have the hoardhunter ursauk to collect.

usually all collectibles return during new life festival though.

🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • laniakea_0
    laniakea_0
    ✭✭✭✭
    I LOVE the decorations all over!!! Thanks for doing this!

it's definitely nice but only really in the most crowded parts of the game. it's not even throughout entire city. it doesn't feel like it's the citizens of tamriel celebrating... yet. perhaps the decorations could be expanded upon. next year. the more, the merrier.
    Edited by laniakea_0 on October 26, 2023 7:54PM
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    We noted in the Secrets of Telvanni Article that would be the last chance to get the Passion Dancer Attire through Q3 events.

As @LunaFlora noted, The Hoardhunter Ursauk is now available to work toward. We have that noted in the newest Witches Festival Article.
    Staff Post
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I would like to know is:
    Are the new Crowborne Hunter style pages, Forbidden Appetites Memento Runebox or Festival Festival Ghost Netch pet fragments capped to one per day or something ?

I mean this is usually the case when it comes to ESO events. I Got one Crowborne Hunter motive page, so I don't know if I can get more style pages/runebox/fragments by opening other Dremora Plunder Skulls, or (since I got one already) I can not get more and it is better to save the boxes for tomorrow to help a bit with RNG & have more "chances" per day.

Does any one know ?