The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Official Discussion Thread for "ESO Devs Talk U40's Group Finder and Grand Master Crafting Station"

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
ruj6ep6wp81o.jpg
This is the official discussion thread for, "ESO Devs Talk U40's Group Finder and Grand Master Crafting Station"

"Learn more about two of the big new additions arriving as part of the Update 40 base-game patch."
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on October 31, 2023 5:12PM
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So excited for these features!
  • tincanman
    tincanman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, looking forward to trying out both.

I don't use the current random group finder often and then mostly to fill a spot in vet but it might be interesting to see what kind of groups might emerge using various filters.
  • NeuroticPixels
    NeuroticPixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m stoked about the custom group finder. I hope we get plenty of room in the title and description to clarify exactly what we’re doing, where we’re doing it, and what kind of help we’re wanting.

Edit: Also, I hope several players can “queue” or request to join a group and that the creator/leader can pick and choose. It would be great if players queuing for custom groups could also include a little message (optional) in their invite request.
    Edited by NeuroticPixels on October 19, 2023 10:15AM
    Check out the ReShade I made: Crispy Sharpness
  • Nebs
    Nebs
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not looking forward to the cost of the Grand Master crafting stations. "Look at and be proud of" and an unnecessary high cost don't necessarily go together. In fact, that high cost can instead just make you feel bitter that you had to spend so much to save 300+ furnishing spaces.

All that cost and investment into a single item that could be destroyed accidentally and lost entirely. I resent the cost and that stations aren't collected after they're fed to a station.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nebs wrote: »
    I'm not looking forward to the cost of the Grand Master crafting stations. "Look at and be proud of" and an unnecessary high cost don't necessarily go together. In fact, that high cost can instead just make you feel bitter that you had to spend so much to save 300+ furnishing spaces.

All that cost and investment into a single item that could be destroyed accidentally and lost entirely. I resent the cost and that stations aren't collected after they're fed to a station.

the cost of a single grandmaster station is still far far less than the cost to actually get all of the crafted sets together

its 6000 voucher for 4 grandmaster stations, but nearly 80,000 writs for 4x tables of all existing crafted sets to actually fill them
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it bound when you buy it???????? Or can I sell them/donate?
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it bound when you buy it???????? Or can I sell them/donate?

as of right now on the PTS (and likely when it releases) the grandmaster stations will be bound to the buyer
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    @DUTCH_REAPER just wanted to follow up on your question. It is bound when you buy.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • TheWoanderer
    TheWoanderer
    ✭✭✭
    OK. Hopefully my question does not get hashed up in my delivery.

So I have all the craftable stations in my Guild House currently.

My question is this.
    If I feed my current tables into a Grand Master Crafting Station, do the physical tables disappear, or am I still able to display them, as well as the Grand Master Crafting Stations... so that my Guild Members can decide how they wish to craft?

For me personally, I quite enjoy running around from table to table but realise not all members would enjoy that.

So having both options within my Guild House would be pretty good.

Sincerely
    W'o'a

Edited by TheWoanderer on October 27, 2023 2:02PM
  • eleuthera91
    eleuthera91
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry if it is not the right place to ask or if this a question that has been already answered, but I just wanna know if the Grand Master crafting stations, when bought, have already insiede them all the crafting set of all the region that a player has unlocked, or I have to "feed" them every single attuned crafting station to unlock them in the grandmaster one?

I don't have the PTS so I cannot control myself :D
    Edited by eleuthera91 on October 27, 2023 2:01PM
  • Maythor
    Maythor
    ✭✭✭✭
    You have to feed the tables into the grand ones, and they are attached to that one furniture piece, no account binding of stations .. so look after those grand stations once you've fed into them!
  • Hamfast
    Hamfast
    ✭✭✭✭
    Overall, I hate that the Master Crafting Stations are Bind On Pick-up (BOP) this means any Guild Hall will have to be owned by a Crafter if they want to have them, instead of Supported by the Guild's crafters (donated).
    Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most...
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are they still bind on pickup? That defeats the purpose. Everyone in a guild usually donates a piece.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • NeuroticPixels
    NeuroticPixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah the bind reeeallly stinks. 🫤
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok got all crafting sets stations in my coldharbour house and the vouchers to buy them all
    my question is : will lazy writ crafter work with station when i do my master writs or not?cause if not ,no need to have them al in one imo
    Edited by method__01 on October 29, 2023 8:49PM
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The guild hall owners might need to buy the master attunable stations themselves but they can still rely on guild members for buying or donating the attunable stations that must be attuned and fed into the master attunable stations.

For a new guild hall, my advice would be to buy the master attunable stations first, then start working at acquiring attunable stations to attune and feed into the master attunable stations. And I would specifically start with the set stations which are located in difficult-to-reach locations, such as the crafting locations in Cyrodiil which can only be accessed if your alliance controls the towns they're in, or the crafting locations in Imperial City which require entering a gank-happy PvP environment. After those, I'd add the ones from the latest chapter which isn't accessible via ESO Plus, then start working back through the older chapters and DLC areas before worrying about the sets from the base game zones.

If your guild hall already contains all of the set crafting stations, I'd just leave them as they are as long as you haven't run out of room (furnishing slots). Once you're ready to get the master attunable stations, I'd start with just one and feed all of the attunable stations of that type into it, leaving all of the others as they are for the time being. Then I'd buy the other master attunable stations, one at a time, as I could afford them. There's no reason you need to buy all of them in one go.

That's just how I'd do it; others may have different plans. Since I haven't started collecting set stations yet myself, I'm going to follow my own advice about buying the four master attunable stations first, then gradually acquire attunable stations to feed into it. I've already got the ones that everybody got for free a while back, but aside from attuning one of them to one of the sets from Cyrodiil, I hadn't previously given much serious thought to how I'd like to acquire and arrange them in a house. Now that arranging them won't be as big of a deal, I can get serious about it.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • NeuroticPixels
    NeuroticPixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    method__01 wrote: »
    ok got all crafting sets stations in my coldharbour house and the vouchers to buy them all
    my question is : will lazy writ crafter work with station when i do my master writs or not?cause if not ,no need to have them al in one imo

That's a question for the author. If I were you, I'd wait and keep an eye on the addon page's comments section to see if you're safe to feed your old tables to the new one.
  • Nilandia
    Nilandia
    ✭✭✭
    My understanding is that it won't be ready from day 1, but the resources are in place for addon creators to interact with the crafting stations. I have no doubt that writ crafting addons can work with the new stations.
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's a question for the author. If I were you, I'd wait and keep an eye on the addon page's comments section to see if you're safe to feed your old tables to the new one.
    Nilandia wrote: »
    My understanding is that it won't be ready from day 1, but the resources are in place for addon creators to interact with the crafting stations. I have no doubt that writ crafting addons can work with the new stations.

ye,i guess ill wait and see-ill get the stations tho

ironic lazy writ addon stopped working today (coincidence ? ) while i was doing my daily's ,only auto writ that works atm is enchanting ,havent try food and potion cause ive premade them but blacksmith.clothing,woodwork and jewlery arent

edit: according to esoui,lazy crafter will be compatible with new stations
    https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1594-LibLazyCrafting.html#changelog
    Edited by method__01 on October 30, 2023 8:05AM
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• Ekoe1954
    Ekoe1954
    ✭✭✭
    found the "Add item set" button on the bottom as an option. Nice :)
    Edited by Ekoe1954 on October 30, 2023 5:31PM
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are the thresholds (number of sets added) at which the crafting stations gain additional details? :)
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are the thresholds (number of sets added) at which the crafting stations gain additional details? :)

iirc 30 or 40mi loaded all sets at once and crossing fingers for adds on to work (mostly lazy writ for my master writs)

Screenshot-20231030-232207.png

also the price for 4 stations is laughable low, i thought it was 6000 for each ,so i went loaded with 24k vouchers but..... :p

edit: i can confirm that al stations are working with master writs flawlessly, congratulations to zos team for their work and
    to addon author who made al this possible :smile:
    Edited by method__01 on October 30, 2023 9:54PM
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

iirc 30 or 40mi loaded all sets at once and crossing fingers for adds on to work (mostly lazy writ for my master writs)

Screenshot-20231030-232207.png

also the price for 4 stations is laughable low, i thought it was 6000 for each ,so i went loaded with 24k vouchers but..... :p

edit: i can confirm that al stations are working with master writs flawlessly, congratulations to zos team for their work and
    to addon author who made al this possible :smile:

I wouldn’t call that laughably low, considering each is more than a transmute station and the number of vouchers one gets from each master writ, but it is reasonable I think considering the functionality and unique appearance. :)

I’m glad to hear that everything is working great, but that doesn’t answer my question of how many sets I’ll need to add to upgrade the appearance of each. I only have the two sets from event rewards now and am not planning on collecting ALL of them (maybe eventually as a long long term goal) but will set a goal to work toward at least the first upgrade threshold.

EDIT: The first threshold (to the lightly attuned appearance) happens after you add the first set. :)
    Edited by Araneae6537 on October 31, 2023 1:16AM
  • dvonpm
    dvonpm
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unbind the grand master attunables please.

Been saving for months to donate to the guild house and nope. And now I get to start all over again.
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hmmm sorry cant answer,i loaded al sets at once and didnt noticed the change in apperance BUt i think after 20-30 sets-not sure :/
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA