The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Well this is really stupid (PVP related)

Tyralbin
Tyralbin
✭✭✭✭
If you visit a delve in Cyrodiil to get the AP 20% delve bonus one can end up being locked out of Cyrodiil because of population cap??????

Chars in the delves in Cyrodiil should be part of the population count.

Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on October 15, 2023 9:03PM
Live a little love a lot send all your gold to this Imperials pot.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agree. While the delve is a different instance they should be unique to each campaign and count participants as part of the campaign. Certainly a poor design to create such problems and even wise since the devs decided to offer the buff encouraging players to enter such a risk.

I’ve never experienced the issue.

Edited by Amottica on October 15, 2023 6:14PM
    Options
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    the delve boss issue is absolutely mental since you can get locked out of cyro, they should give it for completing a dolmen too.
    Options
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The possible "lock out" is due to the interior of the the delves not being actually in Cyrodiil. it is also the reason for the long load screen when you exit one of these delves.

Yes it is silly.

Been that way from the beginning, and like most of the issues in Cyrodiil probably never going to be fixed.

Edited by majulook on October 15, 2023 8:45PM
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Options
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic, as it's related to Cyrodiil.

Thank you for your understanding
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    majulook wrote: »
    The possible "lock out" is due to the interior of the the delves not being actually in Cyrodiil. it is also the reason for the long load screen when you exit one of these delves.

Yes it is silly.

Been that way from the beginning, and like most of the issues in Cyrodiil probably never going to be fixed.

If it were just a long load screen that would be one thing. The problem in a full campaign is the inability to leave the delve at all because the campaign is at population capacity.

You can keep trying the door until you get lucky but that may take 5 min or more. It doesn’t put you back in the queue but seems to wait until there’s an opening. You have to wait until someone in your faction leaves and the next person in the queue hasn’t been sent the offer, so you have to hit it at that perfect window of time.

Or just queue for IC to get out.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    Options
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yup, yup yup to all of the above. It could take a bit of time to leave when it's locked and queue time is estimated to be a couple minutes or 3.

I first realized delves aren't in Cyrodiil when I went into one at Black Water Blade (lowbie) on a level 49 character. The character leveled up while inside. I couldn't get out. About 15 minutes later I figured it out. Hellava confused was I. I had to queue for the vet campaign to leave. So sad.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
    Options
  • Soraka
    Soraka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup definitely an issue that should have been addressed a long time ago
    Options
  • Monte_Cristo
    Monte_Cristo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably for the same reason I once hit level 50 while inside a delve in the under 50 campaign, and it then wouldn't let me exit the delve. I had to queue for a different campaign and reenter Cyro just to hand in the delve quest.
    Options
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aaah yeah... fun times getting locked out of Cyro for entering delves. Think at one point, I got locked out in Cheesemonger because I wanted to get out of permacombat glitched state.
    Edited by IZZEFlameLash on October 16, 2023 4:08AM
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
    Options
  • Turtle_Bot
    Turtle_Bot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aaah yeah... fun times getting locked out of Cyro for entering delves. Think at one point, I got locked out in Cheesemonger because I wanted to get out of permacombat glitched state.

oof, that's not good, that's my main go to for clearing the combat bug..
    Options
  • BetweenMidgets
    BetweenMidgets
    ✭✭✭✭
    Equally bad, because sometimes going into a delve or Cheesemonger's is the only way to get rid of the 49999 day debuffs that get stuck on your characters. I mean ... I know they "fixed" those, but funny how they are still around lol.
    Options
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turtle_Bot wrote: »

oof, that's not good, that's my main go to for clearing the combat bug..

Yeah, it was saying something about how I am already on the queue or however that delve lock out msg went. I was like 'seriously?'
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
    Options
  • Oblivion_Protocol
    Oblivion_Protocol
    ✭✭✭✭
    The delves not being part of Cyrodiil creates multiple problems. First, people can get locked out if the pop cap is hit while they’re in the delves. Second, entire groups of players can go into a delve to lower their alliance population to get the low pop bonus, and then they pop out and run through the map getting more AP.
    Options
  • reazea
    reazea
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this how AD has been getting low pop bonus so consistently during morning hours EST America time?
    Options
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The delves not being part of Cyrodiil creates multiple problems. First, people can get locked out if the pop cap is hit while they’re in the delves. Second, entire groups of players can go into a delve to lower their alliance population to get the low pop bonus, and then they pop out and run through the map getting more AP.
    reazea wrote: »
    Is this how AD has been getting low pop bonus so consistently during morning hours EST America time?

As far as I have been made aware, the low pop bonus everyone seems oh so worried about does not just flip on and off like a switch the minute a faction’s population is reduced down to a certain number. It is something that occurs after a consistent drop. I’ve seen AD be the only one bar faction for multiple evaluations in a row with no bonus. Again, it’s understood that it must be consistently low and over consecutive evaluations.
    If I’m misunderstanding, someone else please enlighten everyone once and for all because this constant finger pointing is getting ridiculous.
    Options
  • Oblivion_Protocol
    Oblivion_Protocol
    ✭✭✭✭
    Delphinia wrote: »
    As far as I have been made aware, the low pop bonus everyone seems oh so worried about does not just flip on and off like a switch the minute a faction’s population is reduced down to a certain number. It is something that occurs after a consistent drop. I’ve seen AD be the only one bar faction for multiple evaluations in a row with no bonus. Again, it’s understood that it must be consistently low and over consecutive evaluations.
    If I’m misunderstanding, someone else please enlighten everyone once and for all because this constant finger pointing is getting ridiculous.

Even if it has to be consistent, the evaluations are on a timer. You can easily see them coming. Groups of players can hop into the delves around evaluation time and then come out after. Rinse and repeat until low pop hits.
    Options
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I really hope it doesn't work that way, and it's just another reason why player in the delves should count as part of the Cyrodiil player count.

How hard can it be to make them count while in the delves?
    Options
  • SandandStars
    SandandStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    saw a story about 250 bethesda devs working on starfield

guessing that leaves 2 for eso 🍻
    Options
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    saw a story about 250 bethesda devs working on starfield

guessing that leaves 2 for eso 🍻

Bethesda Softworks =/= ZOS =/= Bethesda Game Studios.

Starfield is developed by BGS. ESO is developed by ZOS.

Bethesda Game Studios doesn't even touch ESO. It doesn't matter if they have 1 or 1000 people working on Starfield, it has nothing to do with ESO because ESO is developed by ZOS and not BGS.

I don't understand how that's so hard for people to grasp.
    Edited by CameraBeardThePirate on November 26, 2023 4:32PM
    Options
  • Freilauftomate
    Freilauftomate
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand how that's so hard for people to grasp.

Well... If you look at wikipedia:

The Elder Scrolls Online
    abbreviated ESO, is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) developed by ZeniMax Online Studios and published by Bethesda Softworks.

ZeniMax Online Studios LLC
    is an American video game developer and a subsidiary of ZeniMax Media, specializing in massively multiplayer online games.[1] The company developed The Elder Scrolls Online and its downloadable content.

ZeniMax Media Inc.
    is an American video game holding company based in Rockville, Maryland, and founded in 1999.

The company owns publisher Bethesda Softworks with its development unit Bethesda Game Studios (developer of The Elder Scrolls, Fallout, and Starfield), as well as developers id Software (Doom, Quake, and Rage series), Arkane Studios (Dishonored, Prey, and Redfall), MachineGames (Wolfenstein series),[3] Tango Gameworks (The Evil Within, Ghostwire: Tokyo, and Hi-Fi Rush),[4] and ZeniMax Online Studios (The Elder Scrolls Online).

Microsoft announced its intent to acquire ZeniMax Media and all its subsidiaries for $7.5 billion on September 21, 2020.[5] The acquisition was completed on March 9, 2021.[6] ZeniMax Media is a subsidiary of Microsoft Gaming along with Xbox Game Studios and Activision Blizzard.

Bethesda Softworks LLC
    is an American video game publisher based in Rockville, Maryland. The company was founded by Christopher Weaver in 1986 as a division of Media Technology Limited. In 1999, it became a subsidiary of ZeniMax Media. In its first 15 years, it was a video game developer and self-published its titles. In 2001, Bethesda spun off its in-house development team into Bethesda Game Studios, leaving Bethesda Softworks to focus on publishing operations.

In March 2021, Microsoft acquired Bethesda's parent company ZeniMax Media, maintaining that the company will continue to operate as a separate business.[1] While part of the larger Microsoft Gaming division, Bethesda Softworks retains its function as the publisher of games developed by the different studios under ZeniMax Media.

Bethesda Game Studios
    is an American video game developer and a studio of ZeniMax Media based in Rockville, Maryland. It is best known for its action role-playing franchises, including The Elder Scrolls, Fallout, and Starfield. Bethesda Game Studios was established in 2001 as the development unit of Bethesda Softworks, separating from publishing operations. Todd Howard serves as the studio's executive producer, leading it with managing director Ashley Cheng and studio director Angela Browder. As of November 2023, Bethesda Game Studios has 450 employees.

Microsoft Gaming
    is a multinational video game and digital entertainment division of Microsoft. Microsoft Gaming produces the Xbox brand of video game consoles and services, in addition to overseeing the production, game development, publishing, research and development, sales (hardware, software, and services) of Xbox and the division's three subsidiaries (publishers) worldwide. The three subsidiaries consist of: Xbox Game Studios, ZeniMax Media (Bethesda Softworks acts as publisher), and Activision Blizzard (publishing split between Activision, Blizzard Entertainment, and King), each publish games under their own respective labels.[1] CEO Phil Spencer, who has concurrently overseen the Xbox brand since 2014, is the leader of the division.

Prior to 2022, Microsoft had several areas of video game-related product lines, including Xbox hardware, Xbox operations, and game development studios. Microsoft Gaming was created in 2022 with the announcement of Microsoft's plans to acquire Activision Blizzard to unify all of Microsoft's gaming groups within a single division. With the completion of the Activision Blizzard acquisition in 2023, Microsoft Gaming makes Microsoft the third-largest gaming company worldwide by revenue and the largest video game employer in the United States.[2][3]

Intellectual property owned by the company include some of the most widely popular and highest selling video game franchises of all time, such as Call of Duty, Minecraft, Halo, Warcraft, Diablo, StarCraft, Overwatch, The Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Banjo-Kazooie, Doom, Wolfenstein, Quake, Dishonored, The Evil Within, Fable, Gears of War, Forza, Guitar Hero, Tony Hawk's, Microsoft Flight Simulator, Age of Empires and Candy Crush.

etc.

I kind of get how this all can be a little confusing.
    Options
  • Freilauftomate
    Freilauftomate
    ✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't matter if they have 1 or 1000 people working on Starfield, it has nothing to do with ESO because ESO is developed by ZOS and not BGS.

It kind of matters when ESO employees leave ESO to work for other games like Starfield.
    Options
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It doesn't matter if they have 1 or 1000 people working on Starfield, it has nothing to do with ESO because ESO is developed by ZOS and not BGS.

It kind of matters when ESO employees leave ESO to work for other games like Starfield.

That's not really how a company works.

People aren't leaving ZOS in droves to work on a BGS game. BGS has their own team with their own hires. Sure, they might hire a few people internally under the larger Zenimax umbrella, but that's not where the vast majority of their devs are coming from.

ZOS has another mmo they've been working on. This is known. That's where a lot of their focus has gone. It has not gone to Starfield, a game they don't even have a hand in making.
    Options