The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Housing Limits Increased PLEASE = More money for Zenimax

Fightin_Irish_Johnny
Can we PLEASE, PLEASE get an increase to the limits placed on housing items. Especially the "Special Collectables" I enjoy collecting the mounts and the housing Assistants. You have us limited to 10. Like what the heck ? Why is the limit so low. I have over 75 Radiant Mounts alone. yes 75 O;o which provided allot of $$$ to Zenimax. I also really like the many housing assistants. However am limited to displaying a whopping 10. I don't even want to buy anymore if I can not display them. Please increase this.

Please go take a peak at my version of Pariah's Pinnacle in Wrothgar it is really somthing to behold. You won't regret it.When people visit they all jaw drop eyes wide open and say OMG ! I built castles up in the sky and accesses to them. It is an amazing use of imagination and I really spent over three years collecting and building it. I bet if you see my imagination masterpiece it will motivate you to consider my request :wink:

I would really like to display more of the fun "Special Collectable" It also might just make you guys more money. I would purchase more assistants but right now for what to sit unused ?

Please consider this. I am sure I am not alone.

Cheers,

And do go have a look !
Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 14, 2023 10:05AM
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Options
    Staff Post
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have answered in the past it is not currently possible to increase the limit on a technical level
    Options
  • RagnarSw
    RagnarSw
    ✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    They have answered in the past it is not currently possible to increase the limit on a technical level

We also got this from Las Vegas earlier this year though

Options
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    RagnarSw wrote: »

that's referring to the grandmaster crafting stations freeing up furnishing slots for people who have hundreds of attuneable crafting stations in their homes
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »

that's referring to the grandmaster crafting stations freeing up furnishing slots for people who have hundreds of attuneable crafting stations in their homes

Yup. Here's the full exchange.

hhz9gny7r99o.jpg

This is the type of workaround for the technical limits that people have been asking for. Other things include tables and shelves that come filled with various types of clutter, so that slots aren't needed to fill them up.
    Options
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yup. Here's the full exchange.

hhz9gny7r99o.jpg

This is the type of workaround for the technical limits that people have been asking for. Other things include tables and shelves that come filled with various types of clutter, so that slots aren't needed to fill them up.

yea i love furnishings like that.
    the recent alchemy shelves and all the new book pile and stack furnishings are so useful.

🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
    Options
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

They can increase the limit on special collectables. 10 is nowhere near enough. You have all those houseguests, you'll probably want a banker and merchant, maybe some mounts in a stable in some houses, a pet or two to walk around. You cannot do it. You cannot add them like you want.
    Options
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

They can increase the limit on special collectables. 10 is nowhere near enough. You have all those houseguests, you'll probably want a banker and merchant, maybe some mounts in a stable in some houses, a pet or two to walk around. You cannot do it. You cannot add them like you want.

if they really could i think they would have done that already.
    plus not every house needs to have your assistants.
    i would also like more special collectibles in my houses, but i just switch them occasionally.
    Edited by LunaFlora on October 16, 2023 3:01PM

🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

if they really could i think they would have done that already.
    plus not every house needs to have your assistants.
    i would also like more special collectibles in my houses, but i just switch them occasionally.

Same here. If you give the special collectible a path, you can use the change object feature in the path edit menu to swap that collectible with any other one you want. Doing it this way allows you swap the collectible without altering the path it takes.
    Options
  • Ravensilver
    Ravensilver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We had a pinned thread by one of the Devs quite a while back.

Basically, it came down to 'we can't do it because of consoles' - lots of people still playing on old(er) consoles that can't handle the data.

But... then the thread went on to ask for suggestions from us, the players/customers.

And we stepped up. We answered and suggested and discussed and talked... pages and pages of it.

There was never any feedback from the OP Dev, and then the thread was deleted one day. Basically ghosting all of us who'd taken the time to consider and ponder and try to find solutions.

So. That's where we stand.

For all of us who *don't* use attuneable crafting stations, this changes nothing.
    Options
  • Fightin_Irish_Johnny
    Ok lets break this down:

Traditional Furnishings = 700 limit. Wow lots - awesome.
    Collectable Furnishings = 110 limit. Pretty good.
    Special Collectables = 10 limit. Why so low ?
    Special furnishings = 10 limit. Why so low ?

I see someone saying data as the reason they can not raise the limit. I don't see how that is the reason. If you look at "Training Dummies" They are "Traditional Furnishings". And Mounts, Houseguests and Assistants are all Special collectables.

Think about the Training Dummies they are interactive, they collect allot of data that they process, track and analyze. Compared to a Mount that does nothing but sit still or a House guest that has 4 verses or even an assistant that does basically simple math. None of these do any more than a Training Dummy. If anything the appearance and functions of a Training Dummy require far more data than some of the others. Or equally as much. Just can't imagine much more ?

So basically one could place 700 Training Dummies in a house because they are categorized as "Traditional Furnishings" and that would be less Data than 10 Special collectables IE: Mount, Pet, House guest, Assistant. ? I don't see this being the reason.

Is this a simple task to just change what category a Mount, Pet, House Guest, Assistant is listed as ? What coding difference is there for one of these verse a Training Dummy ?

Well I will keep trying. Not sure if the way things run is the same as a couple years ago. However because of my interest and likely level of investment financially lol. I was a major contributor in going back and forth with one extremely awesome Dev on the idea of making the Radiant Mounts purchasable with the accumulated gems obtained from the crown crates.

It was very cool to see that my idea was taken serious and eventually implemented. And truthfully that is one of the reasons I really want to see this limit change allowing us the ability to display our collections. My radiant mount count is over 75. being limited to 10 is a real bummer. Same with the number of Pets, the pet collectors can only place 10. Or a mix of both for 10 only. Same with House guests and Assistants. All combined a limit of 10 :(

But allow up to 700 Training Dummies ? Because they are categorized as "Traditional Furnishings" Hmmm.. pondering ?

If it's really just re-categorizing. Please consider this request. Let us display our collectables ! Some invest allot of time and money.

Thanks for reading ..
    Options
  • Dimorphos
    Dimorphos
    ✭✭
    The furnishing limits are based on the fact that zenimax keep supporting older generation consoles which run ESO and since those consoles are very limited in their hardware capability, we are doomed to endure these current furnishing limits. Simple as that.

Zenimax has also confirmed that there is no change to this in sight. But I would like to add that there is no change in sight, yet! As we have seen, ESO has changed a lot since the first years and it is soon 10 years old game. Consoles keep on upgrading too and as newer generations are being launched, older ones will eventually become obsolete. Sure as daylight. We also know and zenimax knows that housing and furnishing is one of the most enjoyed content of the game so it will surely be in their minds while coming up with new ideas to develop the game. And with the new master crafting stations coming up and releasing some 350 slots for guilds houses, we can see that zenimax has taken the first major step forward towards more furnishing slots allowed.

So it is only a matter of time. I would say that give this a few years more time and they will eventually up the furnishing cap and end the support for older console generations. For example, when people can get current console gen. cheap from outlet stores and there are soon 2 newer gens. on the market and we can assume that barely no one plays with older than 9th gen consoles (which is the current ones first released 2020) it is then when we will see the furnishing cap being raised. I would estimate this to happen somewhere between 2025-2027.

It could also be that they can come up with similar workarounds as the master crafting stations to allow more effective furnishing.
    Edited by Dimorphos on October 21, 2023 11:08AM
    Options
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dimorphos wrote: »
    The furnishing limits are based on the fact that zenimax keep supporting older generation consoles which run ESO and since those consoles are very limited in their hardware capability, we are doomed to endure these current furnishing limits. Simple as that.

Zenimax has also confirmed that there is no change to this in sight. But I would like to add that there is no change in sight, yet! As we have seen, ESO has changed a lot since the first years and it is soon 10 years old game. Consoles keep on upgrading too and as newer generations are being launched, older ones will eventually become obsolete. Sure as daylight. We also know and zenimax knows that housing and furnishing is one of the most enjoyed content of the game so it will surely be in their minds while coming up with new ideas to develop the game. And with the new master crafting stations coming up and releasing some 350 slots for guilds houses, we can see that zenimax has taken the first major step forward towards more furnishing slots allowed.

So it is only a matter of time. I would say that give this a few years more time and they will eventually up the furnishing cap and end the support for older console generations. For example, when people can get current console gen. cheap from outlet stores and there are soon 2 newer gens. on the market and we can assume that barely no one plays with older than 9th gen consoles (which is the current ones first released 2020) it is then when we will see the furnishing cap being raised. I would estimate this to happen somewhere between 2025-2027.

It could also be that they can come up with similar workarounds as the master crafting stations to allow more effective furnishing.

older PCs are also supported. it's not just last gen consoles.

2025-2027 honestly still sounds too soon for zos to drop support for hardware older than ~2019-2020.
    especially considering 2025 is the 10 year anniversary of the console release of eso.
    dropping last gen consoles right after that would be pretty strange.

Sony and Microsoft would have to drop the prices of the new gen consoles pretty low for that to be okay

🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
    Options
  • Dimorphos
    Dimorphos
    ✭✭

2025-2027 honestly still sounds too soon for zos to drop support for hardware older than ~2019-2020.
    especially considering 2025 is the 10 year anniversary of the console release of eso.

Sony and Microsoft would have to drop the prices of the new gen consoles pretty low for that to be okay

Many games have actively raised their minimum system requirements to run the game without struggle. It is very common thing to happen in 3-5 year cycles. If ESO wishes to evolve as it seems they do, then they will eventually need to raise the bar concerning minimum system requirement. This is not just about player housing but the game in general and future graphics improvements. Maybe my estimate of 2025-2027 is too optimistic but not impossible. It is pretty obvious that if ESO wants to stay alive while newer mmorpg are being released soon and the competition on the market will grow, they need to act rather sooner than later. And I do not think microsoft made 7 billion deal for fun, they will demand that zenimax delivers continuity and comes up with fresh updates and frequent release of content which will keep the business running and hopefully lure in new customers. After microsoft bought zenimax studio, I think we can see a clear rush up in game development.

Options
  • bradleymsimmons
    bradleymsimmons
    ✭✭✭

Many games have actively raised their minimum system requirements to run the game without struggle. It is very common thing to happen in 3-5 year cycles. If ESO wishes to evolve as it seems they do, then they will eventually need to raise the bar concerning minimum system requirement. This is not just about player housing but the game in general and future graphics improvements. Maybe my estimate of 2025-2027 is too optimistic but not impossible. It is pretty obvious that if ESO wants to stay alive while newer mmorpg are being released soon and the competition on the market will grow, they need to act rather sooner than later. And I do not think microsoft made 7 billion deal for fun, they will demand that zenimax delivers continuity and comes up with fresh updates and frequent release of content which will keep the business running and hopefully lure in new customers. After microsoft bought zenimax studio, I think we can see a clear rush up in game development.

Well said!

I bought the Grand Psijic Villa and just finished decorating it. I have only 8 slots left. Thing is, I didn't have enough slots to decorate the ENTIRE house. Both side wings in front of the house, with the tall windows, I closed off. Come on guys... it's time. These large homes should allow at least 1,000 Traditional Furnishings!
    Options
  • Freilauftomate
    Freilauftomate
    ✭✭✭✭
    The old "let's blame consoles for everything" story again... If "old consoles" really were the reason for the housing limitations, then it would be easy to just let PC gamers have more slots than console players. It would be just as easy to give PC players an extra performance mode and better graphics. But that's not happening. So please just leave the consoles alone, thanks.
    Options
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The old "let's blame consoles for everything" story again... If "old consoles" really were the reason for the housing limitations, then it would be easy to just let PC gamers have more slots than console players. It would be just as easy to give PC players an extra performance mode and better graphics. But that's not happening. So please just leave the consoles alone, thanks.

Yes, they would have to raise the requirements for PC so you are not running a 20 year old version of Windows anymore.
    Edited by katanagirl1 on October 25, 2023 12:54AM
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

Options
  • Vynera
    Vynera
    ✭✭✭
    Didnt they add in one of the last updates some video settings that render only stuff thats in the players view instead of everything in the zone all the time?
    Can't this be adapted to furnishings in homes, only render furnishings that are in the players view + maybe light sources always. Tie it to view radius / automatically decrease view radius on lower hardware when entering a home with lots of furnishings. Cannot believe that this is "not possible"
    Options
  • CyborgJiro
    CyborgJiro
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure I believe that they cannot be done. 10 is not even close to enough. And it's even worse if you are using a medium sized house with less things to load has an even lower limit.
    Options
  • bradleymsimmons
    bradleymsimmons
    ✭✭✭
    I think the thing most irritating is they add hundreds of new furnishing items each year with no plan to ever raise the cap, which has been in place for a decade now. Request after request after request to increase and they don't even try to find middle ground. Some way to increase it, even slightly. Nope, just keep adding hundreds and hundreds of new furnishing items please (that I can't use).
    Options
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think the thing most irritating is they add hundreds of new furnishing items each year with no plan to ever raise the cap, which has been in place for a decade now. Request after request after request to increase and they don't even try to find middle ground. Some way to increase it, even slightly. Nope, just keep adding hundreds and hundreds of new furnishing items please (that I can't use).

housing was introduced in 2017, so only 6 years.

🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
    Options
  • CrazyKitty
    CrazyKitty
    ✭✭✭✭
    More resources into housing means less resources for other aspects of the game. More emphasis on housing will mean that other parts of the game will suffer.
    Options
  • Roxxsmom
    Roxxsmom
    ✭✭✭
    I agree it would be great to be able to increase special collectables, including pets.

I always thought it would be cool to build a sort of zoo or wildlife preserve with one of those open area houses, but with such a tight limit on the critters it would feel very empty.
    Options
  • Pixiepumpkin
    Pixiepumpkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like the collectable furnishings moved into traditional furnishings. 700 is too low to really do anything with in larger spaces.

I'd also like to see lights created with a "spotlight" effect. AOE lighitng generally takes more calculations than spot lighitng in 3D rendering. Spot lights should reduse strain increasing performance.

"𝕰𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖘 𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖆𝖇𝖘𝖔𝖑𝖚𝖙𝖊, 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖐𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖒𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖘." ― Sotha Sil
    PC/NA
    Options
  • Northwold
    Northwold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like the collectable furnishings moved into traditional furnishings. 700 is too low to really do anything with in larger spaces.

I'd also like to see lights created with a "spotlight" effect. AOE lighitng generally takes more calculations than spot lighitng in 3D rendering. Spot lights should reduse strain increasing performance.

In case missed, there is the clockwork illuminator, spot https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/628982/eso-luxury-furniture-items-2023-03-10

But I don't know if in rendering terms it functions as a true spotlight. The buzzing sound it makes can be a bit wearing playing with headphones and I really wish we could turn it off.
    Options
  • Pixiepumpkin
    Pixiepumpkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Northwold wrote: »

In case missed, there is the clockwork illuminator, spot https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/628982/eso-luxury-furniture-items-2023-03-10

But I don't know if in rendering terms it functions as a true spotlight. The buzzing sound it makes can be a bit wearing playing with headphones and I really wish we could turn it off.

Thank you.

They work ok as spotlights, although pretty limited and a cool light rather than a warm light.

Generally speaking, spotlights take less rendering becasue there are less shadow calculations as the light is more focused. They also create a stronger mood and do not leak through walls (unless faced into the wall).

4od4e8cb3zk3.png

"𝕰𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖘 𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖆𝖇𝖘𝖔𝖑𝖚𝖙𝖊, 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖐𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖒𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖘." ― Sotha Sil
    PC/NA
    Options
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Zenimax has actively raised the minimum system requirements to run the game without a struggle. Most major GaaS understand that most players do not replace their PC every 4-5 years.

A lesson MS learned with Windows 11 when their OS is not permitted to run on a lot of strong machines sold in the past 5 years. It has been speculated they will correct that error with the W12.

So sure, it is not impossible, but it is not likely due to sound business reasoning.

Edited by Amottica on January 8, 2024 1:47PM
    Options
  • GooGa592
    GooGa592
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS operates with a set amount of server resources. So if they devote more to housing other aspects of the game will suffer.
    Options
  • Freilauftomate
    Freilauftomate
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is pretty obvious that if ESO wants to stay alive while newer mmorpg are being released soon and the competition on the market will grow, they need to act rather sooner than later. And I do not think microsoft made 7 billion deal for fun, they will demand that zenimax delivers continuity and comes up with fresh updates and frequent release of content which will keep the business running and hopefully lure in new customers. After microsoft bought zenimax studio, I think we can see a clear rush up in game development.

Idk. When you can just buy all your competition, you don't really need to bother about anything.

None of the products i liked 20 years ago got better after the companies sold out to giant corporations. They are all pretty much useless to me now, or don't even exist anymore. And in some cases i can't even choose between different products, because there is no real competition left.

With that in mind i was still hoping and praying that Microsoft would show some sign of good faith and offer a lot of help to fix ESO's problems as soon as possible. But i have not seen any signs of that happening yet. Maybe when Xbox Game Studios releases the next ESO, everything will be different.
    Options
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    GooGa592 wrote: »
    ZOS operates with a set amount of server resources. So if they devote more to housing other aspects of the game will suffer.

The furnishing limitation has more to do with what the lower-end PCs can handle per Zenimax.

Options