The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

LIMITED TIME FOR ENEMIES IN UNFLAGGED KEEPS PS4/5 NA

Tzirzhalir
Tzirzhalir
✭✭
Alot of players will break down a door or wall at a keep to solely run around the surrounding platform walls and annoy or troll the keep instead of actually taking the keep as the game intends players to do. These players are known as trolls and usually are in a ball group. It can take up to an hour at times to be rid of all of them and by this stage the front door has been fixed to 100%, the keep is not flagged anymore and it's a chase around the walls. I was thinking if ZOS devs had to put a timer on a keep that is unflagged for at least a full 3 minutes and then after those 3 minutes every enemy player within the keeps interior will automatically be kicked out and sent to their closest keep. This would stop the ongoing trolling that is happening in all campaigns and probably every platform. These players have no intention of playing the game properly and just want to hold people in the keep as a distraction. I believe with a timer in place it would make Cyrodiil a much better experience. I am certain the devs of ZOS could improve upon my idea by adjusting time i mentioned or how long after a keep is unflagged to kick unwelcome trolls. I'm not the expert here. I'm hoping the devs will read this and perhaps try to stop this kind of trolling behaviour in PVP. I feel this type of trolling is not how Cyrodiil PVP was meant to be played, as it stands so many people will use backhanded tactics usually against how Cyrodiil is supposed to be played. Cyrodiil and PVP in eso has so much potential to be impoved and upgraded to make the alliance ar a more fair experience and to stop all kinds of bad sportsmanship from happening. I hope to see some great changes in the futute. Thank you.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you could always just ignore the ball group and go anywhere else lol

the only reason they are actually running around the keep instead of taking it is likely because there is too much firepower to actually sit on a ram or siege the door

if they stand still too long they will start getting sieged and even a ball group can only stand up to so much siege
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • AstroST
    AstroST
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For what we know ZOS loves ball groups, they never done anything to tone them down, on the contrary they often add new sets that make them stronger.
    If you don' like it just stop doing PvP here, I don't think anything will ever change.

Options
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I always stay behind on the corner keeps, and flag the postern the minute everyone ports out. I'm usually solo if doing this I try to flag the keep right before my alliance flags the keep they actually need to take elsewhere. This action gets me little to no AP, but helps the alliance.

Fear is the Mindkiller
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice nord SnB...that's cool, although I'm aware of my AP gain a lot, it's fun to just forget about points and simply fight for your alliance...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
    Options
  • Oblivion_Protocol
    Oblivion_Protocol
    ✭✭✭✭
    I get how the strategy can be annoying when groups do it just to troll. But there’s also a tactical purpose to doing it. Namely, it’s to prevent defensive players from responding to another front door siege. And if they do respond, now there’s a group that will attack them from the inside while they’re trying to counter-siege.

And, as many have pointed out before, sometimes it’s fun to just fight without worrying about points. It’s a challenge to see how long you can survive or how many people you can kill.
    Options
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread really has a lot of antagonism towards non-zerg gameplay lol. It makes it seem like there's a wrong play to pvp in cyrodiil, and not playing with the intentions of taking the map = playing the game wrong. There's no right or wrong way to play the game.

Also if people "trolling" is that much of a problem, you can always just go ignore the trolls and push the map instead. You literally mentioned they have "no intentions" of taking the keep, so what incentive is there to fight someone who has nothing to lose?
    You have all to lose, and they have everything to gain. At that point it's a conscious choice to grief yourself, lol.
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
    Options
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If one person is keeping you occupied and causing so much trouble, it sounds to me like they are successful.
    Options
  • Moothos
    Moothos
    ✭✭
    Kicking all enemies out of a keep after it unflags is a bad limitation. Cyrodiil is meant for pvp, people who are inside a keep and fight while it's unflagged are pvping (and distracting the enemy, which can actually help other people in their faction take keeps). Or maybe they will flag the keep again and actually succeed in capturing it. Why limit people's freedom to pvp as they want to? That just ends fights prematurely and makes Cyrodiil more boring.

A good approach to the ball groups who run around unflagged keeps while farming people is to not feed them. Why not just keep your distance and siege them instead? Or if you're not having fun you can just walk away from the keep. Don't worry about them taking the keep, the rewards for winning the campaign are garbage anyway. For 1st place, you receive a few thousand more gold and 5 purple jewelry. That's for 30 days of effort.
    Edited by Moothos on October 14, 2023 2:28AM
    Options
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

We have recently removed some unnecessary back and forth from this thread. This is a reminder to keep the discussion civil and constructive. Please keep our Community Rules in mind moving forward.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Tzirzhalir
    Tzirzhalir
    ✭✭
    It is not a strategy. the reason it should be implemented is to stop unnecessary trolling. I have seen blatant wall glitching to enter unflagged keeps, players running around for more than 2 hours within a keep and not take it until they all die, usually one will jump off the keep and put a camp up so they can rinse and repeat. If players want to 1v1 or 1vx they can go and duel. It is not about just IGNORING THE PROBLEM, it is about finding a SOLUTION to the PROBLEM. People who do this do not care about the map or winning, they are trolls and are there to troll you. I will not just leave or sit on a meatbag as it does not change anything. Cyrodiil is becoming a place where players are allowed to do what they want this includes expolitation, cheating and trolling. ZOS need to address these problems. Fix walls so players cannot glitch through them using their mounts, Fix upper ledges so players cannot use their mounts to enter an inner keep to run around it for hours. This is NOT PVP.
    Options
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It saddens me to read how other people's playstyles are being downplayed by calling it trolling.

You don't understand it, but that doesn't make it an invalid playstyle. While Cyrodiil is designed to play for the map, it's not mandatory to join a zerg and run from keep to keep.

Fairly recently I made a recording of my group of 4-5 people keeping a 30-40 man zerg occupied in their homekeep for about 30 minutes. After that they finally got us, but during that period that zerg was not busy taking the keeps of my alliance. How is this not a valid tactic?

It is PvP. Whether or not you want it to be.
    Options
  • Tzirzhalir
    Tzirzhalir
    ✭✭
    It's not valid because the majority of players who do this don't care about winning or score. Maybe your group does but most only do it to troll. There is no strategy involved most of the time.
    Options
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Have you asked them why they do it? And even if your nemesis does it for fun... Because they don't have the same goal as you, it's an invalid playstyle and should be stopped?
    Options
  • Moothos
    Moothos
    ✭✭
    You're asking ZOS to implement something to fix a personal problem for you. Just walk away from the fights that continue in unflagged keeps if they make you unhappy. The rest of the people there clearly want to pvp. It's none of your business whether they care about winning the campaign.

Edited by Moothos on October 14, 2023 4:13PM
    Options
  • Tzirzhalir
    Tzirzhalir
    ✭✭
    It is not a personal problem. Many others feel the same way. I would also like to point out that I have received incredibly negative feedback on this post. I am simply putting an idea across as trolling seems to be happening more than usual. It is unkind of you to assume as to why I made this post.
    Options
  • Tzirzhalir
    Tzirzhalir
    ✭✭
    I never walk away. Waking away is just ignoring a problem. This is something that needs to be addressed.
    Options
  • Moothos
    Moothos
    ✭✭
    Why is people pvping in a way that you don't like an actual problem for the game? As long as there's no exploiting, who are you to say it's a problem?

If you don't want to walk away from fights that make you unhappy, that is your issue. It doesn't matter if multiple people feel the same way, that just means it's a personal problem for them too. Trying to stop pvp in a pvp zone is silly. If the keep is unflagged it can be flagged again, the fight isn't over yet.
    Edited by Moothos on October 14, 2023 4:52PM
    Options