The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Low-pop PC-NA GH needs to be fixed

DizzyMac
DizzyMac
✭✭✭
12-16 hours per day AD is getting low pop bonus, even when they are 3 bars population. how is it possible to be so close to being in the lead yet live off low pop bonuses?

d2yd10dt8h0b.png

hbyt6wlrvz06.png

Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on September 17, 2023 3:26AM
  • ProudMary
    ProudMary
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And 50 minutes after this screen shot was taken AD moved into first place based upon the low population bonus.

I'd guess that, on PC NA, that about 20-30% of AD's points come from low pop bonus.

The low pop bonus system has been terribly broken and discussed at least 40 times on this forum since the day they lowered the faction pop cap to about 80/faction without adjusting the low pop bonus algorithm.

Again, this issue has been discussed so many times already it's a virtual guarantee ZOS has no plans to fix or cares one iota for how unfair this system is now.

Edited by ProudMary on September 16, 2023 4:26PM
    Options
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic, as it's related to campaigns.

Thank you for your understanding
    Options
    Staff Post
  • DizzyMac
    DizzyMac
    ✭✭✭
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic, as it's related to campaigns.

Thank you for your understanding

LMAO. its related to poor dynamics by ZOS, but ok
    Options
  • DizzyMac
    DizzyMac
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno any thoughts?
    Options
  • Tigor
    Tigor
    ✭✭✭
    Bonus systems are never fair to those who can't reach them.

Broken or not there is always someone profitting from them.

These unfair feelings have been there for years. Try to celebrate small victories and see them as milestones.

GM - Decimation Elite - Ebonheart Pact - Ravenwatch EU/PC - aka Tigor (AR50), Leopard Tank (AR50) , Captain-Caveman (AR50), Tigors Claw (AR50), -Bud Spencer (AR38+)
    Options
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This was an issue some time ago but went away when the population was healthy. Lately; I've been. Able to log in DC prime time straight into Cyrodoiil and the problem is back. We've hit dips before, but it's only going to keep getting worse. Just can't worry about it at that point.
    Options
  • biminirwb17_ESO
    biminirwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The low pop bonus is awarded to a faction that has a low population for a period of time.

If, for instance, DC has 3 bars and AD 1 bar for a couple of hours it will kick in, it is not instant, this is working as intended.

If the bonus only occurred when there was a low population, it would not be worth having.

p.s. I have played AD for 12+ hours most days this camp and have never seen a low pop bonus.
    Edited by biminirwb17_ESO on September 18, 2023 11:04AM
    Options
  • Oblivion_Protocol
    Oblivion_Protocol
    ✭✭✭✭
    The low pop bonus is awarded to a faction that has a low population for a period of time.

If, for instance, DC has 3 bars and AD 1 bar for a couple of hours it will kick in, it is not instant, this is working as intended.

If the bonus only occurred when there was a low population, it would not be worth having.

p.s. I have played AD for 12+ hours most days this camp and have never seen a low pop bonus.

Right. So when half the server purposefully logs out, leaving behind a ball group or two worth of people to run over pugs and capture keeps while still profiting off the low pop bonus, is that what ZoS “intended”? Because if so, the whole system needs to be burned to the ground.

I’ve legitimately seen people post “log out for low pop” in faction chat. Then, I’ve watched the bonus hit in minutes. Not hours. Minutes. And it lasted for well over an hour.

This isn’t War Games. You shouldn’t win by not playing.
    Edited by Oblivion_Protocol on September 29, 2023 6:34PM
    Options