The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.1 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657287/pts-incremental-patch-maintenance-extended-april-22-2024

PTS Update 24 - Feedback Thread for the Bristleneck War Boar

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for the Bristleneck War Boar. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
  • Did you get the Bristleneck War Boar? If so, where did you find it?
  • Did you understand how it worked?
  • Did it appear to function as it’s supposed to?
  • Do you have any other general feedback?
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the pet that gives 5 inventory slots right? Is this going to be crown exclusive?
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm guessing it's not crown exclusive
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did you get the Bristleneck War Boar? If so, where did you find it?

I found it hiding in the crown store. Couldn't find any merchants selling it.

Did you understand how it worked?

You pay crowns. You get 5 extra slots added to the bag space of all your characters. You get a non-combat pet.

Did it appear to function as it’s supposed to?

Yes

Do you have any other general feedback?

I won't be buying this on Live.
    PC EU
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where did you find it?
    Is this a game of "Where's Waldo?" Do we get hints?

I can't test on PTS due to the size requirements, so I appreciate the testers checking this out.
    Edited by VaranisArano on September 17, 2019 2:46PM
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They had to of seen that its been a issue that some find as BAD because the way it looks they gave us bag space upgrade we've asked for in the form of an store item ONLY pushing the P2W/P2P lines an lil further
    Edited by Nordic__Knights on September 17, 2019 2:51PM
  • alcosh
    alcosh
    ✭✭
    [*] Did you get the Bristleneck War Boar? If so, where did you find it?
    In crown store. Bought it for 1 crown. It's a fair price!
    [*] Did you understand how it worked?
    I hold 200 items and the boar holds other 5 items. I feel myself like I'm his pack mule.
    [*] Did it appear to function as it’s supposed to?
    Idk. We should ask the boar.
    [*] Do you have any other general feedback?
    Can I evolve him to mount please? Which berries I need to feed him to do that?
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The only acceptable way to implement this is to make the boar pet achievable via in-game achievements. The only reason people defend these types of additions to the Cash Shop is because Zo$ is smart enough to keep the buff/values low enough to make it debatable. What is really going on here is Zo$ is pushing the envelope with Pay-to-Play micro-transactions, and trying to ease the players into it. Players who are still in denial about this will have a rude awakening some day in the future when Cash shop transactions finally take over the game-play.
  • January1171
    January1171
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do appreciate that this is account-wide instead of character-wide. That's what skill line/skyshard unlocks should have been- account wide. If I'm going to spend $10-$30 per unlock, it should be for my account, not just per character.

However, I do think this paints a troubling picture for the direction the game is going. The game is getting increasing focus in the crown store, instead of new types of content/fixes. I don't think this is P2W- but increasing microtransactions, specifically for utility, is not a good look.
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1. If it can be gotten in game by doing a quest in the new DLC, then you would need to have the DLC to get the 5 bag spaces.

2. Putting it in the crown store makes it available to everyone even if you do not have the DLC.

3. The crown store price on "LIVE " if you do not have the DLC should very very cheap like 1 crown, or possibly free.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have said that it is a quest reward. I haven't verified this in game but it is probably true.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have any other general feedback?
    Yes.

Instead of Pet being bundled with +5 inventory slots, I would rather like to be able to buy more bank space, rather than inventory space, above the current 240 cap. I dont need a pet...
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on September 17, 2019 5:11PM
  • xWarbrain
    xWarbrain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are the 5 extra spaces only there when the pet is active? Is it available while in Cyrodiil where pets aren't active? I don't get it...

Is the pet basically just a bonus for buying 5 inventory slots?
    Edited by xWarbrain on September 17, 2019 5:06PM
    XB1 NA
    Your nerf suggestion is dumb. Learn to counter other players instead of having the game rebuilt to your ability level.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    xWarbrain wrote: »
    Are the 5 extra spaces only there when the pet is active? Is it available while in Cyrodiil where pets aren't active? I don't get it...

Once you have bought it the pet is separate from the backpack slots. All your characters' backpack slots are permanently increased by 5 regardless of whether you have the pet active.
    PC EU
  • xWarbrain
    xWarbrain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haha okay makes sense thank you for clarifying. Not sure why this needed to be something to do with a non-combat pet instead of the normal Pack Merchant but if its account wide and not 3000 crowns, I'll probably end up buying it.
    XB1 NA
    Your nerf suggestion is dumb. Learn to counter other players instead of having the game rebuilt to your ability level.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If the pet can be earned in-game, then I think it's ok. But if CS only, then the pet would have to be something I'd want to have regardless of the inventory space for me to buy it. If the pet were to be priced in the usual range of pets, and not more crowns due to the added functionality, then it would be acceptable, though I still wouldn't purchase it unless I wanted that specific pet for the usual reasons that I buy pets.

I would suggest adding this functionality to ALL pets. That way, we can purchase the pets we want and not a specific one that we may not like just to get 5 additional slots.

I do think it's a cool feature for this pet if it's earned in-game (though, yes, you'd have to have access to the DLC). But CS only? Why not just sell the inventory slots directly and be done with it (not that I want them to do that without an in-game option).

I'm assuming that the extra slots are only while you have the pet active, which would mean that I probably wouldn't use it unless I really liked the pet. No reason to use it over a pet I prefer just to get an additional 5 slots. Though I guess it could come in handy to just switch to that pet if there is a chest or node I want to loot while at capacity, rather than leaving them behind before porting back to town to sell, but I have the banker and merchant for that.

ETA:
    xWarbrain wrote: »

Once you have bought it the pet is separate from the backpack slots. All your characters' backpack slots are permanently increased by 5 regardless of whether you have the pet active.

Ah...just saw your post (started typing my response before you had posted yours). So, this is a neat addition if the pet is earned in-game, as a permanent 5-slot increase is a nice bonus just for having the pet in your collection. I still don't think I'd purchase it in the CS just to get a 5-slot boost per character.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on September 17, 2019 5:30PM
  • DarkPicture
    DarkPicture
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its should be reward for some quest/achievemnt from game not crown store... stop making this game p2w step by step with each update.
    Edited by DarkPicture on September 17, 2019 5:27PM
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we get an answer as to whether this will be earn-able in game?

Seeing some people saying you can, but haven't heard anything definitive yet.

If you cannot get this pet in game, there you be no character upgrades ever sold in the store that you cannot get in the game (in a reasonable manner - let's not use the common cash shop trick of making something so grindy that it's not worth doing in the game so you can sell it in a store - you already have enough of that will some guild lines).
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Ancalag
    Ancalag
    ✭✭
    The pet is pretty cool imo, but pet are totally useless.

If it's earn-able in game, I'll say why not, it's a free bonus, but if it's in the crown store only, 5 slots is really not enough and it's against your cosmetic only policy.

Regardless all this, I definitly want it as a mount !
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I feel that the per-toon feature is dangerous as it encourages alts.
    Anything that encourages too many alts ultimately hurts a game. There's already a push from Console for help with daily writs alt farming, never mind that alt farming is likely an unintentional use of alts and presently only really feasible on many alts with Addons. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/493162/can-we-get-rid-of-the-tedium-of-daily-crafting-writs

I'd rather see more housing storage. Mix up the style of container from just boxes. Maybe even limit the types of items you can put in it.
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Found the pet in the crown store. It did function. I was surprised that is was account wide as an inventory gain.

Thoughts;

I thought it was neat that you actually gave non-combat pets a use, well this one.

Though if it is an exclusive crown store item, it should be raised to at least 10 slots because the storage chests already offer way more space, even the free one. Otherwise, I really don't see that many sales at 5 slots.

If it is gained through an in-game achievement then 5 slots is more then fine. Also, many people will finish the said achievement for the account bonus.

Do you have any other pets then the War Boar for this, like a book kitten?

Tbh you guys seemed to have put a lot of work into this new item. It would be nice to have a little more info from you to give better feedback.
    Edited by Girl_Number8 on September 18, 2019 6:15AM
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Though if it is an exclusive crown store item, it should be raised to at least 10 slots because the storage chests already offer way more space, even the free one. Otherwise, I really don't see that many sales at 5 slots.

Some people have 18 toons so that would be 90 slots.
    This per-toon aspect encourages alt mules and I personally don't like that aspect but they might also be looking for a spike in toon slot sales (if giving out jewelry grains doing jewelry daily writs didn't already do that).
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do find it funny that they're not answering the question ? is this in the game or only in your store???? was it that you didn't understand the question
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    5 seems like a odd number. Make it 10.
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »
    5 seems like a odd number. Make it 10.

5x18=90
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They had to of seen that its been a issue that some find as BAD because the way it looks they gave us bag space upgrade we've asked for in the form of an store item ONLY pushing the P2W/P2P lines an lil further

Yes! I'm sure that if you bash my character with your purse that has those 5 more inventory slots, my character will die!
    You paid and you won. Wohooo!
  • Ozby
    Ozby
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you get the Bristleneck War Boar? If so, where did you find it? Crown store

Did you understand how it worked? yes

Did it appear to function as it’s supposed to? yes

Do you have any other general feedback? Yes 5 slots is not enough it is a slap in the face really, but I like the concept and think its a great idea but really need to be more than 5 extra slots.

Hope you start making more pets do things like this its a great idea.
    PC NA
    Aurora Bravepaw (Healden), Basks in Fire (DKTank), Bran Artlion (Magplar), Brindel Seedthorne (Stamden WW), Brugo Gargak (Stamcro), Casimir Delmar (StamDK), Falco Bastion (Stamsorc), Fus Ro Dah (Stamplar), Gandalff the Gay (Petsorc), Jo-Qinan Betula (Magden), Laveera Hex (Magcro), Raine Whitestag (Stamden), Raised by Bears (Wardentank), Ralak Rotheart (Healcro), Selene Sunshadow MagDK), Shadow Mirage (NBTank), Slythe Rattlebone (Healplar), Ulfnor Dragonslayer (Tankcro).
  • deviousthevile
    deviousthevile
    ✭✭✭
    1. Found in Crown Store
    2. Understood in increases my inventory slots on all toons (17 for me)
    3. The two toons I loaded on PTS both had the increased slots
    4. I like the idea of putting more ways for us to store more loots. Not my first choice in avenue, but it's a start
    CP 1220
    Devious The Vile Lv 50 Stamblade
    The Elven Terror Lv 50 PvP Support Healplar
    Kintao Doombringer Lv 50 MagSorc
    Healz Ur Bum Lv 50 Healplar
    Toby the Fat Node Hunter Lv 50 Stamina DK (Farmer)
    Something Disgusting Lv 50 Stamden
    You Hit my Splodey Button Lv 50 Blazing Shield Templar Tank
    Kyo Kane Lv 50 Magblade
    Watch Me Burn Lv 50 MagDK
    R N Geesus Lv 50 Stamblade
    Rampage the Vile Lv 50 Stamblade
    Backslash Playdead Lv 50 Healcro
    Sallidadna of House Vile Lv 50 Stamcro
    Hand of the Night King Lv 50 Magcro
    Fróstβíté Lv 40 Ice Warden
    Bella av Cava Vile Lv 24 MagSorc
    Storc the Orc Stam Sorc Lv 50 StamSorc

• Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    has anyone found an ingame method to obtain it?
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1. Found in Crown Store
    2. Understood in increases my inventory slots on all toons (17 for me)

+17 for each toon? o.O
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do find it funny that they're not answering the question ? is this in the game or only in your store???? was it that you didn't understand the question

Obviously...
    1/ Most people haven't finished the quest line yet
    2/ Gina would not ask where we found it if it were only in the crown store.