Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Patch Notes v2.3.4

• Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    • Note: Everyone will be displayed as a member of the Aldmeri Dominion once you enter the Trial. This is not a permanent change, and you will be reverted back to your original alliance once you leave the Trial, or the group is disbanded.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Is this the future of all potential cross-faction gameplay, or a stop-gap measure while a more robust system (in which you would keep your own alliance affiliation) is in development?

stop-gap measure that will last... how long did it take them to remove VR levels after adding champion points again?
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • zerosingularity
    zerosingularity
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is worth noting that on the PTS, with the 32-bit client, both my GPUs are using less resources than on live (~35% for each vs ~60% each on live.) This would be fine, if not for the fact that I get half the FPS on the PTS.

Furthermore, on the PTS, if I use the 64-bit executable (no crashes, yay!) I get ABSOLUTELY no use out of a second GPU. This is with using the nvidia recommended mode for SLI. If I force alternate frame rendering, I get SLI to work again, and get a FPS improvement. (Went from ~40 to about 60 FPS outside of Grahtwood.)

I should note that this is still lower than on live. (~60 FPS on PTS vs ~75-100 FPS on live)

In short, the nvidia profiles need to be updated for SLI with the new 64-bit client, and we need a possible explanation for why the FPS is so much lower on the PTS.
    Edited by zerosingularity on February 29, 2016 5:59PM
    NA-PC

Kaineth - Stamina Nightblade (Weakest Player Ever!)
    Elena Stormwood - Magicka Sorcerer (vMA no Death 12/21/15 Score 401148)
    Sheila Feyrondas - Magicka Dragonknight Tank (Frost staves are gonna be fun!)

*Disclaimer* I fail at emotional communication, so assume what I say is NOT meant to be offensive.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any chance for the Pact based collectables to be somewhere which isn't a four player dungeon/trial?

Not many groups want to join you for farming one stage of vDSA just for a collectable. :disappointed:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • andy_s
    andy_s
    ✭✭✭✭
    Scathing Mage: Increased this item set’s proc chance to 20%, and updated its tooltip to indicate it does not proc on damage over time effects.

Thanks, although it is almost impossible to get 5 divine pieces anyway that are not hat or shoulders :)
    World's First Cloudrest Hardmode + Speed Run + No Death w/ HODOR
    Tick-Tock Tormentor & All vHoF Achievements done w/ Chimaira
    World's First Sanctum Ophidia Difficult Mode (patch 1.5)
    World#2 vMoL All Achievements w/ Aquila Raiders
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno could you elaborate on the effect cross-faction trials will have on leaderboards? Will alliance still be represented on the boards?
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • Fetaro
    Fetaro
    ✭✭✭
    [*]Fixed numerous areas where you could escape the playable space
    I've looked for this kind of areas without success, I wonder where they were and what was accessible from there T_T
  • Bfish22090
    Bfish22090
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scathing Mage: Increased this item set’s proc chance to 20%, and updated its tooltip to indicate it does not proc on damage over time effects.
    nice
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Abilities that heal based on their damage done (Strife, Puncturing Sweeps, Surge, etc.) will now properly calculate their heal values when the damage is fully or partially absorbed.

Combat Animations
    We have reverted the animation prioritization changes that were introduced in patch 2.3.0, and will release these changes once they’re ready. Combat animations will now work as they currently do on the Live megaservers.

Hurrah! There's even a Templar buff! You forgot to fix Toppling Charge though.
    PC EU
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno thanks for the buff, maybe 30% might be more appropriate for this set, I'll try and get some testing from it
    #MOREORBS
  • eserras7b16_ESO
    eserras7b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    No changes for Templars, so we're left 3 months more with some useless habilities. Great.

Apart from that, the change to abilities to self-heal, I don't understand it, what was the problem, and how is it being solved?
    Eptackt - Argonian Templar
    Belegrand - Redguard Nightblade
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abilities that heal based on their damage done (Strife, Puncturing Sweeps, Surge, etc.) will now properly calculate their heal values when the damage is fully or partially absorbed.

Combat Animations
    We have reverted the animation prioritization changes that were introduced in patch 2.3.0, and will release these changes once they’re ready. Combat animations will now work as they currently do on the Live megaservers.

Are we that desperate for any crumb ZoS throws at that we will interpret a mechanical change that affects every class as a "buff" for templars?
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Combat Animations

Are we that desperate for any crumb ZoS throws at that we will interpret a mechanical change that affects every class as a "buff" for templars?

Desperate? Confirmed, though that crumb will probably be bugged and end up healing your enemy or something because #zoscoding.

Hmm, I guess I'm both desperate AND jaded. Thanks wrobel.
    Edited by Zheg on February 29, 2016 7:34PM
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does /bug work now?
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Huggalump
    Huggalump
    ✭✭✭✭
    Combat Animations

thank you

I'm sure it sucks to make a big change and then revert it, but this is for the good of the game. Reverting is a good decision, and thanks
  • Firerock2
    Firerock2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh look new patch notes! Oh, they didn't listen to anyone's suggestions again. Well, I guess I can wait another 4 months before coming back. :)
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno so can we crit shields now or will surge heal if you were supposed to crit the absorb shield?
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Cuyler wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno could you elaborate on the effect cross-faction trials will have on leaderboards? Will alliance still be represented on the boards?

Your alliance isn't actually changing, it'll just appear that way while you're in the Trial (code reasons). This won't affect the leaderboard at all; you'll still be listed as your proper, original alliance.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    [*]Revealing Flare: Decreased the duration of the reveal from this ability and its morphs to 3 seconds, down from 5 seconds.
    @wrobel thank you for making Revealing Flare useless skill again. At least redesign the skill and make it similar to caltrops but for magicka users.
    Because I can!
  • Ravalox
    Ravalox
    ✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone been successful in launching the 64Bit PTS Client? It crashes on launch for me every time.
    Ravalox Darkshire
    Developer of Wykkyd ESO AddOns and Ravalox' AddOns
    Co-Founder Brotherhood of Redemption ESO Branch
    Brotherhood of Redemption (A DC faction guild) http://eso.borguild.com *Always accepting worldwide applications for the PC NA server*

A proud member of The Psijic Order - 0.016%
  • jrgray93
    jrgray93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Still no love for Templars.

Seriously, the only reason I can justify playing this class still is that I'm primarily a healer. As DPS, I'm awful in comparison to any other class, regardless of what I try to do. I can't even keep up with NBs and Sorcs that are grinding because they move at a permanent +40% speed and virtually one-shot everything, leaving me trailing behind and finishing off their scraps.

Oh, and why am I grinding? Because the champion point changes for this next update are the biggest "buff" I'll see, and I'm hoping it will help. Like someone previously stated in this thread, we're so desperate for buffs that we're considering universal improvements to all classes to be buffs for Templars.
    EP: Slania Isara : Harambe Was an Inside Job
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ravalox wrote: »
    Has anyone been successful in launching the 64Bit PTS Client? It crashes on launch for me every time.

Yep it works for me. Windows 10.
    Because I can!
  • NerfPlease
    NerfPlease
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno glad you here! im awaiting for answer for my post =)
    thanks in advance :)
  • Ravalox
    Ravalox
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »
    Ravalox wrote: »

Yep it works for me. Windows 10.

Thanks; I'm on Win7 ... Anyone on Win7 get it to work?
    Ravalox Darkshire
    Developer of Wykkyd ESO AddOns and Ravalox' AddOns
    Co-Founder Brotherhood of Redemption ESO Branch
    Brotherhood of Redemption (A DC faction guild) http://eso.borguild.com *Always accepting worldwide applications for the PC NA server*

A proud member of The Psijic Order - 0.016%
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still no Meteor reflect-able ?? Really despite all the threads saying no the idea ?

And nerfing magelight and flares just cause of NB crying ? Really ?

Flare was actually buffed.

I was worried about it being nerfed when they dropped the Duration...But nope...That bloody Scorching Flare is nasty as hell now...

To give ya an idea..It went from requiring I think from requiring 6-8 seconds on Live to do 20k damage..to 5 Seconds...Now down to 3 seconds.

So if you get hit by scorching flare now...It does a crap ton more damage per tic
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    • Note: Everyone will be displayed as a member of the Aldmeri Dominion once you enter the Trial. This is not a permanent change, and you will be reverted back to your original alliance once you leave the Trial, or the group is disbanded.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Is this the future of all potential cross-faction gameplay, or a stop-gap measure while a more robust system (in which you would keep your own alliance affiliation) is in development?

Yeah I'm not a big fan of being AD by default. Please do something to change this in the future.
  • dimensional
    dimensional
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jrgray93 wrote: »

Seriously, the only reason I can justify playing this class still is that I'm primarily a healer. As DPS, I'm awful in comparison to any other class, regardless of what I try to do. I can't even keep up with NBs and Sorcs that are grinding because they move at a permanent +40% speed and virtually one-shot everything, leaving me trailing behind and finishing off their scraps.

Oh, and why am I grinding? Because the champion point changes for this next update are the biggest "buff" I'll see, and I'm hoping it will help. Like someone previously stated in this thread, we're so desperate for buffs that we're considering universal improvements to all classes to be buffs for Templars.

I see Templars absolutely destroying people in PvP all the time. Look up Lefty Lucy's channel on Youtube, in every single PvP video of the week he shows different templars, both stam and magicka, completely wrecking people. IDK what to tell you.
    Edited by dimensional on February 29, 2016 10:06PM
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »
    Still no Meteor reflect-able ?? Really despite all the threads saying no the idea ?

I was worried about it being nerfed when they dropped the Duration...But nope...That bloody Scorching Flare is nasty as hell now...

To give ya an idea..It went from requiring I think from requiring 6-8 seconds on Live to do 20k damage..to 5 Seconds...Now down to 3 seconds.

So if you get hit by scorching flare now...It does a crap ton more damage per tic

Flare is pretty damn good. Situational, but good.
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »

If this true then it is good. I was afraid that they kept the duration of the DoT to 5 seconds.
    Because I can!
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I see Templars absolutely destroying people in PvP all the time. Look up Lefty Lucy's channel on Youtube, in every single PvP video of the week he shows different templars, both stam and magicka, completely wrecking people. IDK what to tell you.

Is he fighting in lag or in the middle of a populated keep fight, or is he in the sewers or the middle of a field or resource somewhere? A class shouldn't be artificially hampered by being channel/cast heavy because wrobel thinks it's cute and doesn't want 'homogenization' when we have to play in the same lag as everyone else but their skills are more reliable. If he's able to play solo during a keep fight where the bombard spam outpaces your own purify spam and you're still permarooted next patch, and he can still wreck people, then we can talk. Go ahead and try using that super strong dark flare in even modest lag, then count the tbags you get as you die because your skill doesn't fire off or gets reflected and you can no longer bounce it back or purify it.

People like him and blab can be exceptional Templars, but they aren't fighting in the same kinds of fights the majority of Templars are during primetime. Apples and oranges.
  • dimensional
    dimensional
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zheg wrote: »

Is he fighting in lag or in the middle of a populated keep fight, or is he in the sewers or the middle of a field or resource somewhere? A class shouldn't be artificially hampered by being channel/cast heavy because wrobel thinks it's cute and doesn't want 'homogenization' when we have to play in the same lag as everyone else but their skills are more reliable. If he's able to play solo during a keep fight where the bombard spam outpaces your own purify spam and you're still permarooted next patch, and he can still wreck people, then we can talk. Go ahead and try using that super strong dark flare in even modest lag, then count the tbags you get as you die because your skill doesn't fire off or gets reflected and you can no longer bounce it back or purify it.

People like him and blab can be exceptional Templars, but they aren't fighting in the same kinds of fights the majority of Templars are during primetime. Apples and oranges.

No, I'm talking about several different people, submitting several different videos, all with their own different builds and in different situations. Left Lucy streams his own playing, but he compiles weekly videos of people that send submissions to him on Youtube. Look up his channel and see the plethora of different Templars that do monstrously well in PvP.