The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

PTS Patch Notes v2.3.1

• Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are more notes for quests than the actual gameplay. This is test server dudes, we are here to test combat, pvp, ballance etc. Not those stupid quests.
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • hagg3n
    hagg3n
    Soul Shriven
    64-bit insta-crashing on Windows too.

My dxdiag.txt in any case.
  • Targuris
    Targuris
    ✭✭✭
    I think Stam of all classes need more morphs to better distinguish themselves. I have a stam of every class and they all feel so similar except for night blades. They in general lack the utility and class identity that magic does. I understand and don't expect him to be the same, but magic is not tied down to weapon skills as much as stamina is or to the degree that stamina is. It is a bit ridiculous and leads to very similar and slightly boring gameplay between classes which puts a huge damper on class identity.
  • Fetaro
    Fetaro
    ✭✭✭
    64 bits insta-crash on Windows here too.
  • Lettigall
    Lettigall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    64 bits, crashed after 5 mins.
    Some men just want to watch the world burn... I just want a cold beer!
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Fetaro wrote: »

Try downloading the latest Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package and see if that helps. You can find it here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=14632
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reduced the drop rate of Mercenary Motif chapters. They will now drop approximately one-fourth as often as they did previously from any given rank of Undaunted chests.

Thank you! A nerf I can love!
  • coolmodi
    coolmodi
    ✭✭✭

Try downloading the latest Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package and see if that helps. You can find it here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=14632

Win10 come with a newer version or at least updates to that automatically. It seems to not work for anyone with Win10 and maybe 8. Do you at ZOS don't have any Win8 or 10 machines?
    Edited by coolmodi on February 9, 2016 8:12PM
  • Anhel67
    Anhel67
    Soul Shriven
    Can't start eso64.exe.I installed the latest Visual C++ but it didn't help.
  • Makkir
    Makkir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Are you allowed to disclose if the new alliance motifs should be dropping from Cyrodiil treasure maps as well? Have done a little over 20 on PTS and no motifs.
  • Lettigall
    Lettigall
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Little confused, Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 isn't latest. Is this the version that works better for ESO 64-bit client? Don't want to downgrade.
    Some men just want to watch the world burn... I just want a cold beer!
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Cyrodiil Rare Item Merchant
    Adhazabi Aba-daro the Golden will now only appear on the weekends. She will arrive at 00:00 UTC/GMT on Friday nights, and will pack up shop at 12:00 UTC/GMT on Mondays.

But is she wearing clothes now? :-)
    The Moot Councillor
  • rosy_ariete
    rosy_ariete
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't work for me either (Win10 + Visual C++ 2015)
  • RagnorTS
    RagnorTS
    Soul Shriven
    I've posted this before the patch and i still have the same bug so I feel I should post it again. As you can see in the sreenshots I've learned the motifs but not being able to craft them
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thieves Guild world bosses will now scale correctly in response to player participation.

I found that VERY intriguing. Is there a minimum "expected" player participation? Or could a single player take a world boss out?

[EDIT]
    When are you going to write "Natch Potes" for the header on these patches? We know you want to.
    ^ Also an extremely important question. Hah.
    Edited by MissBizz on February 9, 2016 8:21PM
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Marques
    Marques
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Thank you for all the work and attention that you put into the community. It's much appreciated.

Concerning the bug with water textures when there's rainfall on the ground (Mac) can we expect a fix for that on the PTS?

Also the issue that the character is stuck upon login (jumping is a current workaround) is being addressed?
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Any reason why I can't download the PTS anymore? It keeps saying a program is using it (which it's not) or it'll tell me I need to repair it (Which I already did).

Edit: after restarting my PC it worked.
    Edited by MaxwellC on February 9, 2016 8:58PM
    不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
    XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
    PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • Pangnirtung
    Pangnirtung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Any reason why I can't download the PTS anymore? It keeps saying a program is using it (which it's not) or it'll tell me I need to repair it (Which I already did).

Likewise.

Mac client here and I get a repair prompt instead of update.

EDIT: After force quitting the launcher and restarting, it is now updating.
    Edited by Pangnirtung on February 9, 2016 8:32PM
  • SnowmanDK
    SnowmanDK
    ✭✭✭
    Wrong thread, please ignore.
    Edited by SnowmanDK on February 9, 2016 8:42PM
    Ebonheart Pact: Titiani - Templar
    Ebonheart Pact: Xsnowman - Crafter
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    64-bit Client Doesn't work for me either (Win10 + Visual C++ 2015). Doesn't really even attempt to load. I lowered all firewalls and virus as a test. No affect. I'm jealous of everyone else as they at least get it to crash for them. ;-(
  • silentgecko
    silentgecko
    ✭✭✭
    Dominoid wrote: »
    64-bit Client Doesn't work for me either (Win10 + Visual C++ 2015). Doesn't really even attempt to load. I lowered all firewalls and virus as a test. No affect. I'm jealous of everyone else as they at least get it to crash for them. ;-(

same here.
    double click the exe - nothing happens.
    Guildmaster of Panic Mode! www.panic-mode.de
    Aetherian Archive Hardmode: Clear.
    Hel Ra Hardmode: Clear.
    Sanctum Ophidia Hardmode: Clear.
    Veteran Maelstrom Arena: Clear.

VR 16 Sorcerer - V16 Nightblade
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks all, we're looking into the 64-bit client issues now. Much of the discussion is happening over here, just FYI: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/245036/official-feedback-thread-for-64-bit-client#latest
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • SarcB
    SarcB
    Soul Shriven
    64 client won't do anything.

windows 10, installed the (downgrade idk) microsoft visual thing version mentioned earlier on this thread.
    still didn't work.
    The process won't even start. :open_mouth:
    Edited by SarcB on February 9, 2016 8:44PM
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    KNOWN ISSUES
    General
    • /bug is still not functioning, and we encourage you to continue using this thread to submit your bug reports. Don’t forget to check out this thread as well, stickied at the top of this forum, which links to all the official feedback discussion threads.
    Does this mean everything I reported via /bug so far wasn't read by anyone?
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bfish22090 wrote: »
    no changes to any of the balance issues that were modified in the original update?
    looks like the changes we got last week will be here to stay until it goes live

We'll be making some balance changes to abilities in the next incremental (next week) to address some feedback we've seen, and plan on making a forum thread about it in the next day or so you loop you guys in.

Looking forward to them.
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same as most here... 64-bit Client exits immediately. (Win10 + Visual Studio 2015 installed)
  • SarcB
    SarcB
    Soul Shriven
    rip win10 users for now
  • Reorx_Holybeard
    Reorx_Holybeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lettigall wrote: »
    Little confused, Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 isn't latest. Is this the version that works better for ESO 64-bit client? Don't want to downgrade.

AFAIK, the different redistributable packages can be installed along side other versions. When you run an EXE it will grab whichever one it was compiled to work with.

Reorx Holybeard -- NA/PC
    Founder/Admin of www.uesp.net -- UESP ESO Guilds
    Creator of the "Best" ESO Build Editor
    I'm on a quest to build the world's toughest USB drive!
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bfish22090 wrote: »
    no changes to any of the balance issues that were modified in the original update?
    looks like the changes we got last week will be here to stay until it goes live

We'll be making some balance changes to abilities in the next incremental (next week) to address some feedback we've seen, and plan on making a forum thread about it in the next day or so you loop you guys in.

Looking forward to them.
    So you've decided to play your sorc and ditch your Templar eh? XD

The things I want addressed are not things I think they can code in a week or two, sadly. I'm always willing to be pleasantly surprised though.
    Edited by Zheg on February 9, 2016 9:14PM