Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Craglorn is Here!"

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the Craglorn Is Here! blog article. Tell us about your first adventures in Craglorn!
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • Dimillian
    Dimillian
    ✭✭✭
    How can I access the new zone ?
  • edu.journeymanub17_ESO
    Do you mean the zone itself or the patch?

I could not go to the zone nor play the game because there are some technical issues with memory leaks that don't allow me to play more than 5 minutes without a freeze/crash.

Lots of threads in the forum about some changes that are NOT in the patch notes and there is no answer from any staff member on that but in other cosmetic quests there are plenty of interest.

If is a feedback, there you have it: Unplayable, at least for me and some other folks, and I bet there are many.

Could you, please, answer some of the quests in the forum?
  • Reinmard
    Reinmard
    ✭✭✭
    So few people commenting, I had expect lots of comments.
    I guess the game lost attention.
  • Clunan
    Clunan
    ✭✭✭
    I think people are just being nice and following the golden rule... if you have nothing to say nice, don't say anything...
  • Reinmard
    Reinmard
    ✭✭✭
    Lol when did people follow that rule? At least not at internet
    I would be more worried when my clients no longer even complain, and they just no longer give a *** xDD.
    Edited by Reinmard on May 23, 2014 1:33PM
  • Bloodfang
    Bloodfang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are also forgetting that patch is over 5,5gb, my internet speed is average and I still didn't manage to download it. So yeah there are many that will need days to download.
  • Leggit
    Leggit
    ✭✭
    yep i'm still dl it will be an hour before i can login.
  • Fi'yra
    Fi'yra
    ✭✭✭
    Man, I'm only on 30% and started like 30 mins ago.
    Progress until I hit 60% and it freezes, and laughs in my face. /cry
    AD - PC/EU
    Get Wrobled
  • Bayezid
    Bayezid
    ✭✭
    You will need super cooperation from your group. I mean synchronizing almost perfectly to actually complete the trial.

Finally a group dungeon that is actually hard.....i think a bit too hard but meh.
  • Reinmard
    Reinmard
    ✭✭✭
    The only thing I have to say basically destroys my gameplay.
    100mb/s and still, since 2 weeks, 1s delay on Biting Jabs, which doesnt let me do anything. I dont even espect a fix, they just dont care about it.
    Edited by Reinmard on May 23, 2014 2:35PM
  • LeliaWinglet
    LeliaWinglet
    Soul Shriven
    Hello ) I'm sorry for that , perhaps writing is not where it should be. I appeal to zenimax. Guys, why are you doing! Most players took the game as fans of the series TES. And I'm in this number . The most important thing in the game was not just content to pass , or raise to the throne of the emperor, the main thing was to play earning achievements, take all the quests all dungeons and killing each boss . So what was to earn achievements if you just got rid of them . It turns out that everything that I like and I do the whole month was useless ? Personally, I do not really want to play like that ... a character who was not paid to much time and effort has now become an empty shell . From the outset, the game is different awesome graphics, great armor not like Korean colored robots ... And now what? Why? ? Why was armor dye in bright colors ? Where naturalness ? Guys, this was a terrible mistake . You have spoiled the whole atmospherics over which worked so long . If you are interested in this game - fix it all until it's too late . You will lose more than half of the players. Sincerely LeliaWinglet.
  • l7redator_ESO
    Lots of threads in the forum about some changes that are NOT in the patch notes and there is no answer from any staff member on that

This is bothering a lot of people. Can you please give us a statement about the changes you implemented that were not in the patch notes?

Specifically the reason for the large increase in mob strength in VR zones (other than Craiglorn) and the hidden nerf to mellee abilities. Based around a long gcd added to some abilities.

As a company, you have built a good reputation for listening to community feedback and making changes based on it. It's extremely disheartening to find out that such serious changes were made without informing that same community. These "under the table" updates have lots of negative responses, and for many players are progression breaking. Making leveling in VR zones near impossible, or forcing players to: respec to a more cookie cutter build, abandon the VR zones, or abandon their now useless character all together. All of which are decisions you promised we would not have to make.

Please don't enter the weekend without addressing these issues and the community. The negative feedback for this underhanded update is overwhelming on every forum I have visited. We are the p(l)ayers and we are demanding that you give us a response.

Don't continue to keep us in the dark any longer.
    Edited by l7redator_ESO on May 23, 2014 3:10PM
  • Reinmard
    Reinmard
    ✭✭✭
    Well played ZOS, releasing the update after the month sub ended and not before, I see what you did there.
  • Depechenova
    Depechenova
    ✭✭
    Any clues where abouts in Elden root the quest is at to start? am v-8 atm cant see one anywhere, or is it v-10 only?
  • PartyHard
    PartyHard
    Soul Shriven
    I'd rather you got rid of bots, than making new locations for them to infest
  • JoyEnergiser
    JoyEnergiser
    ✭✭
    So much crying, is this a friggin nursery ? Please tell us why you feel so asshurt, we want to hear your whine.
  • rmtderksenb16_ESO
    rmtderksenb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I lost alot of my quests....
  • Reticent_Prophet
    Had a major issue with my quests being dropped but it seems like its OK now that I started them over. Abilities freeze up more often now tho, same eith weapon swapping and not a huge deal but I don't like the new scorched earth animation.
    Edited by Reticent_Prophet on May 23, 2014 7:57PM
  • skinnycheeks
    skinnycheeks
    ✭✭✭✭
    yeah this update messed a lot of stuff up...hoping it's able to be recovered
  • edu.journeymanub17_ESO
    So much crying, is this a friggin nursery ? Please tell us why you feel so asshurt, we want to hear your whine.

So, are you a nurse?

Priest, maybe?

Nah, forget about that, I got what you are and I promise I will keep it for myself, deal?
  • Alafin
    Alafin
    ✭✭
    Ive never seen such a gamebreaking patch. NPCs to powerful... and basic bugs not fixed. Like really ZOS??!
  • Lindur
    Lindur
    It really made me mad when I learned that you cant actually craft veteran gear that looks cooler than the just below 50 gear, so I got real happy when they said they fixed it. LIARS, it still looks the same. Sorry zenimax, but when you say you fixed something, make sure you actually fixed it.
  • Jayster
    Jayster
    SOMEONE CALL THE WHAMBULANCE. IT IS GETTING WHINEY UP IN HERE. WHO LET THE KINDERGARTNER CLASS OF 2014 POST ON THE FORUMS?
    WHO WHO WHO WHO
    WHO CALLED THE WHAMBULANCE?
    WHO WHO WHO WHO
    WHO CALLED THE WHAMBULANCE?
    WHO WHO WHO WHO WHO?????
  • Vortimere
    Vortimere
    Seems invalid to label people that complain as whiners when their complaint is over a paid subscription service failing to deliver said service. If your Internet, phone, and/or television provider had a sever issue resulting in total blackout of service, I'd expect subscribers to call and report the problem, perhaps with a bit of complaint if it is not resolved promptly. ZoS is no different from any other provider in that regard--they dropped a game-breaking patch and their subscribers have reported the numerous problems that prevent normal gameplay (to the point of not being able to even log in for some with the infinite char-select bug, or stay logged in with the unbounded memory-leak bug). Paying subscribers are entitled to a bit of complaint on top of simple bug reporting given the massive scope of failure that has been identified by those that have been able to experience patch 1.1.2.

The comments on multiple forums on this same topic are bad enough that I have not even tried to log in since completing the patch download. I'll wait for a hot-fix to be applied... if I have to wait 29 days, I'll un-subscribe. I expect they'll fix it before then. If not, that's really too bad because the game is beautiful and I was really enjoying it but, complaints about nerfed abilities or over-powered mobs aside, why pay for something that won't even let you log in and play?

Edit: 25-May 1:10a EDT Played for several hours and only had one glitch (couldn't rez, logout, or quit after a death in Vile Cavern). Memory leak on launcher app has been fixed. I had no issues logging in and getting to (and past) char-select... I know others are still having problems from forum posts, but this was good news for me at least and I saw many others in-game as I adventured in Coldharbour.
    Edited by Vortimere on May 25, 2014 5:13AM
  • Squishy
    Squishy
    ✭✭✭
    My feedback on this craglorn:

A shame I could not simply go exploring it thru bangkorai, since there's a road leading to it, I assumed I could just explore my way to it :(

As for it being an exclusive group content only, in my opinion, this is a mistake. I spent very little time in crag, because it was only zerging running from points to points. I'm not sure what people see in this, but personally, being forced to group up to even do quests, is not my cup of tea. Being forced to wait on people to show up to do things, is not how I enjoy playing.

The story seems nice and creative, unfortunately, it seems people only want to farm mobs in there, and as a result, I could not progress very far. But I think the story started well, shame I'll never see how it goes, as I refuse to have to organize things to be able to do something as basic as questing.

Exploring is near impossible, unless you follow a zerg, and immersion wise, well, there's no immersion at all there.

I would strongly suggest that 2 craglorns exists, one for the people that seem to enjoy running in circles in large group, and one for people that actually like elder scrolls, and simply want to quest and follow the story. Entering either would be easy. For the circle running grinders, maintown with the magical cart making you travel the entire world in a few seconds. For the elder scroll explorers, thru the gate in bankgorai (after you reach RK10 only).

Until a lot more solo content is added, I'll be playing some of my alts, but since I've done virtually every single quests in all zones,I just cancelled my sub, with 13 days left. I feel a bit sorry, but I'll keep an eye on the game for changes in the future :).
    Edited by Squishy on May 25, 2014 11:23AM
    "In 2014, a possible bot was sent to coldharbour by a military GM for a crime she didn't commit. This argonian promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Ebonheart underground. Today, still wanted by the developers she survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a bot problem, if no one else can bite you, and if you can find her....maybe you can hire The SQUISHY."
  • hlmstj
    hlmstj
    Soul Shriven
    Dimillian wrote: »
    How can I access the new zone ?
    go to the capital cities of Mournhold, Wayrest, or Elden Root.then talk to an NPC called Star-Gazer Herald to receive a new quest. Use the carriage to travel Craglorn.

• KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Squishy wrote: »
    As for it being an exclusive group content only, in my opinion, this is a mistake. I spent very little time in crag, because it was only zerging running from points to points. I'm not sure what people see in this, but personally, being forced to group up to even do quests, is not my cup of tea. Being forced to wait on people to show up to do things, is not how I enjoy playing.
    This!

Force-grouping for character leveling should have been left in the last century. Grouping is fine for optional content and those for whom MMOs exist to accumulate phat lewt with high e-peen value, it has no part as a roadblock to leveling a character or blocking access to the core-story of a game, especially one based on the TES series.

Craglorn is for the small minority who cling to the past and enjoy this kind of content, I doubt more than 25% will ever see it and Blizzard's experience in WOW was that less than 15% ever saw the original raid content, and Trion said that raiders in rift were a "small minority".

For those who detest having to find others simply to get leveling XP or being able to pursue the core story of a game, Craglorn is an irrelevance and seems to indicate ESO is now a 1990s 'group or die' game, something the TES fans who flocked to this game won't want to come within a mile of.

Edited by KerinKor on May 27, 2014 7:16AM
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayster wrote: »
    WHO LET THE KINDERGARTNER CLASS OF 2014 POST ON THE FORUMS?
    Yeah, who DID let you post?

• teox76
    teox76
    Soul Shriven
    Maybe...but just imho, people that think that in a online multiplayer game the need to group with other people to overcome difficult NPC or quests is bad...they should rather redirect the attention to others games...i don,'t know...a single player offline game maybe ?

I personally love this design, and would like to see it more in lower levels too, not only in veteran high level zones.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    teox76 wrote: »
    Maybe...but just imho, people that think that in a online multiplayer game the need to group with other people to overcome difficult NPC or quests is bad...they should rather redirect the attention to others games...i don,'t know...a single player offline game maybe ?

I personally love this design, and would like to see it more in lower levels too, not only in veteran high level zones.
    Ah, this tired old 'why solo an MMO' comment.

My post was clear I won't repeat it, what I will point out as I always do when faced with this cliche is point out the 'G' in MMORPG doesn't stand for group.

There are thousands of ways to interact with other players on-line and forcing everyone one to 'group up' to level is one of the less acceptable ones in this day and age.

Edited by KerinKor on May 27, 2014 12:19PM