Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Craglorn Launch Date Announcement"

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the Craglorn Launch Date Announcement blog article. What's first on your list of things to do when this update goes live?
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • Maotti
    Maotti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Take out a Dark Anchor and check what loot the chests from Coldharbour give. :)
    Edited by Maotti on May 21, 2014 6:47PM
    PC EU
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check out Nightblade fixes.
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
  • Azzuria
    Azzuria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not so excited about end-game content as bug and mechanic fixes.

I'll get to Craglorn eventually but would prefer my poor Bosmer Nightbow worked properly.
    Brunhilda Icehammer - Nord Dragonknight, 'Smith & Enchantress 'What is 'ranged? I need to hit something!!'
    Laehl Direthorn - Bosmer Nightblade, Purveyor of fine Clothes, Bows and Staves
    Reeza gra-Zuni - Orc Templar 'War Shaman' and Apothecary
    Noemi Snowpaw - Kajiit Dragon Knight - I laugh... or I'd have to kill you.
    Kitera Dreamon - Breton of The Dominion: Because those Daggers don't appreciate a great Mage.
    Lysara Shadowcroft - Dunmer Bloodmage: This will only hurt a lot.
  • shiva7663
    shiva7663
    ✭✭✭
    It will be nice to try to get a little sleep during the update maintenance downtime. heh.
  • redwoodtreesprite
    redwoodtreesprite
    ✭✭✭
    ROFL, wait a bit and read all the rage threads on how players can't log in, things got broke, etc. Happens with every huge update with an MMO. ;)

Then I will see how badly nerfed my hirelings were made, try some dark anchors, and play the game just as before as I will likely never be doing anything in an area like Craglorn.
  • Targolak
    Targolak
    ✭✭✭
    Yaay, Craglorn! I've been waiting for you. ;)

...Even though I'm not max level yet. So I might just try and reach VR10 as fast as I possibly can within my own, personal limits, and then go give it all a try with my jolly guild members.

Also, I'm curious as to how different parts of the gameplay have been enhanced. Will have to experiment on some abilities, probably see if my previous werewolf alt build is rendered redundant in the update.
    "These boots are meant for walking, and that's just what they'll do."
  • Xnemesis
    Xnemesis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Watch DKs cry in Cyrodill due to nerfs
  • isengrimb16_ESO
    isengrimb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azzuria wrote: »

I'll get to Craglorn eventually but would prefer my poor Bosmer Nightbow worked properly.

Same. Glad to hear it's coming out so quick. I have lots and lots of time to prepare. <:)

I also have a "nightbow", but I've been putting down any lag/responsiveness problems to hitting keys too fast. I'll see if anything changes after the patch, I guess.

Anyone ever use an old manual typewriter? The ones with the arms that would get bunged up and hung up if you tried to type over 35 wpm or so? I feel like this is sort of what's happening to me.
    Edited by isengrimb16_ESO on May 21, 2014 6:54PM
  • XanadoX
    XanadoX
    ✭✭
    Let's start calling the servers Us Megaserver and Others Megasever.
    There is not any server in europe yet.

I thank ZOS for waiting for clagorn to be bug free before launching it!
  • Xnemesis
    Xnemesis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Azzuria wrote: »

Same. Glad to hear it's coming out so quick. I have lots and lots of time to prepare. <:)

I also have a "nightbow", but I've been putting down any lag/responsiveness problems to hitting keys too fast. I'll see if anything changes after the patch, I guess.

Anyone ever use an old manual typewriter? The ones with the arms that would get bunged up and hung up if you tried to type over 35 wpm or so? I feel like this is sort of what's happening to me.

You have to press your keys harder lol
  • Insanyti
    Insanyti
    ✭✭✭
    The estimated downtime wasn't listed, so I was just curious if we might at some point soon get a rough GUESTIMATE? :D Though I'm sure a lot of players will be sticking very, very close to the computer and waiting...
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When will we be able to go over the official (non-PTS) patch notes? I'm looking forward to seeing what made it into the release.

No where near the level needed to play Craglorn itself but going to be nice knowing there is more content for me in future.

Lastly now that the first content release is shipping will development time be moved to features which shipped with the game and need a some more work such as guilds, guild stores, fishing, UI elements etc.?
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • isengrimb16_ESO
    isengrimb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, and at least the servers aren't both going down at the same time. I can check in on my EU lizard and see if his quests are unbugged yet (I think they might be).
  • Greevir
    Greevir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can we please get a listing of the changes/additions for this patch?
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, could you please EU patch times in EU time?
    Running timezone conversions for patches is kind of annoying. :P
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Musurugi
    Musurugi
    This is the official discussion thread for the Craglorn Launch Date Announcement blog article. What's first on your list of things to do when this update goes live?

Enable SLI and see if I get more than 35FPS.
  • Squishy
    Squishy
    ✭✭✭
    Since it is coming tomorrow, any chance to get the actual patch note posted today? :)
    "In 2014, a possible bot was sent to coldharbour by a military GM for a crime she didn't commit. This argonian promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Ebonheart underground. Today, still wanted by the developers she survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a bot problem, if no one else can bite you, and if you can find her....maybe you can hire The SQUISHY."
  • Nazon_Katts
    Nazon_Katts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Opening a nice, cold bottle of beer and firing up the grill, I suppose.
    "You've probably figured that out by now. Let's hope so. Or we're in real trouble... and out come the intestines. And I skip rope with them!"
  • Blackwolfe5
    Blackwolfe5
    ✭✭✭
    When announcing times for updates on the EU megaserver, would it be too much to ask for it to be posted in GMT or CET? I know, I know, it's on friday morning and all that. But still!

*looks at the forum announcement* Wait, what. It's posted as CEST in french/german for EU, but the english part is posted in EDT for EU? *Facepalm*
    Edited by Blackwolfe5 on May 21, 2014 7:49PM
  • Zintair
    Zintair
    ✭✭✭✭
    WHY WHY WHY MDW weekend!!! WHYYYYYYY!!!!!
    Vokundein
    Zintair aka Primetime - VR14 - Guild Leader and PvP Dept Leader

www.Legend-Gaming.net
  • Amatiste
    Amatiste
    Just play. Hope that the bots have been dealt with, and pick up resource nodes:)
  • Ruddertail
    Ruddertail
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to work on getting a new crafted set of V12 with the new set bonuses.¨

...then I'll work on getting to V12, either through Craglorn or the old V6-10 dungeons, depending on which sees more action.
  • Noshiz
    Noshiz
    ✭✭
    Finally!!! Thank you Zenimax!
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ty! nice 4-day weekend, hope to get some play time in.
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
  • black-gryphonb14_ESO
    More than anything - I want to know - how BIG is overall patch? Want to know if it's worth while taking my laptop (backup system) to the library a half-hour away to download the patch - then copy/patch to primary system or stay at home and do it? Was hoping this would have come out at the beginning of the week instead of just before the weekend just for this very reason - could take me a day or more to download at home if more than 500mb or so.
    -
    And please ZOS - change the launcher so it gives a "Total Patch Size" and not just the individual files - really hate getting 3-4 files in and WHAM - 300mb (or more) file.
    Aaelefein, a Veteran Templar of the 14th Level seeking to complete his Master Crafter Certification but still needs to finish exploring Craglorn in order to acquire all the knowledge pertaining to the Nirnhoned Trait.
  • Xanxarib16_ESO
    you know what im pretty sure that both raids will be completed with in the first day of release, aka raids are way to easy and not worth a raiders time imho. wildstar here i come! i might come back in a few month time.
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are we supposed to discuss with no patch notes?
  • Noshiz
    Noshiz
    ✭✭
    you know what im pretty sure that both raids will be completed with in the first day of release, aka raids are way to easy and not worth a raiders time imho. wildstar here i come! i might come back in a few month time.

Please leave. Please.
  • Marovec
    Marovec
    ✭✭✭
    Squishy wrote: »
    Since it is coming tomorrow, any chance to get the actual patch note posted today? :)

I would also love to get the total DETAILED official patch notes. :)
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Marovec wrote: »
    Squishy wrote: »

I would also love to get the total DETAILED official patch notes. :)

We'll be posting them tomorrow morning (Friday) during the North American maintenance. You'll have some (very long) patch notes to read during the down-time. ;)

Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post