Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "New Craglorn Site"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article New Craglorn Site. Let us know what you think!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • SirPuppingtonVonHat
    SirPuppingtonVonHat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really like the concept art. Now if only I could get a picture of what the Celestial Thief would look like with the Celestial Warriors two handed sword. :P
    The Psijic Order
  • lslingsby1984rwb17_ESO
    how about u fix other issues first might actually help alot of people. Or at the least actually contact them when u say you would
  • Nyxeia
    Nyxeia
    ✭✭
    how about u fix other issues first might actually help alot of people. Or at the least actually contact them when u say
    you would

Right, and you think they aren't busy trying to fix these issues? And you really think that ZOS_GinaBruno and the people working on the Craglorn special website are the same team taking care of bugs? Stop being ungrateful and be happy they're still thinking about the future and offering content of this level.

EDIT: Forgot to add that I'm really happy to see this, and I'm glad the design level of the ZOS team is so high. I'm really excited to see it with my own eyes, now if only virtual reality was realistic!
    Edited by Nyxeia on April 18, 2014 12:27AM
    Morgyn
    Breton Templar (Healer/DPS)
    <The Datura Company> (RP)
  • justinlandry50b14_ESO
    Its going to be hard to store all my stuff from the new zone since i still cant upgrade my bank... :/
  • BluntedJ
    BluntedJ
    I just want to say a couple of things about Crag from a technical and marketing perspective:
    1) Crag's concept of veteran play (i.e., post XP Cap play, other than PvP) is technically a great way to keep this game alive for a long time if it isn't a grind and it holds people over until the next AZ is released (and let's hope that's frequent).
    2) Z/B are doing a good marketing job using Crag to lure people in and the website is truly well done in that regard (i.e., advertising Crag, and at the bottom it says "Join Us", with that incredible artwork).
  • chongguang
    chongguang
    ✭✭✭
    I just want to ask that will there be any class balance in the new upcoming content????
  • Perseas
    Perseas
    ✭✭✭
    The way u made quests sequels NOT TO give any xp, but only few xp at the end... This Craglorn should be released yesterday... The game needs content, or rebalancing of how much xp we earn and when.
  • Aicilef
    Aicilef
    ✭✭
    Well, I would let you know what i think, but the agegate doesn't let me pass. EVER. It just loops back to the agegate.

This bug has been around since beta. I am not entirely sure why you people invest in community relations and making videos, if you don't bother to fix a bug that shuts people out of your online content.

Apparently someone, somewhere decided to have a budget to make online content but no budget to fix the bug that shut some people out of it.

This game is a good game, but you people really need to learn that communicating is important nowadays.These aren't the 90s anymore. These level of communication was okay when Arena came out, but nowadays, this kills your game.

You didn't say anything about the Error209 bug, which cause people not able to log in for a day. The official answer was even 'it's possible that you got to reinstall the game' while -apperently- people were busy fixing the error.

You don't say anything if this agegate problem will ever be fixed, so people can actually visit your website.

It was even too much to ask to spend 10 seconds and communicate to 400,000 people on twitter that the NA servers were back up.

Communication is key in today's gaming market. And you're failing at it.

Badly.

Which is a pity, cause you got a good game here. But you can't afford to communicate so badly today. You simply can't, you loose too many customers because of it.
    Edited by Aicilef on April 18, 2014 9:39AM
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds cool.. buuuutt...
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Any chance you could have someone update that page announcing the video to say its a new PAGE, not a new WEBSITE? I was expecting something like craglorn.com. It is still on elderscrolls.com.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Rancunier
    Rancunier
    chongguang wrote: »
    I just want to ask that will there be any class balance in the new upcoming content????

lol at class balance

• ZurinArctus
    ZurinArctus
    ✭✭✭
    Aicilef wrote: »
    Well, I would let you know what i think, but the agegate doesn't let me pass. EVER. It just loops back to the agegate.

This bug has been around since beta. I am not entirely sure why you people invest in community relations and making videos, if you don't bother to fix a bug that shuts people out of your online content.

Apparently someone, somewhere decided to have a budget to make online content but no budget to fix the bug that shut some people out of it.

This game is a good game, but you people really need to learn that communicating is important nowadays.These aren't the 90s anymore. These level of communication was okay when Arena came out, but nowadays, this kills your game.

You didn't say anything about the Error209 bug, which cause people not able to log in for a day. The official answer was even 'it's possible that you got to reinstall the game' while -apperently- people were busy fixing the error.

You don't say anything if this agegate problem will ever be fixed, so people can actually visit your website.

It was even too much to ask to spend 10 seconds and communicate to 400,000 people on twitter that the NA servers were back up.

Communication is key in today's gaming market. And you're failing at it.

Badly.

Which is a pity, cause you got a good game here. But you can't afford to communicate so badly today. You simply can't, you loose too many customers because of it.

Agreed on all points. I rarely visit the website or domains therein due to the agegate problem. Really wish it would get looked into. it's frustrating having to receive my news from others or on my phone. I don't see why I would need to do it at all if I am signed in.

The communication overall is lacking, with no transparency as to what is going on. Tickets in general get the usual automated response, reminding me of SWTOR. It's painful to see my quest log fill up with bugged encounters, some of which were crucial to main story or guild lines and stonewalled me from content for over a week.

I attribute the bugs overall to the megaserver architecture, and still enjoy the game no doubt. I just wish the communication would be better, as with the Error 209, so many people had issues with it, but no official word was given on a potential fix. The fix they did email out to persistent ticket submitters involved a laundry list of tasks editing msconfig, etc. that I doubt the average gamer would be eager or confident in doing. They need to step their game up and be more involved, revamp their launcher as needed, and not hope that the particular person is somewhat comp savvy.
  • Viverim
    Viverim
    ✭✭
    From the Craglorn Website

"Arm Yourself - Remarkable weapons and armor can be yours...if you can overcome devastating opponents like the Celestial Warrior"

So, sounds to me like ESO is taking the WoW path. Best, most powerful gear goes to the Raid guilds, making any kind of equitable PvP for any other play style a joke.

Oh well.

As for the website itself, visually impressive and I think that the design team did a wonderful job. I just wish there was something in the content that I thought I could access playing the way that I prefer.
  • vegeta0585b14_ESO
    vegeta0585b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    BluntedJ wrote: »
    I just want to say a couple of things about Crag from a technical and marketing perspective:
    1) Crag's concept of veteran play (i.e., post XP Cap play, other than PvP) is technically a great way to keep this game alive for a long time if it isn't a grind and it holds people over until the next AZ is released (and let's hope that's frequent).
    2) Z/B are doing a good marketing job using Crag to lure people in and the website is truly well done in that regard (i.e., advertising Crag, and at the bottom it says "Join Us", with that incredible artwork).

gonna agree and disagree. I hope it's grindy. The longer it takes to work through content, the longer it gives them to not only bring out more, but keeps players playing.

People know what they WANT, but not what they NEED. And these days people are all about "i want I want, now now." However if you put what they want at the end of a longer road, they'll STILL go get it, they'll just whine about having to work for it. It's second nature to people these days to complain, even if it isn't ACTUALLY bothering them.

That said, I also hope this is ACTUALLY challenging content. Cause so far we have duod every single 4 man instance in this game with 1 exception with 2 dps at level or LOWER than the instances. So if I can walk into craglorn and solo/duo the content (overworld) when they claim it's designed for groups of 4, I'm likely outtie.
  • IcerXx
    IcerXx

gonna agree and disagree. I hope it's grindy. The longer it takes to work through content, the longer it gives them to not only bring out more, but keeps players playing.

People know what they WANT, but not what they NEED. And these days people are all about "i want I want, now now." However if you put what they want at the end of a longer road, they'll STILL go get it, they'll just whine about having to work for it. It's second nature to people these days to complain, even if it isn't ACTUALLY bothering them.

That said, I also hope this is ACTUALLY challenging content. Cause so far we have duod every single 4 man instance in this game with 1 exception with 2 dps at level or LOWER than the instances. So if I can walk into craglorn and solo/duo the content (overworld) when they claim it's designed for groups of 4, I'm likely outtie.

Bull, calling it now. You have not done veteran dungeons with 2 players. You never would have made it past fungal grotto's second boss, or spindle's final boss.

• bean19
    bean19
    ✭✭✭
    I understand that Craglorn is group-content oriented and I'm okay with that if you will give us some tools to help make that work more easily. Finding groups shouldn't be a chore like it was in old MMOs.

A good example of this is Warframe. In that game, you chose to go somewhere and it auto-groups you with others going there but with a limit of 4 to the party and then it adjusts the difficulty based on your group size. This allows you to have fun whether or not the content is popular and you don't run into issues where a zone is farmed out and boring to run through because a zerg is there or issues where no one is there or the wrong class combinations are there so you can't complete the content.

I know there are people who played Everquest and other MMOs years and years ago who like spamming zone chat to form groups, but I don't. I also don't like that the current group finding tool puts us in groups before all of the positions are full. We should stay ungrouped until the group finder has found a full group, then it should confirm that we actually still want to do the content and immediately warp us to the dungeon's entrance. The current system is just asking for grief players. It would be super easy to ruin people's day right now by queuing for dungeons and then simply not going. Also, only the leader can get rid of players who disconnect or who are rude or bad. There needs to be a votekick function in groups and groups that are running dungeons in progress should go to the front of the group finder queue so that their play is not interrupted.

I know this is Bethedsa's first MMO, but your beta-testers must not have included any griefers or they were just smart enough not to do anything during the beta. I only got into the weekend beta, so I didn't invest enough time in the game to point these out and I imagine most people are the same - short betas to me are marketing demos, so I play just enough to see if I want the game rather than making a full character that will be deleted. There is a great potential for griefing in this game, and I'm sure you guys know that situations that allow customers to victimize other customers will wreck retention. Once griefers get to 50 and get bored with the actual content, this will be the number one complaint from those leaving (if you have an exit survey that has griefing or a poor dungeon finder as options).

Also, the UI for finding groups is weirdly nested. You have to go to groups, then a tab, then drop-down for dungeons, then a drop-down to select the dungeon. Look at your metrics and I think you'll see that 99% of it's use is to find groups for dungeons. It should have a UI that reflects that with the primary options up front and the weird stuff barely anyone uses nested.
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hope that the adventure zones are not like Raids in wow, where you cant get in without being a hardcore gamer.

Hardcore gamer in that matter, that you must commit to a raiding schedule and give up your life for this. We do have a grouping tool and I hope we will be able to use it to find like minded players for adventure zones.

Or better,

we enter the zone and automatically get into a group, like with the public dungeons. I don't like "locked zones" in MMO´s, where you must first find a group and then you all enter that place and from now on its either your group does it or you must wait for a whole week until you can go again.

That whole "you must commit to a group and stick with it for at least a week" takes away the fun of MMO´s and while I know that WOW made this system very popular, its not really a good game design as not everyone has the time to find such groups manually and if you leave early you cant go on as you are now saved to that specific group.

When I first heard about Adventure Zones I thought they are zones like Stonefalls where everyone can enter and you then have big raid encounters where everyone can participate. That you now want to lock content behind doors so only premade groups can do it is not really fun and I hope that this will be adjusted soon.

Having freedom is TESO, being stuck in a raid group is wow ;)
  • chongguang
    chongguang
    ✭✭✭
    Rancunier wrote: »
    chongguang wrote: »

lol at class balance

Cant understand what is your point to laugh? Does it mean that you think the 4 classes are already balanced or something else ?
    TBH, I may think each one of the 4 is ok currently. However i have seen many strange and wired changes from designers since last several years in different MMO games. This is the reason why i asked any balance/class change will occur in the upcoming content
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, does this mean we shouldn't bother with crafting other than Provisioning and Alchemy?
  • Jonnymorrow
    Jonnymorrow
    ✭✭✭
    Viverim wrote: »
    From the Craglorn Website

"Arm Yourself - Remarkable weapons and armor can be yours...if you can overcome devastating opponents like the Celestial Warrior"

So, sounds to me like ESO is taking the WoW path. Best, most powerful gear goes to the Raid guilds, making any kind of equitable PvP for any other play style a joke.

You mean they are taking the MMO path?

Whats wrong with people getting rewarded for killing powerful bosses. What you think everyone should have to craft the best gear in the game? what about people that prefer hard PvE for gear?

This game needs powerful bosses that take 12+ people to bring down, Because lets face it the bosses in this game are a joke. Far too easy and there is no challenge. Pretty much all can be 2 manned.

An Mmo to me needs challenging PvE with high risk rewards. ESO is so easy its getting boring fast.
  • Feisty
    Feisty
    I like the idea and that you guys keep innovating your product, which is a necessity. But you should learn to communicate better with your audience. Don't get me wrong, an audience is like "The Sims" or "Simcity". Ever-demanding and always needy. But lets face it, the game is still in a beta fase. Right now, the european servers are down *again*, not for maintenance but because players couldn't log in anymore. Quite basic for a game to function. Not to mention the quests that don't work and where you do not get any response when you report them, the bank items that all of the sudden get missing or bag upgrades that went to the afterlife.

I am even getting the feeling that it gets worse and worse with each patch. Again, it is a good thing that you keep innovating your product, but talk to your players, if a quest bugs out, help them out so they can proceed further, if bank items go missing, refund them etc etc etc.

The list is becoming endless. Think about those issues too and again, communicate them.

Just my two cents
  • Skylara
    Skylara
    ✭✭✭
    What's the release date?
  • Callestan
    Callestan
    Sounds like fun, hopefully it's balanced well and the bosses are hard. I want a game that offers real difficulty. Not a 12 man that is on farm the first week or two after its release.

Great game, but i'm going to reiterate your communication problems. They are quite frankly horrible. The game does feel like it's still in beta and as others have said reported bugs don't get real answers. Instead, it's an automated response that offers no help and comes off as condescending at best.

Craglorn looks great but I won't lie, I'm assuming it will be released with a myriad of bugs. That's how poorly the problems have been handled since beta weekends. I want this game to succeed so bad, so please get on the ball.
  • radogamer
    radogamer
    ✭✭
    First I want to say, if I'm not mistaken there is a forum thread called Customer Support and another called Game Discussion. This one is called Craglorn Site. Now, in regards to forums and discussion the usual etiquette is to stay on topic. People if you have problems with the servers, game content and other aspects of the game there are places to discuss this.

As far as Craglorn goes this all sounds very interesting and exciting. I have some questions.

Is this additional content or will it be a for purchase add on?

Just to clarify, this is not for single players, or can solos play in this area as well?

It says Veteran Players, what is the level needed to enter this area?

Thanks,
  • omimace
    omimace
    Soul Shriven
    Love the timers, farming bosses in the manner happening at the moment is just lame. Plus to be honest whats the point if not gold farming? You not get the drop big who move on the next public dungeon closer than sitting there on the spot spamming mobs. Just do not get it plus most are blatant farmers sitting there with names like "lllttppph"

Good drops should be difficult to get not easy to farm otherwise whats the point might as well just go play a pay to win game and buy everything!
  • ameces
    ameces
    I couldn't find a better place to post this, but here comes my feedback. Read this very carefully, because I speak with a thousand voices playing Elder Scroll Online.

The game is great. It is an unfinished diamond. The game is beautiful and has some unique attractions, such as creating the character freely, choosing your own path and learning the professions without a penalty. The difficulty is also admirable. In my travels, I have died more than I ever did in my other MMO experiences. Difficulty is underrated. MMO is about hard work, and TESO really doesn't give anything up easy. Although difficulty comes in many forms. Some of these are purely challenging, some extremely irritating in long term.

I'm not even going to talk about the latency issues when the game was launched for us, who bought the game early. I'm not here to blame, not even from the rollbacks that thousands of players had, that almost ruined the game for a week. I'm here to talk as an MMO gamer, a professional in the field if I could say. Heed my advice and make this game worth playing and paying for.

There are these 'little things' everywhere. And by little things I mean bugs. If you take a look at them one at a time, they're not big. No, on the contrary, they are nearly meaningless. But, when you experience these little things over and over again, they start to eat up one's fun.

For example riding a horse or just simply sprinting on foot. I'd suggest, make the horse move instantly as fast as it can. Because the mount can't apparently sprint before it gets to its maximum speed. Also jumping with the horse is nearly impossible. If you want to get over an obstacle, you must first get the horse running, because jumping without movement causes the horse to do this "lift a wheelie" thing. And when you start to move to get past an object, the horse is very slow in the beginning, making the jump fail miserably. I have failed a ton of cliff jumps because the character or the horse takes a while to accelerate to its full speed. Also jumping in this game is highly unfavorable. If I jump with my horse, it resets the speed and sprinting. The horse takes another annoying little time to regain the maximum speed again. Like I said, just little things, but I am only getting started.

I don't know if it's a latency thing. I don't know, if it's going to get better later, but the latency when I'm doing basically anything, is annoying. Say, I want to cast a spell. The cast begins, let's say, 0,5s late. There is no cast bar, and Add-ons don't provide a proper yet, so there is absolutely no way to estimate when the cast finally comes off. This really becomes an issue when I cast for example two crystal fragments in a row, and then want to finish the target off with an instant spell. Too often I find myself casting yet another crystal fragment, because it is impossible to estimate the casttime, or to know if I have another fragment on castingqueue.

Targeting is really hard. Or at least switching target. If I want to switch my solo-nuke target when I'm already casting, it's doomed. I don't think there is a way to change my maintarget after I've begun casting. Okay, maybe I'll turn around to stop the cast, and then I'll start again with the other target. But no, my cast was finished while I was facing the other way. I die again.

What is it with the quick-traveling? Nearly every time when I open my map, and choose a wayshrine to travel to, it fails the first time. It just ends doing whatever it's supposed to do. Okay I re-do it, and then it works.

What about gathering supplies from the ground? I often find runes and herbs that glow on the ground, but cannot be picked up. They simply just vanish when I start to interact with them. I think we should get a trollface on the screen when it happens, because that what it feels like. Also interacting with doors and objects like altars or braziers, is sometimes very tricky. One has to stand in an exact right position, and watch the object from the right angle to be able to press 'E', and finish the job. Many times, relogging solves everything. But relogging is yet another little irritating thing, that eats the gaming experience.

I could go on an on with these, but I'm going to stop here. I hope somebody reads this and at least take them into consideration. Remember that the Add-ons that gaming community makes, are usually wanted and required by the players. It is wisdomous to approve them and maybe even add similar features into the game! A rolling combat-text for example is something I want to see.
  • stokesc
    stokesc
    Soul Shriven
    Still waiting on the cross-alliance grouping as mentioned by Paul Sage in an interview a year ago:

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/03/19/the-elder-scrolls-online-interview-paul-sage/
  • Dragneel420
    IcerXx wrote: »

Bull, calling it now. You have not done veteran dungeons with 2 players. You never would have made it past fungal grotto's second boss, or spindle's final boss.

Lol this guy lies hard, its impossible to do all of them with 2 people, Unless there using redic exploits