Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

STAY AWAY FROM BOSSES! Report system trolled.

ScrubyMcBubble
Please think and ASK IF THEY ARE AFK before reporting, Trolls are ruining the report system..
Many people in the community assume everyone trying to kill a boss is a bot so if you stick around the area too long you will be reported and you will be suspended because ZeniMax doesn't have the time to look into each report and will take the word of another players wrongful judgement.
There is a chat system for a reason, if you suspect someone of botting send them a message and see if you get a reply! I have been to multiple farmed bosses and always ask "what does it drop? and how long till it spawns?" i ALWAYS get an answer, and if it seems i can get enough hits in to loot it, i might stick around to see if i might finish my set of gear. Even after the numbers thin out and go from 15 to 4 you would think those 4 would be the real bots, so i ask "which of you is not looting the boss?" and EVERY person replied till the last one said "sorry i'm full inventory but i just want the last piece to my set". Seems like a very reasonable excuse and i don't blame him, those zone dungeons require all the help you can get.
Yes i have found real bots who unresponsively chain the boss into their corner for hours, but people are jumping the gun on who they think are bots or not.

I hardly stick around boss locations long and engage in full conversation whilst waiting between spawns (cuz i get bored fast) yet somehow because of trigger happy reporters i am "Suspended" without so much as a notification or email telling me why or how long i am suspended...... Trying to appeal is HELL, I gave them a 18 hour window to call me back and it's been 4 days and still no call back, at the 2 day mark i send an email and still have no reply. My friends are tired of waiting for me so we can quest together so now i am being left in the dust..
  • otomodachi
    otomodachi
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, the CSR ticket system is atrocious for many people who go through it. Sorry. :(
    What do you gain by criticizing a CSR complaint?
  • thingy003
    thingy003
    ✭✭
    there seems to be an above average number of people who are more interested in reporting everything and anything and crying that they can't get their own way. It's a shame. Hope you get sorted soon.
  • MysticAura
    MysticAura
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I was with you up till the last paranoid remark. That aside, people shouldn't get extreme with report, and should make sure they're right before doing it. It's just common sense and courtesy. The problem is people are angry with the botters and extreme farmers so just jump to report without checking first.

As frustrating as it is, Zeni is so swamped at the moment. In a perfect world everyone would get a response withiin 24 hours, but currently that isn't very possible or likely. You will get a response eventually.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be fair, a lot of people have turned off zone and some of the other public channels just to get away from the goldsellers... so, even asking might not be enough.
  • columbineb14_ESO
    columbineb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I only want the bosses for cave completion ... perhaps I should adopt a new strategy of shouting "I AM NOT A BOT!" as my battle cry as I run up to the boss area? :p

(One thing about the current situation, it's always easy to tell WHERE the boss will spawn - just look for the crowd!)
    I have just told you more than I know.
  • Ragnar_Lodbrok
    Ragnar_Lodbrok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My friend got booted offline for spamming chat, funny thing was he didnt type a word in chat. He was able to log back in though.
  • ScrubyMcBubble
    My friend got booted offline for spamming chat, funny thing was he didnt type a word in chat. He was able to log back in though.
    I've had that happen to both me and my friends, most often it happens when i fall through the map then my character infinite jumping when he hits the bottom is considered spam and i get kicked.. Makes it very hard to quick travel out of the bugged ground when you get kicked for being there in the first place haha
  • waylander48
    waylander48
    ✭✭
    I only assume its a bot when I see the names ssddeff or xxppdds and names like that(yeah there are some people that like to use names like that)
    I don't report them only the ones I see teleporting or flying through the air those ones im sure are bots or cheats.
  • Daverios
    Daverios
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you are standing in one place repeatedly killing the very second a boss spawns I honestly do mot care if you are afk or not. It does not make a difference as the result is exactly the same to me. Why should I differentiate, you are just a big a problem as the bot beside you only less intellegent at least he has something mindless doing his mindless task, whats your excuse?

Fyi I have been told firsthand to do this by Zenimax management so until I hear otherwise I will continue to do so. There is a good chance it was me personally that reported you (I have sent in many many many reports) and I do not feel the least bit bad.
    Edited by Daverios on April 17, 2014 4:52PM
  • GossiTheDog
    GossiTheDog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Somebody told me they were going to report me as a bot because I refused their guild invite.

And they did.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daverios wrote: »
    If you are standing in one place repeatedly killing the very second a boss spawns I honestly do mot care if you are afk or not. It does not make a difference as the result is exactly the same to me. Why should I differentiate, you are just a big a problem as the bot beside you only less intellegent at least he has something mindless doing his mindless task, whats your excuse?

Fyi I have been told firsthand to do this by Zenimax management so until I hear otherwise I will continue to do so. There is a good chance it was me personally that reported you (I have sent in many many many reports) and I do not feel the least bit bad.
    Because farming is not botting and ZOS banning legitimate players who are at their keyboard is going to cause a backlash which harms the game and thus your playing.

Just because you don't like a style of gameplay doesn't give you the write to wrongfully file botting tickets, I somehow doubt you have Zenimax management telling you to report innocent players for botting just because you have a personal distaste for it.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • ScrubyMcBubble
    If you are standing in one place repeatedly killing the second boss spawns I honestly do mot care if you are afk or not. It does not make a difference as the result is exactly the same to me. Why should I differentiate ypu are just a big a problem as the bot beside you only less intellegent at least he has something mindless doing his mindless task, whats your excuse.

You are the scourge of the community. Do you report everyone in the room until you get what you want? I haven't farmed much but there was one occasion where someone showed stress at the task of finishing the boss so i invited him to group and helped him finish it. You do realize a good majority of those players standing still attacking it as it spawns are just other players struggling to finish the quest but can't get enough hits?
    By no means am i a pro at hitting the boss when it's being farmed as i've stated in my original post i have only killed a boss multiple times when killing it was simple with the number of players in the area..
  • GreenPenguin
    I feel that a lot of people are taking the situation to the extreme. As for what some people call spamming the boss, and others consider playing the game comes down to point of view, and this varies greatly. For those who truly are not bots, a fairer system should be put into place. Even if that means Zenimax needs to step up their response times so that the innocent do not get needlessly banned for long lengths by those who lack any form of grey in their world.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Somebody told me they were going to report me as a bot because I refused their guild invite.

And they did.

So stupid, I would really hope once things calm down and they have time to investigate all those file false claims and even using botting reports as threats get some of their own medicine and have a nice week without play.
    Reporting players with no actual cause should not be something taken lightly by any company and those who abuse the system should be punished if they continue to do so (I'm fine with one warning first).
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Daverios
    Daverios
    ✭✭✭✭
    No because Zenimax does not agree and told me directly to report these people gives me the right to do so. Did you miss that part or something? To be fair I Lways /say I am doing so, most people just sling insults at that point.

To be perfectly blunt if they go rid of everyone wjo thought this was cool and the way the game was intended to be played my game could only improve. What you seem to refuse to realize if you are hurting my game by playing like that. .. but you know you are you just do not care about other players. So why even play online? Yo can farm for years in Skyrim why not just play single player or farmville if all you want to do is farm... you certainly do not need to be online ruining my gameplay to achieve this but for some reason made the conscious decision to do so.
    Edited by Daverios on April 17, 2014 5:12PM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No because Zenimax does not agree and told me directly to report these people gives me the right to do so. Did you miss that part or something?
    Which member of Zenimax told you that you have permission to file petitions for players farming and please link some proof of this, because I really doubt it's true.
    More likely you have a reply from a customer service member who told you to keep reporting people you think are bots and they will check them out (I have had this myself from them).

Last I heard there were no rules about farming boss monsters right now and ZOS will be working to patch the problem out rather than creating rules on what's considered over farming.
  • Chomag
    Chomag
    ✭✭✭
    This game is so terrible.
  • Chomppa
    Chomppa
    ✭✭✭
    The only place where I rarely see bots is in Cyrodiil , even in zone chat lol . Yeah I do stay away from public dungeons unless I have a quests there , I just can't compete with bots .
    :):D:(;):\:o:s:p:'(:|B):#o:)<3 (*) >:)
  • GossiTheDog
    GossiTheDog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No because Zenimax does not agree and told me directly to report these people gives me the right to do so.

I don't know who told you that, but to be clear Zenimax posted an official statement here saying farming in game is allowed. If you are reporting players farming as bots, that's a *** situation for those players doing something which is expressly allowed in the terms and conditions of play.
  • SMW1980b14a_ESO
    SMW1980b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭

People like you are terrible.

I've had to kill the same boss 3-5 times for it to count for me. Many times I'll get several hits in but be unable to loot the boss. Probably do to lag or some other glitch. I'm not doing anything wrong, but with your flawed logic you'd report me.

What I find particularly ironic, is that you're going to do it without any thought or consideration until told to do otherwise. That means you yourself are now performing a bot like action.
    Edited by SMW1980b14a_ESO on April 17, 2014 5:11PM
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My husband and I are in a wait see mode. I don't have any confidence in ZOS acting fairly in any regard. People who leave customer service to bots, auto-banning and decisions affecting game play made by bots cannot be trusted.

We no longer are doing anything but simple quests and crafting when we are able to gather. We have turned off chat to avoid the gold sellers and trolls and guild invites to gold selling companies. I have turned on chat and find someone asking if I am there. I am still here for now.
    Edited by shadyjane62 on April 17, 2014 5:15PM
  • IronMaiden_burnout
    IronMaiden_burnout
    ✭✭✭
    I have a dedicated crafter and I'l kill the boss for decon loot as long as I please. It's easy to make out bots near bosses, they hardly ever move. I can't even harvest resources lately because the world is invaded by teleporting invisible harvesting bots. So I farm bosses so I can advance in crafting.

• sahib
    sahib
    ✭✭✭
    You do realize a good majority of those players standing still attacking it as it spawns are just other players struggling to finish the quest but can't get enough hits?

Sure, especially those guys named "dsasda", "njnnasd", "jkhkgj" and "ioyuiouio":

bots.png

Gotta admit, they've got nice reflexes. I wouldn't be able to react to a boss appearing in under 10ms.
    Edited by sahib on April 17, 2014 5:22PM
  • Chomag
    Chomag
    ✭✭✭
    sahib wrote: »
    You do realize a good majority of those players standing still attacking it as it spawns are just other players struggling to finish the quest but can't get enough hits?

Sure, especially those guys named "dsasda", "njnnasd", "jkhkgj" and "ioyuiouio":

bots.png

Gotta admit, they've got nice reflexes. I'm physically not able to react to a boss appearing in under 10ms.

Hey! Njnnasd is a friend of mine!
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My husband and I are in a wait see mode. I don't have any confidence in ZOS acting fairly in any regard. People who leave customer service to bots, auto-banning and decisions affecting game play made by bots cannot be trusted.

Has there actually been any proof their banning is run by a program rather than actual GM staff?
    So far a lot of what I have seen has been speculation and blame from those who have been banned, and not always proof they were innocently banned.

Now if this really is the case ZOS need to get their poop together and have real life actual GM staff do the bans after looking at logs and proof, banning players based solely on reports from other players or computer software used to detect bots isn't every going to be a good idea for your company.
    Now if they have software that picks up client modifications or repeated actions to flag a player for review that's fine by me, however as long as someone is looking at that data and making a decision rather than just clicking the ban button.

I really want to give ZOS the benefit of doubt here and say most of the claims of innocence are players who suddenly realise how screwed they were for trying to cheat (often the case in MMOs) but I would imagine that those if any who were innocently banned would be able to have a petition handled swiftly and I have even seen ZOS staff posting on the forums about private chats to sort issues which have been posted.
  • Daverios
    Daverios
    ✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    No because Zenimax does not agree and told me directly to report these people gives me the right to do so. Did you miss that part or something?
    Which member of Zenimax told you that you have permission to file petitions for players farming and please link some proof of this, because I really doubt it's true.
    More likely you have a reply from a customer service member who told you to keep reporting people you think are bots and they will check them out (I have had this myself from them).

Last I heard there were no rules about farming boss monsters right now and ZOS will be working to patch the problem out rather than creating rules on what's considered over farming.

Honestly have nothing to prove to you but yes was managment not support that told me this. Ie. Thier boss.

Besides the fact that bosses are being nerfed should be all the proof you ever needed fhat Zenimax does NOT agree that farming bosses and hindering other peoples play is a legitimate form of play nor how the game was intended. Again it is the hindering others that is the issue not farming and the fact that you care not about that part with others players being hindered is what makes you a jerk.

But there is good news as I am entirely avoiding caves until thiz fix is in because I am looling forward to enjoying a cave foe one finally so you are safe for now ... plus I got hit by bank bug so cannot even play my main. So you see we are in the same boat anyway lol.
    Edited by Daverios on April 17, 2014 5:26PM
  • SMW1980b14a_ESO
    SMW1980b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

But there is good news as I am entirely avoiding caves until thiz fix is in because I am looling forward to enjoying a cave foe one finally so you are safe for now ... plua I got hit by bank bug so cannot even play my main.

Some of that delicious karmic retribution for your misdeeds.

Awesome. That brightens my day.
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein
  • Calaban
    Calaban
    ✭✭✭
    Daverios what you're doing is wrong.
    End of discussion.
  • Daverios
    Daverios
    ✭✭✭✭

People like you are terrible.

I've had to kill the same boss 3-5 times for it to count for me. Many times I'll get several hits in but be unable to loot the boss. Probably do to lag or some other glitch. I'm not doing anything wrong, but with your flawed logic you'd report me.

What I find particularly ironic, is that you're going to do it without any thought or consideration until told to do otherwise. That means you yourself are now performing a bot like action.

Pardon me but I posses bi-pedal movement. Clearly this makes me an automaton. Lol

Edited by Daverios on April 17, 2014 5:30PM
  • Dracovar
    Dracovar
    ✭✭✭
    No because Zenimax does not agree and told me directly to report these people gives me the right to do so. Did you miss that part or something? To be fair I Lways /say I am doing so, most people just sling insults at that point.

To be perfectly blunt if they go rid of everyone wjo thought this was cool and the way the game was intended to be played my game could only improve. What you seem to refuse to realize if you are hurting my game by playing like that. .. but you know you are you just do not care about other players. So why even play online? Yo can farm for years in Skyrim why not just play single player or farmville if all you want to do is farm... you certainly do not need to be online ruining my gameplay to achieve this but for some reason made the conscious decision to do so.

Who told you this? Show your proof. Because boss farming is NOT against Zenimax's TOS.

"...farming these bosses, while possibly not very courteous of others who are trying to have a shot at the content too, is not against our Terms of Service.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/comment/597542/#Comment_597542

So whoever told you that, if anyone, is not only wrong, but has told you to do something that will probably get you banned in the long run. Reporting someone and getting them banned or suspended is a big deal. And to do it to players that aren't even bots just because you don't like how they play is repulsive, and I hope you get what's coming to you.

I kill the boss for the quest (if it has one), and for loot after, for items to deconstruct to level my crafting profession, and to get a few soul gems and potions, and it is just as valid a reason as any other, including killing the mob for a quest. Nobody can tell me their way of playing is more important than mine, or that their time comes before mine, that I have to defer to you, the "holy" immersive quest completer, because your priorities are more important than mine. I have just as much right to kill the mob as anyone else, as many times as I want, and Zenimax said so; "...The act of manually farming these bosses, while possibly not very courteous of others who are trying to have a shot at the content too, is not against our Terms of Service." Killing a boss faster than another does NOT equal "blocking" or griefing. It's PUBLIC dungeon. It's not your dungeon, and it certainly isn't your mob/boss. You (and your style of gaming) aren't more important than anyone else. It's a public dungeon in an MMO for crying out loud! Get over yourself. You can't impose restrictions on gameplay, whether farming or gathering or whatever. If a person is so inclined, and has the time, they can, and should, be able to play as they see fit. And if that means gathering for ten hours, or killing dungeon bosses for ten hours, it doesn't matter, and it doesn't make it wrong. And Zenimax agrees.

You don't get to dictate how I choose to play this game. A mob/boss belongs to everyone, to kill whenever, and however many times, they want.