Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What is the purpose of continually empowering TROLL Builds?

• ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyron wrote: »
    Derra wrote: »
    ok heres my opinion on what all builds should be like.

imagine u have to rate a build. out of 100 points per catagory. you can split them between tankyness, damage, sustain and mobility

lets look at a gank spec. would be 0, 100, 20, 20 total:140. high damage, but loses out all of the others. fair.

lets look at magsorc. if we compare it, sorc has insane damage, mobility, tankyness, and sustain.. they have gank level damage, with the damage shields making them super tanky. dark conversion give huge sustain, and obviously streak gives sorc the mobility. more like 70, 80, 60, 100. total:310. not so fair.

just my opinion. if you want to be good at alot of things fine. but you have to lose somthing to put into to other things.

my build (stamnb) would be 30, 70, 50, 60, total:210. you can see im sacrificing tankyness for damage and mobility. sorc dosnt really have to sacrifice anything for damage, as there defense scales of their offense (damage shields scale of max mag. so do their tooltips)

i think one major issue gamewise is that heals scale of damage. i think that if you want healing you should have to spec a little into healing.

oh btw. im not saying nerf damage shields or anything. i think they should scale of different things.

If you think magsorc is stronger than stamblade in dragonhold patch you´re not as good of a nb as you think you are.

Ahhh so it’s a nerf sorc thread...

The irony being that sorc is so bad this patch it isn´t even the best magica open world class anymore - let alone looking at stam aswell.

magsorc is possibly the strongest open world class this patch.

yeh, it is strongest, after Mplar and ALL stam

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/498627/strongest-classes-in-dragonhold/p1
    sorc voted 2nd by the community as a whole

157votes is hardly whole community
    you still have there magicka and stamina together. magsorc could get just 1% of all votes, rest is for stamSorc. COULD ( probably got more xD, but we dont know)

and fact that pvp is dominated by stamina is clear for all btw

lets see what can offer stamina vs magicka

stamina - better damage
    - better HoT (vigor is way better than RR)
    - better movement (sprint)
    - better control in fight ( dodge, block , CC break)

magicka - more ranged skills
    - better burst heals

stamina - better damage.
    better movement
    control.

sorc. meteor streak or frag curse. nuke combos
    streak. strongest mobility
    sorc can by far control any fight
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Those nuke combos are very telegraphed and easily avoidable as they are backloaded burst. A good player can exploit that and mitigate enough to survive, at which point the combo becomes fairly useless and the lack of sorcs' sustained pressure becomes an issue.
    This has almost always been the case and is the reason Sniker's gang didn't put sorc in S tier. If you complain about being killed by that burst often, you need to learn how to mitigate.
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    Those nuke combos are very telegraphed and easily avoidable as they are backloaded burst. A good player can exploit that and mitigate enough to survive, at which point the combo becomes fairly useless and the lack of sorcs' sustained pressure becomes an issue.
    This has almost always been the case and is the reason Sniker's gang didn't put sorc in S tier. If you complain about being killed by that burst often, you need to learn how to mitigate.

a good sorc can land the streak perfectly. meteor and curse hitting at same time?
    sorcs are bursty.
    might not be best class but a good sorc can rule pvp.
    just look at malcom
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭

imagine u have to rate a build. out of 100 points per catagory. you can split them between tankyness, damage, sustain and mobility

lets look at a gank spec. would be 0, 100, 20, 20 total:140. high damage, but loses out all of the others. fair.

lets look at magsorc. if we compare it, sorc has insane damage, mobility, tankyness, and sustain.. they have gank level damage, with the damage shields making them super tanky. dark conversion give huge sustain, and obviously streak gives sorc the mobility. more like 70, 80, 60, 100. total:310. not so fair.

just my opinion. if you want to be good at alot of things fine. but you have to lose somthing to put into to other things.

my build (stamnb) would be 30, 70, 50, 60, total:210. you can see im sacrificing tankyness for damage and mobility. sorc dosnt really have to sacrifice anything for damage, as there defense scales of their offense (damage shields scale of max mag. so do their tooltips)

i think one major issue gamewise is that heals scale of damage. i think that if you want healing you should have to spec a little into healing.

oh btw. im not saying nerf damage shields or anything. i think they should scale of different things.

If you think magsorc is stronger than stamblade in dragonhold patch you´re not as good of a nb as you think you are.

The irony being that sorc is so bad this patch it isn´t even the best magica open world class anymore - let alone looking at stam aswell.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/498627/strongest-classes-in-dragonhold/p1

you still have there magicka and stamina together. magsorc could get just 1% of all votes, rest is for stamSorc. COULD ( probably got more xD, but we dont know)

stamina - better damage

- better burst heals

More like magic for large scale/ball groups and stamina for small scale.

i play solo or with my brother so magicka is playable that too. its just excuse someone can play only in zerg

it isnt necessary, its just easier
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭

a good sorc can land the streak perfectly. meteor and curse hitting at same time?
    sorcs are bursty.
    just look at malcom

or look at Lybal, how "weak" NBs are. these are good players. but you cannot judge whole class because someone is good with it. they are just good
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

sorcs are bursty.
    just look at malcom

That's an expensive ultimate and a 3.5 second countdown. Plenty of time to do something.
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

sorcs are bursty.
    just look at malcom

That's an expensive ultimate and a 3.5 second countdown. Plenty of time to do something.

As someone who has used meteor probably 10,000 times I have to admit that it’s effectively useless against most good players. It is best used as a zerg buster into a crowd and praying it hits 10 people, not 1. If you’re gonna use a single target magicka ultimate you may as well just slot the soul magicka beam so that when it’s blocked at least someone will need to block for 3 seconds instead of less than 1.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not that at all, after some thought I believe DPS was lowered first as they knew there would be an uproar however have you seen any changes where armor and resistances have been lowered yet? It will come. All this is to stop people from burning through content, kicking out new zones and DLC's this often have got to be putting a strain on ZoS's programming budget. It's an evil plan but mark my words armor and resistances are next.
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭

stamina - better damage

- better burst heals

i play solo or with my brother so magicka is playable that too. its just excuse someone can play only in zerg

What are you trying to say ?.

Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

sorcs are bursty.
    just look at malcom

As someone who has used meteor probably 10,000 times I have to admit that it’s effectively useless against most good players. It is best used as a zerg buster into a crowd and praying it hits 10 people, not 1. If you’re gonna use a single target magicka ultimate you may as well just slot the soul magicka beam so that when it’s blocked at least someone will need to block for 3 seconds instead of less than 1.

Did someone say "Magicka Dawnbreaker"?
    (^___-)
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭

stamina - better damage

- better burst heals

What are you trying to say ?.

That most of players rather team up, to zerg everything than actually try to play proper pvp. Just for cheap AP
    Edited by Anyron on November 5, 2019 4:28AM
  • Icarus42
    Icarus42
    ✭✭✭
    Nerf Sorc!
    Ebonheart Pact - PC NA - Magicka Sorcerer
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭

stamina - better damage

- better burst heals

Adding more Stamina over Magicka in group fights increases the combat multipliers of the group. In the current iteration of ESO outside of group healing Magicka is outclassed by Stamina in every aspect of the game, in both PvP and PvE. And it is not even close!

ESO has become play Stamina or be gimp or play a Magical Caster in another MMO. That fact is highly observable all over the internet.
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marcus684 wrote: »

Another NB focusing their complaints on sorcs. I swear these two classes are like cats and dogs.

Meow

templar 100, 70, 60, 60 total:290

you have to admit magsorcs are very tanky (with shields) have high damage, great sustain and INSANE mobility. and that nb is squish af.

I'll admit that magsorcs have the ability to have very good ratings in these categories, but they've definitely been taken down a few notches from their god-like past. As for NBs being squishy, that's only if you build to the past meta of glass-cannon-rely-on-cloak-for-defense that used to define the class. NBs can be built just as tanky as any class these days, and their mobility, sustain and burst is still on par with the best of them. The "assassins" just have to accept that ZOS has nerfed that gameplay and join the battle, or learn to choose their ganks more wisely.

edit for clarity
    Edited by Marcus684 on November 6, 2019 1:16AM
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They don't. It can easily be explained as:

- Buffing certain skills without a thought.
    - Encouraging group play too much

This leads to stupid things like "Necro graveyard bombers", and builds where you can just slap on like 3 DOT's, and watch people melt away without a way to survive over the duration of like 8 seconds. People cry and complain about it, and ZOS goes like "Oh yikes, we need to nerf this! Let's take away at least half of that damage!".

People exploit what the devs buff too much, and next update - they make sure to find out what was ridiculously buffed this time, and exploit it instead. If they made more sensible changes, and dropped this extreme focus on "group play", this wouldn't happen (as much).
  • EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So lets look at this....
    In the past year you have added a Immovability and Off Balance Immunity, (which seems to be up on most players about 90% of the time). You have light armor Sorcs running around in Pariah with 30K resist, while Penetration maxes out at about 26K for Spell, lower for Stam... and now you want to add 5280 to potions which essentially make the average resistance in Cyrodil about 38-40K?
    The average player doesn't even understand the formula for Pen Vs Resist and now I'm wondering if the developers do? Two people won't be able to hit someone with the same dot anymore, and the average player will be hitting people for 10-15% of their tooltip? LOL

Seriously, this is the game you want where the only way to kill someone will be for groups to zerg them down for 5minutes? It's a combat based game where every patch you make it harder for people to die, are we supposed to see Sheild Stacking Sorcs with 40K resist, 3000 recovery and 20K in sheilds, with Stun,Immunity and Off Balance Immunity hopping up and down on every rock waiting to zerg down the one sucker that wants to play DPS?

The game was already to heavily weighted for the "JUST STAY ALIVE AND ZERG BUILDS".. and not it is getting borderline unplayable.

CP. It's not friendly in pvp situation but necessary for pve.

Try non-cp. Been doing it for years.
    Edited by EmEm_Oh on November 7, 2019 10:45AM
  • Van_Winkle
    Van_Winkle
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol, someone still cries about sorcs, while PvP is full of templars and stamina tank-apes, that run around, spam 1-2 buttons and deal more damage than a sorc with all its "OP" combos. Oh, and do not forget about theyr sustain through cancelled heavy attacks. But yea, i agree that nb is weaker now than other stamina builds, cause they cant live so long like DK, heal themselves like templars and burst through any defense like wardens (who always cry, how weak they are, lol) :'(
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    in CP PvP 1v1 fights are really even. It comes down to skill. 2v1 is real hard now against competent players, they can use the same stuff you can.

Don't hate your cheese was brought in line with other cheese.
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you know they need a nerf when there are 4+ in a BG
    more and more with each passing day.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And...they still lose because they can't kill anyone. I mostly see templar or warden group, almost never seen a sorc group.
    Edited by universal_wrath on November 19, 2019 10:43AM
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And...they still lose because they can't kill anyone. I mostly see templar or warden group, almost never seen a sorc group.

Are you kidding? It seems like all I see is sorcs now. I played in a BG with 8 of them just last night.

I have noticed a moderate uptick in wardens as well, but not enough to overtake Templars & DKs.
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pro tip:
    If you see a sorc " hopping up and down on every rock waiting to zerg down the one sucker that wants to play DPS". Don't chase after them. It is exactly what they want. Let them hop up and down on the rock. Don't be a mindless drone that chases every enemy player.
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kagukan wrote: »
    Pro tip:
    If you see a sorc " hopping up and down on every rock waiting to zerg down the one sucker that wants to play DPS". Don't chase after them. It is exactly what they want. Let them hop up and down on the rock. Don't be a mindless drone that chases every enemy player.

Or better yet, go for it. You'll probably die but maybe you'll learn something and get better. Sorcs aren't the OP best-at-everything class that they used to be. Even the best can be beaten if you play smart.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Msorc has one great vulnerability. its , like for all magicka, their stamina for CCs and roll

just stun them enought until they are drained of stamina. then it is easy to kill them

And with Stonefist, DK's have been given a great tool with which to stun. LOL.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »
    Msorc has one great vulnerability. its , like for all magicka, their stamina for CCs and roll

just stun them enought until they are drained of stamina. then it is easy to kill them

And with Stonefist, DK's have been given a great tool with which to stun. LOL.

The best. Obviously.
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To kill off pvp, along with the *** performance issues
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    In a game with so many options for individual toons multiplied by options for how you groups multiplied by the various environments favouring various types of strategies -- whatever you ask to nerf it won't matter too much because the player base will come up with something else.
    And any change to address a specific issue/environment will likely have a ripple effect that makes another problem elsewhere.

This is why ZOS should abandon trying to balance anything for PvP. They should definitely focus on play-your-way and people starting with a power-fantasy instead of automatically looking for meta. And separate them in PvP with a proper system of leagues so that all the meta chasers can figure things out in their own leagues where they stalemate. If they can't break the stalemate, they can always try playing something else and get sorted into another league where they don't stalemate.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on November 22, 2019 7:31AM
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont mind the builds, but the trolling :) It is always what people make out of it and i agree on the bunnyhopping rock campers.

• Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thread summary:

Two tanks met in cyrodiil, neither could kill the other. One got mad because the other one was more maneuverable. Conclusion of mad tank: nerf tanks.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Thread summary:

Two tanks met in cyrodiil, neither could kill the other. One got mad because the other one was more maneuverable. Conclusion of mad tank: nerf tanks.

Pretty much.