The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Wait... WHAT? Did they NOT fix the dungeon finder?! :D

Nyladreas
Nyladreas
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Title ^^^^^

Either I'm way too tired from work and therefore blind, or it's just not in the patch notes or ZOS actually did NOTHING... Lmao....
Can anyone provide any info on the current state of the dungeon finder before I get back home, please?
Would like to make some other, more enjoyable plans in case it's still a shitshow. Thanks! :):heart:
Edited by Nyladreas on November 18, 2019 4:07PM
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    5yrs the game has been out. The group finder hasn't been around as long but the fact that they can't get it working is crazy.

Imagine the disaster it will be with the performance updates we are getting soon.
  • Skorro
    Skorro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe for next years undaunted event xD
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apparently there was some edge case that would just eat system resources for the entire database.
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They have said they will update us at some point today (Monday 18) about the Undaunted event and to some extent the Group Finder.

I would be impressed if they have a really clear idea of what caused all the issues and had come up with a timed/costed plan to deal with it by then. I would imagine the timescale will be weeks not days. The only update I am expecting is that the Undaunted event will be ‘properly’ cancelled.

I had zero expectation that Group Finder would be fixed in the patch. The patch applied today will have been approved on Thursday or Friday at the latest. And I’m fine with that. The last thing anyone wants is random ‘fixes’ going live without being properly tested.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can’t wait for the next event so I can read all the spazzing out on the forums after the event is cancelled two hours into it.
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They did only figure out the new database issue on Friday, and put a patch into QA on the weekend. It clearly didn't make it through QA yet - that's pretty common for rushed software. Some people have been working a lot of overtime - kudos to them.

I'm more curious about why the backpack visual glitch hasn't been fixed yet - it's been known, acknowledged, and a patch "in the works" since update 24 came out.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They did only figure out the new database issue on Friday, and put a patch into QA on the weekend. It clearly didn't make it through QA yet - that's pretty common for rushed software. Some people have been working a lot of overtime - kudos to them.

I'm more curious about why the backpack visual glitch hasn't been fixed yet - it's been known, acknowledged, and a patch "in the works" since update 24 came out.

You had me in the first half

Backpack visual? Its worth mentioning with a fundamental game system absolutely not working... k
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Lady_Rosabella
    Lady_Rosabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MajBludd wrote: »
    5yrs the game has been out. The group finder hasn't been around as long but the fact that they can't get it working is crazy.

Imagine the disaster it will be with the performance updates we are getting soon.

I totally agree! I've been playing since launch and, if I'm not mistaken, the group finder was released in June 2015 and every year it's the same. People keep saying "give them time." How much time do they need?
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wasn't expecting a fix yet, but I am interested in what they're going to say about the problems, planned fixes and the impact on events.

Even if the Undaunted event is just cancelled there's the Dragonguard event due to start on the 26th which also involves dungeons so they're going to have to address that too. Plus a way for players to earn the tickets and other rewards which we missed out on because the Undaunted event was cancelled.

Of course what I'd really like them to say is "We've fixed it, this time it really will work and we'll be re-running both events as originally designed" (although one will probably have to be after New Life) but that seems unlikely, so I'm interested to hear what they do plan to do about it.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    Can’t wait for the next event so I can read all the spazzing out on the forums after the event is cancelled two hours into it.

I mean at this point it's some sort of twisted tradition
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn Zos pick up the phone cause I called it I knew the Undaunted Event was going to be a disaster server wise and the group finder is broken what a surprise not.
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • wavingblue
    wavingblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    Apparently there was some edge case that would just eat system resources for the entire database.

And by edge case you mean you people actually using Group Finder.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nyladreas wrote: »
    twisted tradition

Great name for a raid, pvp, or erp guild
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Welcome to Tamriel, we dont have cookies...loading times got them 1st.
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nyladreas wrote: »
    twisted tradition

Great name for a raid, pvp, or erp guild

LOL someone better make it I guess, make sure it's ERP too :joy::joy:
  • woe
    woe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe you should read the updates instead of posting dumb *** on the forums and acting like an entitled 12 year old o:)
    uwu
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dungeon Finder was back to working sporadically (or situationally?) tonight. Wait times seemed generally longer and a tank, healer and DPS queued for a pledge dungeon waited 27 minutes before we gave up on that and found a fourth to join us. I think Dungeon Finder did successfully then transport us to the dungeon at least.
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    deflorate wrote: »
    Maybe you should read the updates instead of posting dumb *** on the forums and acting like an entitled 12 year old o:)

I did read the patch notes, there's not a single word about this issue. That's the problem.

Did YOU read the patch notes? :joy::joy:@deflorate Also, I'm a 12 year old but your name is that? :) come on!

Also, If you mean the official updates posted on top, that's always the same story from ZOS over and over. You haven't been here for only a short while, you should know :)
    Edited by Nyladreas on November 19, 2019 10:11AM