The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

ESO Future in Next 2-3 Years

• zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    myskyrim26 wrote: »
    I'm worried about the content left. What attarctive zones are left? A part of Skyrim and a part of Cyrodiil. We already had Redguard zones, Argonian, Khajiit zones. Can a new part of Hammerfell or Black Marsh attarct as much players as Summerset or Elsweyr? I doubt. Akavir, daedric planes - sure. But will we ever see Akavir in ESO? I would love to, yet I doubt this mysterious land will be revealed to us...
    Lots of empty space on the map.
    reynLsv.jpg
    Note that most of the two unmarked areas was in TES 4 Oblivion.
    More than enough space for 8 year I guess

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Curious_Death
    Curious_Death
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord_Eomer wrote: »
    As we do not have ESO Roadmap from Developers, will it be alive in next 2-3 Years?

:star: IN EU/PC AD will have night cap squad of loosers on every campaign not just 30 day CP, and i think there will be tips like:
    AD - Easy PVP with buffs and lots of potatoes
    EP - Mid PVP good players but not enough to take back stolen by AD scrolls.
    DC - Hard PVP - good players that fight with equal unbuffed EP coz AD with buffs no reason to fight/no buff no AD

For crowns u could lvl up 1-50 instantly + mats packs for crowns + gold bars (to make every1 buy crowns no crown trades for gold)
  • Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jaekobcaed wrote: »
    Facefister wrote: »
    "This game is at the top of the MMO market."
    Lol no.

Yes. ESO has 13 million players with, at the very least, about 2.5 million active players per month (probably quite a bit more, as that's a two-year-old statistic and the game has only grown since then). No other MMO aside from WoW and Guild Wars 2 can claim statistics that high these days and WoW really only has those numbers around the time a new expansion comes out.

Whether you like the idea or not, ESO is at the top of the MMO market and there isn't any denying that. It may not necessarily be the number one MMO (I believe it is, but that's based more on estimation than fact), but there's no denying that it's in the top echelon of the MMO market.
    WoW has more than 100 million registered accounts. That's what your 13 million players are, registered accounts. 2.5 million "active" players mean literally everything, free-trial players, free-weekend players, people who bought it during 50% sales. What matters are the ESO+ members since they are the ones who invest into the game. Even on Steam, it jumped by 10k players but only because it was free for a week.

1 wow World of Warcraft 1,900,056
    2 2007scapeOld School RuneScape! 1,709,920
    3 ffxivFinal Fantasy X|V Online 1,261,192
    4 elderscrollsonline Elder Scrolls Online 473,914

Source: https://mmo-population.com/

WoW and FF are pure P2P games.

ESO was a serious contender, but endless greed, incompetence and zero communication catapulted ESO back to the 2nd league. No one, except us, cares about ESO.
    Edited by Facefister on November 11, 2019 7:56PM
  • Dracofyre
    Dracofyre
    ✭✭✭✭
    what i want to see and play,
    Blackreach, with all new tier 2 alchemy items, blue formula. hanging moss and red nirns.
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lol no.

Yes. ESO has 13 million players with, at the very least, about 2.5 million active players per month (probably quite a bit more, as that's a two-year-old statistic and the game has only grown since then). No other MMO aside from WoW and Guild Wars 2 can claim statistics that high these days and WoW really only has those numbers around the time a new expansion comes out.

Whether you like the idea or not, ESO is at the top of the MMO market and there isn't any denying that. It may not necessarily be the number one MMO (I believe it is, but that's based more on estimation than fact), but there's no denying that it's in the top echelon of the MMO market.
    WoW has more than 100 million registered accounts. That's what your 13 million players are, registered accounts. 2.5 million "active" players mean literally everything, free-trial players, free-weekend players, people who bought it during 50% sales. What matters are the ESO+ members since they are the ones who invest into the game. Even on Steam, it jumped by 10k players but only because it was free for a week.

ESO was a serious contender, but endless greed, incompetence and zero communication catapulted ESO back to the 2nd league. No one, except us, cares about ESO.

Am curious where https://mmo-population.com/ got it's ESO number from.??
    Wow/Activision-Blizzard is a public company, which means they have to share their numbers.
    Zenimax Media is a private corp, which is why we have no real numbers, just what ever the dev's want to tell us.
    People and sites can speculate all they want, we wont know the truth till Zenimax goes public, and they have been around since 1999, so I don't see them changing anytime soon...
    My 2 drakes.... Huzzah!
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • Rungar
    Rungar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol no.

No, its the combat system. My own brother and all his friends play wow because they didnt like the combat system of this game and while most of you guys seem to be deaf to it ive only ever heard one eso complaint. Everything else in eso is top quality compared to those games.

It's 0.0666 of a second to midnight.

Rungar's Mystical Emporium
  • scorpius2k1
    scorpius2k1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jircris11 wrote: »
    Love how people keep crying that eso us dead yet they have no facts. From where I stand as someone who HELPS NEW PEOPLE, it's been getting more and more busy. Sure the "tryhards" leave but majority of the playerbase are casual gamers. And most of the people i talk to in all my guilds are not effected by nerfs as we are mmo vets who dont demand to be spoon fed. Most people complaining are mad cause they cant solo content that was ORIGINALLY not meant to be soloed. Or they lost their OP pvp build.

Sure losing or changing your build sucks but it's a tale as old as time when it comes to mmos.

I think maybe if we replaced the word DEAD with IT COULD BE DOING MUCH BETTER would be more appropriate. ZoS is killing it softly and I think dead is a bit of a misnomer, at least for now. Death of ESO is inevitable, but how fast we get there is entirely up to ZoS and they playerbase support.
    🌎 PC/NA
    🐧 Linux (Arch)
    🧑‍💻 ESO Addon Dev
    ⚔️ Stamplar | Magplar | Stamcro | Magsorc | Magcro Healer
  • Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "Everything else in eso is top quality compared to those games."
    Like what?
  • Rungar
    Rungar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eso has the best and most flexible armor and weapons system
    eso has the best and most flexible skills system
    eso has the best housing system
    eso has the best quests with real voice actors
    eso has the best crafting
    eso has the best achievements system
    eso has the best siege based pvp. Even with its flaws its still the best.
    eso has the best graphics of the lot
    eso has the best leveling system

it should have the best combat system but they screwed it up gone mental with the weaving/cancelling bs. All they really had to do was have active roll dodge and block and they could of built from there.

so they had the mmo with the most choices and jammed it into a combat system that has no choices. You cant even use some of the skills because they are too hard to cancel or dont weave well.

• Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    -eso has the best and most flexible armor and weapons system
    Wrong, ESO is just as limiting as other MMOs maybe even more since the DD options are extremely limiting regarding weapon choices. Just because you can equip a frost staff as a stamina DD doesn't mean you should. Illusion of choice.
    -eso has the best and most flexible skills system
    And ESO has the fewest amount of skills to use. Especially in PvE, there is a minimal difference among classes.
    -eso has the best housing system
    A limiting feature which is heavily tied to the crown-store.
    -eso has the best quests with real voice actors
    Best quests in what regard? Majority of quests in ESO, in any MMO, are fetch and kill quests. Overland is a joke. WoW and FF also have main and story quests which can be astounding.
    -eso has the best achievements system
    No, it isn't account-wide.
    -eso has the best siege based pvp. Even with its flaws its still the best.
    PvP is a mess.
    -eso has the best graphics of the lot
    Graphics in ESO look aged. And discussing about Graphics is purely subjective. Also, FF and WoW have more details put in what they do.
    -eso has the best leveling system
    People love CP so much...
  • WeerW3ir
    WeerW3ir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    I'm worried about the content left. What attarctive zones are left? A part of Skyrim and a part of Cyrodiil. We already had Redguard zones, Argonian, Khajiit zones. Can a new part of Hammerfell or Black Marsh attarct as much players as Summerset or Elsweyr? I doubt. Akavir, daedric planes - sure. But will we ever see Akavir in ESO? I would love to, yet I doubt this mysterious land will be revealed to us...
    reynLsv.jpg

Clearly it will be skyrim the next chapter. the next zone dlc will be Solstheim
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol no.

Wow/Activision-Blizzard is a public company, which means they have to share their numbers.
    Zenimax Media is a private corp, which is why we have no real numbers, just what ever the dev's want to tell us.
    People and sites can speculate all they want, we wont know the truth till Zenimax goes public, and they have been around since 1999, so I don't see them changing anytime soon...
    My 2 drakes.... Huzzah!

No company posts their numbers. But they are required by law to have their quarterly investor call. Remember former employees have lose lips as well . Zenimax them selves have said how many registered accounts they have ,they call them players. I dont think zenimax has more then 750k actives across all platforms right now. This game is horrible in retention due to it's boring convulated progression system.
  • Rungar
    Rungar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wrong, ESO is just as limiting as other MMOs maybe even more since the DD options are extremely limiting regarding weapon choices. Just because you can equip a frost staff as a stamina DD doesn't mean you should. Illusion of choice.
    And ESO has the fewest amount of skills to use. Especially in PvE, there is a minimal difference among classes.
    Best quests in what regard? Majority of quests in ESO, in any MMO, are fetch and kill quests. Overland is a joke. WoW and FF also have main and story quests which can be astounding.
    PvP is a mess.
    Graphics in ESO look aged. And discussing about Graphics is purely subjective. Also, FF and WoW have more details put in what they do.

no your missing the point. Because of the shoddy combat system aka weaving/cancelling for dps all those things that are great about the game get invalidated because they are not viable with the weaving system.

its the combat system that drives the minimal differences into the "what works best" funnel of weaving and cancelling. Remove that and other playstyles become viable. They are there though like an egg waiting forever to hatch.

• ATomiX69
    ATomiX69
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unless there are drastic changes in the CP system and the games' performance, I doubt its gonna last another 2-3 years.
    People get fed up from the same/similar gameplay, the same handful of trials and horizontal progression for years.
    I mean they gave us hints that they wanted to completely replace the CP system eventually, but it better come soon while a bunch of people are still playing this mess of a game.
    smurf account
    New PvP content when?
    Better cyro performance when?
    Farmed about 3 GO's worth of AP
    world 3rd immortal redeemer (22.02.18) and other not noteworthy trifectas
  • jaekobcaed
    jaekobcaed
    ✭✭✭
    Lol no.

Yeah, RuneScape has over 275 million accounts, with only about 1.8 million active accounts. Point is, very few MMOs can boast the numbers that ESO has. And I'd certainly trust the company themselves over some third-party site that literally cannot access the statistics of the MMOs it's claiming to. As far as I'm aware, of that list you gave, only RuneScape publicly posts its player counts.

And I'm not sure where you get the notion that no one cares about ESO. It continually receives nominations and awards five years later and it's often talked about within TES and MMO communities. It's also often among the top games on Twitch. Plus, what kind of greed and incompetence are you talking about? This game is far more consumer-friendly than any other MMO on the market and there hasn't been any major blunder from the devs.

It just sounds to me like you're insistent on being a doomsayer. Plus, even if the numbers that you posted were accurate (probably not, considering the fact that there's no way they could know ESO's numbers), do you realize that this game is still among the top tier of most profitable MMOs? There are loads of ESO Plus subscribers, people almost always buy the chapters and DLCs, Crown crates are clearly successful and the Crown Store is continually pumping out new stuff. Even if the numbers were small (they're clearly not), by sheer virtue of the fact that ZeniMax is making bank on this game ensures that it'll be around for quite a long while despite your doom and gloom.
    Isachar Daerenfel of Alinor, Psijic Sage, Master Wizard of the Mage's Guild and heir to the Daerenfel Trading Co.
    [PC/NA]
  • Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Your entire post has several points where it contradicts itself.
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My crystal ball says:

Skyrim 2020 - More dragons
    Akavir 2021 - The source of dragons
    After that either some more Cyrodiil, Hammerfell or Blackmarsh
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see myself here in 2-3 years. But I mostly PvP and it's been getting stale for the last 2 already. Cyrodiil just doesn't have any carrot left to chase. Introduce a new class? Played them all. Mag and Stam. Go for Emp? Pfft, don't really care about that. BG's and No-Cp doesn't work for me. I love massive battles, but lag kills it for all involved. New coding or w/e by Q2 you say? Nope. No faith in that helping. Might get a bit better? But still won't be like newer games around the corner.

ZoS would need a patch so massive. So entirely incredible (and no, not a year long series of roller coaster mechanics nerfs). That it'd be like playing a brand new game for me to remain that far out. Total skills and PvP revamp. So much so, that I know ZoS won't do it. It'd basically have to be ESO2.
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope there is no more eso in a year or 2. Not bcz i didnt enjoy the game but im ready for part 2. My biggest gripes with ESO are issues that are built into the core game and cannot be changed unless its completely scrapped and the core game gets a facelift.
  • vilio11
    vilio11
    ✭✭✭
    vestahls wrote: »

There's also the eastern part of Morrowind to be filled in, which notably contains Necrom. Between that and Skyrim and Cyrodiil, there's a few years of content at least.
    I agree, the other areas aren't nearly as interesting. We've had enough deserts and swamps.

I hope that they are not going to butcher this zones and make them small with one city.
  • KageNin
    KageNin
    ✭✭✭
    Dead and buried.
  • vilio11
    vilio11
    ✭✭✭
    jircris11 wrote: »
    "Eso has more content and story than any mmo[...]"
    Wrong.
    Example:
    WoW - BfA
    Release date: 14. August 2018
    Total amount of raids: 4
    Total amount of raid bosses: 27
    Total amount of dungeons: 10

All of the content above have 4 different difficulties with additional "challenge modes"

Here goes your theory about "more content than any other mmo".

Wow is also vastly aged and out dated in terms of combat. Still a good game and yes it gas more "content" but when it comes to pve casual story and questing its boring as hell. Least eso keeps it entertaining the first run though. Wow and ffxiv questing bore me to tears. Ffxiv is fetch quest simulator king.

The problem is that for some people casual exploaration and questing can become boring and they want more content like dungeons or trials.
  • EIGHTS
    EIGHTS
    ✭✭✭✭
    TES6 release date, the end of ESO.
    I'm not native speaker in English. I hope that I don't make you misunderstand.
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully in an better place then it is today so i can get back to ENJOYING it again but ill stay hopeful as i play something else because its just became to unpleasant to play it this way after 13,000 hrs logged since release but if they're ever to fix ill gladly put in another 13,000 hrs
  • GrimTheReaper45
    GrimTheReaper45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I foresee

- heavy attacks are the sole combat ability
    - lag spikes followed by disconnects every 5 mins
    - a guy with a fire extinguisher sitting by the servers at all time.
    - crown store prices increase slowly
    - More re-skinned mounts
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol no.

My 2 drakes.... Huzzah!
    This, player count on WOW servers are also public at least it was.
    The site claims ESO has almost 600K daily players. That can easy be translated into 2-3M active lots don't play every day.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rungar wrote: »

PvP is a mess.

no your missing the point. Because of the shoddy combat system aka weaving/cancelling for dps all those things that are great about the game get invalidated because they are not viable with the weaving system.

its the combat system that drives the minimal differences into the "what works best" funnel of weaving and cancelling. Remove that and other playstyles become viable. They are there though like an egg waiting forever to hatch.
    Combat in ESO is far more action based. ESO plays more like an first person game while WOW plays much more like an RTS even if you just control one character.
    That is the main difference.
    And yes some people prefer WOW combat and will not play ESO because of this but I guess majority prefer ESO combat
  • IwakuraLain42
    IwakuraLain42
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    reynLsv.jpg

There is not that much usuable/interesting space left: sure, Western Skyim and the rest of Morrowind (the Telavanni lands) could be a Chapter. Solstheim is pretty small, as is the rest of Cyrodiil. The Reach is enemy territory, I can't imagine a Chapter there. Black Marsh ? More swamps that look like Shadowfen (Murkmire is just a clone of the zone with slightly different architecture). Maybe Hammerfell, but I guess that is locked by TES6.

There aren't that many high value assets available.