The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Need help. I'd like to find out if anyone can see my EHT Open Houses

Catsmoke14
Catsmoke14
✭✭✭
Hello. I need a favor, not that anyone owes me one. Maybe I can help you or someone else some day.

Could someone check and see if any Open Houses are listed for @kwekweg, and report back? And which ones? (should be 3).

Thx
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I shall take a look and let you know here (as far as I can tell, my sigs aren’t recorded in the guest journals even though I have the Community app installed). Which server are you on? :)
  • Catsmoke14
    Catsmoke14
    ✭✭✭
    That would help wouldn't it?

NA server
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn’t see any of your homes listed under either Open Houses nor Other Homes. By entering your in-game name I was able to visit your primary (Mara’s Kiss) but that is all.
  • Catsmoke14
    Catsmoke14
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the help! I was going to use the open house function, but its been a struggle for me with this lately.

Well, there is plan B. Thanks!
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy to help! Hope you can get it working! Maybe post if you find what you need to do? I’ve been having difficulty getting features such as the Guest Journal to work; I haven’t tried having an open house yet.
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make sure you have the latest version of EHT installed, it gets updated frequently so if you don't have the latest version it may not work as expected.
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    And I may be stating the obvious, but please also check to see if you have the community portion of the app installed
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • Vulsahdaal
    Vulsahdaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Catsmoke14

Seems to be working now. I found 3 of yours in open houses. Mara's Kiss, Sugar Bowl Suite and Hall of lunar Champion.
  • Codeman1976
    Codeman1976
    ✭✭✭
    How awesome would this be if we could get such a thing on console. I have pondered the idea of going to pc, but I have way too much time and money invested into my PS4 account to actually go through with it. Claws crossed we can get something like this on console.
    PS4 NA
    Codeman1976
  • Catsmoke14
    Catsmoke14
    ✭✭✭
    LOL. Thanks everyone! You know what I did? I shut down, threw on my bike helmet and went for a ride, even tho' the temp was in the 30s F.

I'll have to remember that next time I have trouble.
    Vulsahdaal wrote: »
    @Catsmoke14

Seems to be working now. I found 3 of yours in open houses. Mara's Kiss, Sugar Bowl Suite and Hall of lunar Champion.

Edit: Altho' now its telling me I need to watch the video and install the app - and I no longer see my own houses. It's to dark for another ride...

EDIT2: Maybe time will fix it again. I'll add that I am on Win 7, have tried turning off the firewall completely (didn't help), have given the app all the access I can find, have unblocked it, and have Unset Read Only on all the recommended files in the EHT directory.

My virus apps are scanners, so not active. I upgraded a tenth, from 15.0.1 to 15.0.2 with the results as is - some other people can see my open houses, but I can't. Maybe I have a peculiar virus?

Those are the correct three houses at least. I'm not bumping this because I've wasted enough peoples time. I'm on to plan B.

Thanks to everyone. The quest is over.
    Edited by Catsmoke14 on November 18, 2019 2:49AM
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Catsmoke14 wrote: »
    LOL. Thanks everyone! You know what I did? I shut down, threw on my bike helmet and went for a ride, even tho' the temp was in the 30s F.

I'll have to remember that next time I have trouble.
    Vulsahdaal wrote: »
    @Catsmoke14

Edit: Altho' now its telling me I need to watch the video and install the app - and I no longer see my own houses. It's to dark for another ride...

EDIT2: Maybe time will fix it again. I'll add that I am on Win 7, have tried turning off the firewall completely (didn't help), have given the app all the access I can find, have unblocked it, and have Unset Read Only on all the recommended files in the EHT directory.

My virus apps are scanners, so not active. I upgraded a tenth, from 15.0.1 to 15.0.2 with the results as is - some other people can see my open houses, but I can't. Maybe I have a peculiar virus?

Those are the correct three houses at least. I'm not bumping this because I've wasted enough peoples time. I'm on to plan B.

Thanks to everyone. The quest is over.

I wouldn’t think one should see one’s own houses in the Open Houses section, should they? 🤔 I don’t think it would serve a purpose other than confirming that they are there. Oh, but you did see them there at first? I should try listing one... but I never feel mine are ready! :joy:

I will take a look again tomorrow... later today... and see whether I see them listed. Does both EHT and the community app seem to be working for you otherwise? I wonder in part because I also have Windows 7 and have tried and checked everything I could think of. Will have to do some testing... 🤔
    Edited by Araneae6537 on November 18, 2019 8:20AM
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Hi ! Sorry I am just seeing this thread now :(

@Catsmoke14 First, a silly question: Do you see the little e3q0pesmbljg.png icon in your system tray at the bottom-right corner of your Windows Desktop? If not, you likely would just need to run the install again which is bundled with EHT and located in:

..\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\Addons\EssentialHousingTools\EssentialHousingCommunity\

If you double-click the EssentialHousingCommunity application in there, it should install itself.

If you have already done this and you already see the e3q0pesmbljg.png icon, then I would suggest right-clicking the icon and choosing Uninstall. Then, follow the steps above to reinstall the app.

You can also try disabling any online drive sync'ing applications that may be messing with the Community app's ability to write to the files in those folders. Those would be things such as Google Drive, Microsoft's OneDrive, DropBox, etc.

If it still doesn't work after that, I would triple check that any scanning or firewall software is not blocking the app from communicating with the Community server.

I hope that helps! <3
  • dagrdagaz_5912
    dagrdagaz_5912
    ✭✭✭
    R_K wrote: »
    If it still doesn't work after that, I would triple check that any scanning or firewall software is not blocking the app from communicating with the Community server.

In regards to that.
    As was in my case, my security software was very determined to not like and terminate this app software. :'(
    Edited by dagrdagaz_5912 on November 19, 2019 2:52AM
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kwekweg I did and visited two yesterday
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom