The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Managing CP when frequently switching between DPS & Heals

Nephthys
Nephthys
✭✭✭
Hi all. Looking for some advice regarding the allocation of champion points when constantly swapping between DPS & Healing roles (as a casual player).

I am still levelling up my CP ( at about 640), play some solo & some group content with my guildies. I only do normal dungeons, a few of the easier vet ones, and some of the easy trial.

My guildies have a good healer for when they are doing serious content & I switch to heals only when it is for fun content.

So my concern is, how to allocate my CP. Do I focus on one role & be pretty meh when I swap to the other, or do I try to compromise on CP and sort of spread them out between the two roles.

I am aware that min/maxers pay the fee to swap CP when they swap roles, but at this stage I don’t wish to pay the gold to do that.

I’d like to know how others get around this. Thanks.
Dunmer magicka Necromancer DPS/Healer
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just set your cp for DPS. There isn't much you need for healing.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First off, if you are only doing normal dungeons and even with most vet dungeons you can get buy without setting any points to boost healing. I heal dungeons on my dps characters often and usually just slot a rStaff and a couple healing skills, not even a change of gear.

If you can prefer you can do a hybrid dps/healing CP. Basically just take some CP from each of the CP spots in the same section and add those to Blessed to increase your healing. You will be find like that in pretty much anything you want to do.

Did not catch your class. You can always look at https://alcasthq.com/ to get ideas for pure dps or heal CP. He has CP layouts for lower lvl, mid lvl, and CP capped players. His CP work probably comes from a former player who used to crunch the numbers for the game hard and developed the basis for best CP builds.

Also note, many CP spots have what is called jump points. Where no more added benefit is gained until you reach the next jump point. Alcast has a page on that as well. https://alcasthq.com/eso-championpoints-jumppoints/

Good luck and enjoy the game.
  • Nephthys
    Nephthys
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you OG-Kaveman & idk, for your quick responses.

That is a relief. I've been agonising over this for days. Yes I should have mentioned I am Dunmer magicka Necromancer and I have been following the guide at Altcast. Currently I have all my CP allocated as per his DPS guide.

Thank you so much.
  • Mataata
    Mataata
    ✭✭✭
    In my experience, you really only need to get Blessed up to 10% bonus in order for your heals to be really good. After that, get 10% in the one that increases resource gains from heavy attacks. Then go wild with all the DPS you want.
    I love the Power Glove! It's so bad!
    i also do art and stuff i guess, here's my twitter
  • itsfatbass
    itsfatbass
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1903-ChampionPointRespec.html

This add-on lets you save preset CP distributions. One click and done.
    ~PC/NA~ Magblade, Tankanist, Healplar, Stamcro, Oakensorc, Healden, Tanknight ~PLUR~
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I mean due to diminishing returns. I don't think it hurts your dps THAT much to take some out and put it towards Blessed. Mag specs have much more CP to work with than Stam because you have Penetration built in to your Light Armor, Stam builds sometimes run 60 in Piercing so you should be able to sacrifice some Damage CP for Blessed without issue.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on November 19, 2019 1:49AM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • stileanima
    stileanima
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just keep your DPS CP allocation for everything. Especially for the content you're talking about, the extra bit of healing power you gain from CPs isn't at all needed. :)
    Edited by stileanima on November 19, 2019 4:06PM
    Platform: PC/NA
    Guild: Calamity
    Role: Healer/Damage Dealer

YouTube | Twitch
  • Nephthys
    Nephthys
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone for your input. Very much appreciated.